Hogwarts vs Full metal alchemist universe

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@walzo: ...Ok I am done your Fanboi meter is OVER 9000!

It takes ONE Wizard to cast all three of those, Three can cast them all instantly to create a barrier that turns any thing that enters it to DUST instantly. And NONE of them can defeat it because none of them use MAGIC, Not A ONE!.

Wrath being the Speedblitz guy would die INSTANTLY the moment he touched it. GONE, BYE BYE!
Lust.. GONE the moment she ties to put her finger through.
Envy.. useless he cannot intermingle, and he cannot physically touch any of them.
Sloth.. useless cannot touch them
Gluttony.. Dead the moment he tries to suck them in and catches a few of their AKs which he would be literally sucking inside him.
Greed.. useless cannot fight physically.
Pride can use his shadows, making him the ONLY useful one.

Roy.. cannot break the shield he has never shown magic and we have no proof he can break the barrier with an explosion or that his transfiguration can extend inside the barrier so no boiling anyone inside. Kimblee falls into the same pitfall he cannot transmute the barrier so no boom.. and while he might be able to try and do the ground. They could De-Transfigure his explosive alterations at the same time. McGonagall is a MASTER at Transfiguration.

I say the bullets cannot pass through because it keeps out physical objects as well as magical. We see thiswhen it destroys not just the person but their clothing as well.

So aside from Pride.. and maybe Gluttony none of the FMA can do shit to this barrier or anyone inside while they are free to rain AKs and other spells at them.

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@perpetr8rmike:

Do you really think that FMA is that dumb to just go blitzing all over the place into the shield? Nope. They will throw something at it and see that they would be useless. They would then retreat and then have Hogwarts go into the offensive, which would be met with death.

I'm not being a fanboy, you're just fishing for ANYTHING for Hogwarts to win.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@walzo: Anything.. I just provided an Ironclad reason that FMA would lose a fight. I didn't even mention that every soldier, Alchemist, etc who died would be raised up as an enemy to attack them with their own dead.

Hell they can just send the Armors, buffed with all sorts of Enchantments and you have yet to prove Gluttony can even devour enchantments into his false gate. Magic to the false gate could result in it devouring him who knows.

Since these armors are animated but not connected to any soul so scratching a seal could do nothing to them. They can make the armor unbreakable, they can make their weapons permanently stuck to their hands to prevent disarm. And their magic.. no alchemy to them because you have yet to prove they could break down magic in any form.

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Walzo

@perpetr8rmike:

No, you didn't. You haven't even watched Full Metal Alchemist, why are you arguing against them if you have no clue what they can do? All of your information is from wikis and don't even provide the whole story, your debating this because you don't want to see Harry Potter lose.

as for the zombie stuff, they can be taken care of easily.

Once again, you're fishing for ANYTHING when your saying that Gluttony couldn't BFR Armors, that makes no sense. You have no clue what you're saying, BFR and different dimensions don't even exist in Harry Potter.

Also, they are solid stone, Bradley cuts right through them.

As for a solid argument as to why FMA would beat Harry Potter, I and about 50 other people have stated our opinions, with like 3 people saying otherwise, including you. FMA has way too many major players, while Harry Potter may win in a numbers game, the significant people of FMA have proven themselves when they commited mass Genocide to an entire country. Kimblee can blow up large portions, Mustang can light them on fire, and everyone else can also help out. You still have no idea how anyone on the HP side would be defeating King Bradley, all you've been saying is some bullshit made up fact that he pauses, which he doesn't, ever. Greed is impervious to any spells since his skin is Graphene, even that one that you said could change him into a chicken, because that would require them to be fast enough to see him.

This comes down to Harry Potter way too slow to react to most of the power characters, no matter how many times you say shields are going to stop it, I've never seen a character in the Harry Potter U be able to take on anything too dangerous.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

@walzo: You have provided no proof that they can get past the defenses the Harry Potter crew can come up with. You have provided pictures of Bradley slaying people inside a building ok so what there are dozens of people who can do the same thing in half the time from HP. You have shown him deflecting bullets, they can deflect spells launched at one another in rapid succession while moving constantly either as smoke or themselves at top human speeds (Average Human) Your Fanboi statement is no one can see him which is false, or they would not be shooting at him.

Also as I stated unbreakable.. is unbreakable his sword would shatter on their armor.

I stated you have no proof Gluttony can use the False Gate on MAGIC, which you have not. I asked for Proof and have yet to get any.
I stated Greed is to easy to beat, his ability works by him transfiguring CARBON into new forms of CARBON, his Graphene form is still CARBON the most common thing they transfigure. And they all can transfigure living things to objects they practice from year one with Rats to Teacups. Which in FMA transmuting life to something like that.. kinda advanced.

Ok they committed Genocide.. so do the Death Eaters. What is the point in that argument btw?

You keep flipflopping btw on Bradly you state he never pauses, then he would hit shield. But then you state he would stop and throw something at it first to see what happened. So he STOPS and throws something. You think he is cool so you think he is untouchable. And btw I have seen FMA, not Brotherhood, keep meaning too but never got around to it.

If you cannot show them either Breaking Magic, Eatting Magic, Transfiguring Magic.. THEN THEY CANNOT DO IT you cannot make the assumption that they can.

So again I ask you, Provide proof that they can affect magic.

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Walzo

@perpetr8rmike:

My point for Bradley is that no one is going to be able to successfully tag him with a spell.

