Hercules vs The Champion

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Theracles

Hercules vs The Champion, Im with Herc on this one since Champ lost to She-Hulk.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zoom

Champion if he gets the power gem.

Hercules if he doesn't.

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Theracles
Zoom said:
"Champion if he gets the power gem.

Hercules if he doesn't."
Just to clarify this is a battle where they are not using weapons or artifacts.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Hadrelius
Theracles said:
"Hercules vs The Champion, Im with Herc on this one since Champ lost to She-Hulk."

That was a case of some of the worst writting.

This guy has lived for centuries studying various forms of H2H combat. Devoting his life to the pursuit of perfecting his battle prowness. And has strength and power to rival the Hulk. Is beaten by someone who is weaker and has far less skill and the time  comparison in training would be a waste of time. 

I think Hercules is the best match for him because of his own skill and time in traning.  

I give it to Champion because he can become stronger than Herc and has more skill. But it would be close.  
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hadrelius

I read that he only lost to She-Hulk because he underestimated her since she was a female and didn't apply his skill and trainning because he got dependent on using the power gem.
So I can except her beating him based on those conditions. But in his earlier form (before he had the gem) she wouldn't stand a chance.
I also found out that he can't increase his strength with out the power gem, so I feel now that Hercules may actually win.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
Champion should win in a tough fight
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zoom

Champion doesn't have a prayer if he doesn't get the gem.  All of Champion's high ended wins came from when he had it.

Without it, he's lost to She-Hulk and beaten the Thing but sported a broken rib.

Hercules is far beyond She-Hulk or Thing.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
Zoom said:
"Champion doesn't have a prayer if he doesn't get the gem.  All of Champion's high ended wins came from when he had it.

Without it, he's lost to She-Hulk and beaten the Thing but sported a broken rib.

Hercules is far beyond She-Hulk or Thing."
Oh Yeah ?
geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By geodoc

Hercules can increase his strength, plus he has thousands of years of experience (though champion also has millenia of experience and is more skilled, hercules should be a better wrestler).  Herc should win this.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zoom
King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:
"Champion doesn't have a prayer if he doesn't get the gem.  All of Champion's high ended wins came from when he had it.

Oh Yeah ?"
Yeah.  :-p
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hadrelius
geodoc said:
"Hercules can increase his strength, plus he has thousands of years of experience (though champion also has millenia of experience and is more skilled, hercules should be a better wrestler).  Herc should win this."

Herc strength can't be increased. His power level is what it is.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hadrelius
Zoom said:

His strength is class 100 without the gem. And he didn't need it for before. She-Hulk beat him because he became dependent on it and stop using the skills he obtained from the countless combats over many millenniums. He is one of the few that could match Hercs strength and fighting skills. And I believe his skills may be greater, the question being is his strength?
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Theracles
Alpha said:
"Zoom said:

His strength is class 100 without the gem. And he didn't need it for before. She-Hulk beat him because he became dependent on it and stop using the skills he obtained from the countless combats over many millenniums. He is one of the few that could match Hercs strength and fighting skills. And I believe his skills may be greater, the question being is his strength?"
I made this battle because I am not sure of the winner, Hercules may win, his strenght is great indeed, if The Champion gained broken ribs fighting the Thing then he wouldn't beat Hercules who made the Thing submit and theyh have fought but Hercules has never gained injury from that fight, I'm also with Hercules because he may be more durable.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zoom

Define "need."  I haven't seen the guy do anything without the power gem that leads me to believe he'd be able to best Hercules.  He'd give him a decent fight but he certainly wouldn't win.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
Zoom said:
"King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:

Oh Yeah ?"
Yeah.  :-p"
Well Cowabunga then

lol
The 502 Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By The 502 Kid

Herc wins this pretty quickly

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The 502 Kid said:
"Herc wins this pretty quickly"
No he doesn't.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hadrelius

I just read that Champion can increase his strength by using the Power Primordial like the Surfer can do it by using the Power cosmic.
So as I stated before Champion can become stronger like the Hulk.

He would beat Herc.

