#1 Posted by Pharaoh Sinister (43 posts) - - Show Bio

your votes

#2 Posted by Villinova (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan does what he wants when he wants...he wins!

#3 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazo for the win.

He has Flash's speed and Vulcan has not showed any more than an atheletic mans reaction speed in most og his fights.

Therefore Amazo can react and attack thousands of times before Vulcan reacts.

#4 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Villinova says:

"Vulcan has the abilities to absorb the energy and powers of other, even if he did't have the speed he could just acquire it. Plus he can manipulate energy basically how he sees fit and even control others power and/or shut them off completely. I don't know what is is with people around here thing speed trumps everything else. It's like hitting the terminator with a feather 1 millions times before he punched you once, sure you hit him alot, but did hit hurt him...I'll answer that for you, no it didn't. Just because someone doesn't have the speed doesn't mean they can't be out smarted or out strengthed. I mean seriously, someone runs by you super fast, you know they are there and bam you stick out you arm super clothes line, plus you could just pluck them out of the air or off the ground so there speed is useless. So if super speed is all you got then you fail and Vulcan still doms! "

Vulcan can't absorb powers of others. If he did it really would have helped him against gladiator lol. Your absolutely right. Most people on this site think if you have speed you automatically win the battle even if your about as strong as the average man.

I'd give this to amazo. If gladiator could do that to vulcan amazo using supes powers should be no different.

#5 Posted by Villinova (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan has the abilities to absorb the energy and powers of other, even if he did't have the speed he could just acquire it. Plus he can manipulate energy basically how he sees fit and even control others power and/or shut them off completely. I don't know what is is with people around here thing speed trumps everything else. It's like hitting the terminator with a feather 1 millions times before he punched you once, sure you hit him alot, but did hit hurt him...I'll answer that for you, no it didn't. Just because someone doesn't have the speed doesn't mean they can't be out smarted or out strengthed. I mean seriously, someone runs by you super fast, you know they are there and bam you stick out you arm super clothes line, plus you could just pluck them out of the air or off the ground so there speed is useless. So if super speed is all you got then you fail and Vulcan still doms!

#6 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Villinova says:

"Vulcan has the abilities to absorb the energy and powers of other, even if he did't have the speed he could just acquire it. Plus he can manipulate energy basically how he sees fit and even control others power and/or shut them off completely. I don't know what is is with people around here thing speed trumps everything else. It's like hitting the terminator with a feather 1 millions times before he punched you once, sure you hit him alot, but did hit hurt him...I'll answer that for you, no it didn't. Just because someone doesn't have the speed doesn't mean they can't be out smarted or out strengthed. I mean seriously, someone runs by you super fast, you know they are there and bam you stick out you arm super clothes line, plus you could just pluck them out of the air or off the ground so there speed is useless. So if super speed is all you got then you fail and Vulcan still doms! "

Being hit by a being as Strong as the Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman or Superman I think would pretty much end this fight as before Vulcan cannot react to raise any defence, Amazo has attacked him and ripped his head off.

I don't see Vulcan really coming back from that.

As for clothes lining a being with Flash's speed... You can stick your arm out to the Flash who is reacting to the world thousands of times quicker, you would simply be standing still and over the course of a couple of hours (to his perception) you would slowly raise your arm. He has the time in the wrold to avoid it.

Also how is sticking your arm going to really hurt Amazo who has durability as high as Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter ?

You do realise that Vulcan has the powers of most of the older JLA and some of the JSA.
Post Edited:2008-06-04 03:08:22

#7 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't we talking about vulcan who fought gladiators people?? I see so much power absorbtion.

#8 Posted by Villinova (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry to say it, but if you read up on him it does say that he can absorb others powers, but it might be in a harder way to do then I was thinking. Gladiator is essentially(and arguably) one of the strongest characters in the Marvel universe...on raw strength alone(I think that Vulcan would have beat Gladiator is he'd know the power, I mean cannonball beat Gladiator(show how somethings don't always add up with Comic writers)). Vulcan is constantly getting stronger and getting more powers, mainly through development of his old powers. So I still think Vulcan has this one, I mean he can manipulate all forms of energy at will.
Post Edited:2008-06-04 03:25:30

#9 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Villinova says:

"Sorry to say it, but if you read up on him it does say that he can absorb others powers, but it might be in a harder way to do then I was thinking. Gladiator is essentially(and arguably) one of the strongest characters in the Marvel universe...on raw strength alone(I think that Vulcan would have beat Gladiator is he'd know the power, I mean cannonball beat Gladiator(show how somethings don't always add up with Comic writers)). Vulcan is constantly getting stronger and getting more powers, mainly through development of his old powers. So I still think Vulcan has this one, I mean he can manipulate all forms of energy at will. I'll let other put in there opinions besides us two though."

I still don't recall any of his bios saying he can gain others powers. Also Cannonball hit gladiadtor while he was in doubt I belive. He wouldn't have been able to do that in a real fight. Just like hulk. When he fought hulk he was able throwing a mountain sized thing that had something in it that made him very weak then he fought some other group then hulk. So vulcan even if he knew wouldn't have been able to do anything trust me. Also gladiators power level could rise during the fight.

#10 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems your right. Suprised I never seen that before. Seeing as how its amazo vulcan still loses.

#11 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Villinova says:

"Sorry to say it, but if you read up on him it does say that he can absorb others powers, but it might be in a harder way to do then I was thinking. Gladiator is essentially(and arguably) one of the strongest characters in the Marvel universe...on raw strength alone(I think that Vulcan would have beat Gladiator is he'd know the power, I mean cannonball beat Gladiator(show how somethings don't always add up with Comic writers)). Vulcan is constantly getting stronger and getting more powers, mainly through development of his old powers. So I still think Vulcan has this one, I mean he can manipulate all forms of energy at will.
Post Edited:2008-06-04 03:25:30"

Vulcan does not appear to be able to absorb powers or duplicate them like Mimic or Rogue does.

He does however have the ability to use the powers of others by manipulating the energy in their brain. So rather than absorb their powers, he made use of their powers remotly - so the power projection originates from the owner. He did this with Marvel Girl when he originally captured Marvel Girl and Cyclops. He simply flicked the on switch in her head and remotly control her projection of her power.

This is not the same as absorbing powers.

If he can absorb peoples powers why did he not absorb those of Wolverine, whom he has encountered, to provide him with a healing factor and then he would not have needed a bionic eye replacement after his fight with the Sh'iar guard.

Here's a quote from the online Marvel Universe site,

"Vulcan has thus far demonstrated the psionic ability to control energy, this allows him to project radiation along the electromagnetic spectrum, control magnetism, conduct electrical energy, generate heat, control Cyclops' energy beams, and the ability to control the psionic abilities of others. He has also acquired the abilities of his teammates Petra (geokinesis), Darwin (advanced adaptation), and Sway (time manipulation) after his revival."

He did absorb the powers of the former teamates but this was a one off occurence (after his encounter with Krakoa) and he was forced to ejected Darwin's essence (and powers) from his body and the other absorbed mutants abilities appear to have faded as well (but only time will tell).

He has stuck to his basic powers in most later appearances - that of a powerful energy projector / manipulator.

These could prove useful in his fight against Amazo but against the speed ability of Amazo he has no defence as Vulcans reactions are only human.

#12 Posted by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazo should win here against Vulcan. Even though Vulcan has incredible Energy Manipulation skills, he did take a hacking from Gladiator in the past. Amazo has the speed of The Flash and strength of Superman and Martian Manhunter both guys who possess Strength either or par with or beyond the power of Gladiator. With this said Vulcan would not have the time nor the durability to be able to react to and endure Amazo's Speed and Strength.

Amazo advances to the next round

#13 Posted by Villinova (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay Superman and Martian Man Hunter are strong, but not stronger then Gladiator(maybe if his confidence is way down), or Sentry(maybe on par with them, but I doubt it). And the Gladiator fight, it was basically a shoe in for Gladiator to win. I mean Vulcan got lied to about the power of the guards thinking they were much weaker then they were. After fighting a whole shit load of them(working for gladiator I might add, meaning they are fricken tough as hell) he had to face Gladiator who was fully confident and waiting for him. Vulcan alittle wore out would not think that he would be much more powerful then the other gaurds, and once punch to the face is gonna knock you a bit silly, and give Gladiator more confidence, of course vulcan's gonna loose, Not many people could win that. And with time manipulation Vulcan can easily slow time down so that Amazo is running at the same speed, or even slower if needed.

But I've noticed that there are alot of DC fan boys on this site, so arguing won't help. I mean I don't fully doubt that Amazo could take Vulcan, it's just none of you have any confidence at all the Vulcan could do anything to the guy, just because he has superspeed. Maybe if y'all had points and different stuff to say other then oh super speed and superman strength own all that ever existed, I wouldn't care so much that Amazo wins.

#14 Posted by Villinova (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Insignia says:

"I think Amazo would win here.1) Incredible firepower potential in obtaining extra superpowers before hand.2) Flash's lightspeed movement and thinking speed.3) Reactive evolution the longer the fight goes on.4) Quick analytical skills of powers to use versus Vulcan's lack of experience. (Was informed in another thread that he doesn't have a large amount of fighting experience.)5) Copying Vulcan's own powers to resist any effects."

Now that's what I'm talking about, props to you Insignia!

#15 Posted by Insignia (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Amazo would win here.

1) Incredible firepower potential in obtaining extra superpowers before hand.

2) Flash's lightspeed movement and thinking speed.

3) Reactive evolution the longer the fight goes on.

4) Quick analytical skills of powers to use versus Vulcan's lack of experience. (Was informed in another thread that he doesn't have a large amount of fighting experience.)

5) Copying Vulcan's own powers to resist any effects.

#16 Posted by Insignia (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Much appreciated Villinova

#17 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Villinova says:

"Okay Superman and Martian Man Hunter are strong, but not stronger then Gladiator(maybe if his confidence is way down), or Sentry(maybe on par with them, but I doubt it). And the Gladiator fight, it was basically a shoe in for Gladiator to win. I mean Vulcan got lied to about the power of the guards thinking they were much weaker then they were. After fighting a whole shit load of them(working for gladiator I might add, meaning they are fricken tough as hell) he had to face Gladiator who was fully confident and waiting for him. Vulcan alittle wore out would not think that he would be much more powerful then the other gaurds, and once punch to the face is gonna knock you a bit silly, and give Gladiator more confidence, of course vulcan's gonna loose, Not many people could win that. And with time manipulation Vulcan can easily slow time down so that Amazo is running at the same speed, or even slower if needed. But I've noticed that there are alot of DC fan boys on this site, so arguing won't help. I mean I don't fully doubt that Amazo could take Vulcan, it's just none of you have any confidence at all the Vulcan could do anything to the guy, just because he has superspeed. Maybe if y'all had points and different stuff to say other then oh super speed and superman strength own all that ever existed, I wouldn't care so much that Amazo wins."

Did you miss the point that Vulcan does not dupicate another beings powers......

He does not have Gladiators powers (his invulnerability) otherwise how would have Havok's energy blasts hurt Vulcan in the Emperor Vulvan storyline.