• 69 results
#1 Edited by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

Hogwarts has all students up until year 7. 
They can use all spells.  (Except for the controlling spell)
Their only equipment is their wands and they have 1 invisibility cloak. 

Jedi Academy has everyone that is considered a padawan. 
They can use Force Push and Force Pull
They have their lighsabers. 

CHB has all of their campers from the 5 books (Including Nico)
They can use all of the magic they know. (Percy is book 5 level but does not have Curse of Achilles)
They have all of their equipment.

The fight takes place on a 3 mile wide battlefield. 

Who wins?

#2 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just a rip-off of the Hogwarts vs Jedi Academy thread that is still being debated.

#3 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio
@(((Prodigy))) said:
" This is just a rip-off of the Hogwarts vs Jedi Academy thread that is still being debated. "
I am not ripping it off.
I am simply adding another obstacle for the two to go through. 
Calling this a rip off would be like calling a thread like Iron Fist vs. Black Panther vs. Batman a ripoff of Iron Fist vs. Batman or Iron Fist vs. Black Panther. 
Just because I add someone to the battle doesn't necessarily make it a rip off.
Especially since I changed some of the rules and the OP is different.
#4 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#5 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

Hogwarts still win, all magic includes the forbidden ones where you can control people, kill them etc etc.
#6 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with the Padawans here. Since there are no longer younglings, I think their forces are increased as compared to the other thread. Not every wizard is a killer so it's just a percentage that would go for the kill.. Same thing goes with the Padawans who would surely have some "Sith-potentials" that are willing to kill when not guided in the "light" direction. Percy team.... Ummm... I don't like that series of books so I have not much knowledge of them...

#7 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with the demigods! They can control the elements, they are strong, very well trained, smart, fierce, and awesome. Wands can be broken, Padawans that aren't skywalker suck. 

#8 Posted by HolySerpent (12542 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:
"I'm going with the Padawans here. Since there are no longer younglings, I think their forces are increased as compared to the other thread. Not every wizard is a killer so it's just a percentage that would go for the kill.. Same thing goes with the Padawans who would surely have some "Sith-potentials" that are willing to kill when not guided in the "light" direction. Percy team.... Ummm... I don't like that series of books so I have not much knowledge of them... "

@ssejllenrad:

he rules states that they are only able to use force push or force pull
#9 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeanlucpicard said:
" Hogwarts still win, all magic includes the forbidden ones where you can control people, kill them etc etc. "
Percys group has arrows and stuff.
#10 Posted by bgibs13390 (877 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jedi take this. The wizards are going to be overwhelmed by the numbers of people because most of them only fight long range and the other two fight H2H but because there are so many more in this one I think the wizards cannot kill everyone before getting overwhelmed. I think the Jedi have a H2H advantage over the demigods. 

#11 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

Wizards have numerous abilities.  They can disarm, maim, KO, shrink, burn, teleport, read minds, etc.

So the Imperius curse isn't allowed.....does that mean the Cruciatis Curse and Avada Kedavra are allowed?

#12 Posted by Nefarious (20340 posts) - - Show Bio

Then again, Jedi Academy still wins.

#13 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it. Between expelliarmus, stupefy, and a body-bind hex thats ALL they need to completely wipe out the Jedi. Even fourth year students should know those 3. Add in apparation and on a 3 mile wide battlefield they take this.

#14 Posted by BattleHeiz (642 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpoolvironfist said:
" Hogwarts has all students up until year 7.  They can use all spells.  (Except for the controlling spell)Their only equipment is their wands and they have 1 invisibility cloak.   Jedi Academy has everyone that is considered a padawan.  They can use Force Push and Force PullThey have their lighsabers.   CHB has all of their campers from the 5 books (Including Nico) They can use all of the magic they know. (Percy is book 5 level but does not have Curse of Achilles) They have all of their equipment.   The fight takes place on a 3 mile wide battlefield.   Who wins? "

No give him curse of Achilles cause Jedi's stomp

#15 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

Jedi Academy, too many different species of Jedi participate.

#16 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio
@cpt_linger: What does different species have to do with anything?

@BattleHeiz: How?
#17 Posted by HolySerpent (12542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious:
they didnt win the first battle. the wizards still win
#18 Posted by Malonius (886 posts) - - Show Bio

should throw in Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters while you're at it.  Such chaos. Are numbers and ages equal from the different schools? 

