• 152 results
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: You need a more vivid explanation from me?

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By deadpoolrules

@jobiwankenobi said:

@deadpoolrules: Sweet our partnership is now official.

okay,partner

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By sandiego008

Going with the charming ladies man ... PUCK!!

No Caption Provided
Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Typhion

How's about professor x??? ;)

If not, then are Beast or Lady Shiva taken/against the rules?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Floopay

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

(I'm not sure if this counts as a battle so if it isn't, then can a mod please move it to the correct Forum Board?)

The purpose of this game is to pit a character in these scenario's and people will discuss how long the person would last. (I will provide checkpoints)

Rules :

• Street Levelers and below only. (the lower the level the more epic it is)
  • Explain why your character would last a certain time against the enemy, and the specified numbers.
  • Characters with healing factors are not allowed. (unless you remove the healing factor)
  • Weapons and equipment is already stated in the specific scenario.
  • No prep time at all. Consider all of these an ambush. (and some an ambush from another time)
  • You can pair up with another competitor for Scenario 3 and 5.

(Example Only. You can still use Rorschach)

My Character : Rorschach

Checkpoints

Checkpoint 1 : 5 minutes (Wow, your character fails...)

Checkpoint 2 : 20 minutes

Checkpoint 3 : 30 minutes

Checkpoint 4 : 1 hour

Checkpoint 5 : 1 hour and 30 minutes (Halfway there! Better luck next time!)

Checkpoint 6 : 2 hours

Checkpoint 7 : 3 hours

Checkpoint 8 : 5 hours

Checkpoint 9 : 10 hours

Checkpoint 10 : 24 hours (you have won!!!)

Scenario 1

• The Enemy : Infinite amount of thugs with baseball bats, crow-bars, steel pipes, and other street weapons rushing at your character.
  • The Setting : Abandoned neighborhood with only you and the infinite thugs. Small places to move, but lots of places to go.
  • The Equipment : Katana sword, Desert Eagle(2 clips), and Throwing Knives(5). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options :You can modify your weapons in this scenario, but nothing can be stronger than a grenade launcher.

Scenario 2

• The Enemy : Infinite Spartans(from 300) rushing at you with shields at swords/spears, and rushing at your character.
  • The Setting : Desert with distant mountains far away. Plenty of space to move, but nowhere else to go and you are in the open. (no hiding places, etc.)
  • The Equipment: M1 Garand Carbine(10 clips), Short Sword, 2 Frag Grenades, Brass Knuckles. Standard iron helmet and chestplate.
  • Special Options : None. This is going to be a tough one.

Scenario 3

• The Enemy : Infinite Mafia gangsters armed with Tommy Machine Guns and Pistols and are in various areas surrounding you.
  • The Setting : Huge, but abandoned factory. (about the size of 2 football fields) Hooks and chains are found in the factory for improvising. (if needed)
  • The Equipment : M16 Rifle (20 clips), 5 grenades, and Dual Desert Eagles(5 clips per gun). Chest Kevlar.
  • Special Options : The hooks and chains around the factory for improvising. There is also a room with an iron door for a last stand.

Scenario 4

• The Enemy : 200 Specially trained, super deadly ninjas with Katanas, Throwing Knives, and Smoke Bombs. (bulletspeed reactions/reflexes)
  • The Setting : A huge balancing platform the size a football field. The flat, square platform is 5,000 feet in the air, so if you fall you will die.
  • The Equipment : Glock Pistol(20 clips), Dual Katanas, and small shield. Standard ninja uniform.
  • Special Options : For each 10 ninjas you kill, 1 will be revived to fight on your side.

Scenario 5

• The Enemy : Infinite amounts of thugs, 300 Spartans, and 100 specially trained ninjas. (w/ all equipment previously stated)
  • The Setting : Small, abandoned town. Houses are spread apart by one kilometer, and in between are crops.
  • The Equipment : Grenade Launcher(10 bullets), Dual Katanas, M16 Rifle(20 clips), and Desert Eagle(5 clips). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options : You can call in the help of one street leveler in the same comic series as your character.

Special Achievements!

"Fine Like This" - Do not use any Special Options at all.

Unneeded Difficulties - Use a character below Street Level.

Survivor - Survive 24 hours on each Scenario.

No Extra Help - Don't use help from another competitor.

Ultimate Badass - Survive 24 hours on each scenario with a character below street level and not using Special Options and help from competitor.

People Who Have Won :

Still empty :P

My Character: Tomi Shishido (The Gorgon), he loses his healing factor as the rules stated

Scenario 1:

No special equipment, and I don't need it. Gorgon turns anyone to stone who makes direct eye contact with him. Additionally, he uses his telepathy to "see" things in a 360 degree angle (cannot turn others to stone with this, it just ups my defenses and parrying abilities). Add to that the fact that I'm a master swordsman and I should be able to bottleneck them somewhere for a guarenteed win.

I should easily survive 24 hours, he's never displayed much marksmanship, but he is a master samurai, throwing knives should be in his bag of tricks.

Scenario 2:

Finding the high ground is essentially, as well as bottle necking. Spartans use range to their advantage because of their spears, so he should be able to keep them at a distance and stone gaze a few front liners. Now, remember, if I'm bottle necking them and then petrify a few of them, then they have to climb around their team mates in order to have a snowballs chance in hell of defeating me. And Tomi is a master samurai, should easily be able to take them out while they are climbing around statues and completely offguard.

Now you may say bottle necking is not an option, but

Can definitely survive 24 hours in this scenario, the longer the fight goes the more of them get petrified which means the less chance of them being able to get to me.

Scenario 3:

I assume extra competitor means I get one bonus character, so I'm going with:

Bonus Character: Captain America

Captain will get all the gear. However, Tomi will use chains and hooks, I happen to know for a fact that they are detachable, so he can take them down and use them for improvised weaponry. Again, stone gaze will be a huge benefit to this one. Again the longer this fight goes on, the more statues there will be, and the more cover my team will have, and the less likely the opposing team will be at charging me! Both characters are bullet timers, and Captain America should be pretty unstoppable here. I could easily work my way back to the last stand room if need be, but I definitely can make it through the 24 hour time period for this one.

Scenario 4:

Tomi is pretty much designed for this fight. Easily above them in terms of speed and training. He is a bullet timer+ all around, and he's got the stone gaze. I don't even need the bonus ninjas. I think Tomi could take 200 of them on his own with the dual katanas. 200 will be rough, but I think he can do it in less than 24 hours.

Scenario 5:

Support Character: Nightcrawler

Being against all melee, I only need the dual katanas. With Nightcrawler in the crops, the Spartans will disappear one by one and be dropped from high in the air one at a time. Ninjas and Thugs can be handled by Tomi using the same tactic I've been using this whole time. Stone gaze will totally win this for me, especially against all melee. Finally you add in Nightcrawler's teleporting and BAM, instant win!

Special Achievements:

Survivor

I'll go for all the achievements later.

What does below street leveler mean? Because Gorgon is about Wolverine level, are you talking like Punisher/Batman level?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

Wolverine

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Floopay: You misunderstood some of the rules. If you acknowledge that and fix that you will clear.

@EVILRYUX2fold: Accepted. Do you want adamantium claws or bone claws? (the harder it is the more epic it is)

@Typhion: Professor X is too powerful. Lady Shiva or Beast is okay. Pick one.

@sandiego008: That's good. You're in.

@nickzambuto: You win. Congratulations to the first winner!

SuperPrime1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SuperPrime1M

Since when can street levelers defeat 300 spartans, 100 ninja and infinite thugs. WTF is this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SuperPrime1M said:

Since when can street levelers defeat 300 spartans, 100 ninja and infinite thugs. WTF is this.

It is a contest of who can last the longest. However, some characters who are street level could clear this. You also do not have to defeat them, merely survive for 24 hours. (you could hide the entire time, just survive)

@Lady_Liberty: Forgot to reply to this. Cassandra Cain is good.

@god_spawn said:

No Caption Provided

I'd consider diamond formed Frost a street leveler due to her overall stat level which should fit in a street level category, save for durability. Her strength is hardly a 2 tonner, her speed agility and reflexes aren't that enhanced at all. So her overall level in this form should fit it if people consider Wolverine a street even with healing and ady.

Scenario 1
  • The Enemy :
  • Infinite amount of thugs with baseball bats, crow-bars, steel pipes, and other street weapons rushing at your character.
  • The Setting :
  • Abandoned neighborhood with only you and the infinite thugs. Small places to move, but lots of places to go.
  • The Equipment
  • : Katana sword, Desert Eagle(2 clips), and Throwing Knives(5). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options
  • :You can modify your weapons in this scenario, but nothing can be stronger than a grenade launcher.

Emma's durability and limitless stamina should carry her to win. Between her strength, skill that is high enough to lay plenty of ballshots on some of the fodder thugs with weapons that won't even scratch her, she can do this round easily.

Scenario 2
  • The Enemy :
  • Infinite Spartans(from 300) rushing at you with shields at swords/spears, and rushing at your character.
  • The Setting :
  • Desert with distant mountains far away. Plenty of space to move, but nowhere else to go and you are in the open. (no hiding places, etc.)
  • The Equipment
  • : M1 Garand Carbine(10 clips), Short Sword, 2 Frag Grenades, Brass Knuckles. Standard iron helmet and chestplate.
  • Special Options
  • : None. This is going to be a tough one

Same as the first one, though Emma takes out less people. She will probably get overwhelmed here but their weapons aren't sharp enough to cut her and her durability is still too high. She can last the 24 hours on her durability alone.