Fine, so they are BFR'd by Gluttony, and since magic doesn't exist in FMA, and that I don't see why magic makes a difference, this makes sense, stop being a fanboy.

Death Eaters have never committed genocide, get out of here with your nonsense.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about the giant shield they made in the 7th book, not some stupid shield made by a wizard. Even if they did throw something at him, Bradley is going to be able to dodge it. FMA is absolutely different to what Brotherhood is.

MAGIC DOESNT EXIST IN THAT UNIVERSE, HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO KNOW.

I'm done with this frustrating conversation. I'm going to gun for you from now on in all battle threads just because this WAS SO DAMN USELESS.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@walzo: So your stating that since it doesn't exist and they have never had to deal with it, it shouldn't affect them? Flawed logic.
And so am I btw, the shield they used in the seventh book (8th movie) is exactly what I brought up here. Any person passing through it dies.. anything attached to them say clothing is turned to dust with them. They cast that over the Entire School Grounds in moments, a smaller shield over just their side would take seconds at best.

Death Eaters have tried to wipe out Muggle-Borns from the Magical World, they have killed hundreds of Muggles and Muggle-Borns, along with Blood Traitors in the last war, and when Harry was a baby they killed Hundreds more. They have a high enough body count to warrant the title.

So what if they cannot tag him normally, The shield kills him, or if he stops at the shield to throw something they take the time to body lock him and levitate him into it.

You have failed brother, you cannot prove that they are either able to get past magic or affect it which means by the rules of Battle you cannot say they can just so your side wins. You cannot prove they are immune to magic, so you cannot claim they are.

Sorry we will have to disagree. But I have provided my view, and you provided your theories that Bradley is faster then anyone ever and can speed blitz the planet effortlessly. Your claims that Wizards who are practiced in Transfiguring one thing into another.. cannot do that to people simply because they are harder then diamonds. Your theory that Roy Mustang and Kimblee can kill anyone at will simply because they want too is flawed. Kimblee can make normal things explode for sure, but magic is the thing in question. Roy can make fire and burn things at will sure.. but can his control of Oxygen go into a magical barrier? You cannot prove this but you still say he kills everyone at will because he can.

Your theories and claims have all come down to. FMA is cooler so it wins. This is flawed.
And do not make threats to me or you will be reported.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and what where the soldiers reaction times? provide some proof that the were anything but average joes with guns.

Exactly. They were average joes with guns. They were unable to react at all. Now, tell me, how do the average joes with wands are going to react?

the reason harry cheated out of the Ak was the love sacriface. Lily did it. died willingly to protect him. He died to protect the school so only volde's fragment went through. none of the homunculi are gonna be dying for one another. i do see the elrics maybe using that.

This isn't said anywhere. The love sacrifice thing stopped protecting him when voldemort had the same blood as him. He even touched him without a problem. Even harry's 'calling the no. 4 house a home' enchantment broke on his birthday. He didn't have any more protections when he took an ak to the face. He died to protect school, exactly the same way lily died to protect him. But she didn't have two souls, you don't see her coming back, do you?

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1

Why must you hate on Hogwarts again?

Let's ask a series of questions.

1. Does Hogwarts have prep? If so, average joes with guns don't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

2. What can these people do against spells such as the hardening charm, stunning hexes, freezing charms, explosive and fire spells/charms. What can these people, if anything, do against that?

The love sacrifice thing stopped protecting him when voldemort had the same blood as him

There is a room in the Department of Mysteries that is kept locked at all times. It contains a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death, than human intelligence, than the forces of nature. It is also, perhaps, the most mysterious of the many subjects for study that reside there. It is the power held within that room that you possess in such quantities and which Voldemort has not at all."

-Albus Dumbledore.

That is why Voldemort was powerless against Harry. His mother sacrificed herself, that's a fact. Avada Kedavra could do nothing to Harry do to the sacrifice. That's a fact. You, yourself said that Voldemort was powerless against the ancient magic of the sacrifice.

Are you trying to debate the losing side, again?

You are two-faced, Aragorn. You made excellent points on Voldemort speedblitzing Harry before, yet your saying Hogwarts dies to average joes with guns. A Death eater once said it only took 1 curse to blow away a group of muggles.

You agreed: If Defensive charms and shield protections are up, Guns do not succeed. Stop going back on what you said before.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@walzo: Voldemort took over the entire British Government, why didn't average joes with guns pop him? They posed no threat to him.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@kingjohnrocks said:

@princearagorn1

Why must you hate on Hogwarts again?

Let's ask a series of questions.

1. Does Hogwarts have prep? If so, average joes with guns don't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

2. What can these people do against spells such as the hardening charm, stunning hexes, freezing charms, explosive and fire spells/charms. What can these people, if anything, do against that?

The love sacrifice thing stopped protecting him when voldemort had the same blood as him

There is a room in the Department of Mysteries that is kept locked at all times. It contains a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death, than human intelligence, than the forces of nature. It is also, perhaps, the most mysterious of the many subjects for study that reside there. It is the power held within that room that you possess in such quantities and which Voldemort has not at all."

-Albus Dumbledore.

That is why Voldemort was powerless against Harry. His mother sacrificed herself, that's a fact. Avada Kedavra could do nothing to Harry do to the sacrifice. That's a fact. You, yourself said that Voldemort was powerless against the ancient magic of the sacrifice.

Are you trying to debate the losing side, again?

You are two-faced, Aragorn. You made excellent points on Voldemort speedblitzing Harry before, yet your saying Hogwarts dies to average joes with guns. A Death eater once said it only took 1 curse to blow away a group of muggles.

You agreed: If Defensive charms and shield protections are up, Guns do not succeed. Stop going back on what you said before.

First, this is not the losing side. Not even close. I'm not hating it, I'm stopping useless overestimation. We don't even know when the hardening charm is taught. And no wizard in HP has ever entered a battle with an active charm. Never. There is either some problem with doing so, or it just doesn't occur to them. A swarm of bullets is far faster than any hex. How many people can put up a shield before bullets hit them? or do any other spell for that matter?

Also,I'm not saying the bullet will go through the shield. I am saying we have no idea how strong the shield is, hence if it can put out a rifle bullet. Average gun bullet is another thing.

Just stop with the two faced thing. I still say voldemort is capable of blitzing harry. The person mike is talking about is king bradley, a.k.a. wrath, someone he has no idea about, considering he has just 'read up' on him and compares his speed to batman and captain america.Not even close. The guy casually sails through bullets, and blitzes people, not just people, a well accomplished ninja,from over 50 feet away, and climbing a ladder equally high. Runs away from a point blank explosion, keeps up with two guys who dodge machine gun fire like nothing at once, and beats both of them.

Not to mention a kid called pride. he outright killed around 30 soldiers, who were ready with guns, before any of them could even fire a single shot. And his body was far away at the time. Say yourself, how exactly does any of the wizards do a spell, leave a spell, think of anything before getting blitzed?

And about the room from ministry, it was part 5. We're talking about the time he faced tom in forest, and ak only destroyed one of the souls. Harry's protections expired at the moment he turned 17,or when he left the dursley's for good. that's why they were so keen to move him. First, the sacrifice charm, which stopped voldemort from touching or dueling with him was taken out when they shared the same blood.

Edit: New avatar, I see.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is this even still going on

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well, some people think wrath is just as fast as batman, cap also think hogwarts can actually pull off a win.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I said I did not see Brotherhood he was Pride in the original and he was very good in that. I also not just wikied him but also found multiple clips on youtube.

I am not saying he is slow I am saying he could not blitz the flash which is basically how the last guy was making him out to be. He was talking like he could kill everyone but anyone blinked an eye. However, he is not close to that fast. Sorry but if people can follow your movements enough to try to swing their guns in your direction and follow you with bullets (I don't care if he dodged them they still had to aim at him for him to dodge it) he is not all the fast. He is near superhuman but not superhuman.

Yes students and weaker wizards need to say an incantation to use a spell. However, not everyone does. People like Dumbledore, Voldemort, Mcgonagall, and even Harry to a degree can cast spells without wand or word. Meaning they cast it at the speed of Thought, they think it.. it is cast. The wand is channeling device nothing more.

They could hit him with an impediment spell to literally throw a wall into his face at will should he be running at them. Of course there are FMA fans who think he could either pass through the spell or somehow go around it even if it was point blank in front of him.

There is also a misconception of what happens when you get stabbed or cut, you do not instantly die unless the injury is so severe as to reduce the blood to your brain quickly. Long enough for someone to think if not focus a spell or as I pointed out try to Apparition with him, leaving bit of him behind.

As I pointed out most spells can be cast non-verbally and without ever moving the wand. The shield spells require only require the person to point their wand, which they would have in their hands at the ready. Remember 30 seconds Prep time.. they can create the shield in that time before he can cross the battle field. If he hit the shield.. he DIES not he uses his speedblitzing powers combined with his ability to cut through God to win. It will not work. He DIES. Greed and Sloth same way if they tried to find a weak point in the shield they could be killed, hell if they are with him and stop seeing him die. They can be pulled in as they are stopping so not to hit the shield, Sloth if he was in full run.. dies he cannot stop quickly. Greed can be pulled in via a summoning, or a mix of levitation and summoning killing him too.

Now I know it seems to FMA fanbois (not Fanboys.. but Fanbois.. insane people) that Roy can cook the earth at will but he can't so shut up.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike: @kingjohnrocks:

before either of you ask for quotes that sacrifice protection was gone (but his calling no. 4 a home protection was still on) :

"You all know that on the night I lost my powers and

my body, I tried to kill him. His mother died in the attempt to save him - and unwittingly provided him with a protection I admit I had not foreseen. ... I could not touch the boy."

Voldemort raised one of his long white fingers and put it very close to Harry's cheek.

"His mother left upon him the traces other sacrifice. . . . This is old magic, I should have remembered it, I was foolish to overlook it... but no matter. I can touch him now." Harry felt the cold tip of the long white finger touch him

-Part 4, page 422.

The remaining protections break at the moment he's 17:

We can’t wait for the Trace to break, because the moment you turn seventeen you’ll lose all the protection your mother gave you. In short, Pius Thicknesse thinks he’s got you cornered good and proper"

-Mad eye, part 7, page 28

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: You are aware a spell cast once can be cast again if the situation is correct right? Lily died without defending herself, dieing to protect her son. This spell was ancient magic and protected Harry. Harry did the same to protect the students as Hogwarts. Now I admit the duel souls in one body was a real he went to the Kings Cross the fragment and he both 'kinda' died at that moment but he was given the choice to go back or cross over. He did not actually die he got damn close!

