User Lists: 11

kurse

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The hammer sent Hulk flying, Kurse sent the hammer flying.

TheGreatUniter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk one shots

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tough to say

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stompa: I don't think Hulk had what it takes to destroy the floating city, or hit Malekith hard enough to separate the Aether from him, but I do see the point you're trying to make.

Hulk is strong but hasn't shown feats on that level yet.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor proved that he is above Hulk in AoU and Kurse stomped him out so, therefore, Kurse beats Hulk.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse wins.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kurse

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@the_knight_rhoden: and thats the beauty about the internet....you can agree to disagree. :-)

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@stompa: I don't think Hulk had what it takes to destroy the floating city, or hit Malekith hard enough to separate the Aether from him, but I do see the point you're trying to make.

Hulk is strong but hasn't shown feats on that level yet.

Thor didn't do that he used plot devices. And the city busting feat is so full of context applying it to a fight scenario makes no sense.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abomination was clearly shown to be physically superior to Hulk in every way (just like most people say Kurse is). At the beginning of their fight, Abomination was overpowering Hulk, taking his Leviathin busting punches and mocking him asking for more, he was making Hulk dizzy and rattling him around with his punches. Yet as the fight progressed, Hulk got angrier, stronger and eventually overpowered defeated an opponent who was clearly shown to be stronger, more durable, and who could hit harder.

Can anyone give me a reason why a fight with Kurse won't play out the same way?

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stompa: Agreed, although Hulk may take it if he gets angry enough, I don't see him hurting Kurse in the initial phase of the fight.

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Him hitting Malekith hard enough wasn't a plot device it was his own strength, the portal used to teleport Malekith away afterwards was a plot device, but the actual blow itself was all Thor.

Although I have to give the city busting to you, he didn't really "destroy" it, he destroyed the machine which in turn destroyed the city, but destroying the machine is still a somewhat impressive feat in and of itself though.

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk would win after a long fight.

itheone123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper said:

The kursed confused me, at the beginning of the movie it took maybe 10 guards/soldiers to beat one and bor was vaporizing them like they weren't even there, but now a god gets stomped by one? Hulk has better feats for striking by a long shot so hulk wins.

This! I didn't understand. Maybe its because it was the most powerful kursed out of all. idk.

It is because Bor was a skyfather ! :-p

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way is Kurse losing to puny Hulk who couldn't even handle Thor.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse, he swatted Mjolnir away he'll swat Hulk away too.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My opinion has changed somewhat since my last comments (Pg 2)

I think Kurse may take a majority.

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse stomps

nickyhansard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By nickyhansard

I hate to say it but I think Kurse would win.

BUT

Based on the movie 'The Incredible Hulk' (2008), the Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier e.g. when the Hulk gets the gleam in his eyes and overpowers the Abomination.

It's not clear in the MCU but I think it's likely that the Hulks strength is comparatively limitless - compared even to Kurse.

Therefore I think that Kurse would win this fight IF he actively tried to finish it quickly and mercilessly. If he prolonged the fight/or the Hulk was already significantly angry than the likelihood of Kurse winning diminishes.

I would like to point out a few things based on other comments.

When Loki stabs Kurse in the Thor 2, you see Thor's face just after Loki stabs him, he is absolutely battered and dazed. He was not coming back from that fight.

Thor never gets a clean shot on Kurse with his hammer.

Thor was only able to resist the Hulk while he had his hammer in the Avengers - yes, I understand he was not bloodlusted against the Hulk but was against Kurse. In my opinion the Hulk displayed similar levels of power in comparison to Kurse against Thor but the Hulk displayed it by manhandling Thor, Kurse displayed it by punching Thor. I'm sure one was more painful than the other but they are almost equally impressive.

The Hulk - just after transforming - made Thor bleed with a single punch in the hell carrier but after Kurse gave Thor a massive beat down, Thor wasn't significantly injured, at least not in the form of bruises or cuts on his face.

Hulk threw a pretty large boulder into the sky in The Incredible Hulk.

Kurse threw a much larger boulder a much shorter distance.

Kurse was able to be penetrated by normal-ish (Asgardian) weapons - he was not invulnerable. He was extremely resistant to pain and he seemed unaffected by minor injuries (I assume losing a limb would render that limb useless though).

I think the Hulk has healing capabilities in the MCU and I think we can assume that they are very good.

Hulk thrashed Loki and could have killed him if he wished.

Loki had a surprisingly good showing against Thor - yes, I understand Thor was not trying to injure his brother but can you imagine if he had tried that on the Hulk?

We have no idea if the Hulk cell from the Avengers would have actually hurt or even contained the Hulk, so the Thor and cage incident is irrelevant.

Holding back doesn't mean you get injured easier and doesn't mean your hard shots aren't at least in the same ball park.

While the comic book history isn't totally irrelevant in this fight, you can't really use that as evidence when it's clearly stated that the movie versions are to be used.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see Hulk beating Kurse. Hulk had trouble with Mjolnir and it sent him flying whereas Kurse swatted Mjolnir away as if it was nothing.

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk should win, he was holding back against thor and kurse had advantages over thor he wouldn't have over hulk, plain and simple

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all, both hulk and Thor were holding back on their first encounter, neither were bloodbusted. The only way kurse can win is by using those black hole grenades, still, hulk should easily get through those

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Hulk didn't get sent flying by the hammer, he tried to catch it mid air and it dragged him the rest of the way.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Hulk didn't get sent flying by the hammer, he tried to catch it mid air and it dragged him the rest of the way.

Thor did send Hulk flying lol what movie were you watching? And when Thor threw Mjolnir at Hulk (wasn't even a charged throw) Hulk caught it and got pulled with it. Curse completely swatted it away.

Loading Video...

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By pipxeroth

@uugieboogie: I was talking about the hammer being thrown, not the actual strike from Thor. The only reason Kurse swatted it away and Hulk didn't is because Hulk figured he could pick up and use the hammer, Kurse of course had no such though ts and just slapped it out of the way. Also Mjolnir being thrown by Thor > Thor returning Mjolnir to his hand, regardless of whether it was a charged throw or not.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I was talking about the hammer being thrown, not the actual strike from Thor. The only reason Kurse swatted it away and Hulk didn't is because Hulk figured he could pick up and use the hammer, Kurse of course had no such though ts and just slapped it out of the way. Also Mjolnir being thrown by Thor > Thor returning Mjolnir to his hand, regardless of whether it was a charged throw or not.

1. So now you know what these characters are thinking?
  2. What does the second part even mean? Thor didn't even call mjolnir back when he threw it at Hulk he just went up to him and kneed him in the face.
  3. Hulk was clearly affected by Thor's punches and knee strikes whereas Kurse no showed Thor's punches.
pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By pipxeroth

@uugieboogie:

1. Are you kidding? He tries to pick up the hammer after catching it. I don't know how it can be anymore obvious than that.

Loading Video...

Thor is calling Mjolnir back to him when Kurse slaps it out of the way. Thor throws Mjolnir at Hulk. Throw > Call Back. And if you're talking about the first part of the fight Kurse doesn't slap Mjolnir, he slaps all of Thor.

3. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm not arguing for Hulk in this. I was just trying to correct what you said.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth:

1. That doesn't take away from the fact when he tried to catch it he went flying with it. You do not know what these characters were thinking don't make assumptions lol

2. Dude did you not see when he called for it when he was fighting Malekeith? It broke orbit in seconds so saying "Throw > Call" is another assumption. When he threw it at Hulk it was barely a toss and it when a lot faster when he called for it. That throw it did to Hulk was a lot weaker than what he did to the Frost Giants lol.

3. There is no misunderstanding and you haven't corrected anything. Kurse back handed Mjolnir and Hulk got sent flying by it that's FACT and backed by visual proof. Everything you're saying is an assumption and you have no way to prove it.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#233  Edited By GXrevolution96

@uugieboogie said:

@pipxeroth:

cters were thinking don't make assumptions lol

2. Dude did you not see when he called for it when he was fighting Malekeith? It broke orbit in seconds so saying "Throw > Call" is another assumption. When he threw it at Hulk it was barely a toss and it when a lot faster when he called for it. That throw it did to Hulk was a lot weaker than what he did to the Frost Giants lol.

You are not factoring in distance. Mjlonir was much further away from Thor in that scene. Whenever the hammer is in Thor's general vicinity, it has never gone anywhere near that fast. So those two examples are in comprable.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse overpowers him.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

hulk

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging by how they fought Thor (and that's pretty much the only thing we got to judge by)...Movie version Kurse seems likely to take it. We haven't seen how much stronger Hulk gets as he gets angrier in the movies. Kurse looked VERY powerful in the movie.

MCU versions: Kurse

Comic Versions: Hulk

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: That didn't take away from the point I was making which was it wasn't going fast at all when he threw it at Hulk and IMO it was going faster when he Kurse slapped it. And that he has traveled faster when he was summoning it rather than throwing it.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@gxrevolution96: That didn't take away from the point I was making which was it wasn't going fast at all when he threw it at Hulk and IMO it was going faster when he Kurse slapped it. And that he has traveled faster when he was summoning it rather than throwing it.

But you are comapring Hulk catching it to Kurse slapping it away, which doesn't work. For we all know, Hulk could have done the exact same thing had he attemped to slap it away instead. And as I said, that was the only time it has ever travelled that fast when being summoned, which was most likely due to the distance. It is not like Kurse slapped it away while it was moving at that speed. Furthermore, there is no way of knowing how fast it was going in either instance(When he threw at Hulk or when he summoned when fighting kurse).

Kurse did not do anyhting on this level

No Caption Provided

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

But you are comapring Hulk catching it to Kurse slapping it away, which doesn't work. For we all know, Hulk could have done the exact same thing had he attemped to slap it away instead. And as I said, that was the only time it has ever travelled that fast when being summoned, which was most likely due to the distance. It is not like Kurse slapped it away while it was moving at that speed. Furthermore, there is no way of knowing how fast it was going in either instance(When he threw at Hulk or when he summoned when fighting kurse).

No Caption Provided

I, uh, keep forgetting about that feat (how the hell can i keep forgetting about this, it's the coolest showing in the movie!!!)

Changing my vote to Hulk >.<

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

You can't base your argument off of an assumption. You're assuming Hulk could've done something but all we saw was Hulk get hit with it and sent flying and try to catch it and sent flying. I don't how you people can just assume characters can do certain things which contradicts what we've seen them do. No matter how you look at it Mjolnir was traveling faster towards Kurse than it was when Thor threw it.

Throw at Hulk

Loading Video...

Summon vs Kurse (and it was charged with lightning)

Loading Video...

That same punch Hulk did on Thor and all it did was give him a nose bleed and sent him through some crates. Whereas Kurse's backhand sent Thor flying.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Thor's strikes Vs Hulk

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Thor's strikes vs Kurse

Loading Video...

It should be noted that the fight could've went differently if he could've gotten his hands on Mjolnir but the fact that he couldn't even lay a finger on Mjolnir with Kurse around is saying something. It should also be noted that Hulk was enraged when he was fighting Thor on the helicarrier and anyone who says Hulk was holding back hasn't seen the movie. And it has to be noted at the start of the fight and most of the fight Thor was trying to reason with Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a difference between trying to deflect the hammer vs trying to catch the hammer. The MCU has made this pretty evident when Hulk and Pietro try to catch it (by the handle) the hammer remains unmoved and its course is unchanged. That's attributed to the hammer's enchantment. Kurse was able to deflect it because he's 1) strong as hell 2) He didn't try to wield it.

With that, I think that Hulk would beat Kurse 5.5/10.

Here's why:

Both Kurse and Hulk are kind of dumb fighters, they punch and puch until their target is broken, Hulk is slightly more clever in fighting, sometimes using simple weapons (Cars, plane wing, attempting to use Mjolnir) While Kurse's attack against Thor was more reminiscent of Planet of the Apes brawling.