Obi Wan was a Padawan in Phantom Menace and Anakin was a Padawan in AOTC. Padawans could be up to 10 years older than the school kids and depending on which Star Wars era, there could be hundreds of 20-30 year old battle tested Jedi Padawans. Not very fair.

#19 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to say how it would really go since certain individuals from each different groups are all at different levels of ability. There's a big difference between wizards like Harry and Hermione and Neville Longbottom. Just like there are Jedi with good feats and others without and so on.

#20 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio
@one_upper:
Zelosian initiates will run rings around these kids. Before they've even reached for their wands they will be headless.
#21 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio
@cpt_linger:  They'd have to start out within 20 feet to have a chance. This is a 3 mile wide battlefield, the Wizards will be fine.
#22 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides how many Zelosians do you think would be in the Jedi Academy at any one time? Not many. There are no notable Jedi that were Zelosians. In fact they don't have blood so how would they have Midi-chlorians?

Also from what I've seen they don't have any remarkable traits like you're talking about.

#23 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio
@one_upper said:
" Wizards have numerous abilities.  They can disarm, maim, KO, shrink, burn, teleport, read minds, etc.  So the Imperius curse isn't allowed.....does that mean the Cruciatis Curse and Avada Kedavra are allowed? "
Yes they are.
#24 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this whole thing kinda contradictory? Don't they become Padawans when they leave the Academy because they are chosen as an Apprentice?

#25 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio
@one_upper said:
" Isn't this whole thing kinda contradictory? Don't they become Padawans when they leave the Academy because they are chosen as an Apprentice? "
I thought they were padawans while they were being trained?
Well maybe not.
I can just switch it to younglings.
#26 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe they become a Padawan when a Jedi Knight decides to take them as an apprentice, upon which they leave the Jedi Academy.

If it's younglings they get slaughtered IMO.

#27 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio
@one_upper said:

"Besides how many Zelosians do you think would be in the Jedi Academy at any one time? Not many. There are no notable Jedi that were Zelosians. In fact they don't have blood so how would they have Midi-chlorians? Also from what I've seen they don't have any remarkable traits like you're talking about. "

No Zelsians at the Jedi Academy? That's not a very wise assumption don't you think? And they have many remarkable traits, notably their speed and agility,  two of the prime traits towards combat with a light saber.  

If we are talking about the Jedi Academy, then it would be wise to assume that there will be a mix of species, Wookies and even Hutts (Jabba the) can be trained as Jedi a long with Celegians, Wol Cabasshites, Chadra-fans the list goes on. A lot of the species have extroadinary traits and it may not even be neccesary for them to be trained in the force.  
#28 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio
@cpt_linger: They have no blood which means they have no Midi-chlorians, which means they wouldn't have been brought to the Jedi Academy in the first place. Besides the fact there has never been a Zelosian Jedi ever mentioned is pretty good proof there wouldn't be that many of them at the academy. Not all species have the ability to be Jedi, and without attunement to the force they would never be chosen as candidates for the Academy.
#29 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio
@one_upper said:
" @cpt_linger: They have no blood which means they have no Midi-chlorians, which means they wouldn't have been brought to the Jedi Academy in the first place. Besides the fact there has never been a Zelosian Jedi ever mentioned is pretty good proof there wouldn't be that many of them at the academy. Not all species have the ability to be Jedi, and without attunement to the force they would never be chosen as candidates for the Academy. "

Zelosian was an example, a poor one at that. This doesn't close the door for the possibities of many other species being trained. I could spit you out a loong list of "aliens" that can be trained with the force. There are many different types each with impressive abilities of their own, youngling or not.
#30 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio
@cpt_linger: I still don't see that as a viable basis for the argument that the Jedi Academy wins.
#31 Posted by Nefarious (20340 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent: The Wizards suck. Their magic is ridiculous.
#32 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious: Ok. So do you have anything objective to say, or are you here to just be ignorant and biased?
#33 Posted by Nefarious (20340 posts) - - Show Bio
@one_upper: Not yet. I'm just sharing my dislike for Harry Potter.
#34 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

Not liking something has nothing to do with the battle threads.

#35 Posted by Nefarious (20340 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, but it does. It's called opinions.

#36 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

Opinions have no place in debate. It's called objectivity.

#37 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody's giving Camp half Blood any credit!! Give them more credit people!!

