#1 Posted by Captain13 (3281 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight Takes Place on Oa, on which every single Green Lantern in the universe is distributed evenly across the planet at the start of the fight. The exception is Mogo, who is orbiting close by.

BFR allowed.

Superman, Flash, and Cyborg have morals off, are bloodlusted, and have perfect team work.

No one is bonded to Ion. The Lanterns only have Green Lantern abilities.

No prep for either side.

VS

#2 Posted by Captain13 (3281 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#3 Posted by Immortal777 (6977 posts) - - Show Bio

Judging from how effortlessly Superman was breaking through Hal's constructs when they first met while Superman's powers where still developing the team could take out a decent amount.

#4 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering most of them are no-named feat less Lanterns - you could argue all of them.

#5 Posted by ShiZZmAhh (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Judging from how effortlessly Superman was breaking through Hal's constructs when they first met while Superman's powers where still developing the team could take out a decent amount.

Agreed.

#6 Edited by TheTruthNerds (244 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them....

With Cyborg in the back ground prepping new strategies and Superman smashing heads of GL's they win. Flash can use Speed Force too take out a big number of them. Can flash phase through the GL's Will power energy? Anyway they win easily after a few days of fighting them.

#7 Posted by russellmania77 (14624 posts) - - Show Bio

all of em

#8 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate.

#9 Edited by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio

80 percent of them...

Superman seemed to be able to easily handle Green Lantern Hal Jordan and his Constructs... I don't know if any other GL could do much better... so the DC Team would be tearing through the GL's constructs like toilet paper.

#10 Edited by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

people are underestimating green lanters by way too much. superman can smash through constructs but there are hundreds of lanterns all working together. flash is not shattering constructs and he cant dodge all those lanterns different types of constructs. i say they last an hour or two. supes dies ladt then flash then cyborg first. supes might not die but he would be subdued. Plus mogo is there

#11 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

depends on the Green Lanterns in question. This could go a number of different ways this is almost to open ended a thread

#12 Posted by dondave (34674 posts) - - Show Bio

Not alot

#13 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodlusted Flash could possibly solo all 3600, if they start on the ground. He's shown that he knows the frequency to explode things by vibrating through them, and I don't know of any reason to believe the GL constructs could block phasing. Running through them at ~lightspeed, Barry can take down pretty much all of them.

#14 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse: Flash outran freakin death and can achieve any speed he wants. A bloodlusted flash can take down all the lanterns like esquire said.

#15 Posted by Dredeuced (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse: Flash outran freakin death and can achieve any speed he wants. A bloodlusted flash can take down all the lanterns like esquire said.

Different Flash. Though Barry seems capable of recreating a few of Wally's more notable moves (atomize someone by phasing through them).

#16 Posted by Dredeuced (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire said:

Bloodlusted Flash could possibly solo all 3600, if they start on the ground. He's shown that he knows the frequency to explode things by vibrating through them, and I don't know of any reason to believe the GL constructs could block phasing. Running through them at ~lightspeed, Barry can take down pretty much all of them.

You know if Clark_El had ever kept his tourney going this was going to be my strategy. Flash #19 even confirmed he knows how to do it.

#17 Posted by schillenger420 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

A blood-lusted flash and superman working as a team will take down all the green lanterns. Flash could probably solo since there's this neat time dilation effect that happens when you go lightspeed where time essentially stops for everything BUT you. Depending on how long it takes him to reach Light Speed..... it would basically look like all the Lanterns just instantly died/blew up/ or were kio'd/bfr in some kind of fashion. For the Lanterns to do anything they need time to think. Deprive them of that time and they're dead. If Superman can go lightspeed he does essentially the same thing, only with all the physical stats that go along with Superman. The Lanterns are screwed.

#18 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire said:

You know if Clark_El had ever kept his tourney going this was going to be my strategy. Flash #19 even confirmed he knows how to do it.

Yeah, I was going to steal the scans you used, but I ended up not bothering. :P

#19 Posted by New_World_Order (12610 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire said:

Flash, why you no lose?

#20 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by spiderbuck (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. So the answer to this thread is really, "Flash solos" .... THE ENTIRE GL?

