Avatar image for kalthehokage_2007
KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KalTheHokage_2007

I've heard speculation from one end of the spectrum to the next on Golden Superman Prime's power level. Can someone please clarify for me how powerful Golden Superman Prime is?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

He's golden, so obviously he's Living Tribunal level and second only to the Presence.

KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KalTheHokage_2007

I've heard other people say he's just barely on sky father level

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one really knows his limits.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Om4zd

He is most probably at around Rune King Thor level, but without the Odin Force.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

It's implied that when he becomes the golden superman, he is the most powerful living thing in the DCU. I don't know if that includes guys like Spectre or Phantom Stranger, but he's recreated Krypton and Lois Lane sooooooo he's got skills.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slimj87d

He was sundipped in a yellow sun for countless amounts of year, which is way more than a yellow sun in terms of energy. Prior he had inherited all kinds of different abilities and powers. 

Presence 
Michael and Lucifer 
Spectre full power tied ,  HOG Kyle Rayner (fusion of Central Power battery, Guardians of the Universe, Ion entity), Parallax Hal   
Golden Superman, he would probably fall somewhere below here. 

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saren

In all seriousness though, he's nowhere near as powerful as people seem to think he is.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

I would say above pre-crisis probably

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By slimj87d
@CitizenBane said:

In all seriousness though, he's nowhere near as powerful as people seem to think he is.

Do you know which powers he gained from his travels? Or did they leave that pretty vague? 

Overall, he don't recall him gaining powers to warp reality or control over time, etc which puts him below a lot of other people that can unless if he actually could. 
Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say above Pre-Crisis, Kyle during his first stint as Ion, and Hal as Parallax. With all his powers, he's easily above Kal Kent (Who can punch through the time barrier) So I guess Skyfather level.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saren

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

I'd say above Pre-Crisis, Kyle during his first stint as Ion, and Hal as Parallax. With all his powers, he's easily above Kal Kent (Who can punch through the time barrier) So I guess Skyfather level.

He has done nothing to even come close to Ion or Parallax.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

Anything Kal can do, he can do. Keep that in mind. Anything Post crisis Superman can do, he can do. He's bathed in the sun for centuries, grants his descendants portions of his power, he's got a power ring, is able to manipulate DNA, crushed Solaris like it was nothing, we can only imagine what else he's done. Like with other characters we haven't seen enough to be able to make a solid argument. The OP asked however and that's simply my opinion on it.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Saren

@CitizenBane said:

Anything Kal can do, he can do. Keep that in mind. Anything Post crisis Superman can do, he can do. He's bathed in the sun for centuries, grants his descendants portions of his power, he's got a power ring, is able to manipulate DNA, crushed Solaris like it was nothing, we can only imagine what else he's done. Like with other characters we haven't seen enough to be able to make a solid argument. The OP asked however and that's simply my opinion on it.

That's nice, but it still isn't anywhere near Ion or Parallax.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

@CitizenBane said:

That's nice, but it still isn't anywhere near Ion or Parallax.

Is my opinion though. If you don't agree then don't agree lol not even that big of a deal. I'm taking everything he's done and we know he's capable of and saying it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine him messing with time or the universe in some way.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By slimj87d

Ion HOG was capable of being in multiple places at once being nearly omnipresent, this one of the many examples of why I wouldn't put him at that level. 

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By HolySerpent

We don't know the full extent of his abilities

silverman201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By silverman201

Atleast high herald based on feats shown and Skyfather level based on implied power since he did things such as grant powers to his descendants, manipulating the supersun to channel its energy threw him, altered his physical form and outfit to gold, used a green lantern ring he just obtained to instantly destroy Solaris and put a large green lantern symbol over the sun, manipulated dna and plucked The Atom from another universe while claiming he could of saved his entire reality if he was fast enough.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the creator

Apart from the details that Nathaniel_Christopher stated, there are no other feats for him and which case any else Is speculation. So base his power level on the feats he has been shown to perform. That is his power level until further feats are published.

Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Supreme Cosmic

THANKS TO THE NEW 52, WE WILL NEVER KNOW

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Onemoreposter

@SlimJ87D: Parallax Hal (merged with CPB) > Ion (HOG) Kyle

HOG wasn't fused with the CPB. He was leaching energy left behind in the sun from when Parallax did.