Scenario 3
  • The Enemy :
  • Infinite Mafia gangsters armed with Tommy Machine Guns and Pistols and are in various areas surrounding you.
  • The Setting :
  • Huge, but abandoned factory. (about the size of 2 football fields) Hooks and chains are found in the factory for improvising. (if needed)
  • The Equipment :
  • M16 Rifle (20 clips), 5 grenades, and Dual Desert Eagles(5 clips per gun). Chest Kevlar.
  • Special Options :
  • The hooks and chains around the factory for improvising. There is also a room with an iron door for a last stand.

This round is easier than the second for me. Emma is bulletproof.

The only way the bullets would be a bother is if they were like the diamond bullet and the mob knew her shatterpoint which they don't so she should be perfectly fine. She was fine with charging in against WWH and soaking his hits in this form, but just was too weak to produce damage. I see no reason she can't just put her back to a wall and soak all the bullets then or, run in and start taking them out. She should be able to KO any one of them in a single hit considering how fodder is treated.

Scenario 4
  • The Enemy :
  • 200 Specially trained, super deadly ninjas with Katanas, Throwing Knives, and Smoke Bombs. (bulletspeed reactions/reflexes)
  • The Setting :
  • A huge balancing platform the size a football field. The flat, square platform is 5,000 feet in the air, so if you fall you will die.
  • The Equipment :
  • Glock Pistol(20 clips), Dual Katanas, and small shield. Standard ninja uniform.
  • Special Options :
  • For each 10 ninjas you kill, 1 will be revived to fight on your side.

This round should be her hardest one due to the setting. Emma isn't completely helpless in h2h as she was fighting lizard creatures with just h2h and then faced a lizard Gambit, Storm and Wolverine in DF with just h2h. She also held her own against Bishop and Sage in h2h. She was a decent fencer in her youth so a katana may be unfamiliar but it a sword so she has some background in swordplay.

I think her durability again will be the deciding factor as again they can't hurt her, but they can overwhelm her. The ninjas may be faster but they will be coming in all over the place so she should tag some of them and she does have the strength edge and can keep going indefinitely. The only reason I may say she could lose this is if the ninjas swarm her off the edge, but like I said, she does have some skill to her name she has faced fodder opponents and even ones with enhanced stats just not this many. If she can stay in the center and use her stats to her edge and keep the ninjas at bay or kill the ones closest, she could kill all of them with a lot of effort or at least survive the 24 hours. She may have to use the special option this round though.

Scenario 5
  • The Enemy :
  • Infinite amounts of thugs, 300 Spartans, and 100 specially trained ninjas. (w/ all equipment previously stated)
  • The Setting :
  • Small, abandoned town. Houses are spread apart by one kilometer, and in between are crops.
  • The Equipment :
  • Grenade Launcher(10 bullets), Dual Katanas, M16 Rifle(20 clips), and Desert Eagle(5 clips). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options :
  • You can call in the help of one street leveler in the same comic series as your character.

Durability, yet again to last the 24 hours.

So yeah. Emma's overall stats should place her in SL but her key one in durability should allow her to survive the onslaught of opponents. My only hesitation is round four just due to the setting but I at least tried making a case to keep her in the game and I think she could win if she plays it right and stays centered.

I think Emma Frost is a bit too powerful for this contest. Her durability is too high. None of the weapons the enemies wield will hurt her, even if they do overwhelm her. Unfortunately, I have to ask you to pick another character. (Emma Frost is like Colossus but without the strength)

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By greenteaforme

Psylocke.

Wins all scenarios effortlessly, and gains all special achievements.

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Typhion

Beast then. I'll work on a write up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenteaforme said:

Psylocke.

Wins all scenarios effortlessly, and gains all special achievements.

No stomp characters please. (ex. Colossus, Emma Frost)

@Typhion: Okay. Good luck.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Floopay

@jobiwankenobi: @YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

If jobiwankenobi teams up with me for round 3, then I should clear, and he should clear round 3 as well. Same tactic, but with Emma Frost. She's not the shot Captain is, but she's durable enough to tank while I begin stoning people. It shouldn't be too hard for her to figure out how to shoot a gun...or throw a grenade.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Floopay said:

@jobiwankenobi: @YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

If jobiwankenobi teams up with me for round 3, then I should clear, and he should clear round 3 as well. Same tactic, but with Emma Frost. She's not the shot Captain is, but she's durable enough to tank while I begin stoning people. It shouldn't be too hard for her to figure out how to shoot a gun...or throw a grenade.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I think Emma Frost is a bit too durable for this contest. (bullets, swords, shurikens and more will have no effect on her. Same goes for Colossus)

Your characters are okay though.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Floopay

@Typhion: @YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

Well if Typhion can get team up with me with Beast. I think between the Chains/Hooks for his acrobatics, his pheromones, and my stone gaze, we can easily handle scenario 3.

