Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Introduction

As one tournament comes to an end, another must begin.

Criticisms I received for the last tournament were that people were sneaking characters in, and that there was not enough time given for votes. Well now both will be changed! This tournament will have pre-set teams, and it will be minimum five votes total for every match.

Without further ado, here are the teams!

Teams

Team 1: Justice Society - represented by @firestormfate1919

No Caption Provided

Alan Scott (not possessed), Dr. Fate (any version except Nelson or Nabu), Jay Garrick, Power Girl, Hawkman, Kal-L, everyone else in this picture

Perks:

• Full Knowledge

Team 2: The Summers Line - represented by @rd1027

No Caption Provided

Havok, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Cable, Pre-Shaman Nate Grey (no Phoenix for Jean or Rachel)

Perks:

• Nth Metal Armor

Team 3: Annihilators - represented by @spinnercomix

Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Nova, NO SILVER SURFER, Ronan
Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Nova, NO SILVER SURFER, Ronan

Perks:

• Basic Knowledge

Team 4: Brightest Day - represented by TheNewBlueBeetle007

No Caption Provided

Firestorm, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Eobard Thawne limited to lightspeed, Captain Boomerang, Hawk

Perks

• 15 Minutes Prep
  • Basic Knowledge

Team 5: Illuminati - represented by @solomonthenotsowise

Black Bolt, Professor X, Dr. Strange (not Sorcerer Supreme), Iron Man, Namor, Reed Richards

No Caption Provided

• Basic Knowledge
  • 5 minutes prep

Team 6: Asgard - represented by @darkraiden

No Caption Provided

Thor, Loki, Warriors Three (comic versions)

• Morals off
  • 8 hours prep

Team 7: The New Guardians - represented by @gobomo

No Caption Provided

Hal Jordan, Sinestro, Carol Ferris, Atrocitus, Larfleeze, Saint Walker, Indigo-1

• 3 days prep

Team Buster: Kang - represented by @higorm

No Caption Provided

• 8 hours prep
  • Basic Knowledge

Team Buster: Ultron - represented by @jacthripper

No Caption Provided
  • basic knowledge

Team Buster: Ultimate Phoenix (Jean) - represented by @primez0ne

No Caption Provided

Team Buster: Morals Off Post-Annihilation Silver Surfer - represented by @comicdude360

No Caption Provided

Team Buster: Soul Gem Composite Adam Warlock (no soul rape) - represented by @serrure

No Caption Provided

Conditions

All teams will have perfect teamwork and in character, with no prep unless stated otherwise.

Please make sure you read the members of the team listed, because some of the ones in the pictures are not actually part of the team (for example Zoom).

You may haggle with me for perks. Also, different teams/team busters will be considered, but I must approve them and they must have been part of a team before (for example Teen Titans could be one). I only read DC and Marvel due to limited time so if you want to bring something from Image or Dark Horse you may do that.

Battles will take place in a set location for every round, selected by yours truly.

Matches start after all slots are taken. They will last for 10-15 days, and will end when each match has 5 votes.

DC Characters are Pre/New 52.

No using Time Manipulation to manipulate the opposing characters' past or futures.

Let the games begin!

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

These teams are pretty insanely imbalanced.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane: how so? I checked with some people and most of them said it was fine... did you read the perks and rosters?

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Balance issues, plus no Ghost Rider, Invincible, Spawn, or Hulk teams.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And no Batman, where is he?

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8bitgangsta said:

And no Batman, where is he?

Under Dark Claw :P

Are you guys even reading the captions? Because they're important.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you guys think there are balance issues, can you please help me change the teams so that there aren't? Also please remember to read the captions, because if you just look at pictures then some teams clearly stomp the others...

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These teams seem pretty balanced to me. The Annihalators and Brightest Day teams are nerfed appropriately. For now could I represent the JSA team. Hopefully I can do a little bit better in this one than the last.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These teams seem pretty balanced to me. The Annihalators and Brightest Day teams are nerfed appropriately. For now could I represent the JSA team. Hopefully I can do a little bit better in this one than the last.

You're in

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: How about rather than you selecting the teams, you just open up the roster of that team with a maximum of 5 per team. People are always going to pick the biggest guns, except maybe me, so it will balance it out. You could offer a team buster option that allows them to use a teambuster of their choice at the cost of team members and perks.

For instance, you allow Flash's Rogues which allows you to put together a wide ranging team. Then you allow them to pick a perk package. Each perk package includes should include its own advantages and disadvantages so people have to be smart about them.

I'd also scrap the Amalgam Universe team, it will create too many problems.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@thenewbluebeetle007: dude think you could hook me up with Composite Adam Warlock w/ Soul Gem but no soul raping

as a Team-buster of course

or i could think of something else

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@thenewbluebeetle007: I'm going back to university next week so my time on here should become much more limited once again. I doubt I can fully commit to a tourney and, no offense intended btw, unless they're run and maintained smoothly, they tend to stagnate when people don't finish their debates. Though I think you're better at that than most tourney organisers.

Anyway, I'm already in a few debates and uni's gonna keep me busy so I'll have to respectfully decline your offer.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Some of these teams are rather imbalanced :3

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By SpinnerComix

wait so do I just pick the team I want? Cause if so, I want the Annihilators.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: sure

@ssj_god: Nate is a bit OP... from what I've heard cable isn't... but I can hand you nate as a Bloodlusted team buster with a perk of you'd like

@theTruebarryallen: did you read the rosters? because they're important. And if you did, how do you suggest I change them?