Parallax was a reality/time warper of the highest order. HOG Kyle had some serious skill, but not like Hal Jordan did back in '94.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

He lacks feats. I don't buy into the "we'll never know how powerful he is" BS. He falls into the Manhattan category of "what you see is what you get." So in short: he's not that great.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slimj87d
@Onemoreposter said:

HOG wasn't fused with the CPB. He was leaching energy left behind in the sun from when Parallax did.

Parallax was a reality/time warper of the highest order. HOG Kyle had some serious skill, but not like Hal Jordan did back in '94.

That is debatable (See note 1)  because Kyle was capable of restoring the corps back to what it was and recreate the Guardians of the Universe with male and female gender. 

Note 1: 
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/parallax-vs-the-ion/5878/  
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/kyle-rayner-ion-vs-hal-jordan-parallax/390002/  
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/kyle-rayner-ion-vs-hal-jordan-parallax/548267/  

Feel free to express your opinion and debate against the 100s of post that may or may not disagree with your statement. 
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jeanroygrant

@HolySerpent said:

We don't know the full extent of his abilities
SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SPM1M

Superman prime one million is one of DCs most vague characters as nearly all his powers remain shrouded in mystery but this is everything that has been brought to light

It seems superman left the earth after he out lived his loved ones he left to explore and circumnavigate the universe, he didnt leave the earth unprotected as he left superman secondus as the earths defender. this began the superman dynasty, many years later wen kal kent was the systems superman he saw the return of the original superman it was stated that he had learned powers from all corners of the universe and that the expression on supermans was like if he had crashed at the gates of heaven. It was at this point that he made a pact with his dynasty, that he would grant his descendants powers beyond any held by any meta human EVER.

Then wat takes place next is that he exiles him self in the center of the sun for around 1500 years and re emerges in the dc one million arc wen they have a celebration to welcome his return and solaris has a plan to end him. after all the battles take place superman prime emerges from the sun and crushes solaris(after he was burnt out) who had been taking on tens if not hundreds of herald level beings. Then he revives louis lane(with the help of hourman) and re creates krypton from a shard of kryptnonite. This is about all he does in this arc but has since had a couple more appearances

his next appearance is in DCs one million 80 page giant which has about twelve different issues all about DC one millions heroes in one issue it shows how the atom was saved by SPM1M from a dimensional collapse, he stated that things happened to fast for even him to preserve his reality and then welcomes the atom to his universe

another appearance he makes is in all star superman wen he is taken to the future (time travel) and recieves form himself an indestructible flower from new krypton

So as far as i know SPM1M has the power to manipulate DNA and matter on a large scale, has the ability to somehow save different universes and realities if given the time, he can also time travel and transport other beings through dimensions and time, lets not forget his original kryptonian powers which have imo probably evolved far beyond the level of any version of superman(except thought robot) before due to his time in the super sun and finally the endless powers he learned from navigating the universe. This is about everything he has shown but if you consider his implied power he is far beyond wat is shown. Consider that he grants his descendants powers beyond any held by any meta human, consider that super beings such as kal kent, and hourman (who wields power at a universal level) express they are no where near SPM1M power. IMO he wields at least low multiversal power and has a seat on DCs top ten most powerful beings list but by no reason is it shown nor do i believe that he is on par with beings such as the living tribunal, mandrakk, beyonder, great evil beast ETC some people just get too excited and where does it state that he is second to the presence other than some wiki page thats garbage, have a nice day viners

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By TifaLockhart

We may never know.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By slimj87d
@SPM1M: How did he recreate Krypton? Just with his powers alone? Because that would put him about or above Odin's level. 
SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SPM1M

@SlimJ87D: he recreated it from the shard of kryptonite solaris had but it doesnt show how he actually did it but he didnt just recreate krypton he also recreated the kryptonian race im assuming it was with the help of hourman at that point

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slimj87d
@SPM1M: Okay. Well if he recreated a planet with all of its life then that would put him at or above a sky-fathers level. That is a pretty high end feat.  