And that should be a clear correct?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Floopay said:

Well if Typhion can get team up with me with Beast. I think between the Chains/Hooks for his acrobatics, his pheromones, and my stone gaze, we can easily handle scenario 3.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Not yet. Typhion has to accept the help request. (he may want to help or not, depending if he wants the achievement)

If he accepts then you should clear.

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Typhion

A few questions to YNCG:

1) How fast can we expect infinite foes to feed into play? Will 10 be in the field of play at a time and regen as killed? Or is it 1 every 10 seconds, or just flat out infinite (logically impossible given the space constraints of course)

2) Is feed of foes directional? The town scenario, the Spartan scenario, etc. Will they be approaching from any particular direction, or is spawn of enemies totally random and with no specific direction. Or will enemies spawn in the location of their brethren to reinforce numbers? Do foes have to enter through factory entrances? Or do they materialize?

3) The balancing platform: is that like a balance beam, or is that a precariously teetering large rectangle. What is it made of?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Typhion said:

A few questions to YNCG:

1) How fast can we expect infinite foes to feed into play? Will 10 be in the field of play at a time and regen as killed? Or is it 1 every 10 seconds, or just flat out infinite (logically impossible given the space constraints of course)

2) Is feed of foes directional? The town scenario, the Spartan scenario, etc. Will they be approaching from any particular direction, or is spawn of enemies totally random and with no specific direction. Or will enemies spawn in the location of their brethren to reinforce numbers? Do foes have to enter through factory entrances? Or do they materialize?

3) The balancing platform: is that like a balance beam, or is that a precariously teetering large rectangle. What is it made of?

1) Many, many, many of them at the same time at the field. (a couple hundred at least) They should be able to overwhelm you if you don't think out a good plan. (10 will spawn every 5 seconds, and once time progresses, the numbers will increase. Ex. 20 spawn every 5 seconds)

2) Read the scenario. Some of them say they are rushing at you, some of them say they are coming from different directions.

Scenario 1 : All directions

Scenario 2 : One direction

Scenario 3 : All directions

Scenario 4 : Various directions, but not all. (not enough Ninjas for all)

Scenario 5 : Various directions, but not all.

3) A large square platform not balancing beam. It square platform does not move at all and is made of adamantium.

XMen1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By XMen1963

Raizo from the movie Ninja Assassin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@XMen1963 said:

Raizo from the movie Ninja Assassin.

Granted. Your character is good. You can now structure an argument/debate.

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Typhion

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Accepted. I was thinking the non-confrontational approach, but if you've got a good plan for the more aggressive approach, I'll roll with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Typhion said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Accepted. I was thinking the non-confrontational approach, but if you've got a good plan for the more aggressive approach, I'll roll with it.

Okay. That means Floopay has cleared. Your name will be on it as well as additional help.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Floopay

@Typhion said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well, that is what I am going for as well. However, Tomi has a gaze that turns those who make eye contact with him to stone. So if you open with a more aggressive tactic, you can create obstacles to hide around and avoid gunfire with, which would give our team quite the edge, considering we have characters who are more adept at up front and personal combat. In the short game, it's more aggressive, in the long game, it's more of an avoid confrontation as much as possible, but still give yourself the edge approach.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

XMen1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By XMen1963

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

Scenario 1 he has a katana. He really doesn't need anything else. Plus it was hard for ninjas to even touch Raizo in the movie, and they have mad training. Thugs won't even have a chance. And since I can modify weapons i'll switch out the desert eagles for another katana.

Scenario 2 All he needs to do is kill 1 Spartan and take his spear and shield. Then he's set. Or he could just drop all of his stuff and retreat, since the Spartans would be pretty slow and wouldn't be able to catch up with him.

Scenario 3 He doesn't have a weapon he could use for this round, so he'd likely just hide up top in the scaffolding. Since the warehouse is abandoned, there is not gonna be any lighting, so the mafia guys aren't gonna find him.

Scenario 4 This ones almost tailor made for Raizo. I'd say he'd clear it pretty easily. Plus him getting 1 ninja on his team for every 10 he kills.

Scenario 5 He'd probably hide on rooftops and pick off the ninjas and Spartans 1 by 1. I don't think he'd be able to survive the whole 24 hours in this round, but it's possible.

Let me know if there are any holes in my argument

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Oni_Bane

Ultimate Captain America is that acceptable?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@XMen1963 said:

Scenario 1 he has a katana. He really doesn't need anything else. Plus it was hard for ninjas to even touch Raizo in the movie, and they have mad training. Thugs won't even have a chance. And since I can modify weapons i'll switch out the desert eagles for another katana.

Scenario 2 All he needs to do is kill 1 Spartan and take his spear and shield. Then he's set. Or he could just drop all of his stuff and retreat, since the Spartans would be pretty slow and wouldn't be able to catch up with him.

Scenario 3 He doesn't have a weapon he could use for this round, so he'd likely just hide up top in the scaffolding. Since the warehouse is abandoned, there is not gonna be any lighting, so the mafia guys aren't gonna find him.

Scenario 4 This ones almost tailor made for Raizo. I'd say he'd clear it pretty easily. Plus him getting 1 ninja on his team for every 10 he kills.

Scenario 5 He'd probably hide on rooftops and pick off the ninjas and Spartans 1 by 1. I don't think he'd be able to survive the whole 24 hours in this round, but it's possible.

Scenario 1 : How will he survive for 24 hours with endless thugs rushing at him from all directions. Even the best ninja assassin would get tired from 24 hours. Will you take shelter in a house? It would eventually cave in and you will be stuck in a corner. Please elaborate.

Scenario 2 : Spartans are a lot faster than you think. Also, they have shields (and there are infinite of them) which should cover some of the ninja assassin attacks. The Spartans, unlike the thugs, are armored better, skilled, and have a massive shield. I could see them overwhelming the ninja with the explanation you gave me.

Scenario 3 : The warehouse is abandoned, but has plenty of lighting. There are hiding spots however, but the infinite Mafia gangster's would find you sooner or later.

Scenario 4 : I agree he has taken ninjas down before, and he has an extra edge of the ninjas if he gets tired. You, however, lost the achievement if you decide to use the Every 10 Ninjas You Kill You Get One tactic. (same with Scenario 1 and the weapon switch)

Scenario 5 : They are coming from various (but not all) directions, and they are in huge numbers. I think they might be able to overwhelm Raizo. The houses are not too tall as well, and are easy accessable. (and numerous ways to get there)

There are holes in your argument because of the lack of detail. If you elaborate more, I think you should take the win.

@Oni_Bane said:

Ultimate Captain America is that acceptable?

That is acceptable. But remember, he does not have his shield. All weapons and equipment are replaces in the Scenario. (except for Scenario 1 if you wish to have a weapon switch. However, that will cost an achievement)

XMen1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By XMen1963

@XMen1963 said:

Scenario 2 All he needs to do is kill 1 Spartan and take his spear and shield. Then he's set. Or he could just drop all of his stuff and retreat, since the Spartans would be pretty slow and Ywouldn't be able to catch up with him.

Scenario 1 : How will he survive for 24 hours with endless thugs rushing at him from all directions. Even the best ninja assassin would get tired from 24 hours. Will you take shelter in a house? It would eventually cave in and you will be stuck in a corner. Please elaborate.

Scenario 2 : Spartans are a lot faster than you think. Also, they have shields (and there are infinite of them) which should cover some of the ninja assassin attacks. The Spartans, unlike the thugs, are armored better, skilled, and have a massive shield. I could see them overwhelming the ninja with the explanation you gave me.

Scenario 3 : The warehouse is abandoned, but has plenty of lighting. There are hiding spots however, but the infinite Mafia gangster's would find you sooner or later.

Scenario 4 : I agree he has taken ninjas down before, and he has an extra edge of the ninjas if he gets tired. You, however, lost the achievement if you decide to use the Every 10 Ninjas You Kill You Get One tactic. (same with Scenario 1 and the weapon switch)

Scenario 5 : They are coming from various (but not all) directions, and they are in huge numbers. I think they might be able to overwhelm Raizo. The houses are not too tall as well, and are easy accessable. (and numerous ways to get there)

There are holes in your argument because of the lack of detail. If you elaborate more, I think you should take the win.

Scenario 1 : Yes, he would most likely end up finding a spot to hide

Scenario 2 : Spartans are fast, but not faster then a ninja. Plus in all their armor they'd tire easily, and since it's in a wide open area he could just do hit and run attacks. But if he started to get overwhelmed he would just run away and stay away.

Scenario 3 : You aren't gonna find a hiding ninja.

Scenario 4 : He's not gonna take down all those ninjas without the extra edge, unless they are coming one at a time.

Scenario 5 : If he can win just by staying alive then he clears it. He could just get in the crawlspace under any house and just stay there. They wouldn't find him cause they'd have to look under every house, which would take too long. Or he could hide in a chimney or something. If he has to kill all of the Spartans and ninjas then no way he clears it.

