Heroes of the Lance (Dragon Lance) vs. The Fellowship of the Ring

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

#1  Edited By TronHammer

The Dragon Lance heroes are Tanis Half-Elven, Flint Fireforge, Sturn Brightblade, Caramon Majere, Raistlin Majere, Tasselhoff Burrfoot, Riverwind, and Goldmoon. The Fellowship of the Ring Gandalf, Gimli, Legolas, Aragorn, Merry, Pippen, Samwise, and Frodo. Who wins in an all out fight to the death?

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TronHammer

bump

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By whacknasty
@HammerTron: Awesome battle idea! I'm torn, since I spent more time reading the Dragon Lance books as a kid than the LTR books. 

Hmm...what counts as standard gear/forms for everyone? (Gandalf white or grey, Raistlin with just is staff or does he get any other magical artifacts?) 

Right now I'll side with the Dragon Lance guys, mostly because every one in the group was formidable in some way...and I dont count Merry, Pippen or Samwise as formidable at all for the LTR side...lol 
TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TronHammer

I only watched the LOTR movies, but I didn't see Gandalf hurling magic around in the heat of battle. Gandalf was certainly capable of handling a sword. I doubt Raistlin could handle a sword and at this point in his existance his magic wasn't very formidable, but he was able to use his magic while in the middle of a battle. It's tought, but Gandalf did take on a Balrog. The Fellowship of the Ring takes this.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

D&D magic is of a generally higher scale than LOTR magic, so any spellcasting battle should go to the D&D team.

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Mattersuit

I'd say D&D.