But if he needed help to do it, or had to create some devices to manipulate his powers into doing so then that would put him below a sky-father. 
SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SPM1M

@SlimJ87D: i would place him above skyfahter level since it was later shown that he could have saved an entire universe from a dimensional collapse, i mean that alone shows he is very powerful although he needed time to actually do it

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By vuviper

@SPM1M: Thanks for the informative post

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SPM1M

@vuviper: thanks im surprised alot of ppl dont know much about this guy a thought he was hot stuff

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By slimj87d
@SPM1M said:

@SlimJ87D: i would place him above skyfahter level since it was later shown that he could have saved an entire universe from a dimensional collapse, i mean that alone shows he is very powerful although he needed time to actually do it

That's hard for you and I to understand. What did he do exactly to stop the collapse? It's not like Parallax destroying the universe and then resetting it. Did he just repair a crack or potential rift that would have caused a chain reaction or expanded in power? 

Example, I stop a building from falling because I repaired a pillar.  
vs 
I repaired a building after it exploded by willing it back together. 

What was the feat exactly? Scans would be great. Thanks for the other scans as well. 
SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SPM1M

@SlimJ87D: sorry i worded my comment wrong he could have stopped it if he had more time but all he managed to do was save the atom he didnt stop anything sorry if i got ur hopes up

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Onemoreposter

@SlimJ87D said:

@Onemoreposter said:

That is debatable (See note 1) because Kyle was capable of restoring the corps back to what it was and recreate the Guardians of the Universe with male and female gender.

Note 1:
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/parallax-vs-the-ion/5878/
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/kyle-rayner-ion-vs-hal-jordan-parallax/390002/
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/kyle-rayner-ion-vs-hal-jordan-parallax/548267/ Feel free to express your opinion and debate against the 100s of post that may or may not disagree with your statement.

I think I'll do just that.

Parallax Hal created an entropy wave and sent it through time. Effectively destroying the entire universe many times over.

(not the greatest scan of what I'm referring to, but anyone who's read the series or pulls up a summary online can confirm what I'm saying)

While Kyle sacrificed his power to restart the CORPS and restore the guardians and the CPB, Parallax was able to create vast amounts of celestial bodies and life forms as seen here. (I believe the location is the void left where the universe was after Hal destroyed it infinitely over back to the beginning of time, wish I had my issues in front of me :(

He even implies his power goes so far as to creating multiple universes. (though i realize implication doesn't count as a feat)

He is only defeated after he himself defeats most of the heroes (including the spectre) and has expended vast amounts of energy destroying the universe (again, an infinite amount of times over) and beginning it's reconstruction.

When he returns in Final Night, not only does he have enough power to restart the sun, but obviously vast quantities of energy on top of that which would later be the basis of HOG Ion's power.

I really don't see how HOG Kyle, as powerful as he was, can even compare.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By slimj87d

@Onemoreposter: Cool post, I didn't read that story line just have seen all the scans of his feats plus I read a detailed synopsis but I have read the HOG Ion appearance. You should repost that into the thread I posted up and see what others think. Census here say that Kyle HOG are stronger. I put them at the same level simply because Kyle recreated the source of Hal's power like I said. Kyle was told of his potential and what he could do, he had the same energies equaling that of Hal's. In my eyes just because he chose not to abuse that power like Hal doesn't necessarily mean he is weaker.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Onemoreposter

@SlimJ87D:Thanks. I thought about posting that in the other threads but they're all over a year old. I booked marked my post though so I have easy access to the scans when Parallax vs Ion comes up again.

Usually it seems to go by feats around here when it comes down to who's stronger/more powerful than who. Parallax has better feats. The consensus might be that HOG Kyle is stronger but that does really mean much.

Also Hal's Parallax powers were > the sum of the CPB. In the first scan above Hal states he absorbed some of the anomalous Anti-Monitor power left over in the time stream from COIE. He also mentions that he's in control of "chronal energies" which are helping him complete his feats. I'm not sure if he obtained these after absorbing the Anti-Monitors left over power or through his travels in the time stream, but powers of and related to the manipulation of time (chronal) are not granted by the CPB, at least not in the post COIE DCU.

If Kyle's HOG powers were equal to Hal's powers as Parallax, they shouldn't have been spent after restoring the CPB and resurrecting a handful of Maltusians IMO.

@SPM1M: Heh, just got your name.

Furyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Furyman
http://superman.wikia.com/wiki/Superman_Prime
KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've read that article, and a lot of people have said that those things aren't actually true, or something along those lines.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By termiteone4ever

IMO he is just that powerful. Example KAL Friggin Kent . He bestowed powers upon KAL Kent this Man is unbeatable not even Time can stop this fool. His powers Clearly Tran sends time and space so For sure its Above Mere Sky Father level. Odin would a dead man here. Magic is useless here even to Kal Kent. I dont know how to Gage his powers all i can say its up there.

KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ah. good point. So is he above Odinforce Thor?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By slimj87d
@Onemoreposter: Okay, I had some time to read up and dig up some more.  

ZH Hal < Ion HOG < Parallax Hal 

People here usually denote the difference between Pre-ZH Parallax Hal (during the beginning of Kyle's career as the last green lantern)  and Hal during Zero Hour because like you said Zero Hour Hal absorbed even more energies from COIE Anti-Monitor, etc, putting him at a different level. Those topics I posted up before was using Pre-ZH Parallax Hal and not necessarily ZH Hal. 

Ion HOG therefore not only absorbed the CPB, Ion and the Guardians of the Universe but possibly a little more due to what was left over from those energies (this is not proven so take it as my opinion and not a fact). 
KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what does that have to do with Golden Superman Prime?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By slimj87d
@KalTheHokage_2007 said:

what does that have to do with Golden Superman Prime?

You asked how powerful Golden Superman is, we are discussing and gauging it by comparing his feats to others. DUH!
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By majestic99

@SlimJ87D said:

@CitizenBane said:

Do you know which powers he gained from his travels? Or did they leave that pretty vague? Overall, he don't recall him gaining powers to warp reality or control over time, etc which puts him below a lot of other people that can unless if he actually could.

It just stated "his powers had grown to infinite levels, presumably incalculable, and became immune to all his weaknesses"(kryptonite, magic, red sun radiation, and psionics).

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By slimj87d
@majestic99: Well... that's even more vague than I expected actually... Lol.
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By majestic99

@SlimJ87D:

We don't really KNOW his "power level." We could say he's omnipotent, but that's only guessing.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By slimj87d
@majestic99 said:

@SlimJ87D:

We don't really KNOW his "power level." We could say he's omnipotent, but that's only guessing.

Well someone said he needed help recreating Krypton, he couldn't do it directly. So that would put him below Odin who created Asgard with his brothers out of thin air. He also absorbed all his brothers powers as well from my memory. 
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pretty much what SPM1M said. I'd like to add that when he emerged "ten billion thinking suns" acknowledged him as the greatest champion, keep in mind that would put him above the 5th dimensional Superman, Hourman with the Worlogog, 8th dimensional Octus, and 12th dimensional Creeper. Kyle Rayner, who has fought extremely powerful enemies himself, says this Superman's power cannot be put into words. Also, notice how Superman Prime says to Atom, "welcome to my universe" and that it exists between realities and at the universal gates. I like to interpret that as though he created this universe as his own.

This is just my interpretation and I admit I can be biased, so don't get pissy if you disagree.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Onemoreposter

@SlimJ87D: Are those less than signs suppose to be greater than signs?

Kyle DID NOT absorb the Guardians. When he recharged the CPB the guardians were restored as well, implying that the two are somehow intrinsically tied to one an other. It's the same way in Emerald Twilight when Hal drained the CPB I don't recall Hal explicitly killing the Guardians, but rather they died with the destruction of the CPB.

Additionally Kyle DID NOT absorb the Ion entity in the original story line. The whole "entities of the corps"(ion, parallax, ect) are retcons. You wouldn't use Superman's post IC retconned origin and power level when referring to him during the Death of Superman storyline would you? Even though both are technically cannon. However, if you want to go with the retconned origin of Ion, we can say that the Ion entity is about on par with the Parallax entity making the boost in power to Hal and Kyle because of the entities a draw.

Also, Kyle only restored the battery's energy, not the planet Oa or the physically battery itself. Both contain vast power in themselves and are implied to tied to the guardians like the power in the battery is. This is shown post-ZH when Parallax attempts to absorb them and Kyle destroys the planet to prevent him. These were restored by Tom "Pie face" Kalmaku during The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan. None of this is really relevant beyond the fact that while the restoration of the energy in the CPB can be solely attributed to Kyle, the resurrection of Guardians was a multi-faceted effort.

Lastly, If Kyle's Ion power was completely drained by simply restoring the CPB energy, how could he possess power greater than the sum of the CPB energy?