#38 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio
@mewmdude77: 
Honestly I've never read the books only seen the movie so I'm not as knowledgeable as I wish. That's why I haven't mentioned them.
#39 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio
@mewmdude77 said:
" Nobody's giving Camp half Blood any credit!! Give them more credit people!! "
#40 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio
@one_upper said:
" @mewmdude77:  Honestly I've never read the books only seen the movie so I'm not as knowledgeable as I wish. That's why I haven't mentioned them. "
Well person can create hurricanes and make volcanoes explode. He can heal if he simply steps in a puddle.
Nico can summon the dead.
Leo can control fire.
Jason can fly and control lightning. 
Annabeth can go invisible.
#41 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

It's an interesting battle I'll give you that. There's a lot of different ways this could go.

#42 Posted by BattleHeiz (642 posts) - - Show Bio

@one_upper:

Wait first tell me what you mean by "They can use Force Push and Force Pull"?

Cause most of padawans can  use Force speed, Force sight, Battle Precognition, Force Jump, Mind tricks, Force cloak, Farsight and telepathy.

And lightsaber can cut through their swords

BTW is it luce possessed by Kronos or normal luke?

#43 Posted by HolySerpent (12542 posts) - - Show Bio
@one_upper said:
" It's an interesting battle I'll give you that. There's a lot of different ways this could go. "
its can we add tom riddle, snape and albus (when they were in ther teens and going to hogwarts)  in this battle.
#44 Edited by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent:
Those three were ridiculous. Tom Riddle was a more powerful wizard as a student than most ever become.
#45 Posted by *Infinity* (602 posts) - - Show Bio

I pick the jedi padawans  to win because the wizards are more long range and possess no very little to no H2H skills while the Jedi padawans and demi gods have long range as well as superb hand to hand skills; that gives them an advantage. If the Jedi had all their powers, even force speed they could probably take this quite easily. So I think it would come down to demi gods vs padawans. Padawans have much better long range capabilities than demi gods and a lightsaber in close quarters combat is going to more than likely trump whatever the demi gods have to offer. 

But a few questions id like answered is if a lightsaber can cut through mystical armor and weaponry like that used by the demi gods. Secondly, the species present in the group of padawans also plays a role. Certain species have different abilties like Zabraks have an extreme tolerance to pain, Ikotchi are natural telepaths without the force, and somebody above mentioned the speed of a Zelosian. These alone would give a decent edge but for now ill still stick with my answer of the padawans coming out on top.

#46 Posted by one_upper (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still confused by the fact it says Jedi Academy, but the team consists of Padawans.

#47 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio
@BattleHeiz said:
"

@one_upper:

Wait first tell me what you mean by "They can use Force Push and Force Pull"?

Cause most of padawans can  use Force speed, Force sight, Battle Precognition, Force Jump, Mind tricks, Force cloak, Farsight and telepathy.

And lightsaber can cut through their swords

BTW is it luce possessed by Kronos or normal luke?

"
Normal Luke
#48 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio
@*Infinity* said:
" I pick the jedi padawans  to win because the wizards are more long range and possess no very little to no H2H skills while the Jedi padawans and demi gods have long range as well as superb hand to hand skills; that gives them an advantage. If the Jedi had all their powers, even force speed they could probably take this quite easily. So I think it would come down to demi gods vs padawans. Padawans have much better long range capabilities than demi gods and a lightsaber in close quarters combat is going to more than likely trump whatever the demi gods have to offer.   But a few questions id like answered is if a lightsaber can cut through mystical armor and weaponry like that used by the demi gods. Secondly, the species present in the group of padawans also plays a role. Certain species have different abilties like Zabraks have an extreme tolerance to pain, Ikotchi are natural telepaths without the force, and somebody above mentioned the speed of a Zelosian. These alone would give a decent edge but for now ill still stick with my answer of the padawans coming out on top. "
Percy can make volcanoes explode.....he can create hurricanes......he can heal by simply stepping in a puddle of water.
Nico can summon the dead.
Jason can control electricity and flly.
Leo can control fire. 
Thalia can control electricity.
Piper has charmspeak.
Michael Yew has supersonic arrows.
Clarisse has superb fighting skills and an electric tipped spear.
Annabeth can go invisible. 
Beckendorf can create almost anything with his hands. 

And much more.

I honestly think Camp Half Blood could take them.
#49 Posted by goldenshot80 (7349 posts) - - Show Bio

Wizards vs Jedis vs Demigods. If there are God interruption Probally half blood. Without gods, maybe demigods could use their powers to somehow beat them. Its Chiron and Dionysus involve?

#50 Posted by Nefarious (20340 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I'll admit it............Hogwarts wins....*Rolls eyes*.