Fight to the death who wins

Malekith has gem.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hulk should win but i ain't watched all of darkworld so i just assume hulk wins.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UFT

so far in MCU, the most powerful physical combat character has been kurse. given thor held off hulk while holding back, whereas aether malekith was never truly damaged by bloodlusted thor and duelled him evenly for a long time, i say malekith takes it

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

probably the accursed

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@uft: Thor never held off Hulk while holding back unless you completely skipped the ending of the fight where Hulk was throwing Thor around like a ragdoll.

I am tired of this Thor was holding back against Hulk narrative... Thor is nowhere near Hulk in physical strength in the movie actually. The only reason he did good against Hulk is because he literally got punched only once which sent him flying and bleeding, every other time he dodged his hits and that's the only reason until the end when Hulk got his hands on him. Look at how poorly Thor did against regular Ironman and look at how brutal the fight is between Hulkbuster and Hulk... But Thor can lift him with a tornado... And so? First off the Destroyer stood there like a moron waiting for the tornado to slowly pick him up, Hulk is quite the opposite he doesn't stand still not to mention picking him up would do nothing in the first place, the only weapon that Thor has that might work on Hulk is lightning itself. We don't know what would happen.

With that said Malekeith did nothing to suggest to me he would win against Hulk, i really don't see why Hulk can't pound the living crap out of him into the ground.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Hulk smash punny elf

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

If the feat I'm hearing about in AoU is true, I can't wait to see the MCU Thor battles once it's released, it's gonna be hilarious. Especially Thor vs MoS.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk layed the beat down on Thor, he can do the same to Malekith.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

Hulk layed the beat down on Thor, he can do the same to Malekith.

Did you just reply to your own topic....?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kfabz-23
GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@uft:

I am tired of this Thor was holding back against Hulk narrative...

I am with you on that one. The whole "Thor was holding back" is an overly used excuse to justify Thor's subpar showings.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkoMz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk wins 6/10 times.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk dominates.

Malekith was a sorry excuse for a villain in the movie.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thedailybagel  Moderator

@atheistknowledge: I agree, there's nothing to support thor holding back against hulk, or anyone for that matter. He hasn't been characterised like that in the mcu.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

???

@atheistknowledge: I agree, there's nothing to support thor holding back against hulk, or anyone for that matter. He hasn't been characterised like that in the mcu.

He was also holding back against Iron Man and was supposedly still weakened form his trip to Earth

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thedailybagel  Moderator

@gxrevolution96: when was that said?

Because he didn't have problem with trying to cave caps head in...

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: I agree with you. I always laugh at the "Thor holding back" statement because the people who say that don't even back it up.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Yes something he said before he got hit and started seriously fighting him.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85 said:

Hulk should win but i ain't watched all of darkworld so i just assume hulk wins.

no you cant assume someone wins without knowledge

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Thor was never seriously fighting him. He was trying to restrain him. He didn't fly. Used no lightning. Barely used Mjolnir. He was holding back. Look at his other fights where he destroys the battle ground, uses lightning, and tornadoes and flight. He was definitely holding back and still held his own.

And he didn't do poorly against Iron Man at all. He tanked all of his attacks and took no damage while Tony did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: And what feat might that be? I'm really excited to see more of thor.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thedailybagel  Moderator

@leo-343: that was before they actually started fighting.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: He was inside a hellcarier there was no room to actually fly or use much lightning he hit him with a full strike with Mljonir using his entire body in the hit. So he was not pulling back his punches. Look at Hulks fight with Hulkbuster or Abomination he is literally relentless and unstoppable in the way he fights as oppose to his fight with Thor which more looked like a stare down until he actually got his hands on Thor and started throwing him around. Thor fanboys cry how Thor held back yet Hulk was completely restrained in that fight as oppose to his every other fight he had in Avengers, why didn't he ragdoll Thor and bullrush him like he did Loki, Hulkbuster? The only thing he did in the entire fight before the end was punch Thor once which was enough to send him flying and have him bleed.

I am sorry but that is not how an unrestrained Hulk fights, this is more like it.

Loading Video...

so if you wanna play the Thor was holding back card, so was Hulk.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thedailybagel  Moderator

@jayc1324: well he couldn't really destroy the battleground or use lighting since he was INSIDE a flying battleship containing who knows how many people.

It's not called holding back, it's called not being a reckless idiot.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@rogueshadow: And what feat might that be? I'm really excited to see more of thor.

yae whats that feat suppose to be? a god blast or warriors madness possibly? I do remember seeing a huge blast of lighting in the trailer destroy a huge part of the city and cave it in. Not sure if thats from Thor though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: That's the reason he was holding back. Because he didn't want to hurt anyone and was trying to just contain the hulk. He was holding back. He didn't even use any of his powers, he was more of a distraction for Hulk so he wouldn't destroy the helicarrier.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

yae whats that feat suppose to be? a god blast or warriors madness possibly? I do remember seeing a huge blast of lighting in the trailer destroy a huge part of the city and cave it in. Not sure if thats from Thor though.

Spoiler According to the press that saw the early screenings of it, Thor dies which sets up Ragnarok. Spoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Its not a card to play, it is a fact. He didn't use any of his powers or anything.

Hulk isn't smart enough to know to hold back. There's no reason to bullrush Thor when he's standing right in front of him, and he did start throwing Thor around at the end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thedailybagel  Moderator

@jayc1324: that's. Not. Holding. Back.

Holding back implies he wasn't trying to hurt hulk and was pulling his hits. He wasn't. if anything, the best way of putting it would be saying he didn't go all out, which is true. Directly holding back? Not so much.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@leo-343: I agree that he wasn't going all out, but I disagree that he was outright holding back to the point of pulling his hits.

If anything that fight was a testament to how things would go in a purely physical encounter imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: It is holding back. Not using any of his powers could be considered pulling his "punches." If he wasn't using his powers at all I don't see how its not holding back. He held back his lighting and storms for sure.

Holding back doesn't have to just mean pulling punches.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AtheistKnowledge
@jayc1324 said:

@atheistknowledge: Its not a card to play, it is a fact. He didn't use any of his powers or anything.

Hulk isn't smart enough to know to hold back. There's no reason to bullrush Thor when he's standing right in front of him, and he did start throwing Thor around at the end.

So Hulk never used his real strength, didn't go berserk on Thor as in slam him repeatedly into the ground once he grabbed him like he did with Loki, he didn't use his thunderclap so i guess he was also holding back by your own definition since he didn't use all of his powers. There is nothing to do with smarts it's about how angry he is and how he fights when he cuts loose as oppose to how he fought against Thor.

I am sorry it makes no sense to you but that's the rumor that is spreading around so far, Thor dies near the very end. Which both sets up the tone of Civil War and probably his resurrection in Ragnaros.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Hulk used the thunderclap to save Betty from fire. No reason to use it here. And he still grabbed thor and threw him around. He did everything he usually does. Which is just smash.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: No he did not the same way he did with Loki and he hit him only once in the entire fight. So yea the whole fight writers where favoring Thor's lesser durability so he had to avoid most of Hulks shot and Hulk had to be restrained and even used as a shield when the jet fighter started firing at them and Thor had to run to cover lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: not the exact same way but he was still dominating him at the end.

And I don't think the gunfire would've done anything to Thor, Loki was shot in the face at the beginning of the movie when he attacked Shield and he was fine

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Not as much as he could have.

If it wouldn't have done anything why run for cover? Not to mention you are comparing a pistol and Loki to Thor and high caliber guns mounted on jets designed to rip apart other jets...

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk rips the elf apart.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malekith.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@those_eyes said:

@jayc1324 said:

Spoiler According to the press that saw the early screenings of it, Thor dies which sets up Ragnarok. Spoiler

I knew it!

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GXrevolution96

e

@jayc1324 said:

@thedailybagel: It is holding back. Not using any of his powers could be considered pulling his "punches." If he wasn't using his powers at all I don't see how its not holding back. He held back his lighting and storms for sure.

Holding back doesn't have to just mean pulling punches.

The whole "He wasn't using all of his powers therefore he was holding back" argument doesn't hold up.

A character not using their full arsenal doesn't necessarily mean they are holding back. Goku was going all out in his fight Vegeta despite not using SSJ3. Piccolo never used Flash Grenade against 17 despite it being his most devastating attack. An attack which was heavily implied to be sufficient to kill the latter. But according to the argument that you are proposing, he must have been holding back, which he quite clearly wasn't. Using ATLA, for example; Aang can go all out against an opponent, while at the same time, restricting himself to one element. This is shown with Korra when she fought in the Earth Rumble using only earth bending.

My point is that a character can go all out and not use all their abilities. Thor was putting in a lot of effort when he fought Hulk and was getting ragged dolled in the later part of the fight. Even his hammer swing did not do that much Hulk. He didnt use lightning against Kurse, and it is safe to assume that he wasn't holding back there.

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the feat I'm hearing about in AoU is true, I can't wait to see the MCU Thor battles once it's released, it's gonna be hilarious. Especially Thor vs MoS.

what feat in AoU? Please tell me.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

He sacrifices his life which results in him pretty much exploding in lighting and dying.

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Master-Danny

@atheistknowledge said:

@master-danny said:

@rogueshadow said:

He sacrifices his life which results in him pretty much exploding in lighting and dying.

and how big is this? how much destrution?

edit - is this even true?