Kurse is definitely stronger than Base-Hulk. Just like abomination, he'd toss hulk around like a doll for much of the fight. The important bit is when Hulk get's angry, then hulk would be able to pin, and whoop the much smaller Kurse. Kurse's brawl against Thor, thor didnt have the hammer, and he was able to grapple with kurse about as well as he did grappling against Hulk. also, after kurse died, thor got up pretty quick to look at "dying Loki." Lastly, Kurse's best feat IMO was either breaking forcefields/throwing the boulder, while Hulk oneshot the Leviathan.

Also, this is a tangent, someone mention nothing drawing blood from the hulk in the MCU, that's not true. He bled from getting blasted by chitauri weapons, and abomination impaled him

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse vs hulk would play out way different than kurse vs thor... hulk is bigger and could literally pick up kurse and throw him, bear hug him and use his massive fist to throw him.. hulk is probably physcially stronger than thor, and his punches should at least move kurse and make it hard to block, especially since hulk can hit kurse at a distance that kurse cant hit hulk. Kurse didnt show much skill and i dont see why he would be ducking beneath hulks punches or jumping up to knee him like thor did. Kurse will try to pound hulk but hulk is too big for it to happen. Kurse is probably physically stronger than hulk however..id say hulk wind

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse slaughterhouse

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea what movie you guys are watching but I. No way is this a stomp.

Kurse batted away mjolnir?

At what speeds? And what does that give him other than reaction timing?

hulk wins

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk. He has better feats in every way

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kurse stomps. Only way to kill Kurse is to use his own weapon against him. He was rag dolling Thor the whole fight

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse destroys

Avatar image for joshuaw14984941
JoshuaW14984941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a lot to say about this topic, so please hear me out.

If you guys have seen Thor 2, Kurse was barely trying and he's taken out anywhere from 50-100 Asgardian's with ease. He managed to survive a bunch of punches and hits from Thor and his hammer and even survived a knife from his own race (Dark Elves)

You could tell during Kurse's parts of the movie he was never going 100%. Hell he was never even at 50%, while Thor went 100% and could barely put a dent on him. Kurse's strength is twice the size of Thor's (Thor's strength being in the Class of 100 Tons) and Kurse's power was increased by ten thanks to the Beyonder (though that's only in the comics).

Kurse gains 10x more strength and becomes completely immune to physical attacks (in the comics) thanks to the Beyonder.

Oh, did I mention Kurse can absorb anything made of energy, lightning, fire or cosmic..? He can also disintegrate others... (Shown in Thor 2 and in the comics.)

The only thing that could harm him was a Black-Hole Grenade and that's because Loki stuck it on him.....

Kurse could smack Thor's hammer away, which is funny because no one except Odin and Thor could pick up and lift, even swing the hammer.

Kurse is also capable of learning / using magic, which (I think) is one of Thor's weaknesses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto Hulk... We don't KNOW if he went 100% (We may never see his 100%, because the angrier he becomes, the stronger...) and maybe he went 50%, we don't know. Thor could've kicked Hulk's butt, but they were in the helicarrier and didn't want to kill or harm anyone, so he fought with ease.

All Hulk can do is thunderclap (mainly only seen once and that was in the movie), kick, headbutt, punch and jump. I mean, he's fast, faster than Kurse, but Kurse's senses are heightened to the point where he could sense Hulk from a continent and if Hulk is around him, giving Kurse a higher advantage. Then Hulk is in the same class strength as Thor, if not, a little higher, so that kinda puts Hulk on a lower level than Kurse.

Hulk was able to take bullets without damage (if you saw the 2008 movie, they basically flung off him like Superman) and could survive a hit from his owner enemy who was supposedly stronger than him (the main villian in the movie was bigger and physically stronger, than had more of a advantage because he was a master hand-to-hand combatant and was a great strategist).

All we need to do is take Banner's blood when he's in human form (even in Hulk) which MIGHT keep him from transforming (sadly, there's 25% chance, because they did it in the movie and he could still transform).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you compare the advantages and weaknesses, Kurse would win this battle. It might take him some time, but Kurse wins.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Kurse carves his skull in.