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Mad8Baller

Cyclops -
Wins S1 - Just take off glasses.  It's only 5 mins...
Wins S2 - Just take off glasses.  They all are 1 direction.  And it's only 20 min...
S3 - I think I need a new character...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@XMen1963 said:

@XMen1963 said:

Scenario 2 All he needs to do is kill 1 Spartan and take his spear and shield. Then he's set. Or he could just drop all of his stuff and retreat, since the Spartans would be pretty slow and Ywouldn't be able to catch up with him.

Scenario 1 : Yes, he would most likely end up finding a spot to hide

Scenario 2 : Spartans are fast, but not faster then a ninja. Plus in all their armor they'd tire easily, and since it's in a wide open area he could just do hit and run attacks. But if he started to get overwhelmed he would just run away and stay away.

Scenario 3 : You aren't gonna find a hiding ninja.

Scenario 4 : He's not gonna take down all those ninjas without the extra edge, unless they are coming one at a time.

Scenario 5 : If he can win just by staying alive then he clears it. He could just get in the crawlspace under any house and just stay there. They wouldn't find him cause they'd have to look under every house, which would take too long. Or he could hide in a chimney or something. If he has to kill all of the Spartans and ninjas then no way he clears it.

Scenario 1 : Okay you cleared.

Scenario 2 : In the movie I did not see them tiring at all. (even from battle.) And from what history has said, I don't think they tired easily either. However, that is probably because they only have a helmet and a shield. (no bodyplate) I think you should be able to hold them off for 24 hours due to Raizo's agility and superior skills. You cleared.

Scenario 3 : Trust me. There are infinite Mafia Gangsters wandering around looking at every little nook and cranny. I think the M.G should find you eventually, and if you attack them they would hear/see you due to their numbers. From there, I don't think Raizo can dodge bullets. (if he can than you should clear) If not, I think Raizo might lose in this Scenario, unless he can hide fast enough in numerous situations.

Scenario 4 : They are not coming one at a time. I will accept the Special Options, but you have lost the achievement. You cleared.

Scenario 5 : I think they would find him in almost any hiding spot, but I think he could hold them long enough to move on to another hiding spot, which would buy 30 minutes(at least) of time. You cleared.

@Mad8Baller said:

Cyclops - Wins S1 - Just take off glasses. It's only 5 mins...Wins S2 - Just take off glasses. They all are 1 direction. And it's only 20 min...S3 - I think I need a new character...

Yeah. Cyclops has extremely low durability and has almost no reaction/reflexes feats. He would go down easily in Scenario 3. But what do you mean by 5 minutes? That is the minimum Checkpoint. I think Cyclops could clear Scenario 1 and 2 for 24 hours.

XMen1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By XMen1963

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: He dodged bullets in the movie. Well he just avoided them, not really dodged, but he took out Yakuza guys (Japanese Mafia) with 0 effort in the movie.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Oni_Bane

I'll think of someone else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Oni_Bane said:

I'll think of someone else.

Okay.

@XMen1963 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: He dodged bullets in the movie. Well he just avoided them, not really dodged, but he took out Yakuza guys (Japanese Mafia) with 0 effort in the movie.

Avoiding and dodging are fairly similar. I think he could do the same with the Italian Mafias. (if he avoided a couple of gunfire easily he should be able to dodge many gunfire with effort) You cleared Scenario 3 as well. Congratulations, you have won!

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By sandiego008

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I think puck is to durable for this after reading some of your earlier posts ... can I switch to kitty pryde ... or is that unfair?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandiego008 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I think puck is to durable for this after reading some of your earlier posts ... can I switch to kitty pryde ... or is that unfair?

I think Kitty Pryde is too powerful. She could just phase through any attacks. Pick someone who is skilled, isn't too durable to tank all attacks, but could hold his own. (preferably bulletspeed reaction or expert hider)

That is my reccomendations. If you want to go lower for an extra challenge go ahead.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By jobiwankenobi

Round one: With a katana Link could literally smack these guys down for 24 hours without stopping. Link does not tire as in most of his games he never sleeps for weeks straight. Realistically, he could run for an entire day and night before needing to rest.

*Spoiler for Skyward Sword* At the end of the game an infinite amount of Bokoblins and Moblins will rush you. You can literally just stand and smack them aside for as long as you like. These guys are easily on or above the level of thugs. They're also armed with swords, bows, bombs, and spears, which are a little more dangerous than street weapons. Here's a web address to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGnM-_mAeHc skip two 2 minutes.The important part ends around 11 minutes. Don't bother watching the whole thing, it's virtually the same all through. *End Spoiler*

Also, if Link could move around and narrow the flow of enemies, such as standing in the doorway of a room in an abandoned home, he could last forever. I think he would take minimal damage especially if he tries to evade his enemies by travelling through houses.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jobiwankenobi said:

Round one: With a katana Link could literally smack these guys down for 24 hours without stopping. Link does not tire as in most of his games he never sleeps for weeks straight. Realistically, he could run for an entire day and night before needing to rest.