The stones however are not the same as what happened with Harry and Voldemorts fragment. The souls are trapped inside one vessel inside another. If they are hit there is no reason to believe that the stone would not be destroyed killing all the souls inside at once.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike:

I don't think anyone will mention he can blitz the flash. But he's fast enough to casually blitz any of the wizards here. Repeat: any, not all at once. He and pride consistantly kill around 20-30 people before they can do anything at all. I don't think the wizards move around in groups larger than that. Bradley was fighting ling/greed at the moment the people shot him. And he was literally standing in one place when they did. You see him literally moving at speed comparable to a bullet, that isn't peak human, son.

Of course the wand is a channeling device. But if they can blitz a dozen soldiers before anyone can pull a trigger, how do you think anyone is doing a spell, wandless or not? Meaning of blitzing is cutting your enemy down before he does anything. Like the way slade stopped zatana. She can do a lot of things. She can easily stop him if given the time, but she isn't given that. And wrath/pride is, much, much faster than slade. Also, Let me educate you a bit on wandless spells.. It's never mentioned that wandless spells are any faster, or the casting speed is increased in any way, just that it gives a split second advantage of surprise:

"Your adversary has no warning about what kind of magic you're about to perform," said Hermione, "which gives you a split-second advantage."

"An answer copied almost word for word from The Standard Book of Spells, Grade Six," said Snape dismissively (over in the corner, Malfoy sniggered), "but correct in essentials. Yes, those who progress in using magic without shouting incantations gain an element of surprise in their spell-casting.

Hermoine and snape: Part 6, page 225.

Repeat, a split-second advantage of surprise. It's not much help when you're getting shot. In a duel of curses, yes. But bullets are far, far faster than a curse, if the soldier and wizard start at the same time, bullet will hit you before the spell is even halfway complete. Try thinking of a curse and clicking a button (I wouldn't advice a trigger lol). There is nearly no difference in amount of time taken, but the bullet hits you near instantaneous. Curse can be dodged, consistently. Simple enough: curse is dodgeable, bullet is not.

Cutting normally leaves you alive, but when cut by a guy who slashes through stone blocks and walls? Nope. And ron passed out when he was injured by splinching. They're not going to apparate when cut by a master swordsman. Do you remember how the accio charm works? you have to focus, not just focus, focus a lot. And they haven't summoned anything heavier than a broom, a cup and a dictionary. Greed/ling himself is insanely fast as well, ling has kept up with bradley before, and outclassed envy, too.

well, looking at your points makes me wonder how you can call fma supporters fanboys, or fanbois, whatever.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike: I'm not sure what you're implying by 'a spell once cast can be cast again', it's kind of obvious.

The stones are not the same. Agreed. But that doesn't mean ak can beat them by default. It killed only one of the two souls present in a body, whether bound or not.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Yes Non-Verbal is still as fast as a normal spell. I never said it was not. I was talking of the multiple times we see either Dumbledore, or any other experienced Wizard perform magic without saying a word or even drawing their wand. It is automatic.

I am not claiming any of them are faster then a bullet. Did you read the OP.. 30 second Prep before the fight begins...
So let me be clear.

You are claiming that with 1714 Wizards/Witches standing there for 30 seconds.. NONE of them will cast a spell during those 30 seconds of Prep time?
Yes if its FMA vs Lobotomized Harry Potter then yes FMA wins.

Now if it is FMa vs Normal Harry Potter, I don't know if you guys think FMA is so cool that it makes everyone who sees any character Stunned, Awestruck and unable to move.. But its not true..

In 30 seconds they can cast quite a few spells considering most take roughly 1-2 seconds to perform MAX.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wondering assuming that Pride absorbed a couple of students would he be able to use magic?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike: I see, it's a general hp misconception that the non verbal spells are faster, though. I though it needed to be addressed.

It's 30 seconds of prep before the fight begins. It doesn't mean they will be casting actual combat spells in the time. Prep is generally utilised to strategise, or build traps or something like that. And what exactly are they going to cast in the time, in 30 seconds? More importantly, no wizard has ever utilised prep time before. Death eaters, with hours of time at ministry, just stood there and talked. Voldemort. Just appeared there and started fighting. Dumbledore. Just appeared and started fighting. the order was short on time, though, so they have an excuse. Again, death eaters, at bill's marriage. Death eaters, when they traced hp trio at the bar. Just attacked. Were they lobotomised? I don't recall that being mentioned. Except for once where they put up defensive charms on hogwarts, and awoke the statues. and even in that, they mostly just distributed people to guard various entrances. (The huge dome wasn't mentioned in the books. Nor was nevil taunting them.) The magic seems to be ill suited for prep.

Also, the discussion made me forget one of the major points, mentioned by the guy above. What if pride absorbs some students and starts shooting hexes? He ate gluttony, and could use his senses, he ate kimblee, and could use master level alchemy (Human transmutation). If he absorbs students, or teachers, he will be unstoppable. Literally.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@tohoma said:

Just wondering assuming that Pride absorbed a couple of students would he be able to use magic?

Why would he? Pride doesn't gain alchemy from absorbing alchemists. He only gained Gluttony's powers because they were both homonculi. He essentially absorbed Gluttony into himself. The same cannot be accomplished here.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people need to realize that an average wizard is not comparable to Dumbledore or Voldemort. With that said, I believe that Hogwarts would win in the end, but with very heavy casualties. Given that many on the Hogwart's team are either teenagers or monsters, they wouldn't fair well versus trained soldiers. They are just not physically or mentally disciplined enough to face a full out battle. I mean most of the people on Harry Potter team are civilians, while the FMA's entire team consists of veterans, who see bloodshed on near daily basis.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

Why would he? Pride doesn't gain alchemy from absorbing alchemists. He only gained Gluttony's powers because they were both homonculi. He essentially absorbed Gluttony into himself. The same cannot be accomplished here.

