#1 Edited by Skyfather (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Random encounter, takes place inside the Roman colliseum.

Winner is best two out of three (to the death).

No BFR allowed.

Holocaust is AoA (Earth 295) version, armored.

Doomsday is Death of Superman version.

#2 Posted by matmatxm8 (587 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday is unkillable, the only way to get rid of him is to trap him in a dimension beyond time

#3 Posted by Skyfather (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@matmatxm8: I was under the impression that Doomsday could be killed, or brought to a state of near death (incapacitated), as he was in the DoS storyline, only to revive himself and evolve with a powerful resistance against whatever it was that formerly harmed him. I am also reading conflicting theories, some of them on this site itself, alluding to the "Death" of Doomsday.

"Doomsday was intended to be a perfect being, and live forever using induced evolution to defy death. It finally got to the point where Berton wasn't needed to revive him through cloning. Though it cost him his life, Bertron succeeded in altering The Ultimate Lifeform's DNA so that the creature could regenerate each time he was killed."

" Finally, both combatants dealt fatal headshots to the other simultaneously, ending the colossal war."

are two examples, for instance, explicitly inferring Doomsday's death and subsequent resurrection, taken from Doomsday's bio here http://www.comicvine.com/doomsday/29-9989/.

It was for that very reason that I included this infant variation of Doomsday, the Doomsday of the DoS storyline, that had not made himself completely immune to death as you have informed me he (now?) is.

#4 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday. Wasn't Holcaust beaten by King Hyperion ?

#5 Posted by Skyfather (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: I haven't read the issue but the manner in which his death was described seems like PiS to me. AoA Holocaust seemed the same tier of badass in the AoA story arc as Doomsday in DoS. It is perfectly possible, however, that this fight is not as close as I had originally imagined.

#6 Posted by Dernman (14901 posts) - - Show Bio

King Hyperion absorbed Holocaust into himself. No matter who you think wins Doomsday couldn't win that way.

#7 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Doomsday, but I don't know much about Holocaust, other than he worked with Apocalypse.

#8 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skyfather: I see.

@Dernman said:

King Hyperion absorbed Holocaust into himself. No matter who you think wins Doomsday couldn't win that way.

I guess

#9 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeanroygrant: Yeah, King Hyperion essentially "sniffed" his energy form after cracking open his suit:

#10 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Doomsday can certainly breach Holocaust's armor. After that happens, Holocaust will begin to exist as pure energy. It is important to note that Holocaust can not last very long in such a state. So, Doomsday will most likely win this battle.

#11 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday.

#12 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Holocaust doesn't the the feats to keep up with Doomsday.

#13 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: You don't think Doomsday can replicate that ?

#14 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeanroygrant: Doomsday will definitely win the fight, but I dunno if he'd resort to "snorting" Holocaust. 

Possibly...maybe...I don't know.
#15 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday.

#16 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame said:

Well, Doomsday can certainly breach Holocaust's armor. After that happens, Holocaust will begin to exist as pure energy. It is important to note that Holocaust can not last very long in such a state. So, Doomsday will most likely win this battle.

This sounds like the best argument to me. But I did want clear some things up:

1) DoS Doomsday did not fight a very powerful incarnation of Superman. DoS Supes had trouble lifting cruise ships back then. Doomsday beat Maxima, Booster Gold, Wally, and I think Guy Gardner, and thats probably his highest showing. Booster Gold claims DD was faster then the Flash, however the Flash back then was just over SuperSonic, and DD has no real speed feats.

2) The reason DD is inconsistent in description is that both the "evolves to be immune to whatever has killed him" and the "evolves during a fight to overcome vulnerabilites" are concepts introduced after DoS, and in explored in separate books.

But, to give the full canon picture, DD can evolve to combat external stimuli, like when Superman was using sonics, and he evolved bone ear plugs. Also, based on what he is, a perfect engine of evolution, whenever something kills him he evolves so that that thing can never kill him again. THIS IS OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD, and ive made mistakes before, but I think the most pertinent books for these two abilities are "Doomsday Year One" and "Superman/Doomsday Hunter/Prey".

None of that was shown in DoS Doomsday, though I guess it was retconned into him, so eh.

#17 Posted by Nefarious (19549 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday would crush Holocaust. 

#18 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

@jeanroygrant: Doomsday will definitely win the fight, but I dunno if he'd resort to "snorting" Holocaust. Possibly...maybe...I don't know.

Lol, I see

#19 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

@HulkSlayerT1000 said:

Doomsday.

#20 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say Doomsday as he is a power house. Just not sure how it will play out with Holocaust. 
I know it was shown in H/P Doomsday that he was taken down by a energy like being known as the Radiant, which Doomsday later evolved a counter measure against.  

#21 Posted by iHailCarlo (94 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't kill Doomsday, so he wins!

#22 Posted by entropy_aegis (15098 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate Doomsday but he wins,he's beaten energy characters like Eradicator and Radiant.

#23 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday