#1 Edited by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Before you start

When making a new battle thread make sure you understand both characters / Team you are pairing off. This will not only prevent your thread from being locked due to an unfair battle but will also allow you to debate in your own thread.

Now on to making the thread.

First step and perhaps the most important: Check to see if the thread has not already been made, there is a few ways to check this one is to use the search function provided by comicvine, which you can learn to use in this thread   search Function and Dupe Threads  Or you can use the re-cap thread to double check   Battle Re-Cap   I would suggest using both to be on the same side. Also make sure to read the site rules before hand as well:

Now if the battle has not been made before, then you will need to click the “Start a New Topic” button found at the top right of the comicvine forum page. (See picture)

Now that we have done that we need a title for the battle; most titles should include who is fighting e.g Batman Vs Captain . If you wish to do a battle that has already been created but you have a different set up, make sure to place “read OP”. OP stands for opening post and will alert users to the fact that this is not just a straight out fight. Make sure that the forum you are posting in is the battle forums, if it is different change the drop down option to Battle Forums.

Okay now making the actually battle itself, things you will need in your OP will be.

1.Links  

Link to the characters pages and use current pictures of fighters, unless you wish to have an older version fighting E.G.

Batman ( Dick Grayson) Vs Captain  (Steve Rogers)

As we all know Batman mantle has been taken over by Dick Grayson (at the moment) and Bucky has become Captain America kinda. So it is best to link to the person you wan't to use and add in brackets behind the names who you want in this fight as above. If you don't know how to link follow this guide    How to Link Characters to their page.

2. Location, 

this sometimes can change the outcome of a battle, it is best to think about this for your battle and if you can provide images.  

Gotham  docks at night.

3.Gear

Gear is also a factor to bring into a battle, what weapons or gadgets are you giving the fighters.

Both Batman and Cap have normal equipment add pictures where required.  

4. Detail

Detail is an important factor, make sure to give as much as possible about the fight, what distance, strength and so on does each character bring to the table.

Both fighters start twenty meters apart; they are fighting for their lives. fighters have morals on and have had one hour prep and know who they are fighting. They can call one person for back up.

5. Rules

If you need to set rules for your battle then do so, do not be afraid to tailor a battle to make it more fair

Rules: Back up can not be anyone over 5 tones or have invincibility or magic use.  

Now click post topic

Links to examples of good battle threads:

Danes One Man Army Thread     

Gladiator VS Black Spectre

#2 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a needed thread right now. Well said, Arrow. :)

#3 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: I added a link to this in the FAQ, hopefully it will help with all the crazy battles that seem to be appearing.
#4 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow: I hope so too. 
#5 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @Final Arrow: I hope so too.  "
Crosses fingers.
#6 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice job :)

#7 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

good job!

#8 Posted by Erik (32812 posts) - - Show Bio

Great thread. Thank you very much Arrow. 

#9 Posted by Erik (32812 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this should be pinned though. 

#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Good thread. Too bad it won't be read as much as it should, though.
#11 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

You might wanna pin this, Arrow.

#12 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, we just need people to actually read it.

#13 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, these threads are not read enough. Maybe when these type of threads are made, the title should just be "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING, YOU NOOB MORON!"

#14 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:

" Seriously, these threads are not read enough. Maybe when these type of threads are made, the title should just be "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING, YOU NOOB MORON!" "

All unnecessary and somewhat inappropriate exaggeration aside, inserting "(Read this before posting)" after the title of the thread may not be such a bad idea. 
#15 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Silver, you crackhead.

#16 Edited by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Yeah, maybe we should leave the last part out.
#17 Edited by ckal (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice thread Arrow. Hopefully it is read by everyone who is doing it wrong.

This site should not allow people to create new threads until several pinned threads are read. Once they are read through, users may be allowed to post. You know what why stop there? Make new users pass a short quiz on how to correctly make new battles before they are permitted to.

I've seen so many locked threads recently. Bad job by the users, good job by you Arrow.

#18 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal said:
"  Nice thread Arrow. Hopefully it is read by everyone who is doing it wrong. This site should not allow people to create new threads until several pinned threads are read. Once they are read through, users may be allowed to post. You know what why stop there? Make new users pass a short quiz on how to correctly make new battles before they are permitted to.  I've seen so many locked threads recently. Bad job by the users, good job by you Arrow. "
This is what we have been hoping is done on new registries. I have also suggested simulations/tests to make sure new users actually learned what they read, assuming they even read it. 
#19 Posted by ckal (1099 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:

" @ckal said:

"  Nice thread Arrow. Hopefully it is read by everyone who is doing it wrong. This site should not allow people to create new threads until several pinned threads are read. Once they are read through, users may be allowed to post. You know what why stop there? Make new users pass a short quiz on how to correctly make new battles before they are permitted to.  I've seen so many locked threads recently. Bad job by the users, good job by you Arrow. "
This is what we have been hoping is done on new registries. I have also suggested simulations/tests to make sure new users actually learned what they read, assuming they even read it.  "
 Whoa I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I haven't heard this mentioned before, but I'm glad it others are thinking it. If there is enough of a deal made about it, maybe something will get done.
#20 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal said:
" @Silver2467 said:

" @ckal said:

This is what we have been hoping is done on new registries. I have also suggested simulations/tests to make sure new users actually learned what they read, assuming they even read it.  "
 Whoa I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I haven't heard this mentioned before, but I'm glad it others are thinking it. If there is enough of a deal made about it, maybe something will get done. "
Agreed. 
#21 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Great Thread Arrow

#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" Seriously, these threads are not read enough. Maybe when these type of threads are made, the title should just be "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING, YOU NOOB MORON!" "
LMAO!!!!!!!!!! YES! 

@Silver2467 said:
" @ckal said:
Again, yes! I am completely behind you on this one.
#23 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
"@Silver2467 said:

All unnecessary and somewhat inappropriate exaggeration aside, inserting "(Read this before posting)" after the title of the thread may not be such a bad idea.  "

It says that on the FAQ which this page is linked to. 

@erik said:
"I think this should be pinned though.  "

It's been added to the FAQ. 

#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92704 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow, seriously, great job. It's wonderful to see the effort that you've been putting into starting the clean up.

#25 Posted by lagoon_boy (10954 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"  

Now, we just need people to actually read it.   "
Wheres that from?
#26 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio

An awards show..

#27 Posted by lagoon_boy (10954 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: I see.
#28 Posted by ckal (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump