• 152 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

(I'm not sure if this counts as a battle so if it isn't, then can a mod please move it to the correct Forum Board?)

The purpose of this game is to pit a character in these scenario's and people will discuss how long the person would last. (I will provide checkpoints)

Rules :

  • Street Levelers and below only. (the lower the level the more epic it is)
  • Explain why your character would last a certain time against the enemy, and the specified numbers.
  • Characters with healing factors are not allowed. (unless you remove the healing factor)
  • Weapons and equipment is already stated in the specific scenario.
  • No prep time at all. Consider all of these an ambush. (and some an ambush from another time)
  • You can pair up with another competitor for Scenario 3 and 5.
  • No characters who could easily tank all of these attacks. (ex. Colossus, Emma Frost)

(Example Only. You can still use Rorschach)

My Character : Rorschach

Checkpoints

Checkpoint 1 : 5 minutes (Wow, your character fails...)

Checkpoint 2 : 20 minutes

Checkpoint 3 : 30 minutes

Checkpoint 4 : 1 hour

Checkpoint 5 : 1 hour and 30 minutes (Halfway there! Better luck next time!)

Checkpoint 6 : 2 hours

Checkpoint 7 : 3 hours

Checkpoint 8 : 5 hours

Checkpoint 9 : 10 hours

Checkpoint 10 : 24 hours (you have won!!!)

Scenario 1

  • The Enemy : Infinite amount of thugs with baseball bats, crow-bars, steel pipes, and other street weapons rushing at your character.
  • The Setting : Abandoned neighborhood with only you and the infinite thugs. Small places to move, but lots of places to go.
  • The Equipment : Katana sword, Desert Eagle(2 clips), and Throwing Knives(5). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options :You can modify your weapons in this scenario, but nothing can be stronger than a grenade launcher.

Scenario 2

  • The Enemy : Infinite Spartans(from 300) rushing at you with shields at swords/spears, and rushing at your character.
  • The Setting : Desert with distant mountains far away. Plenty of space to move, but nowhere else to go and you are in the open. (no hiding places, etc.)
  • The Equipment : M1 Garand Carbine(10 clips), Short Sword, 2 Frag Grenades, Brass Knuckles. Standard iron helmet and chestplate.
  • Special Options : None. This is going to be a tough one.

Scenario 3

  • The Enemy : Infinite Mafia gangsters armed with Tommy Machine Guns and Pistols and are in various areas surrounding you.
  • The Setting : Huge, but abandoned factory. (about the size of 2 football fields) Hooks and chains are found in the factory for improvising. (if needed)
  • The Equipment : M16 Rifle (20 clips), 5 grenades, and Dual Desert Eagles(5 clips per gun). Chest Kevlar.
  • Special Options : The hooks and chains around the factory for improvising. There is also a room with an iron door for a last stand.

Scenario 4

  • The Enemy : 200 Specially trained, super deadly ninjas with Katanas, Throwing Knives, and Smoke Bombs. (bulletspeed reactions/reflexes)
  • The Setting : A huge balancing platform the size a football field. The flat, square platform is 5,000 feet in the air, so if you fall you will die.
  • The Equipment : Glock Pistol(20 clips), Dual Katanas, and small shield. Standard ninja uniform.
  • Special Options : For each 10 ninjas you kill, 1 will be revived to fight on your side.

Scenario 5

  • The Enemy : Infinite amounts of thugs, 300 Spartans, and 100 specially trained ninjas. (w/ all equipment previously stated)
  • The Setting : Small, abandoned town. Houses are spread apart by one kilometer, and in between are crops.
  • The Equipment : Grenade Launcher(10 bullets), Dual Katanas, M16 Rifle(20 clips), and Desert Eagle(5 clips). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options : You can call in the help of one street leveler in the same comic series as your character.

Various Difficulties

Easy : You picked a character that would easily clear the Scenario's. Easy, but not very epic. (that or you had additional help)

Medium : You picked a fair character that would have some problems clearing the Scenario's. Fairly epic. (or you picked a weak one and had help)

Hard : You picked a weaker character that had many problems clearing the Scenario's. Maximum epicness. (weak character + no additional help)

Special Achievements!

"Fine Like This" - Do not use any Special Options at all.

Unneeded Difficulties - Use a character below Street Level.

Survivor - Survive 24 hours on each Scenario.

No Extra Help - Don't use help from another competitor.

Ultimate Badass - Survive 24 hours on each scenario with a character below street level and not using Special Options and help from competitor.

People Who Have Won :

nickzambuto won on 7/15/12.

  • Achievements : "Fine Like This", Survivor, No Extra Help, Ultimate Badass
  • Difficulty : Medium

Floopay won on 7/16/12. (with additional help from Typhion)

  • Achievements : Survivor
  • Difficulty : Easy

XMen1963 won on 7/16/12.

  • Achievements : Survivor, No Extra Help
  • Difficulty : Medium

Typhion won on 7/16/12. (with additional help from Floopay)

  • Achievements : Survivor
  • Difficulty : Easy

jobiwankenobi won on 7/17/12. (with additional help from deadpoolrules)

  • Achievements : Survivor, "Fine Like This"
  • Difficulty : Easy

Soul_Rebel won on 9/1/12 (with in-comic help from Big Daddy)

  • Achievements : Survivor,
  • Difficulty : Hard
#2 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus

#3 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3514 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man for an easier clear, Batman for a difficult clear.

#4 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

Colossus

Hmm.. that's a bit overpowered in this situation but I guess it fits the guidelines. I just don't see how the enemies will take down Colossus if he has metal skin etc.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Spider-Man for an easier clear, Batman for a difficult clear.

Hmm.. more explanations please everybody. I think Spider-Man might stop at the last Scenario, and Batman would put up a good fight. But everybody, please explain more.

#5 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@menaceforever said:

Colossus

Hmm.. that's a bit overpowered in this situation but I guess it fits the guidelines. I just don't see how the enemies will take down Colossus if he has metal skin etc.

Yeah,but being tired also count as a defeat,right?

#6 Posted by TheCannon (16083 posts) - - Show Bio

Who exactly counts as street level?

#7 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Do something to his eye or penis maybe he would probraly revert back

#8 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7694 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter of course ;-)

But that's not really in the spirit of the challenge, from what I understand.

Perhaps Cassandra Cain?

#9 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist or Wolverine

#10 Posted by God_Spawn (35985 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@menaceforever said:

Colossus

Hmm.. that's a bit overpowered in this situation but I guess it fits the guidelines. I just don't see how the enemies will take down Colossus if he has metal skin etc.

How does he fit the rules? Colossus is NOT a street leveler.

Moderator
#11 Posted by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man. =)

#12 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

The Twilight Princess version of Link could do it. He's not a comic book character, but he could last quite a while. He could easily do the first and second scenario. The next ones... he might last a few hours.

I don't know if he's allowed, though.

#13 Posted by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty? 

#14 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Who exactly counts as street level?

Any street leveler really. Although the weaker the Street Leveler, the more epic the battles will be. Colossus and Midnighter, for example, could be a bit too easy for them to win. (but it counts) It's all in the spirit of the battles. Don't forget any previous weapons the character possessed will be stripped away and replaced with the Equipment weapons. (same goes for armor)

But here's a rough list :

  • Rorschach
  • Deadpool (no healing factor)
  • Wolverine (no healing factor and bone claws)
  • Nite Owl II
  • Captain America
  • Batman
  • Daredevil
  • Nightwing
  • Punisher
  • Spider-Man
  • Deathstroke

etc. etc.

@menaceforever said:

Do something to his eye or penis maybe he would probraly revert back

Uhhh.. umm..... okay.....

Colossus in metal form is perfectly fine in the guidelines, but it will be a bit too easy to be an epic battle. That's all I'm saying. (if you want an easy win then go for it)

@god_spawn said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@menaceforever said:

Colossus

Hmm.. that's a bit overpowered in this situation but I guess it fits the guidelines. I just don't see how the enemies will take down Colossus if he has metal skin etc.

How does he fit the rules? Colossus is NOT a street leveler.

He isn't? How about Classic Colossus?

@Yai_Inn said:

Kitty?

Not specific. Not sure who you're talking about. Kitty Pryde?

@jobiwankenobi said:

The Twilight Princess version of Link could do it. He's not a comic book character, but he could last quite a while. He could easily do the first and second scenario. The next ones... he might last a few hours.

I don't know if he's allowed, though.

That fits, but no magic spells, etc. (no swords either)

All weapons and armor are replaced with the one in the Scenario.

#15 Posted by TheCannon (16083 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek I'll take Spider-man.

#16 Edited by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke

#17 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus is a street leveler Hawkeye defeated him.

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

All selections above are accepted.

#19 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I have Ty Lee then

#20 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

All selections above are accepted.

Can it be New-52 Deathstroke?

#21 Posted by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take Nightwing! :p

#22 Edited by boschePG (1973 posts) - - Show Bio

can I get Hawkeye???

If not, Ill take the Question. He wont last long but thats my dude

#23 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

Can I have Ty Lee then

Yes, but no firebending or any other elemental bending.

@deadpoolrules said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

All selections above are accepted.

Can it be New-52 Deathstroke?

Yes.

@ThatThorFan said:

I'll take Nightwing! :p

Okay that fits.

@boschePG said:

can I get Hawkeye???

If not, Ill take the Question. He wont last long but thats my dude

You can get Hawkeye. (if you want Question you can get him instead)

Okay, once I accept your character go ahead and debate/construct an argument on how long your character will last.

#24 Posted by God_Spawn (35985 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: No version of Colossus save for human is a street leveler. Colossus is a brick plain and simple. He falls under the same categories as the likes of Thing and Hulk. Even in his youth in metal form he was a class 75 and has only grown into class 100. You made a list of of acceptable street levelers with the likes of Nightwing, Deadpool, Wolverine, Batman and Deathstroke fall under street level problems. The upper crust of SL is often though of as Spider-Man as far as whole range stats go. But there are characters that have stats that far exceed street level but due to overall stats don't push them over it. Wolverine has a far higher durability than street levelers go, but his overall stat level places him at low level superhuman which makes him street.

Moderator
#25 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

,New-52 Deathstroke armor is bulletproof,right?

And when I read it,I realised that he was a little bit more agile and strong,but no healing factor,that's my biggest problem

You could do it as tag teams,joining me with another person,that would be easier,because infinity hordes are kind of mean.Also,if you decide doing the tag teams trhere are two things you could do.

  1. A new topic
  2. A PM for the team

Thanks for the attention.

#26 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: No version of Colossus save for human is a street leveler. Colossus is a brick plain and simple. He falls under the same categories as the likes of Thing and Hulk. Even in his youth in metal form he was a class 75 and has only grown into class 100. You made a list of of acceptable street levelers with the likes of Nightwing, Deadpool, Wolverine, Batman and Deathstroke fall under street level problems. The upper crust of SL is often though of as Spider-Man as far as whole range stats go. But there are characters that have stats that far exceed street level but due to overall stats don't push them over it. Wolverine has a far higher durability than street levelers go, but his overall stat level places him at low level superhuman which makes him street.

Without the metal? I think Colossus has significant training that would put him in street level without the metal skin. I agree with the metal skin and strength. It's just too much.

@deadpoolrules said:

,New-52 Deathstroke armor is bulletproof,right?

And when I read it,I realised that he was a little bit more agile and strong,but no healing factor,that's my biggest problem

You could do it as tag teams,joining me with another person,that would be easier,because infinity hordes are kind of mean.Also,if you decide doing the tag teams trhere are two things you could do.

  1. A new topic
  2. A PM for the team

Thanks for the attention.

All armor and weapons are replaced in each scenario. Any previous weapons that the character has will be replaced.

Infinity hordes are fine IMO. This is how long you would last, not a competition of who would win. (although that is the ultimate goal. You just have to survive for 24 hours.)

I don't think a new topic would be necessary, nor a PM for the teams. Every Checkpoint replenishes your health by 15%. (ammo is uneffected)

#27 Posted by boschePG (1973 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Ill take Hawkeye then

#28 Edited by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@god_spawn said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: No version of Colossus save for human is a street leveler. Colossus is a brick plain and simple. He falls under the same categories as the likes of Thing and Hulk. Even in his youth in metal form he was a class 75 and has only grown into class 100. You made a list of of acceptable street levelers with the likes of Nightwing, Deadpool, Wolverine, Batman and Deathstroke fall under street level problems. The upper crust of SL is often though of as Spider-Man as far as whole range stats go. But there are characters that have stats that far exceed street level but due to overall stats don't push them over it. Wolverine has a far higher durability than street levelers go, but his overall stat level places him at low level superhuman which makes him street.

Without the metal? I think Colossus has significant training that would put him in street level without the metal skin. I agree with the metal skin and strength. It's just too much.

@deadpoolrules said:

,New-52 Deathstroke armor is bulletproof,right?

And when I read it,I realised that he was a little bit more agile and strong,but no healing factor,that's my biggest problem

You could do it as tag teams,joining me with another person,that would be easier,because infinity hordes are kind of mean.Also,if you decide doing the tag teams trhere are two things you could do.

  1. A new topic
  2. A PM for the team

Thanks for the attention.

All armor and weapons are replaced in each scenario. Any previous weapons that the character has will be replaced.

Infinity hordes are fine IMO. This is how long you would last, not a competition of who would win. (although that is the ultimate goal. You just have to survive for 24 hours.)

I don't think a new topic would be necessary, nor a PM for the teams. Every Checkpoint replenishes your health. (but not ammo)

OK then,but armor?I didn't saw it set in the scenarios

Teams still a good idea IMO,but the post is yours

#29 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Shiva

#30 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolrules: All armor and weapons are replaced to the weapons in the Scenario. I'll add teams in a way. (editing OP now)

EDIT : Finished editing OP. I added teams in a way. Read Rules and Special Achievements.

#31 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

I choose Taskmaster.

#32 Edited by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Well, when he has a sword he'll own. He'd also be good with grenades, but that wouldn't last long enough. Unfortunately, he's not experienced with a gun, so he'll get stomped if he has one.

#33 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122: @ChaosBlazer: Both accepted.

@jobiwankenobi said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Well, when he has a sword he'll own. He'd also be good with grenades, but that wouldn't last long enough. Unfortunately, he's not experienced with a gun, so he'll get stomped if hes has one.

True. He has no experience with guns. You can still stick with Link if you want. Your choice.

#34 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@202122: @ChaosBlazer: Both accepted.

@jobiwankenobi said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Well, when he has a sword he'll own. He'd also be good with grenades, but that wouldn't last long enough. Unfortunately, he's not experienced with a gun, so he'll get stomped if hes has one.

True. He has no experience with guns. You can still stick with Link if you want. Your choice.

In rounds 3 and 5,I can choose the armor and the competitor that can help me(does it count as a win to him,if we win)?

#35 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolrules said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@202122: @ChaosBlazer: Both accepted.

@jobiwankenobi said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Well, when he has a sword he'll own. He'd also be good with grenades, but that wouldn't last long enough. Unfortunately, he's not experienced with a gun, so he'll get stomped if hes has one.

True. He has no experience with guns. You can still stick with Link if you want. Your choice.

In rounds 3 and 5,I can choose the armor and the competitor that can help me(does it count as a win to him,if we win)?

Choosing the armor is kind of stretching it. It can't be an armor that will tank all bullets throughout the entire battle, or it will be unfair. And also it would count as both of your wins, because the other competitor has to agree to help you.

#36 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolrules: Are you offering a team-up? I'm confused.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I'll stick with Link. He's my boy.

#37 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@deadpoolrules said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@202122: @ChaosBlazer: Both accepted.

@jobiwankenobi said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Well, when he has a sword he'll own. He'd also be good with grenades, but that wouldn't last long enough. Unfortunately, he's not experienced with a gun, so he'll get stomped if hes has one.

True. He has no experience with guns. You can still stick with Link if you want. Your choice.

In rounds 3 and 5,I can choose the armor and the competitor that can help me(does it count as a win to him,if we win)?

Choosing the armor is kind of stretching it. It can't be an armor that will tank all bullets throughout the entire battle, or it will be unfair. And also it would count as both of your wins, because the other competitor has to agree to help you.

So New-52 Deathstroke armor can't be used,how about Master Chief armor?

#38 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobiwankenobi said:

@deadpoolrules: Are you offering a team-up? I'm confused.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I'll stick with Link. He's my boy.

Okay.

A team up is a new feature I added. You can team up with another competitor for Scenario 3 and 5. (only if the other agrees)

However, you would lose a Special Achievement. (you can try again with another character though)

@deadpoolrules said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@deadpoolrules said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@202122: @ChaosBlazer: Both accepted.

@jobiwankenobi said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Well, when he has a sword he'll own. He'd also be good with grenades, but that wouldn't last long enough. Unfortunately, he's not experienced with a gun, so he'll get stomped if hes has one.

True. He has no experience with guns. You can still stick with Link if you want. Your choice.

In rounds 3 and 5,I can choose the armor and the competitor that can help me(does it count as a win to him,if we win)?

Choosing the armor is kind of stretching it. It can't be an armor that will tank all bullets throughout the entire battle, or it will be unfair. And also it would count as both of your wins, because the other competitor has to agree to help you.

So New-52 Deathstroke armor can't be used,how about Master Chief armor?

Master Chief's armor is way to complicated and powerful. (shields, and the armor itself can tank machine gun fire)

A simple armor that is durable enough, but can't be able to tank fire for the entire 24 hours.

#39 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@jobiwankenobi said:

@deadpoolrules: Are you offering a team-up? I'm confused.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I'll stick with Link. He's my boy.

Okay.

A team up is a new feature I added. You can team up with another competitor for Scenario 3 and 5. (only if the other agrees)

However, you would lose a Special Achievement. (you can try again with another character though)

@deadpoolrules said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@deadpoolrules said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@202122: @ChaosBlazer: Both accepted.

@jobiwankenobi said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Well, when he has a sword he'll own. He'd also be good with grenades, but that wouldn't last long enough. Unfortunately, he's not experienced with a gun, so he'll get stomped if hes has one.

True. He has no experience with guns. You can still stick with Link if you want. Your choice.

In rounds 3 and 5,I can choose the armor and the competitor that can help me(does it count as a win to him,if we win)?

Choosing the armor is kind of stretching it. It can't be an armor that will tank all bullets throughout the entire battle, or it will be unfair. And also it would count as both of your wins, because the other competitor has to agree to help you.

So New-52 Deathstroke armor can't be used,how about Master Chief armor?

Master Chief's armor is way to complicated and powerful. (shields, and the armor itself can tank machine gun fire)

A simple armor that is durable enough, but can't be able to tank fire for the entire 24 hours.

Chiefs can't tank fire for some minutes,imagine 24 hours.And also,I don't want the technology,just the protection.

@jobiwankenobi said:

@deadpoolrules: Are you offering a team-up? I'm confused.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I'll stick with Link. He's my boy.

Well,it's already done,a competitor can help you in 3 or 5 rounds(both or only one I dunno).

Wanna team up?

#40 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolrules: It is both Scenarios. (or only one depending on which one you want)

I still think the MJOLNIR armor is too durable. I'll give you the ODST armor though.

#41 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolrules: You've got Deathstroke right? Then hell yeah! We'd own.

#42 Posted by nickzambuto (11471 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus is not street level. There is absolutely nothing any of the opposition can do to him.

OP needs to set some restrictions against cop outs like Kitty Pryde. That said, I give you props ComicGeek, this is awesome.

Now for my character... well, if you know me, you'll already of known who I'd pick.

Yup, Solid mothertuggun' Snake. This is gonna be pretty tough but... I'll take it one step at a time.

Scenario 1

  • The Enemy : Infinite amount of thugs with baseball bats, crow-bars, steel pipes, and other street weapons rushing at your character.
  • The Setting : Abandoned neighborhood with only you and the infinite thugs. Small places to move, but lots of places to go.
  • The Equipment : Katana sword, Desert Eagle(2 clips), and Throwing Knives(5). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options :You can modify your weapons in this scenario, but nothing can be stronger than a grenade launcher.

With these weapons, and equipped with his standard sneaking suit, Snake can last the 24 hours. He's proven capable of knocking an elite Genome Soldier out with a single strike; couple that with the fact that he is a crack shot, and an expert H2H combatant, and this is accomplished handily. Not to mention the fact that Snake is perfectly capable of just sluething around the whole time. If it's on his terms, none of these guys will ever even find him.

SCENARIO 1: CHECKPOINT 10. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Scenario 2

  • The Enemy : Infinite Spartans(from 300) rushing at you with shields at swords/spears, and rushing at your character.
  • The Setting : Desert with distant mountains far away. Plenty of space to move, but nowhere else to go and you are in the open. (no hiding places, etc.)
  • The Equipment : M1 Garand Carbine(10 clips), Short Sword, 2 Frag Grenades, Brass Knuckles. Standard iron helmet and chestplate.
  • Special Options : None. This is going to be a tough one.

A tough one indeed, but Snake can do it. I don't care if your Solid Snake, Batman, or Deathstroke; getting into a direct conflict with infinite Spartan Warriors in an open desert where you can easily be flanked is a bad idea.

Really, if these guys all start on one side, it's a simple matter of Snake just outrunning them. His stamina is basically unlimited, throughout the entire Metal Gear saga, there is one instance where Snake is openly tired, that's after fighting Liquid Ocelot at the end of MGS4. His speed and stamina should prove sufficient to outrun any Spartan warrior, couple that with the fact that they are in a crowd and, logically would get in each others way, and Snake can either A) make it to the mountains and find a place to hide out there, or B) just keep going till the enemy is forced to stop from exhaustion. Lobbing a grenade or an M1 burst every once in awhile for good measure, and they will never catch him.

SCENARIO 2: CHECKPOINT 10. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Scenario 3

  • The Enemy : Infinite Mafia gangsters armed with Tommy Machine Guns and Pistols and are in various areas surrounding you.
  • The Setting : Huge, but abandoned factory. (about the size of 2 football fields) Hooks and chains are found in the factory for improvising. (if needed)
  • The Equipment : M16 Rifle (20 clips), 5 grenades, and Dual Desert Eagles(5 clips per gun). Chest Kevlar.
  • Special Options : The hooks and chains around the factory for improvising. There is also a room with an iron door for a last stand.