Didn't he absorb kimblee and gain alchemy? strong enough to force mustang into human transmutation? And if wrong, out of curiocity, why did he absorb kimblee at all, if it didn't increase his power?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@tohoma said:

Didn't he absorb kimblee and gain alchemy? strong enough to force mustang into human transmutation? And if wrong, out of curiocity, why did he absorb kimblee at all, if it didn't increase his power?

Well, I personally thought that Pride only gained his knowledge, but not his actual ability to do alchemy. I assumed that Pride drew the transmutation circle, but needed Mustang to instigate the reaction.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

This could possibly be true but it was never stated in the manga or anime that he was only able to use his abilities because he was a humonculli. But even if he doesn't obtain the ability to use magic he still obtains vital information about various spells, creatures, major players in this battle and not to mention he gains extra souls to keep him alive.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: @tohoma: Ugh. Now it's annoying me lol. Because I'm reading it again and it's unclear now (once I think about it even more) if Pride was the one did the reaction or Mustang. Because Wrath says they will force Mustang to open the gate, meaning they need him to do the reaction, but then they say Pride gained alchemist knowledge (i.e. can he do alchemy or not?).

Now this means I have to go look at the japanese text and infer for myself what it means.

No Caption Provided

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Dredeuced

@omgomgwtfwtf: They explain it off as the cost of a homunculus doing human transmutation was incredibly high -- Pride, who presumably had by far the most souls of any of them, was barely able to regenerate himself after doing the process. Father didn't want to do that in case he needed more philosopher's stones to contain god. It was much easier to just try to get some human transmutation alchemists through manipulation, since he had a hundred years before the next eclipse and all. When they came up one short, they forced the issue.

Pride probably knew how to do alchemy (he did absorb Kimblee, after all, and probably other alchemists before) but not Human Transmutation -- that's why he needed to absorb that gold tooth crazy doctor, or get Mustang to do it on his own (as he learned how to during his grievance over Hughes).

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's all right, happens to the best of us. have something to eat. Let's see, yes,...

No Caption Provided

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: The problem is that the scan I posted above says that they are going to force Mustang to open the gate. If Pride was to do human transmutation wouldn't the gate only open for him and not Mustang? From what I am able to infer so far is that Pride was somehow able to force Mustang to perform human transmutation against his will. I don't know, perhaps I'm over analyzing the scan.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: The problem is that the scan I posted above says that they are going to force Mustang to open the gate. If Pride was to do human transmutation wouldn't the gate only open for him and not Mustang? From what I am able to infer so far is that Pride was somehow able to force Mustang to perform human transmutation against his will. I don't know, perhaps I'm over analyzing the scan.

They needed a human being who had seen the truth. Human transmutation is the only way to see Truth -- Pride did a human transmutation with Roy at the center of it, Roy saw the truth, paid his price, and came back as a sacrifice. Pride clearly did the transmutation as he had to pay a much, much larger price than Roy (hundreds, maybe even thousands of souls out of his philosopher stone).

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

They needed a human being who had seen the truth. Human transmutation is the only way to see Truth -- Pride did a human transmutation with Roy at the center of it, Roy saw the truth, paid his price, and came back as a sacrifice. Pride clearly did the transmutation as he had to pay a much, much larger price than Roy (hundreds, maybe even thousands of souls out of his philosopher stone).

Not just that, didn't they need someone with a strong enough will to come back after seeing the gate or something? I'm not sure on this one, but I recall hearing it.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Dredeuced

@dredeuced said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Not just that, didn't they need someone with a strong enough will to come back after seeing the gate or something? I'm not sure on this one, but I recall hearing it.

Maybe? I'm not sure.

I know what I'm talking about works, as Hoenheim was a sacrifice and he never performed a human transmutation -- he was merely at ground zero when Father did his and saw the gate/truth. They did the same thing with Roy.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Your logic sounds reasonable. I will take your word on it.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it opened for both of them and both of them had to pay up. But if it is true what @dredeuced: said then it would have drained Pride to the point he was severely weakened.

Honestly I feel the outcome of the battle would depend on how long Pride stays on the battlefield gaining more info he could easily pass around. Along with Envy creating chaos on the battlefield, wrath 'wrathing' and Gluttoney's bfring It won't be an easy fight but I'll give it to the alchemists.

Also why is Sloth a non-factor I could see him taking out many students before he reaches his stone's limit.

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on my phone right now, but if someone here thinks he COULDN'T kill Batman, and isn't as fast as him, then can we CAV? Because that's a DUMB statement to make.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

@princearagorn1: Umm except for casting the exact barrier spell that I am saying they would cast before Voldemort attacked the school. How is that not casting a defensive protection spell before a fight?

Whats to stop them from casting Impervious on their cloaks and clothing to make them impossible to cut or be shot by. And provide proof he can cut through magically enchanted toast let alone clothing.

Also are we forgetting this is FMA soldiers.. their kind of canon fodder by design and have shown to be incompetent at the BEST of times.

Preptime as you lot just described can be used to place traps. They can and would place defensive spells, IE Barriers and WARDS. You have failed to prove they can do anything to break through any form of Magic.

Why WOULDN'T they cast a defensive spell like the barrier. Which exists in both the Books and Movies.
You also fail to realize all 1714 Wizards/Witches can INSTANTLY teleport around the battle field. And NO Wrath is not LIGHTSPEED or INSTANT he is as you lot say BULLETTIME, FAR slower then Instant. Also cutting through something has to do equally with the edge of the sword or blade. Now if he cut through a mountain with a stick.. ok impressive but still you have yet to show he can cut through anything enchanted or a barrier.

Sloth can speed but not good at stopping.. hence an INSTANT teleport behind him would take him out.

All I want from ANY of you, provide proof or even any evidence that the HP people would not cast defensive spells (Which they have in the past, they use wards and the like all the time to prevent people from coming into areas restricted to others) and that ANY of the FMA can do anything to magic. Hell Prove Pride's shadow cannot be dispelled via a powerful Lumos Maxima spell.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#140  Edited By Nerx

@tohoma: Actually by OP's rules sloth is given liquid form as well

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@perpetr8rmike: When was impervious used for such purposes? First provide proof that the clothes, or toast can be magically made more durable. And tell me how durable. Not just omgdurable. Can it tank a bullet? a rifle bullet? something that cuts through stone blocks easily?

Are you even thinking before posting? They teleport in an instant. Doesn't mean they have any better reflexes.(show me any statement saying that apparition increases your reflexes, or don't make baseless statement.) What is stopping them from getting their heads blitzed off? disapparition needs thinking. At least as much as pulling a trigger. And there are people fast enough to blitz dozens before anyone manages to.

Next, why won't they? Exactly. Why don't they cast a magical barrier. I showed you so many examples when they have prep, and they do nothing at all. You can explain why, otherwise, it's unsuited for battle for unknown reasons. BECAUSE they never used it. Hell, even going to attack james, lily, and the boy who was supposedly going to kill him, did voldemort prep? No. They haven't utilised prep nearly all the times. Why should they do it this time is upto you to prove. And next, barrier spells keep people from either side out. It will result in a stalemate at best. And you have not provided no durability estimate of the barriers either. Will they even be able to stop bullets? if so, why, provide some reason, proof. You are asking for proof, and yet are not providing any yourself. Nor have you seen brotherhood, so have no idea how strong the characters actually are.

Next, pride. He works perfectly in daylight, only thing that caused him problem was a flashbang. Harry was easily reading in lumos maxima. The intensity isn't even close. And how are they going to stop pride after he absorbs a student and gains his knowledge? He can pretty much solo if he does so to someone like dumbledore, if he is fortunate enough to catch him.

Edit: I apologize If I'm being overly aggressive, side effect of listening to battle music :D

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Ok so you never read Harry Potter, ok that explains some things. Imprevious is used to repel whatever the user casts it for on whatever they cast it on. For example making water fall off Glasses during the game instead of adhering to it as water would a window.

Also why did you bring up the Lily, James, and Harry hiding thing. They did use protective charms, in fact that was a big part of Book 3. They had a Secret Keeper, so long as the secret was kept NO ONE who was not in on it could find their location. The Secret Keeper told Voledmort hence why he could. And They did it at the onset of the battle of hogwarts, in fact they did it.

Those are two times the shield spell I am talking about, the big barrier seen in the movie is cast.

Also you are wrong about Pride using that transmutation circle. Mustang did. Pride absorbed the KNOWLEDGE not he CAPABILITY. So even if he did absorb a student or someone, he wouldn't gain their ability just know how it is done.

Also Dumbledore uses this to light up the cave in Book 6 by tossing it into the air casting light over the entire area. It can be made as bright as the user wishes and be aimed to a location. Harry did that as he was learning to cast that spell. Hence why he had to repeat it multiple times before the brightest flash that lead to the Title.

I did not say he was not fast, you guys seem to have this misconception that he can Blitz the planet He can't get over it. He could kill a few students sure no doubt but He is not blitzing EVERYONE. Also how old is this Bradley because as they point out his reflexes and speed decreases with age.

And I am still waiting to see how they would get past the barrier.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike: I don't know what made you think I haven't read harry potter, but you're wrong in that as well. At least read before posting. I've supplied the exact quote of the things I have said.

Next, I am saying about voldemort not doing anything at all before facing them. He just went there and attacked. Was he in so much of a hurry tha he just ran directly to their door the moment he heard the secret? Note that he had time to scare children in the way.

Next, give me book-quotes. Not just copy paste from wiki. Half the things there are fan written and inconsistent. And even if the barrier was cast, what was it's durability? Can it stop a rifle bullet? quotes needed. Complete your own argument first, don't wait for someone to counter it before doing so.

And about lumos, it has never shown to be intense enough to be blindening.

Dude, wrath is not blitzing 'everyone'. How many times are you going to make me repeat this? He's not facing everyone to begin with. He's blitzing everyone facing him. In fact, given time, he can kill huge number of people if they're moving in groups of around 20-30.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Perpetr8rMike
No Caption Provided

@princearagorn1:

Yes he indeed did just walk in. They were confident in their safety so they didn't bother with further enchantments that Voldemort couldn't break easily. In fact they do get alarmed as they mention "He is coming" right before he burst in the door. They had no time, nor did they try to fight. They where dieing to save Harry not themselves.

And what quotes, Again this is the problem with different nation mediums Harry Potter does not stop the flow of the story (Told around Harry mind you) and explain everything. That is what Hermione is for. So no one talks about it, it simply shows what happens because of the spell.