@esquire said:

@dredeuced said:

@esquire said:

Yeah, I was going to steal the scans you used, but I ended up not bothering. :P

Ahhww, be a pal why doncha

#22 Posted by New_World_Order (12610 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck: Do you have a counterargument besides incredulity? I could be missing something here, it's happened before. But the way I see it, the possible issues for Flash are a) GL autoshields have shown anti-phasing properties and I just don't know it, and b) since they're so spaced out, some of the GL's will be able to fly out of sight before Flash can get to them all. With a lack of totally quantifiable speed feats for New-52 Barry, I can't dismiss the latter as a possibility. And since the former assumes that I don't have the knowledge, I can naturally not totally dismiss it, either.

Anyway, on to the scans:

How can Barry efficiently kill so many Green Lanterns?

In the following pair of scans, Barry phases through the street. The street explodes. Barry acknowledges that he knows what frequency he used to achieve the effect. Since he's bloodlusted, he won't hesitate to use it offensively, which means he can run right through GLs and make them explode without slowing his pace.

But would Flash think to use such a tactic?

Yes. One of New-52 Barry's powers is the Speed Mind, which allows him to come up with a staggering number of plans almost instantly. So he can easily come up with such a strategy and still have plenty of time to implement it.

But even if he's running at lightspeed, some of the Lanterns are going to be able to get off the ground. And Barry can't fly, here's proof!

But Barry doesn't have to touch his enemies to be effective, actually. Once he gets to the GLs that have had time to fly, he'll employ a different tactic, Speed-Force Containment. As shown against Gorilla Grodd, he can send anything he wants into the Speed Force without needing to touch it. So he'll simply send those Lanterns into the Speed Force, where he can deal with them later.

He can then use the same phasing tactic to kill the GLs once they're trapped, because Barry becomes even more powerful when he enters the Speed-Force.

But would Barry think to use--

Speed Mind. We've been over that, Phantom Questioner.

So the only question left is "how fast exactly is Barry? Fast enough?"

Well, I'm not completely sure. His best feats are probably outrunning Darkseid's Omega Beams, (which New-52 Superman, who is confirmed to be massively Faster than Light, could not do), and having a conversation and adventure with Captain Atom in the space of microseconds. Is he fast enough? I really can't tell you. Some of the Lanterns have better reaction speed than others, so if they get put on the other side of the planet they might be able to get away. I can't guarantee that Barry will solo, but he can take down a vast majority of the Corps-members, unless I'm missing something significant.

Credit to @dredeuced for the scans.

#24 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Most, if not all, of the rookies will die. But the more experienced one and Guardians should be able to overwhelm them.

#25 Edited by spiderbuck (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: Nope. Incredulity is all I've got. I agree they can take out a good number of members, and it's kind of a number that can't really be quantified as it's all based on speculation, I guess my next question would be Who would have the most number of GL kills between let's say Parallax, SBP and the trio listed.

I personally believe it would be 1) SBP 2) Parallax 3) trio listed, because while Flash might be able to peel off a number of GLs before they get off the ground, he's unable to take the fight into space like SBP and Px were able to.

#26 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck: If it's the Zero Hour Parallax who remade the entire universe, then he effortlessly solos. If it's the SCW era Parallax, he's getting taken down without all that much trouble.

SBP has done pretty well against GLs in the past, although he's never actually taken the full brunt of the Corps at the same time. Sodam Yat was able to give him a good fight while pretty much ignoring his Ion powers, so toss in some of the other top-tier GLs, especially those with enhanced physicals like Kilowog, and I could see Prime getting taken down. But on the other hand, a Guardian thought it was worth sacrificing himself to take Prime out of the fight, although I can't remember if he was going to die anyway or not. Still, Prime's durability will put him in good stead here.

EDIT: Just saw that the OP says "only Green Lantern abilities." Assuming this means no Daxamite abilities and the like, then SBP probably clears.

As far as the trio is concerned, Flash can take down an awful lot of them, as I've explained above. Superman was effortlessly smashing Hal's constructs, and Hal is better than pretty much every other Lantern which doesn't bode well for the Corps. Cyborg can maybe use boomtubes to limit the amount of GLs attacking Superman at once or something like that, I guess. He's not a big factor.