*Spoiler for Skyward Sword* At the end of the game an infinite amount of Bokoblins and Moblins will rush you. You can literally just stand and smack them aside for as long as you like. These guys are easily on or above the level of thugs. They're also armed with swords, bows, bombs, and spears, which are a little more dangerous than street weapons. Here's a web address to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGnM-_mAeHc skip two 2 minutes.The important part ends around 11 minutes. Don't bother watching the whole thing, it's virtually the same all through. *End Spoiler*

Also, if Link could move around and narrow the flow of enemies, such as standing in the doorway of a room in an abandoned home, he could last forever. I think he would take minimal damage especially if he tries to evade his enemies by travelling through houses.

You cleared Scenario One.

EDIT: I have to go for now. (I'll use my iPad, so I can say if you cleared or not. I can't reply or quote you however, so I'll do a @jobiwankenobi that won't show in your inbox or actually reply to you, but if you look at the thread you'll know I'm talking to you)

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By renamed040924

@everyone

AWWW YEAH YOU JELLY I'M THE FIRST WINNER WITH ALL TROPHYS UNLOCKED?

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Typhion

Beast vs Scenarios 1-5

Scenario 1 – The Thugs.

Hank has never been one for confrontation, but does just fine when pushed. In scenario 1 he's use the terrain to his utmost advantage. Hank will be looking up from the beginning, scaling the buildings to take the high ground. His strength is sufficient that he should be able to take a suitably long and heavy weapon with him (cross bar from a chain link fence, even a stolen baseball bat if need be). From that point on, it's a matter of defending the high ground. Given his strength, agility, climbing ability and reflexes, not to mention feats for leaping, he should hold the high ground with relative ease.

If things get hot, he'll leap to the next roof top, or maybe several rooftops down. His speed should allow him to get to less dense areas. He'll likely do this a few dozen times, all people to cluster at his location, and then hop over to a more secluded spot. Using the chokepoints of rooftop access, he should be able to defend and recoup with ease. He clears scenario 1 without the use of weapons save improvised melee combat weapons.

Scenario 2 – Spartans.

Hank's a history buff, among other things. He'll see a horde of Spartans and know these guys mean business. Let's not forget Hank can run well...like a beast. He's going the totally non-confrontational approach. I believe he tops out in the upper 30 mph area. That's running a faster than a 2 minute mile...world class sprinters can't do that even for 100 meters Given his stamina, he can likely sustain this pace for the better part of a mile at a time. While conditioned, the Spartans will be carrying shields, spears, and short swords. If they don't they're fodder for Beast.

Hank will turn tail. Since the attack is from one direction, he'll outpace his pursuers with ease. It will then be a game of cat and mouse, with Beast staying out of spear throwing range. Given his stamina, he'll most likely have time after the first hour to take lengthy breaks. Yes the desert is hot, and the heat won't be kind to him, but given no refreshment specified in the OP scenario, I'd assume it's liveable enough for sustained combat or pursuit. Hank clears it and nobody gets hurt. Good thing too, the Spartans have work to do at Thermopylae. No weapons needed of course.

Scenario 3 – Machine Guns

Hank will don the Kevlar here and team up with Gorgon. As Floopay stated, lots of statues means lots of cover. Since we're already teaming up, lets really go on the cheap end of things. Gorgon should be able to thin out the herd at choke points, while beast, the more physically adept of the 2 will be the chain wielder. We'll retreat to the safe room and bottleneck the entrance with corpses and statues, congesting it to a point of painstaking, if not impossible entry. At that point, given the weapons provided, we should be able to pick them off as they squirm/climb their way into a firing position that gives them even a remote chance of connecting with our heroes. Yes, ammo will have to be used sparingly, but given the congestion of the statues and the choke point, this should be feasible. The numbers will mean nothing at that point, as our Spartan friends from scenario 2 can attest to. We leveraged every advantage we had, but we were trapped rats with an ever thickening enemy density, but we should clear.

Scenario 4

A platform where the most agile/strongest guy in the room can throw people to their death and be awarded allies for it you say? Beast says “I like my odds.” Beast will work the edges of the platform, and likely the very corners where his advantage is enormous. That way, he'll ensure his back is not exposed, and he'll have a flesh shield from the front. Then it's a matter of clearing the edges. He's got the reflexes and agility to take a few ninjas at once, and the strength to use the body of one ninja to knock several off the edges of the platform. By leveraging his advantages at the edge of the platform he'll get a number of cheap kills up front, and slowly build an army of allies.