The pic I provided is the snatchers (People attacking) running through the barrier in the movie. It destroys both Organic and Non-Organic matter including their wands so magical material as well.

Your forgetting Wandless Magic again, Different then Non-Verbal. Wandless requires the user to focus on the spell. Being attacked by someone is a good means of focusing the mind. As we have 200 Ministry officials.. all of which would be Aurors as they are the FIGHTERS of the ministry. These wizards are trained to fight multiple Dark wizards at once so can multi task pretty well.

Lumos has never shown to be blinding correct. However there are varations on Lumos including Lumos Solem (Usedby Hermione in the first Book/movie to attack the devils snare plant) Lumos Duo which is from the games (A intense beam of light, not much different granted) and Lumos Maxima ("

A blinding blast of light flashes from the second story window of Number Four.

") It is scribed as a BLINDING blast of Light.

So if he was blitzing through 20 or 30 people all it takes to cast a Full Body-Bind Curse by experienced and Powerful Wizards (Dumbledore does this to harry without a word or wand movement. Hermione does this using a wand but she was also a first year and had not learned wandless or non-verbal magic yet)

"

Neville's arms snapped to his sides. His legs sprang together. His whole body rigid, he swayed where he stood and then fell flat on his face, stiff as a board. Neville's jaws were jammed together so he couldn't speak. Only his eyes were moving, looking at them in horror.

"

All it takes is 1 experienced student who can do nonverbal spells to just have his wand aimed at Bradley as he is attacked. Unless you have proof Bradley can literally dodge a flash of light directed at him. EDIT: I correct myself in the book it has no light, they added a light in the movie for effect. (I was looking at the gif and assumed light.) So he would need to dodge invisible spells at well.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I googled something and found this very interesting. the speed spells travel.
http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/30812/how-fast-do-spells-travel-in-the-harry-potter-universe

Now this is not Canon but very good use of logic to find spell speed and as they state each spell would be slightly different such as Charms do not require a projectile simply a target to focus on.

So 1. Why would Bradley assume they could cast spells through what he would see as sticks at such speed? 2. Could he blitz between 20 people all of which (from 2nd year old) are trained at least somewhat in dueling at 30 feet or less and not get tagged even on accident once.

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

well, some people think wrath is just as fast as batman, cap also think hogwarts can actually pull off a win.

BS Gluttony alone will cause massive devastation to the HP side at least taking out more than half of them, Pride can take out the rest that's all you need, hell even Sloth would take out a good number. The 7 homuncli would destroy most of the opposing side alone, but then you have Ed, Al, Mustang,possibly Scar, this is complete devastation

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike: What's stopping a bloodlusted Gluttony from opening his gate instantly and clearing out over half of the battlefield the moment the match starts, please do tell? What's stoppng Pride from soloing this by using his shadows to pierce through most of their hearts as soon as the battle starts? Do tell? AK won't work on any of the Homuncli except for Wrath and even then it won't be fast enough to hit him unless you think a jet of green light is faster than bullets from a gun? It's so many ways for the FMA:B side to win that it's not even funny

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@perpetr8rmike said:
No Caption Provided

@princearagorn1:

Yes he indeed did just walk in. They were confident in their safety so they didn't bother with further enchantments that Voldemort couldn't break easily. In fact they do get alarmed as they mention "He is coming" right before he burst in the door. They had no time, nor did they try to fight. They where dieing to save Harry not themselves.

And what quotes, Again this is the problem with different nation mediums Harry Potter does not stop the flow of the story (Told around Harry mind you) and explain everything. That is what Hermione is for. So no one talks about it, it simply shows what happens because of the spell.

The pic I provided is the snatchers (People attacking) running through the barrier in the movie. It destroys both Organic and Non-Organic matter including their wands so magical material as well.

Your forgetting Wandless Magic again, Different then Non-Verbal. Wandless requires the user to focus on the spell. Being attacked by someone is a good means of focusing the mind. As we have 200 Ministry officials.. all of which would be Aurors as they are the FIGHTERS of the ministry. These wizards are trained to fight multiple Dark wizards at once so can multi task pretty well.

Lumos has never shown to be blinding correct. However there are varations on Lumos including Lumos Solem (Usedby Hermione in the first Book/movie to attack the devils snare plant) Lumos Duo which is from the games (A intense beam of light, not much different granted) and Lumos Maxima ("

A blinding blast of light flashes from the second story window of Number Four.

") It is scribed as a BLINDING blast of Light.

So if he was blitzing through 20 or 30 people all it takes to cast a Full Body-Bind Curse by experienced and Powerful Wizards (Dumbledore does this to harry without a word or wand movement. Hermione does this using a wand but she was also a first year and had not learned wandless or non-verbal magic yet)

"

Neville's arms snapped to his sides. His legs sprang together. His whole body rigid, he swayed where he stood and then fell flat on his face, stiff as a board. Neville's jaws were jammed together so he couldn't speak. Only his eyes were moving, looking at them in horror.

"

All it takes is 1 experienced student who can do nonverbal spells to just have his wand aimed at Bradley as he is attacked. Unless you have proof Bradley can literally dodge a flash of light directed at him. EDIT: I correct myself in the book it has no light, they added a light in the movie for effect. (I was looking at the gif and assumed light.) So he would need to dodge invisible spells at well.

Not just at that time, as I said, they've almost never utilised the prep. As for the snatcher pic, I saw the movie as well, but it contradicts with the book. The book hasn't mentioned any turn-everything-to-dust sphere.

Let's not bring the games here. And Hermoine didn't even use lumos:

"Oh, right!" said Hermione, and she whipped out her wand, waved it, muttered something, and sent a jet of the same bluebell flames she had used on Snape at the plant...

Part 1: page 224.

@princearagorn1:

I googled something and found this very interesting. the speed spells travel.

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/30812/how-fast-do-spells-travel-in-the-harry-potter-universe

Now this is not Canon but very good use of logic to find spell speed and as they state each spell would be slightly different such as Charms do not require a projectile simply a target to focus on.

So 1. Why would Bradley assume they could cast spells through what he would see as sticks at such speed? 2. Could he blitz between 20 people all of which (from 2nd year old) are trained at least somewhat in dueling at 30 feet or less and not get tagged even on accident once.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with that. Bradley is a far skilled tactician, he isn't some brute who charges in without knowing the enemy. And why would he be having trouble dodging a curse lol he dodges bullets. And next, even if there wasn't a flash of light, which I will have to look into, the curses were still dodgeable. And by people far slower than the alchemists.

Next, about voldemort stunning nevil. Nevil was charging at voldemort, who disarmed him. If it was wrath charging, voldemort would get decapitated before doing anything:

Look at the distance. The girl herself is a trained ninja/fighter, ling's guardian. (fu's grand daughter, fu dodged machine gun fire.)How in the world is anyone keeping up with that?

You're forgetting something important. All it took was a soldier to aim at bradley and fire, and hit too. He's perfectly vulnerable when hit in both cases. Now look at the difference:

Who is firing?: Trained soldier vs student/civilian wizard/auror. Only auror may have the reflexes nearing a soldier, and even that, assuming they go some kind of reflex training.

What is being fired?: curse vs bullet. Bullet speed >>curse speed.

You're saying that he will be hit with something slower, fired by someone not even used to battle, when he didn't get even a single hit before ling AND fu stepped in? How does it make sense? You are vastly underestimating fma team. Vastly.

Note, even if the book hasn't describe how exactly the curse looks, it mentions that it is consistently dodgeble.

I'm not sure about pride's ability myself, but he's the only homun able to do alchemy, and he can seemingly absorb people's abilities, too. You can ask dreduced and redbird for details, they seem more well versed in fma.. And also, you forgot gluttony. If he starts devouring students like mad, it's going to be a huge problem, considering how many times he dies lol..

No Caption Provided

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

Not to mention a kid called pride. he outright killed around 30 soldiers, who were ready with guns, before any of them could even fire a single shot. And his body was far away at the time. Say yourself, how exactly does any of the wizards do a spell, leave a spell, think of anything before getting blitzed?

You make some valid points.

"We don't know how strong the shield is, so we can speculate bullets go through"

Protego can deflect spells, charms, etc. In terms of power and energy, Magic > a bullet. So, we have no problem believing it can block a muggle projectile.

"We don't know how strong the defense charm is".

We know it fights off attackers and attacking things. A bullet is an attacking thing, thus, it's fought off.

And about the room from ministry, it was part 5. We're talking about the time he faced tom in forest, and ak only destroyed one of the souls. Harry's protections expired at the moment he turned 17,or when he left the dursley's for good. that's why they were so keen to move him. First, the sacrifice charm, which stopped voldemort from touching or dueling with him was taken out when they shared the same blood.

So, I did a bit research on this and I was suprised. No shame in getting tricked, though. Superman has got tricked, even Mr Mxyzptlk has got picked. Let's see why Voldemort died. he creates 6 horcruxes and intended to make a 7th while he thought he never did make a seventh horcrux. Harry is made into the seventh horcrux the night voldemort lost his powers. So harry then must die to destroy the piece of Voldemort that resides in him. Voldemort must resort to using the Elder Wand (most powerful wand around) by killing snape who was the suppose owner of it, but little does he know that the wand's true master is Harry. So Voldemort uses the wand on Harry, but since Harry is the master the wand won't harm him. Thus the spell rebounds off of Harry when Voldemort attacks him in a dual, and it hits Voldemort. Thus Voldemort dies to the killing Curse.

Harry didn't beat him, Voldemort was tricked, many superheros has been tricked before. So, unless you can debunk what ACTUALLY happened in the story, then my statement stands: Voldemort was tricked, years and years of tricking.

This isn't relevant.

Let us go over the battle.

200 centaurs

They are razed immediadtly by ...50 Death Eaters. As for the joes with guns, let's say they fire on some Wizards, Wizards like Voldemort and bellatrix will put shield charms around themselves (they CAN do this. I don't care if they havn't, but they CAN. Many characters have not used abilities in body that they CAN do) and they spam Confringo, Avada Numero, and Explous. Hell, an invisible and flying Voldemort and Bellatrix could solo the Centaurs by spamming spells and blasting them to bits.

200 ministry officials led by cerious(harry's uncle)

Yeah, Average joes with guns, muggles, will kill 200 skilled and trained Ministry officials. Not.

basalisk from the chamber of secrets

Alright, this is rediculous. Hogwarts STOMPS. The Basalisk, like medusa, can turn things to stone with his eyes! What the hell is wrong with you people?!

500 death eaters led by voldemort

100 statues led by mogonogol

What..The hell? Do you realize..

.Fluffy (hagrid's three headed dog)

I'm done. I'm done, I'm finished here. I'm done.

No Caption Provided