A dark, wide, abanoned factory? Perfect place for stealth. With plenty of cover and darkness to conceal himself, Snake will do his best to just stay hidden the whole time. The length of two football fields is very long, plenty of places to go and hide. If it comes to a shootout, Snake is more than capable of taking out canon fodder until he has an opening to hide again.

SCENARIO 3: CHECKPOINT 10. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Scenario 4

  • The Enemy : 200 Specially trained, super deadly ninjas with Katanas, Throwing Knives, and Smoke Bombs. (bulletspeed reactions/reflexes)
  • The Setting : A huge balancing platform the size a football field. The flat, square platform is 5,000 feet in the air, so if you fall you will die.
  • The Equipment : Glock Pistol(20 clips), Dual Katanas, and small shield. Standard ninja uniform.
  • Special Options : For each 10 ninjas you kill, 1 will be revived to fight on your side.

Now things are getting intense. These ninjas seem like formidable foes, but Snake's usual canon fodder is nothing to laugh at (highly trained militia men, handpicked from various units for displaying superior combat ability, then genetically enhanced through gene therapy and nano machines). Again, I'm going to have to fall back on the patented stealth routine. Snake's accuracy is near perfect, and though he has a personal dislike for swords, his skill with them is commendable. A 5 minute crash course from him had Raiden deflecting bullets. What I'm thinking he'll do, is just sneak his way around, systematically eliminating one enemy at a time, slowly but surely building up his own force to counter attack. For every ninja that joins his side, they will go there own way, doing just as Snake himself is and sneakily taking others out so more will join there side. These ninjas will generally act as distractions to further take the heat off Snake, but at the same time they'll be building up his ranks with every enemy they kill. Eventually, Snake will have an army of his own to do the dirty work while he just finds a place to lay low.

SCENARIO 4: CHECKPOINT 10. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Scenario 5

  • The Enemy : Infinite amounts of thugs, 300 Spartans, and 100 specially trained ninjas. (w/ all equipment previously stated)
  • The Setting : Small, abandoned town. Houses are spread apart by one kilometer, and in between are crops.
  • The Equipment : Grenade Launcher(10 bullets), Dual Katanas, M16 Rifle(20 clips), and Desert Eagle(5 clips). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options : You can call in the help of one street leveler in the same comic series as your character.

Snake won't need any backup. He's got this covered. Snake has the speed to weave through point blank assault rifle fire, strength to instantly KO enemies with a single hit, and skill to systematically take down large groups of soldiers at the same time with his bare hands. As always, he'll keep a low profile, only fighting when neccesary, and biding his time until the 24 hours is up.

Watch until the 1 minute mark for examples of Snake's accuracy and strength. Then skip to 2:35. You see how badass the Cyborg Ninja is? Well, skip to 7:05 and you'll see how Snake deals with him.

SCENARIO 5: CHECKPOINT 10. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENTS:

"Fine Like This" - Do not use any Special Options at all. - AQUIRED

Unneeded Difficulties - Use a character below Street Level. - AQUIRED

Survivor - Survive 24 hours on each Scenario. - AQUIRED

No Extra Help - Don't use help from another competitor. - AQUIRED

Ultimate Badass - Survive 24 hours on each scenario with a character below street level and not using Special Options and help from competitor. - AQUIRED

There. Checkpoint 10 reached in all scenarios, no special options, no help at all whatsoever. All achievements unlocked, and throughough explanations for each. Go ahead and add me to the "win" list :P

#43 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@deadpoolrules: It is both Scenarios. (or only one depending on which one you want)

I still think the MJOLNIR armor is too durable. I'll give you the ODST armor though.

Thanks,ODST still a good one.

Brofist partner(both rounds,right?)

#44 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolrules: Oh yeah. I totally did that fist thing... ohhhhh geez.

#45 Posted by God_Spawn (35985 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd consider diamond formed Frost a street leveler due to her overall stat level which should fit in a street level category, save for durability. Her strength is hardly a 2 tonner, her speed agility and reflexes aren't that enhanced at all. So her overall level in this form should fit it if people consider Wolverine a street even with healing and ady.

Scenario 1
  • The Enemy :
  • Infinite amount of thugs with baseball bats, crow-bars, steel pipes, and other street weapons rushing at your character.
  • The Setting :
  • Abandoned neighborhood with only you and the infinite thugs. Small places to move, but lots of places to go.
  • The Equipment
  • : Katana sword, Desert Eagle(2 clips), and Throwing Knives(5). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options
  • :You can modify your weapons in this scenario, but nothing can be stronger than a grenade launcher.

Emma's durability and limitless stamina should carry her to win. Between her strength, skill that is high enough to lay plenty of ballshots on some of the fodder thugs with weapons that won't even scratch her, she can do this round easily.

Scenario 2
  • The Enemy :
  • Infinite Spartans(from 300) rushing at you with shields at swords/spears, and rushing at your character.
  • The Setting :
  • Desert with distant mountains far away. Plenty of space to move, but nowhere else to go and you are in the open. (no hiding places, etc.)
  • The Equipment
  • : M1 Garand Carbine(10 clips), Short Sword, 2 Frag Grenades, Brass Knuckles. Standard iron helmet and chestplate.
  • Special Options
  • : None. This is going to be a tough one

Same as the first one, though Emma takes out less people. She will probably get overwhelmed here but their weapons aren't sharp enough to cut her and her durability is still too high. She can last the 24 hours on her durability alone.

Scenario 3
  • The Enemy :
  • Infinite Mafia gangsters armed with Tommy Machine Guns and Pistols and are in various areas surrounding you.
  • The Setting :
  • Huge, but abandoned factory. (about the size of 2 football fields) Hooks and chains are found in the factory for improvising. (if needed)
  • The Equipment :
  • M16 Rifle (20 clips), 5 grenades, and Dual Desert Eagles(5 clips per gun). Chest Kevlar.
  • Special Options :
  • The hooks and chains around the factory for improvising. There is also a room with an iron door for a last stand.

This round is easier than the second for me. Emma is bulletproof.

The only way the bullets would be a bother is if they were like the diamond bullet and the mob knew her shatterpoint which they don't so she should be perfectly fine. She was fine with charging in against WWH and soaking his hits in this form, but just was too weak to produce damage. I see no reason she can't just put her back to a wall and soak all the bullets then or, run in and start taking them out. She should be able to KO any one of them in a single hit considering how fodder is treated.

Scenario 4
  • The Enemy :
  • 200 Specially trained, super deadly ninjas with Katanas, Throwing Knives, and Smoke Bombs. (bulletspeed reactions/reflexes)
  • The Setting :
  • A huge balancing platform the size a football field. The flat, square platform is 5,000 feet in the air, so if you fall you will die.
  • The Equipment :
  • Glock Pistol(20 clips), Dual Katanas, and small shield. Standard ninja uniform.
  • Special Options :
  • For each 10 ninjas you kill, 1 will be revived to fight on your side.

This round should be her hardest one due to the setting. Emma isn't completely helpless in h2h as she was fighting lizard creatures with just h2h and then faced a lizard Gambit, Storm and Wolverine in DF with just h2h. She also held her own against Bishop and Sage in h2h. She was a decent fencer in her youth so a katana may be unfamiliar but it a sword so she has some background in swordplay.

I think her durability again will be the deciding factor as again they can't hurt her, but they can overwhelm her. The ninjas may be faster but they will be coming in all over the place so she should tag some of them and she does have the strength edge and can keep going indefinitely. The only reason I may say she could lose this is if the ninjas swarm her off the edge, but like I said, she does have some skill to her name she has faced fodder opponents and even ones with enhanced stats just not this many. If she can stay in the center and use her stats to her edge and keep the ninjas at bay or kill the ones closest, she could kill all of them with a lot of effort or at least survive the 24 hours. She may have to use the special option this round though.

Scenario 5
  • The Enemy :
  • Infinite amounts of thugs, 300 Spartans, and 100 specially trained ninjas. (w/ all equipment previously stated)
  • The Setting :
  • Small, abandoned town. Houses are spread apart by one kilometer, and in between are crops.
  • The Equipment :
  • Grenade Launcher(10 bullets), Dual Katanas, M16 Rifle(20 clips), and Desert Eagle(5 clips). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options :
  • You can call in the help of one street leveler in the same comic series as your character.

Durability, yet again to last the 24 hours.

So yeah. Emma's overall stats should place her in SL but her key one in durability should allow her to survive the onslaught of opponents. My only hesitation is round four just due to the setting but I at least tried making a case to keep her in the game and I think she could win if she plays it right and stays centered.

Moderator
#46 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Colossus is not street level. There is absolutely nothing any of the opposition can do to him.

OP needs to set some restrictions against cop outs like Kitty Pryde. That said, I give you props ComicGeek, this is awesome.

Now for my character... well, if you know me, you'll already of known who I'd pick.

Yup, Solid mothertuggun' Snake. This is gonna be pretty tough but... I'll take it one step at a time.

Scenario 1

  • The Enemy : Infinite amount of thugs with baseball bats, crow-bars, steel pipes, and other street weapons rushing at your character.
  • The Setting : Abandoned neighborhood with only you and the infinite thugs. Small places to move, but lots of places to go.
  • The Equipment : Katana sword, Desert Eagle(2 clips), and Throwing Knives(5). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options :You can modify your weapons in this scenario, but nothing can be stronger than a grenade launcher.

With these weapons, and equipped with his standard sneaking suit, Snake can last the 24 hours. He's proven capable of knocking an elite Genome Soldier out with a single strike; couple that with the fact that he is a crack shot, and an expert H2H combatant, and this is accomplished handily. Not to mention the fact that Snake is perfectly capable of just sluething around the whole time. If it's on his terms, none of these guys will ever even find him.

SCENARIO 1: CHECKPOINT 10. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Scenario 2

  • The Enemy : Infinite Spartans(from 300) rushing at you with shields at swords/spears, and rushing at your character.
  • The Setting : Desert with distant mountains far away. Plenty of space to move, but nowhere else to go and you are in the open. (no hiding places, etc.)
  • The Equipment : M1 Garand Carbine(10 clips), Short Sword, 2 Frag Grenades, Brass Knuckles. Standard iron helmet and chestplate.
  • Special Options : None. This is going to be a tough one.

A tough one indeed, but Snake can do it. I don't care if your Solid Snake, Batman, or Deathstroke; getting into a direct conflict with infinite Spartan Warriors in an open desert where you can easily be flanked is a bad idea.

Really, if these guys all start on one side, it's a simple matter of Snake just outrunning them. His stamina is basically unlimited, throughout the entire Metal Gear saga, there is one instance where Snake is openly tired, that's after fighting Liquid Ocelot at the end of MGS4. His speed and stamina should prove sufficient to outrun any Spartan warrior, couple that with the fact that they are in a crowd and, logically would get in each others way, and Snake can either A) make it to the mountains and find a place to hide out there, or B) just keep going till the enemy is forced to stop from exhaustion. Lobbing a grenade or an M1 burst every once in awhile for good measure, and they will never catch him.

SCENARIO 2: CHECKPOINT 10. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Scenario 3

  • The Enemy : Infinite Mafia gangsters armed with Tommy Machine Guns and Pistols and are in various areas surrounding you.
  • The Setting : Huge, but abandoned factory. (about the size of 2 football fields) Hooks and chains are found in the factory for improvising. (if needed)
  • The Equipment : M16 Rifle (20 clips), 5 grenades, and Dual Desert Eagles(5 clips per gun). Chest Kevlar.
  • Special Options : The hooks and chains around the factory for improvising. There is also a room with an iron door for a last stand.

A dark, wide, abanoned factory? Perfect place for stealth. With plenty of cover and darkness to conceal himself, Snake will do his best to just stay hidden the whole time. The length of two football fields is very long, plenty of places to go and hide. If it comes to a shootout, Snake is more than capable of taking out canon fodder until he has an opening to hide again.

SCENARIO 3: CHECKPOINT 10. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Scenario 4

  • The Enemy : 200 Specially trained, super deadly ninjas with Katanas, Throwing Knives, and Smoke Bombs. (bulletspeed reactions/reflexes)
  • The Setting : A huge balancing platform the size a football field. The flat, square platform is 5,000 feet in the air, so if you fall you will die.
  • The Equipment : Glock Pistol(20 clips), Dual Katanas, and small shield. Standard ninja uniform.
  • Special Options : For each 10 ninjas you kill, 1 will be revived to fight on your side.

Now things are getting intense. These ninjas seem like formidable foes, but Snake's usual canon fodder is nothing to laugh at (highly trained militia men, handpicked from various units for displaying superior combat ability, then genetically enhanced through gene therapy and nano machines). Again, I'm going to have to fall back on the patented stealth routine. Snake's accuracy is near perfect, and though he has a personal dislike for swords, his skill with them is commendable. A 5 minute crash course from him had Raiden deflecting bullets. What I'm thinking he'll do, is just sneak his way around, systematically eliminating one enemy at a time, slowly but surely building up his own force to counter attack. For every ninja that joins his side, they will go there own way, doing just as Snake himself is and sneakily taking others out so more will join there side. These ninjas will generally act as distractions to further take the heat off Snake, but at the same time they'll be building up his ranks with every enemy they kill. Eventually, Snake will have an army of his own to do the dirty work while he just finds a place to lay low.

SCENARIO 4: CHECKPOINT 10. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Scenario 5

  • The Enemy : Infinite amounts of thugs, 300 Spartans, and 100 specially trained ninjas. (w/ all equipment previously stated)
  • The Setting : Small, abandoned town. Houses are spread apart by one kilometer, and in between are crops.
  • The Equipment : Grenade Launcher(10 bullets), Dual Katanas, M16 Rifle(20 clips), and Desert Eagle(5 clips). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options : You can call in the help of one street leveler in the same comic series as your character.

Snake won't need any backup. He's got this covered. Snake has the speed to weave through point blank assault rifle fire, strength to instantly KO enemies with a single hit, and skill to systematically take down large groups of soldiers at the same time with his bare hands. As always, he'll keep a low profile, only fighting when neccesary, and biding his time until the 24 hours is up.

Watch until the 1 minute mark for examples of Snake's accuracy and strength. Then skip to 2:35. You see how badass the Cyborg Ninja is? Well, skip to 7:05 and you'll see how Snake deals with him.

SCENARIO 5: CHECKPOINT 10. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENTS:

"Fine Like This" - Do not use any Special Options at all. - AQUIRED

Unneeded Difficulties - Use a character below Street Level. - AQUIRED

Survivor - Survive 24 hours on each Scenario. - AQUIRED

No Extra Help - Don't use help from another competitor. - AQUIRED

Ultimate Badass - Survive 24 hours on each scenario with a character below street level and not using Special Options and help from competitor. - AQUIRED

There. Checkpoint 10 reached in all scenarios, no special options, no help at all whatsoever. All achievements unlocked, and throughough explanations for each. Go ahead and add me to the "win" list :P

I made it so that if anyone uses Colossus it is only him without the metal skin. (he can keep his skills and his strength is nerfed to 50 tons)

Scenario 1 : You cleared.

Scenario 2 : You cleared. He also has superhuman reflexes which will help if they get close to him, and he is shown to be able to jump high and impressive H2H combat in the games.

Scenario 3 : It's actually a regular factory. Places to hide, yes, but dark and shadowy, no. I agree with the hiding part, but I think an infinite Mafia gangsters could track him down in most hiding spots. You haven't lost, but you haven't won. Tighten that flaw and you win Scenario 3.

Scenario 4 : You cleared. It would be tough though, and Solid Snake would certainly be injured.

Scenario 5 : You cleared. I think Solid Snake might die a couple minutes after the battle though. It is a lot more difficult than you think. 300 Spartans sounds a lot more than you think and 100 ninjas with infinite thugs is a lot to handle.

So your only problem is Scenario 3.

#47 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: deadpoolrules and i are teaming up ok. Can I use ODST armor too or do I have to find my own?

#48 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobiwankenobi: Yes you can.

@god_spawn said:

I'd consider diamond formed Frost a street leveler due to her overall stat level which should fit in a street level category, save for durability. Her strength is hardly a 2 tonner, her speed agility and reflexes aren't that enhanced at all. So her overall level in this form should fit it if people consider Wolverine a street even with healing and ady.

Scenario 1
  • The Enemy :
  • Infinite amount of thugs with baseball bats, crow-bars, steel pipes, and other street weapons rushing at your character.
  • The Setting :
  • Abandoned neighborhood with only you and the infinite thugs. Small places to move, but lots of places to go.
  • The Equipment
  • : Katana sword, Desert Eagle(2 clips), and Throwing Knives(5). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options
  • :You can modify your weapons in this scenario, but nothing can be stronger than a grenade launcher.

Emma's durability and limitless stamina should carry her to win. Between her strength, skill that is high enough to lay plenty of ballshots on some of the fodder thugs with weapons that won't even scratch her, she can do this round easily.

Scenario 2
  • The Enemy :
  • Infinite Spartans(from 300) rushing at you with shields at swords/spears, and rushing at your character.
  • The Setting :
  • Desert with distant mountains far away. Plenty of space to move, but nowhere else to go and you are in the open. (no hiding places, etc.)
  • The Equipment
  • : M1 Garand Carbine(10 clips), Short Sword, 2 Frag Grenades, Brass Knuckles. Standard iron helmet and chestplate.
  • Special Options
  • : None. This is going to be a tough one

Same as the first one, though Emma takes out less people. She will probably get overwhelmed here but their weapons aren't sharp enough to cut her and her durability is still too high. She can last the 24 hours on her durability alone.

Scenario 3
  • The Enemy :
  • Infinite Mafia gangsters armed with Tommy Machine Guns and Pistols and are in various areas surrounding you.
  • The Setting :
  • Huge, but abandoned factory. (about the size of 2 football fields) Hooks and chains are found in the factory for improvising. (if needed)
  • The Equipment :
  • M16 Rifle (20 clips), 5 grenades, and Dual Desert Eagles(5 clips per gun). Chest Kevlar.
  • Special Options :
  • The hooks and chains around the factory for improvising. There is also a room with an iron door for a last stand.

This round is easier than the second for me. Emma is bulletproof.

The only way the bullets would be a bother is if they were like the diamond bullet and the mob knew her shatterpoint which they don't so she should be perfectly fine. She was fine with charging in against WWH and soaking his hits in this form, but just was too weak to produce damage. I see no reason she can't just put her back to a wall and soak all the bullets then or, run in and start taking them out. She should be able to KO any one of them in a single hit considering how fodder is treated.

Scenario 4
  • The Enemy :
  • 200 Specially trained, super deadly ninjas with Katanas, Throwing Knives, and Smoke Bombs. (bulletspeed reactions/reflexes)
  • The Setting :
  • A huge balancing platform the size a football field. The flat, square platform is 5,000 feet in the air, so if you fall you will die.
  • The Equipment :
  • Glock Pistol(20 clips), Dual Katanas, and small shield. Standard ninja uniform.
  • Special Options :
  • For each 10 ninjas you kill, 1 will be revived to fight on your side.

This round should be her hardest one due to the setting. Emma isn't completely helpless in h2h as she was fighting lizard creatures with just h2h and then faced a lizard Gambit, Storm and Wolverine in DF with just h2h. She also held her own against Bishop and Sage in h2h. She was a decent fencer in her youth so a katana may be unfamiliar but it a sword so she has some background in swordplay.

I think her durability again will be the deciding factor as again they can't hurt her, but they can overwhelm her. The ninjas may be faster but they will be coming in all over the place so she should tag some of them and she does have the strength edge and can keep going indefinitely. The only reason I may say she could lose this is if the ninjas swarm her off the edge, but like I said, she does have some skill to her name she has faced fodder opponents and even ones with enhanced stats just not this many. If she can stay in the center and use her stats to her edge and keep the ninjas at bay or kill the ones closest, she could kill all of them with a lot of effort or at least survive the 24 hours. She may have to use the special option this round though.

Scenario 5
  • The Enemy :
  • Infinite amounts of thugs, 300 Spartans, and 100 specially trained ninjas. (w/ all equipment previously stated)
  • The Setting :
  • Small, abandoned town. Houses are spread apart by one kilometer, and in between are crops.
  • The Equipment :
  • Grenade Launcher(10 bullets), Dual Katanas, M16 Rifle(20 clips), and Desert Eagle(5 clips). No armor whatsoever.
  • Special Options :
  • You can call in the help of one street leveler in the same comic series as your character.

Durability, yet again to last the 24 hours.

So yeah. Emma's overall stats should place her in SL but her key one in durability should allow her to survive the onslaught of opponents. My only hesitation is round four just due to the setting but I at least tried making a case to keep her in the game and I think she could win if she plays it right and stays centered.

I'll have to get back on your tomorrow. I have to go and I can use my iPad, but that won't be enough to construct a good explanation on if you clear or not.

#49 Posted by nickzambuto (11471 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

I made it so that if anyone uses Colossus it is only him without the metal skin. (he can keep his skills and his strength is nerfed to 50 tons)

Scenario 1 : You cleared.

Scenario 2 : You cleared. He also has superhuman reflexes which will help if they get close to him, and he is shown to be able to jump high and impressive H2H combat in the games.

Scenario 3 : It's actually a regular factory. Places to hide, yes, but dark and shadowy, no. I agree with the hiding part, but I think an infinite Mafia gangsters could track him down in most hiding spots. You haven't lost, but you haven't won. Tighten that flaw and you win Scenario 3.

Scenario 4 : You cleared. It would be tough though, and Solid Snake would certainly be injured.

Scenario 5 : You cleared. I think Solid Snake might die a couple minutes after the battle though. It is a lot more difficult than you think. 300 Spartans sounds a lot more than you think and 100 ninjas with infinite thugs is a lot to handle.

So your only problem is Scenario 3.

Well, it's not like Snake is completely dependent on darkness to hide. He's a lot more versatile than that. Shadow Moses Island wasn't exactly having a power outage now was it? Same goes for MGS4. And the Big Shell was purposely meant by the developers to be bright and colorful. Not to mention, if Snake is found (which he probably will be a few times I admit) he can fight his way out until he can hide again.

#50 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolrules: Sweet our partnership is now official.