Avatar image for duke_checkmate_iii
Duke Checkmate III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Champion without the Power Gem gets his face beat in.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lance Bastro
Alpha said:
"Theracles said:
"Hercules vs The Champion, Im with Herc on this one since Champ lost to She-Hulk."

This guy has lived for centuries studying various forms of H2H combat. Devoting his life to the pursuit of perfecting his battle prowness. And has strength and power to rival the Hulk. Is beaten by someone who is weaker and has far less skill and the time  comparison in training would be a waste of time. 

I think Hercules is the best match for him because of his own skill and time in traning.  

I give it to Champion because he can become stronger than Herc and has more skill. But it would be close.  "
Not just that, but Champion is faster than light (his reflexes).
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hadrelius
Lance Bastro said:
"Alpha said:
"Theracles said:

I give it to Champion because he can become stronger than Herc and has more skill. But it would be close.  "
Not just that, but Champion is faster than light (his reflexes)."

No he's not.
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Theracles
Alpha said:
"Lance Bastro said:
"Alpha said:
"Theracles said:

Not just that, but Champion is faster than light (his reflexes)."

No he's not."
Exactly, faster than light reflexes is way out of the Champion's arsenal. I doubt he even has nano second reflexes like the Silver Surfer.
geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By geodoc
Alpha said:
"geodoc said:
"Hercules can increase his strength, plus he has thousands of years of experience (though champion also has millenia of experience and is more skilled, hercules should be a better wrestler).  Herc should win this."

Herc strength can't be increased. His power level is what it is."

Acutally,  he can.  Here's a quote about his power from this site:

Hercules' principal power is his superhuman strength. He is not only the strongest of the Olympian Gods, but is also one of the strongest humanoid beings ever to walk the earth. Hercules can lift easily over 100 tons and Hercules is the god of strenght which allows him to increase his strenght at his own will and has been observed to lift and carry a starship,drag the island of manhattan, lift and hurl a giant sequoia, and drop-kick a bulldozer. He has also been observed to carry the earth and the heavens, he has killed the Nemean Lion, he has killed the Hydra (with a little help), Hercules defines strenght in the Marvel Universe (along side Hulk). Hercules is one of the strongest superheroes on Earth.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Hercules owns Champion.Without the Power Gem...Hercules overpowers him.

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Theracles
Vance Astro said:
"Hercules owns Champion.Without the Power Gem...Hercules overpowers him."

My thoughts exactly.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hadrelius
geodoc said:
"Alpha said:
"geodoc said:

Hercules' principal power is his superhuman strength. He is not only the strongest of the Olympian Gods, but is also one of the strongest humanoid beings ever to walk the earth. Hercules can lift easily over 100 tons and Hercules is the god of strenght which allows him to increase his strenght at his own will and has been observed to lift and carry a starship,drag the island of manhattan, lift and hurl a giant sequoia, and drop-kick a bulldozer. He has also been observed to carry the earth and the heavens, he has killed the Nemean Lion, he has killed the Hydra (with a little help), Hercules defines strenght in the Marvel Universe (along side Hulk). Hercules is one of the strongest superheroes on Earth.

"
How can he be the god of strength when he's not actually a god? He doesn't obtain godhood until he dies, which hasn't happen in the Marvel U yet.
lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lionheart

HERCULES

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SeSAW

Champion

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Theracles
Alpha said:
"geodoc said:
"Alpha said:
"geodoc said:

"
How can he be the god of strength when he's not actually a god? He doesn't obtain godhood until he dies, which hasn't happen in the Marvel U yet."
Maybe thats when he was a full god before when he completed the 12 labors.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hadrelius
Theracles said:
"Alpha said:
"geodoc said:
"Alpha said:
"geodoc said:

"
How can he be the god of strength when he's not actually a god? He doesn't obtain godhood until he dies, which hasn't happen in the Marvel U yet."
Maybe thats when he was a full god before when he completed the 12 labors."

Marvel's concept of Hercules is still based on the myth. Which leaves him as half human/half god. He refers to himself as the Prince of Power. I take that as him being aire to the godly power that's will be his.
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Theracles
Alpha said:
"Theracles said:
"Alpha said:
"geodoc said:
"Alpha said:
"geodoc said:

"

Marvel's concept of Hercules is still based on the myth. Which leaves him as half human/half god. He refers to himself as the Prince of Power. I take that as him being aire to the godly power that's will be his."

Marvel made Thor gain the Odinforce since Odin became a stale character its not too long before Zeus becomes stale and they give his power over to Hercules.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Theracles said:
"Alpha said:
"Theracles said:
"Alpha said:
"geodoc said:
"Alpha said:
"geodoc said:

"

Marvel's concept of Hercules is still based on the myth. Which leaves him as half human/half god. He refers to himself as the Prince of Power. I take that as him being aire to the godly power that's will be his."

Marvel made Thor gain the Odinforce since Odin became a stale character its not too long before Zeus becomes stale and they give his power over to Hercules."
Zues has been stale since his first appearance.
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Theracles
Vance Astro said:
"Theracles said:
"Alpha said:
"Theracles said:
"Alpha said:
"geodoc said:
"Alpha said:
"geodoc said:

"

Marvel made Thor gain the Odinforce since Odin became a stale character its not too long before Zeus becomes stale and they give his power over to Hercules."
Zues has been stale since his first appearance."

Thats exactly why Marvel should hand over Zeus's power to Herc, Herc's regular opponents are people like the Hulk, if he gains Zeus's power he could battle Thor, The Silver Surfer, Sentry and others which will be interesting. If Herc gets Zeus's power soon and he learns to use it fully do you think he could beat Sentry?
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By PowerHerc
@Vance Astro: 
Herc is a full god.  He earned it in ancient Greece.  This has been stated in Herc's bios and most recently in The Incredible Hercules series.  His mortal life ended and died and his immortal side was raised up to Olympus where Zeus made him a true god.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@PowerHerc said:
" @Vance Astro: Herc is a full god.  He earned it in ancient Greece.  This has been stated in Herc's bios and most recently in The Incredible Hercules series.  His mortal life ended and died and his immortal side was raised up to Olympus where Zeus made him a true god. "
Thanks for responding to something I said a year ago.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By PowerHerc
@Vance Astro:
Don't mention it.  Glad to help. 

Herc and the Champion are very similar.  Both have limitless strength.  Both are true immortals.  Both have thousands of years of hand to hand combat experience.   
I can't give either the advantage in  strength.  I give Champion the edge in fighting skills due to his longer life and single-minded dedication to fighting.  Herc has spent just as much time drinking and bedding women as he has fighting.  Based on past stories, Herc has the advantage in durability.  Letting the She-Hulk beat "the Champion  of the Universe" in a fair fight for any reason is absolute bullshit.  She has rudimentary skills at best.  Champions millenia of training would make his skills automatic.  He should never have been depicted losing that fight.  But Marvel did it.  That said, Herc kicks Champions Elder of the Universe ass.  They let the She-Hulk do it, so there's no way Herc could possibly lose this one.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@PowerHerc said:
" @Vance Astro: Don't mention it.  Glad to help.  Herc and the Champion are very similar.  Both have limitless strength.  Both are true immortals.  Both have thousands of years of hand to hand combat experience.   I can't give either the advantage in  strength.  I give Champion the edge in fighting skills due to his longer life and single-minded dedication to fighting.  Herc has spent just as much time drinking and bedding women as he has fighting.  Based on past stories, Herc has the advantage in durability.  Letting the She-Hulk beat "the Champion  of the Universe" in a fair fight for any reason is absolute bullshit.  She has rudimentary skills at best.  Champions millenia of training would make his skills automatic.  He should never have been depicted losing that fight.  But Marvel did it.  That said, Herc kicks Champions Elder of the Universe ass.  They let the She-Hulk do it, so there's no way Herc could possibly lose this one. "
In case you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic.I agree with what you've said though.
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Herc would mop the floor with Slatterus
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pooty

Champion is the most mistreated character in Marvel. All the other Elders of the Universe are highly respected and considered near the best in their life pursuit. