How many Kaijus could the movie Avengers defeat?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

(Movie versions) Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk have been advised of a series of Kaijus (Pacific Rim fame) headed towards NYC. The team has one hour of prep time.The team will have an unlimited amount of time to defeat the Kaijus, facing down a single beast at a time. When the monster is beaten they will have one hour of prep time before the next one attacks and so forth. Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow and the rest of SHIELD personnel will provide ground support and evacuation support. The attacking team will not have this as their priority and can focus on the monsters as they attack.

How many of the beasts can they defeat? Discuss, argue and enlighten us!

Cheers- Jake Fury.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

It would be hard for them to beat 1.

Their only real chance is Tony's prep, hoping he can invent a Kaiju busting weapon.

None of them have showing anything close to the power needed to bring a Kaiju down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By green_skaar

I haven't seen Pacific Rim, but it's my impressions the Kaijus are giant mechs? If so they must have electronic parts which makes me wonder if Thor's lightning would fry their circuits? Just a thought.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury: I don't know. Thor's best destructive feat was the lightning storm he summoned, but wiping out cannon-fodder Chitauri isn't a good measuring stick.

Forcing 2 Leviathens back through the portal is ok I guess. But Kaiju were easily 3-5 times bigger. Maybe more.

I just don't see any feats from the Avengers as of yet that could suggest they could bring one down. I'm sure Tony could make something, but 1 hour prep isn't much. Maybe if he had a few days or a week.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen Pacific Rim, but it's my impressions the Kaijus are giant mechs? If so they must have electronic parts which makes me wonder if Thor's lightning would fry their circuits? Just a thought.

The Kaiijus are the giant creatures. There were several different ones.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:

The Kaiijus are the giant creatures. There were several different ones.

Aye, mixing the monsters up with the mechs, as I said haven't seen it! Scratch my remarks!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Yeah, I figured he may have a better chance using it as a projectile rather than using it for energy attacks.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thelocust619

@green_skaar: kaiju is a japanese word for giant monster that originated from Godzilla movies. One of the PR kaiju even had a massively powerful rapid EMP pulse that decimated the Jaegers. Movie iron man as no known resistance. The largest kaiju was 6,000 tons and couldn't be stopped by a nuke. The first one ever took 3. Movie Avengers can't even beat one, they needed a nuke in the first place cuz they don't have that kind of firepower.

Also see pacific rim. Amazing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: No worries, thanks for checking it out anyway. :)

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury: Thor had issues breaking through the (what I assume) was some sort of plexi-glass prison lol. It was see through in any case...so...

His striking feats aren't that great.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By green_skaar

@green_skaar: kaiju is a japanese word for giant monster that originated from Godzilla movies. One of the PR kaiju even had a massively powerful rapid EMP pulse that decimated the Jaegers. Movie iron man as no known resistance. The largest kaiju was 6,000 tons and couldn't be stopped by a nuke. The first one ever took 3. Movie Avengers can't even beat one.

Thanks for clarifying. Not sure the movie Avengers (way weaker than comic Avengers) could even take one from the sounds of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@jake_fury: They never explain a lot of things that annoyed me. The prison supposedly being able to hold Thor. How Hawkeye could locate a stealth hellcarrier (and then breath at 30,000 feet in the air without a mask), why Loki's magic stick had to tap someone on the chest (just for the impudence joke apparently) ...etc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DireDrill

@fallschirmjager:

The Prison was designed to hold the Hulk who is as strong as the Thor. Mjolnir had no problem getting through it once he got his bearings, it was more that Thor just sucks at flying/tactics in tight situations. He is not known for being bright.

Hawkeye located the Helicarrier in the same way that Hawkeye would locate a helicarrier; he used Shield's bureaucracy that he has an intricate knowledge of being a Shield Agent against them. It is completely doable to survive briefly at 30,000 feet without a mask people who climb the Himalayas do so briefly for pictures all the time. He is at least an Olympic level athlete so he should have really good respiration which should allow him to survive much like Captain America does later on.

I would expect that the stick simply transfers energy into the heart and then that energy travels to the brain likely functioning more like an infection. This would explain why it was useless against Iron Man's whose heart was shielded by a massive energy source. I liken it to the same process that Red Lanterns undergo.

What stops Thor from throwing the Hulk into the thing's mouth and letting him kill the Kaiju from the inside?

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say at least 2, as i see it thor and hulk could each take 1.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@diredrill:

• No. Just no. You expect me to believe SHIELD wouldn't take precautions know one of their agents was just compromised? They are secret government agency and that is basic protocall. No. They would wipe everything clean and make sure he couldn't find them. I
  • And no. Humans cannot breath past 30,000 feet without oxygen. No amount of training changes that. Its not within our physiology. Mount Everest peak is 29,000 feet, thats why they can climb it. Any time you parachute over 30,000 feet oxygen is required every time, period.
  • And once again no. It was a magic stick. They only made it tap someone's chest so they could make a joke about it.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shawnbaby

@diredrill:

• No. Just no. You expect me to believe SHIELD wouldn't take precautions know one of their agents was just compromised? They are secret government agency and that is basic protocall. No. They would wipe everything clean and make sure he couldn't find them. I
  • And no. Humans cannot breath past 30,000 feet without oxygen. No amount of training changes that. Its not within our physiology. Mount Everest peak is 29,000 feet, thats why they can climb it. Any time you parachute over 30,000 feet oxygen is required every time, period.
  • And once again no. It was a magic stick. They only made it tap someone's chest so they could make a joke about it.

