• 59 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Heroes Universe

VS

Superman

RULES.

  • No Prep
  • Standard Gear
  • Morals Off
  • No Knowledge On Each Other
  • No BFR
  • Fight To Death Or KO
  • Start 20 Feet Away
  • Fight Takes Place On Merged DC Universe, And Heroes Universe

Who Wins?

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20151 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman? Morals off?

Uhh....

#3 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see the pictures so I don't know which incarnation of Superman we are using, but unless Clark completely incinerates Sylar and Peter with heat vision, I don't see how he can really harm them nor they him.

Moderator
#4 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

I can't see the pictures so I don't know which incarnation of Superman we are using, but unless Clark completely incinerates Sylar and Peter with heat vision, I don't see how he can really harm them nor they him.

Pre-Flashpoint Superman.

How can't Superman hurt them?

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Depending on the version of Peter, he can completely stop time and both his and Sylar's healing are instantaneous. Clark's only hope would be to instantly incinerate the two of them as they are the biggest threats along with Hiro.

Moderator
#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant: Depending on the version of Peter, he can completely stop time and both his and Sylar's healing are instantaneous. Clark's only hope would be to instantly incinerate the two of them as they are the biggest threats along with Hiro.

I see.

#7 Posted by ponello (93 posts) - - Show Bio

lol sylar could kill superman by him self :/

#8 Posted by Immortal777 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Who did Peter get the power to stop time from because Hiro can only slow down time not completely stop it as shown when Daphne was still able to move and her speed is nowhere near Superman's. Even if Peter could stop time then what I haven't seen the show in a while did anyone have any powers that could actually hurt Superman.

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777: Hiro's power was to stop and manipulate time and space itself. So yes, you're right, he has control of it to the point where it seems as if he can stop the flow of time itself so the same would apply to Peter. In which case, I doubt it'd help here since Superman is infinitely faster than Daphne. As I stated before, no one in the Heroes universe really has anyway of harming Clark but considering he's lacking morals, he could easily incinerate both Peter and Sylar completely to the point where they can't regenerate.

@ponello said:

lol sylar could kill superman by him self :/

How? He has no means of harming him. No one in the Heroes universe possessed invulnerability to the degree of Clark and his speed would make him untouchable.

Moderator
#10 Edited by Strider92 (16265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Couldn't Peter stop time then just let Sylar turn him to gold? Or liquefy him? Or plant an illusion in his head?

#11 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7416 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins. Unless they can stop time and (forgot his name) uses a singularity to the brain.

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Peter can't stop time as he attained time manipulation from Hiro, who in turn, could never truly stop time either as evident with Daphne. He only could control the flow of it and slow it down to the point where normal people looked as if they stopped moving.

Moderator
#13 Edited by Strider92 (16265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Fair enough. Would that be slow Supes enough to give Sylar or Cadance the split second they need to put him under an illusion?

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: If Superman was still in possession of morals perhaps, but here, he'd most likely speed-blitz off the bat and with him being far faster than Daphne, I can't see time manipulation helping in any regard as she was still able to move extremely fast.

Moderator
#15 Posted by Lvenger (19293 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman slaughters the Heroes characters. And it won't be a pretty sight.

#16 Posted by Immortal777 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I see morals off Superman doing this

and being done with it

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777: That was my initial thought as well considering that Peter and Sylar could regenerate from almost anything else he threw at them.

Moderator
#18 Posted by Immortal777 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: He also could just KO Peter and Sylar and I dont think they can regenerate a new head if he just pulled them off.

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777: Peter has knocked out Sylar in one instance so it'd be possible for Clark to easily replicate that. Dismembering them might work as that's how Sylar incapacitated Claire several times and in the future, but it'd be a safe bet for Clark to merely incinerate them.

Moderator
#20 Posted by Strider92 (16265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I was under the impression that as long as they kept the power working superspeed did not work. Daphne was unable to move at superspeed until she ko'd Hiro. If that is the case and both Peter and Hiro can negate Supermans speed. Then you have Matt, Cadence, Sylar and Maury who are all capable of either creating illusions, mindrape or sending people into a dream world.

So to me the answer is if Peter and Hiro can negate Superman's speed then supes will have so many illusions and mindattacks directed at him he's gonna have no idea whats going on leaving Sylar free turn him to gold or liquefy. If they can't negate his speed the Heroes get stomped.

#21 Posted by Immortal777 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: No one in the Heroes universe has the reactionary speed to stop Superman from doing anything.

#22 Posted by Immortal777 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Superman's speed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Daphne speed if she was able to move to the point that she could KO Hiro then Superman wouldn't even notice that they slowed down time and he would proceed to use HV.

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: That's a reasonable solution but considering that Daphne was still able to move freely without any trouble when Hiro slowed down time, I can't help to think how much faster Clark can move and he already moves faster than either Hiro or Peter can think.

Moderator
#24 Posted by ponello (93 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: lol sylar could kill superman by him self :/

How? He has no means of harming him. No one in the Heroes universe possessed invulnerability to the degree of Clark and his speed would make him untouchable.

Sylar is immortal he has the ability to nuke him or stop him witch the telekinesi power. There is many ways sylar could kill Superman and even justice league

#25 Posted by niBBit (718 posts) - - Show Bio

Sylar/Arthur/Peter are the biggest treads here. If Arthur touches Superman would Arthur be able to sap away Superman's powers? For those who don't know who Arthur is and what he can do: Arthur is Peter and Nathan's father and he has the same abilitie Peter has but the difference with Arthur is that when he touches you and takes your power like Peter does they are gone for good that makes him IMO more dangerous than Peter and Sylar as he strips you of your powers. If Arthur/Peter/Hiro all use their Time powers would it be enough to slow down Superman? yes there are 3 Time Manipulators on the Heroes team.

Since this is no morals could't Arthur/Peter simply absorb everone's powers before they start fighting?

#26 Posted by Luster77 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

At the speeds that Superman could move--he's second to Flash in speed--he'd be unbeatable. First off, like the question states, they have no knowledge of each other, however, with Supermans senses and the things he's learned from Batman, I think Supes would assess their power levels at superspeed and deal with them accordingly. I really don't think Superman would come down from the air to deal with them physically, maybe Sylar and Peter can fly and have an ariel battle at which, again, Supermans speed would come into play again, and let's not forget, they don't portray this skill much in the comic books but Superman can absorb more sunlight if need be to deal with his opponents. After the ariel defeat of Peter and Sylar, Superman then fly's at super sonic speed to knockout Hiro so he cannot stop, slow, or manipulate time. After the fight with those 3, it should pretty much be over. I really don't think any pyschic attacks would even affect his Super brain, I mean Superman has resisted the Martian Manhunters influence before.

#27 Posted by niBBit (718 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it funny as people are saying stuff like *when he's done fighting Peter he will go after Sylar* what makes people think Superman knows how strong these guys are? what makes you think Superman will go straight trough everybody else and pick Hiro out of the crowd why not fight Knox/Arthur/Samuel/Dyole etc first? The Heroes team have 3 Time Stoppers here Peter/Hiro and Arthur and with so many Evolved people around Samuel his Terrakenisis would be devastating. The question is can Arthur steal Supermans powers if he can than Superman is done for since Arthur saps your powers away and they are gone for good unlike Peter. Could Arthur/Peter/Hiro stop Superman dead in his tracks if they all used their Time abilities?

If all things go to hell...Arthur/Peter absorb everyone's powers and then use Ando's Power Ampflication to Amp their powers even further :)

#28 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Superman slaughters the Heroes characters. And it won't be a pretty sight.

#29 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Why when people are bloodlusted they always speed blitz he wont supes do that he is evil and evil people like to take there time with there pray

#30 Posted by Job (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@Luster77 said:

At the speeds that Superman could move--he's second to Flash in speed--he'd be unbeatable. First off, like the question states, they have no knowledge of each other, however, with Supermans senses and the things he's learned from Batman, I think Supes would assess their power levels at superspeed and deal with them accordingly. I really don't think Superman would come down from the air to deal with them physically, maybe Sylar and Peter can fly and have an ariel battle at which, again, Supermans speed would come into play again, and let's not forget, they don't portray this skill much in the comic books but Superman can absorb more sunlight if need be to deal with his opponents. After the ariel defeat of Peter and Sylar, Superman then fly's at super sonic speed to knockout Hiro so he cannot stop, slow, or manipulate time. After the fight with those 3, it should pretty much be over. I really don't think any pyschic attacks would even affect his Super brain, I mean Superman has resisted the Martian Manhunters influence before.

lol..so superman is sylar now? he can tell what peoples powers are by looking at them? Right...yeah sure..superman will have an arial battle with these guys..instead iof the multiple people who can stop time....just stopping time and leaving it up to someone else to transmute him. or Gordan hovey can just turn him into sand. Or store can think and remove superman from reality. Or future peter can just put him into a human body and have HRG put a bullet in his head. Too many people solo

#31 Edited by Dextersinister (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

@niBBit: The ability to steal powers would almost certainly be restricted to whatever granted them there powers. Clarks powers are because of his overall biology so they would be powers in the same way a healthy man is a lot stronger than a man with a degenerative muscle disorder and not some isolated abnormality in the brain that gives you a random power.

@Job: The fight has the characters start 20 feet apart so he is facing his enemies and with his reaction speed they are all dead before any ideas of how they attack even finish forming in their heads.

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@ponello said:

@Deranged Midget: lol sylar could kill superman by him self :/

How? He has no means of harming him. No one in the Heroes universe possessed invulnerability to the degree of Clark and his speed would make him untouchable.

Sylar is immortal he has the ability to nuke him or stop him witch the telekinesi power. There is many ways sylar could kill Superman and even justice league

Sylar is not immortal, there's nothing to prove that. You still haven't stated how he's going to counter Clark's invulnerability or speed.

Moderator
#33 Edited by drgnx (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant: Depending on the version of Peter, he can completely stop time and both his and Sylar's healing are instantaneous. Clark's only hope would be to instantly incinerate the two of them as they are the biggest threats along with Hiro.

I thought decapitation still worked. Sylar was still vulnerable to disablement with that spot in his Brain until he got shape shifting and moved it. In fact, they still wanted to kill him after they took him out with the drugs, before they put Nathan in him, so he was not invincible. Clare was only Un-killable until they changed history.

Time stop might work though, but can Peter absorb alien powers? If he could, then he can win. Sylar can win too if he could use his mimicry abilities with Peter's time Freeze.

#34 Edited by Just_J79 (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Superman slaughters the Heroes characters. And it won't be a pretty sight.

And with that the season sends..

#35 Posted by drgnx (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant:

Question about these battles: Are we taking into consideration that people are dead when certain people are at their peaks? Or is everyone resurrected before hand? There are a few threads like this.

#36 Posted by Immortal777 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

The only one who could give Superman trouble is HRG the man was close to Batman's lvl.

#37 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

I thought decapitation still worked. Sylar was still vulnerable to disablement with that spot in his Brain until he got shape shifting and moved it. In fact, they still wanted to kill him after they took him out with the drugs, before they put Nathan in him, so he was not invincible. Clare was only Un-killable until they changed history.

Time stop might work though, but can Peter absorb alien powers? If he could, then he can win. Sylar can win too if he could use his mimicry abilities with Peter's time Freeze.

I have no idea if Peter can absorb alien powers, nor if he can absorb multiple ones at the same time. My best guess is no, as the people in the Heroes universe have a specific gene and Peter's original powers picked up on that.

My best bet is that Clark would have to completely incinerate both Peter and Sylar to get rid of them, as he can't risk finding that "sweet spot" to permanently put down Sylar.

Moderator
#38 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter/Hiro/Sylar stop time. Sylar studies Superman and discovers Krytonite weakness. Sylar's power is the ability to find out how things work

Hiro finds some kyrtonite. Heroes win.

#39 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Deranged Midget: Couldn't Peter stop time then just let Sylar turn him to gold? Or liquefy him? Or plant an illusion in his head?

I think Deranged is going with season 1/2 version of Peter, while after season 4 Peter lost his powers and can only take one powers at a time, Sylar is the only beast running around with most of his powers lost as well.

#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Strider92 said:

@Deranged Midget: Couldn't Peter stop time then just let Sylar turn him to gold? Or liquefy him? Or plant an illusion in his head?

I think Deranged is going with season 1/2 version of Peter, while after season 4 Peter lost his powers and can only take one powers at a time, Sylar is the only beast running around with most of his powers lost as well.

Peter lost his powers in Season 3 I'm pretty sure, when his father re-appeared.

Moderator
#41 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Peter lost his powers in Season 3 I'm pretty sure, when his father re-appeared.

oh was it season 3 :) cool cool. Arthur was the one who pretty much rebooted both Sylar and Peter's powers, and once you take away the main reason you watch Heroes (sylar vs peter's rivalry) it because a little dull, that was a dumb move.

#42 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Yeah, to be honest, it was all about Hiro, Peter and Sylar. I couldn't care less for Claire after the first season.

Moderator
#43 Posted by Lvenger (19293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: She became quite a loose wheel after Season 1. There wasn't much point to her appearances. I always preferred Hiro's story anyway.

#44 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Yeah, Hiro and Peter were my favourite characters on the show because they actually had purposes.

Moderator
#45 Posted by Lvenger (19293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Heck even the Haitian had more purpose than Claire did in later seasons.

#46 Edited by drgnx (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@drgnx said:

I thought decapitation still worked. Sylar was still vulnerable to disablement with that spot in his Brain until he got shape shifting and moved it. In fact, they still wanted to kill him after they took him out with the drugs, before they put Nathan in him, so he was not invincible. Clare was only Un-killable until they changed history.

Time stop might work though, but can Peter absorb alien powers? If he could, then he can win. Sylar can win too if he could use his mimicry abilities with Peter's time Freeze.

I have no idea if Peter can absorb alien powers, nor if he can absorb multiple ones at the same time. My best guess is no, as the people in the Heroes universe have a specific gene and Peter's original powers picked up on that.

My best bet is that Clark would have to completely incinerate both Peter and Sylar to get rid of them, as he can't risk finding that "sweet spot" to permanently put down Sylar.

I think just his head needs to be destroyed. If someone takes off Sylar's, head, I don't see the body regenerating without it, I thought decapitation was the only way to kill self-healers. Assuming Sylar has evolved to the point that the head was still alive, then only that would need to be destroyed. I think Martian Man Hunter was able to survive with just an ARM by moving his brain there, but Sylar has not shown the level of skill.

Agreed with the alien genes though, tough call...

Also, it is true that if we assume the latest version of the characters, then Peter would only have the ability to use 1 power...unless there is a continuation comic I don't know about.

#47 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins this

#48 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: No, I'm pretty sure the OP stated Post-explosion Peter so that would be referring to Season 2 Peter, but up to what point exactly, I don't know.

Moderator
#49 Edited by The Stegman (23931 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way the Heroes team can win is if they work together and  distract Superman long enough for Hiro to BFR him to 1612 or something.

#50 Posted by Immortal777 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: No BFR