Once he's built a fair amount of allies all called to his location, he can form a protective wall. From behind his wall, he can use the pistol to add a few cheap allies to his numbers. Then it's a matter of wash rinse repeat on the strategy. Within an hour or 2, beast should have enough allies to be producing allies faster than enemies are generated, at which point he's got this thing in the bag, and he can sit back and watch.

Scenario 5

With Gorgon again thanks to Floopay. Similar strategy as 1, except without continuous rooftop hopping. All the same, Hank and Gorgon get to the rooftops and bottleneck enemy incomings. When they need to move on, a grenade, a hail of bullets for about 10 seconds, and a well placed stare of 2, should scatter the masses for a retreat to less crowded ground. Given Beast's strength and speed, as well as climbing, he should have no trouble getting his ally to the high ground and following well before his enemies can duplicate the task. In all retreat scenarios, between the petrify and Beast's speed, they should be able to elude immediate pursuit. Should clear.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By sandiego008
Dazzler
Dazzler

Dazzler on roller skates (a typical item she is seen in) ... can create force fields and light energy blasts based on absorbing sound.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Scenario 2: This will be virtually the same except with a short sword and grenades now. Link could run and dodge from these guys all day in a big open space. They could hardly hope to catch him in their heavy armor. Link is also experienced with bombs, hand grenades would only be better. The only thing Link couldn't use to his advantage are his guns, which he probably couldn't even use, however, they would not be needed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Typhion. You cleared Scenario 1. You cleared Scenario 2. You cleared Scenario 3 but lost 2 achievements. You cleared Scenario 4, although you slightly underestimate the ninjas. Also your back right at the edge is risky, but I think you should clear. IYou cleared Scenario 5, but it would be difficult, because the numbers would overwhelm you if you don't think fast enough. However Gorgon and his death stare and Hanks intelligence and agility should clear this. Congratulations, you have cleared! I'll have your name on the winners list tomorrow. ( I'm on my iPad )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jobiwankenobi You cleared Scenario 2. @sandiego008 you can get Dazzler, but no rollerskates. ( the settings would make the skates useless anyways )

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By sandiego008

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: hmmm i may change yet again then .. and actually all settings help her if she has skates (minus 2nd one) ... she just tends to be much more nimble and dodgy with the skates ... not sure if she has what it takes w/o them ... to be continued i may seek someone else out.

No Caption Provided

Edit: How about Mysterio

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I'm aloud to have ODST armor and Deathstroke help me in scenario 3 right?

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Typhion

@Typhion. You cleared Scenario 1. You cleared Scenario 2. You cleared Scenario 3 but lost 2 achievements. You cleared Scenario 4, although you slightly underestimate the ninjas. Also your back right at the edge is risky, but I think you should clear. IYou cleared Scenario 5, but it would be difficult, because the numbers would overwhelm you if you don't think fast enough. However Gorgon and his death stare and Hanks intelligence and agility should clear this. Congratulations, you have cleared! I'll have your name on the winners list tomorrow. ( I'm on my iPad )

Thank you sir. Beast isn't a bullet dodger, so I had to forgo achieves, and he has no stealth to speak of, so I expected that one to be difficult. As for 4, I figured it would be difficult, but if there's anyone who can't fly fighting on a precarious edge...it's beast, and given the danger of the ninjas, better the edge than the middle IMO.

Thanks again, and this was a really fun scenario. Look forward to more like this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandiego008 Are you sure you want Mysterio. All armor and weapons will be replaced. ( except for Scenario 1 which you can customize for the cost of an achievement. )

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Scenario 3: Link learns basic sword skills very quickly. He masters them within an hour. Deathstroke could teach him gun skills with an infinite number of enemies to practice on. Link would catch on in a few minutes. He'd be good at it in an hour. In two hours he would be a formidable foe with a gun. With Deathstroke helping, they could avoid and evade attacks with and without using the chains and hooks, both are remarkable acrobats. With ODST armor, a few bullets taken would be no issue. Grenades would again be extremely helpful. If things get rough, both can hole up in that metal room for at least two and a half hours. An hour and 15 minutes at least if they run out of bullets.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jobiwankenobi Interesting debate! You cleared Scenario 3.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Thanks. I'll be back tomorrow.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By sandiego008

Madrox or Silhouette are my new picks. Madrox shouldn't have any problem and silhouette can meld w/in shadows and use shadows to teleport so should be able to hide long enough to survive. Not to mention she is an EXTREMELY capable combant.