1) as already mentioned, The prison was designed to hold the Hulk...whom they reckon to be stronger than Asgardians and Frost Giants. Would it have actually held the Hulk? We'll probably never find out now.

2) Hawkeye probably never found the Helicarrier itself. He found Loki. Remember Loki's plan was to get captured and taken to the Helicarrier in order to destroy it and take out Shield and the Avengers in one fell swoop. Your right though...Humans have trouble breathing at 30,000 Feet. But Humans also have an ability to hold their breath... which is what Hawkeye was doing. Peak Humans still need to breath...but tend to be able to hold their breath for longer periods of time.

3) Loki's Spear appears to require close proximity to affect people...the closer the proximity...the stronger the effect. You can see it was affecting Banner and the rest just by being near them....but it seems to require actual physical contact in order to brainwash the victim.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:

You can change your procedures all you want but people who know your entire system inside and out will find a way especially when they have support from all the agencies that are seeking to take down Shield. You'll note that not only was the transport craft he was using expected by the Helicarrier but so were the supplies it was suggesting to find. This is just you expecting Shield to be the omnipotent secret government agency that the movie takes great pains to show as very much so human and as such prone to error.

You are banking a lot on the fact that Fury, the man of secrets was not lying about their current altitude to attempt to scare Loki. This is a man who spends most of his days lying to people and you expect him to not be lying here? Remember, in that scene he opens and aperture the size of that cage in the hull which would have forced the pressure in that room to equalize in moments at 30,000 feet yet he felt none of the effects of the depressurization. Fury was lying plain and simple as a gambit to scare Loki. His whole strategy throughout the entire invasion was to specifically scare the crap out of anyone who would attempt to attack Earth. The Helicarrier wasn't as high as suggested which allowed everything happen as seen.

It was not a magic stick, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has gone to great pains to suggest that everything that Thor and the like wield is actually some form of technology. Tech has rules, this one requires the use of the heart to achieve its goal.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

1. I wasn't even talking about that with my first comment.
  2. No. He wasn't holding his breath. Its a plot hole plain and simple.
  3. Again. The explanation is its a magic stick and they expect you to be satifised with that. There's nothing more to it.

@diredrill:

1. You think field agents know everything there is to know about their organization? K. We don't even know that Hawkeye knew about the Hellicarrier before hand. And I'm not expecting ominpotence. I'm just expecting competence.
  2. Fury didn't say anything about their elevation. Black Widow told Cap and Bruce they needed to come instead because you can't breath at 30,000 feet. But yeah, she was lying for no reason.
  3. It was a magic stick. They spend 0 time explaining the mechanics of it. And they haven't explained anything about how Thor's "tech works". Loki even askes Thor how much dark magic Odin had to use to send him to Earth. Magic = get out of jail free card.

Anyway, I tire of this argument and its derailing the thread so this will be my last response.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

1. I wasn't even talking about that with my first comment.
  2. No. He wasn't holding his breath. Its a plot hole plain and simple.
  3. Again. The explanation is its a magic stick and they expect you to be satifised with that. There's nothing more to it.

@diredrill:

1. You think field agents know everything there is to know about their organization? K. We don't even know that Hawkeye knew about the Hellicarrier before hand. And I'm not expecting ominpotence. I'm just expecting competence.
  2. Fury didn't say anything about their elevation. Black Widow told Cap and Bruce they needed to come instead because you can't breath at 30,000 feet. But yeah, she was lying for no reason.
  3. It was a magic stick. They spend 0 time explaining the mechanics of it. And they haven't explained anything about how Thor's "tech works". Loki even askes Thor how much dark magic Odin had to use to send him to Earth. Magic = get out of jail free card.

Anyway, I tire of this argument and its derailing the thread so this will be my last response.

Yes, He was holding his breath. He was communicating with his team with only hand gestures while they were outside of the Helicarrier. It's not a Plot Hole.

Fury actually does mention elevation...he tells Loki what will happen if he tries to break out.

How many times in movies do they explain every single detail about how things work? Do you know how long and boring a movie it would be if they did that? It's a stick that controls minds...that's all the relevant information we need.

If these three things are the biggest problems you can find with The Avengers movies...I'd say you got off lucky. The Dark Knight Trilogy has way bigger Plot Holes than anything you've mentioned here.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@shawnbaby: I lied, its not my last response

• Waving your hand around doesn't mean you hold your breath.
  • So two characters mentioned elevation? Good, double confirmation of it, means no one was lying.
  • They don't, but to introduce a plot device only for the sake of a joke is weak

I never said these were the only problems I had with the movies. This thread isn't "What didn't you like about the Avengers". You guys just came in here to defend the movie based on a couple comments I made.

And this thread isn't about TDK. I think its hilarious you brought it up though when no one had mentioned anything about it. To assume I have no issues with that movie just because I have issues with Avengers is illogical. This isn't a Marvel vs DC or Movie vs Movie thread.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shawnbaby

@shawnbaby: I lied, its not my last response

• Waving your hand around doesn't mean you hold your breath.
  • So two characters mentioned elevation? Good, double confirmation of it, means no one was lying.
  • They don't, but to introduce a plot device only for the sake of a joke is weak

I never said these were the only problems I had with the movies. This thread isn't "What didn't you like about the Avengers". You guys just came in here to defend the movie based on a couple comments I made.

And this thread isn't about TDK. I think its hilarious you brought it up though when no one had mentioned anything about it. To assume I have no issues with that movie just because I have issues with Avengers is illogical. This isn't a Marvel vs DC or Movie vs Movie thread.

1) He's not doing anything to show that he isn't holding his breath...and he isn't exposed out there for long enough for lack of oxygen to be a problem.

2) The joke was a byproduct...not the whole reason for the need for physical contact. The physical contact is something of a plot device though...if it didn't require the physical contact Loki could have just brainwashed everyone immediately upon showing up to take the tesseract.

3) Never did I say that you wouldn't have problems with The Dark Knight Trilogy. More of the opposite really. All I was suggesting is that if these very minor issues with the Avengers are enough to get you complaining...then watching the Dark Knight Trilogy must be torture. You're right though...this thread doesn't have anything to do with TDK.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@shawnbaby:

• And yet, his entire strike team are all wearing masks. I guess Hawkeye just doesn't breath cause he's cool.
  • I see no other reason to tap someone on the heart specifically other than to make a joke when it fails with Tony. They explain nothing about the magic stick, other than its a magic stick. Which is my problem with it.
  • No you attempted to do what everyone does what they say they have problems with something - assume they like the opposite of said something and try to attack that - especially in the context of this website when everything comes back to Marvel vs DC. And you're clearly on the Marvel side of things.

This thread doesn't have anything to do with plot holes in the Avengers either, and yet because of a couple comments, people to decide they must rush to its defense because its apparently in need of defending. And me being a sucker for a good debate can't stop posting despite knowing I should have a long time ago.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DireDrill

@fallschirmjager:

The Store I currently work at willfully violates the fire code to make selling stuff easier. I have been there for 3 months and I am only an associate. I have gathered more than enough information to practically shut them down or rob them blind. Do I think that their top field agent would be able to do as I suggested? Yes, I do. My point stands.

Black Widow never said anything about their elevation, she simply said that it would become more difficult for them to breathe. Given that one of them turns into an unstoppable monster upon being exposed to trauma that is a problem she would seek to remedy. You can read it here right in the script. The only person who mentions their altitude is Fury. My point stands.

How does the Arc Reactor work? How does a Repulsor work? How does the Super Soldier Serum work? Do you have any explanation on these? Nope, we can postulate how they worked based on their effects but unless someone comes out and explains it, we will never have true proof. Also, Loki says Dark Energy not Dark Magic. Dark Energy is a hypothetical energy that some scientist have theorized exists. Again, you may read it in the script above. My point stands.

Guess you need to watch it again before making such false statements.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: the most destructive feat of thor was break the city of the frost giants in jotunheim... jeje

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Chibi_cute

@obtrusive:

@green_skaar said:

This is how brutal and durable pacific rim kaijus are. The avengers have little or chance to even defeat 1 kaiju at all let alone 2.

Loading Video...

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, considering on the pacific rim comic they state kaijus need multiple nukes to be killed, and the kinetic striking force of the Jaegers was alot higher than anything the avengers ever dished out......

Nope.Not even one class 1, let's not talk about class 4 that have special abilities and are incredibly agile.

Avatar image for supersaiyan_danger
Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely no Kaiju.. In fact a couple of them could probably destroy Marvel's Cinematic Universe tbh.

Avatar image for supersaiyan_danger
Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: Gipsy Danger resited the EMP, she's an "analog" Jaegar as they call it.

Avatar image for hulk_post_absolute_power
hulk_post_absolute_power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They destroy a lot and hulk and thor could go for ages

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Black Widow is their best bet. I think she could take down at least 6 of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: kaiju is a japanese word for giant monster that originated from Godzilla movies.

Actually Kaiju just means monster or strange beast, but over the years it's become associated with giant monsters in particular.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By isaac_clarke

Considering the Kaiju stand little chance of tagging Tony, Thor or potentially the Hulk - and that people can actually go inside them - there is a good chance either attacking them from the inside will kill them or repeated lightning bolts from Thor - since he can spam them and that will probably kill them.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Black Widow is their best bet. I think she could take down at least 6 of them.

LOL she could seduce them of course.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Black widow solos

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People were surprised when the kaiju busted through the super wall, i think thor and hulk could bust down that wall a bit faster.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rogueshadow  Moderator

About 600000.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a serious note avengers gets steamrolled it's not even funny.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By zr0c00l

How many?

Over 9000!!!!!!!!