@lvenger: that's ok, good luck!

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinnercomix: make sure you read the roster. Annihilators does not include silver surfer.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By SpinnerComix

@thenewbluebeetle007: I know. I still want them. Gladiator is pretty powerful (if he's at full confidence), Nova is basically their range hitter, Ronan and BRB are basically tanks and Quasar is just plain awesome, so I'm taking the Annihilators.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Nate is a bit OP... from what I've heard cable isn't... but I can hand you nate as a Bloodlusted team buster with a perk of you'd like

well.. i'm not planning to join.. and i've used him a lot of time.. i was just pointing out..... seeing how many herald level characters are present there together in many teams.. i don't think 'the summers line' along with some other teams would hold much ground... specially since cable is just barely above street level with TO virus inside him.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: cable is no TO virus. What changes would you recommend making?

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: I don't know many of the Marvel Characters, but here are some of my critiques.

Team Rogues

• Heatwave and Trickster are honestly absolutely useless against the majority of the other teams here.
  • Teambuster Ultron literally stomps them into oblivion due to all their weapons being tech based; this happens even if you add Abra Kadabra to give them more power.

Team Amazo

• No defense against technopathy from someone like Ultron; it's not even a fight if those two get matched up.

There are some more imbalances, and many of the teams have a good amount of High Tier characters while others have some Streel Level that won't really contribute much of anything in a fight.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: don't worry, I'll disable technopathy for those matches and put them on opposite sides of the bracket in hopes that they will never happen. Quite an easy fix

This thread is glitching for me. Any new contestants please either tag or pm me, as I can only see post 22 and below.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ssj_god

@ssj_god: cable is no TO virus

Thank you for your consideration.

Otherwise, how do you suggest you make it more fair?

you mean cable without any TO virus in him = jesus/god cable right? ... then the team would become a bit more potent.

and.. i just think some teams are weaker than others.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: nobody is perfect :P I asked some people in off topic and they said it was ok

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I don't think a Rogues Ultron battle is unfair. I actually see the Rogues winning. Ultron has shown that his technopathy is not an inter dimensional power many times. The Rogues have the prep to go into the mirror-verse beforehand. From here Mccoulouch can do any number of things due to Ultrons lack of ability to transverse or resist dimensional inversions. He could probably shatter Ultrons head, as it is a reflective surface. He could also BFR because that is on for everyone but one team.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: nobody is perfect :P I asked some people in off topic and they said it was ok

Oh goodness. Never trust Off-Topic w/Battle Forums related topics hahahhaha

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: why not? :P

But anyway most of the people there were battles people too, like mysticmedivh, King Venus, war demon 32 and hatemalingsia

Would you like to sign up? I can get you a custom team or team buster if you'd like (so long as they're in accordance with the rules ofc)

Gobomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gobomo

the new guardians vote :D

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: thought you might be interested in surfer

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think too team amalgam shouldn't stay here

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: True. Although the Rogues with prep are a force to be reckoned with for anyone without proper resistance to trans-dimensional transmution. That's a big reason why I chose a team with Pemberton, Dr Fate, Jay Garrick, and Alan Scott.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: why not? :P

But anyway most of the people there were battles people too, like mysticmedivh, King Venus, war demon 32 and hatemalingsia

Would you like to sign up? I can get you a custom team or team buster if you'd like (so long as they're in accordance with the rules ofc)

I can't speak for many of those users you've mentioned because I honestly haven't encountered many of them here in the Battle Forums in my own personal travels, but often times it's better to trust veterans of the Battle Forums & Regular Tournament Hosts (such as Lukehero) when it comes to discussing balanced teams and the such.

As for myself joining; I'd love to rock the Rogues team, but I'm honestly just too busy with School & the such to join any more tournaments/battles.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@thenewbluebeetle007: could i get composite Warlock. Soul Gem Warlock is fine if i cant but Current Warlock also has some useful feats that i could utilize.

Not a big deal as i said it would be some feats i could utilize but thought id ask

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: okay, will do. I also PM'd beatboks1 but he never responded.

and that's ok, maybe next time

@thenewbluebeetle007: Put the Flash family :)

ha.... and have people spamming SPEED STEAL IMP SPEED FORCE DUMP ? Takes no skill to debate with them, and it isn't particularly fun either.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

@thenewbluebeetle007: could i get composite Warlock. Soul Gem Warlock is fine if i cant but Current Warlock also has some useful feats that i could utilize.

Not a big deal as i said it would be some feats i could utilize but thought id ask

Done

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: Possibly, but I am not free for time really, but it seems a bit unbalanced with teams; as having a team of Lanterns among them is Larfleeze vs someone like H'el is unfair matching up here.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: Possibly, but I am not free for time really, but it seems a bit unbalanced with teams; as having a team of Lanterns among them is Larfleeze vs someone like H'el is unfair matching up here.

Yeah, many people have said that to me... I just don't know who to replace him with though.... Fernus is too much... Despero loses to matter manip too easily... any ideas?

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_god said:

ha.... and have people spamming SPEED STEAL IMP SPEED FORCE DUMP ? Takes no skill to debate with them, and it isn't particularly fun either.

bring it on... i'll take on flash family in a CaV anytime with you know who.. XD

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@thenewbluebeetle007 said:

@ancient_god said:

bring it on... i'll take on flash family in a CaV anytime with you know who.. XD

With Nate West... I mean... Wally Grey... I mean oooops!

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: Fernus isn't too much, and SS isn't too less, it's just the teams you have allowed make this unfair for the Team busters.