If Superman keeps the fight close to the ground where Flash can Speed Force dump GLs, then the trio can conceivably clear.

I guess I don't see space combat as an issue, since the Lanterns are in-character. Nobody's destroying Oa in this scenario, so if Supes stick close to the ground, the GLs are going to have to come and get him. With Boomtubes and Superman's speed and durability to ward off any attempts at long-range combat, what other choice do they have?

So initial updated thoughts would be something like ZH Parallax > SBP >= Trio > SCW Parallax

#27 Posted by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

Them all. Did you see what Prime did to them solo. If Clark was on that same tip and had The Flash on his side. Game over.

#28 Edited by spiderbuck (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire said:

@spiderbuck: If it's the Zero Hour Parallax who remade the entire universe, then he effortlessly solos. If it's the SCW era Parallax, he's getting taken down without all that much trouble.

SBP has done pretty well against GLs in the past, although he's never actually taken the full brunt of the Corps at the same time. Sodam Yat was able to give him a good fight while pretty much ignoring his Ion powers, so toss in some of the other top-tier GLs, especially those with enhanced physicals like Kilowog, and I could see Prime getting taken down. But on the other hand, a Guardian thought it was worth sacrificing himself to take Prime out of the fight, although I can't remember if he was going to die anyway or not. Still, Prime's durability will put him in good stead here.

EDIT: Just saw that the OP says "only Green Lantern abilities." Assuming this means no Daxamite abilities and the like, then SBP probably clears.

As far as the trio is concerned, Flash can take down an awful lot of them, as I've explained above. Superman was effortlessly smashing Hal's constructs, and Hal is better than pretty much every other Lantern which doesn't bode well for the Corps. Cyborg can maybe use boomtubes to limit the amount of GLs attacking Superman at once or something like that, I guess. He's not a big factor.

If Superman keeps the fight close to the ground where Flash can Speed Force dump GLs, then the trio can conceivably clear.

I guess I don't see space combat as an issue, since the Lanterns are in-character. Nobody's destroying Oa in this scenario, so if Supes stick close to the ground, the GLs are going to have to come and get him. With Boomtubes and Superman's speed and durability to ward off any attempts at long-range combat, what other choice do they have?

So initial updated thoughts would be something like ZH Parallax > SBP >= Trio > SCW Parallax

Fair enough. But with Mogo in the mix, couldn't he potentially make this a more even fight? He/she decimated an entire legion of Third Army goons and survived being blown to bits.

#29 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck: He's the biggest reason I'm hesitant about the trio taking it. New-52 Supes' strength is ridiculous, but he doesn't really have any showings of planet-busting striking power. Cyborg won't be able to hurt Mogo at all, either. I suppose Supes could fly Flash into Mogo at fast enough that Barry wouldn't have to survive more than a second in the rigors of space, and then he could phase through Mogo's core and destroy him like the blink bomb did. But that's kind of stretching things, I'll admit.

EDIT: Although Supes was shaking the Earth with his punches during H'el on Earth, and the narrative said they were strong enough to destroy mountains. So maybe he can beat Mogo down physically when he's bloodlusted.

#30 Edited by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Yes, but Barry is just as fast is Wally. So he can do pretty much anything what wally can do.

#31 Posted by Dredeuced (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@epicbeast3000: No he isn't. Barry has never even come close to Wally's speed feats.

Like, not even a millionth of his speed. Barry's a little FTL after Final Crisis. Wally has a dozen massively FTL feats.

#32 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: I have heard they are both same, Barry is said to be the source of the speed force and stuff, but then again I could be wrong. I am not an expert on Barry.

#33 Posted by Dredeuced (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

@epicbeast3000: The "Barry created the Speed Force" retcon happened long after every single Wally feat. When Wally was performing his feats the Speed Force was just an extradimensional energy source that controlled time and kinetic energy. It makes absolutely no sense in context with the rest of the Flash run and that's why they did away with it a couple of years later when the New 52 happened.

Barry potentially was faster than everyone when he came back because of that retcon, but he has never even shown a slight inkling of the speed Wally has.

#34 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

bump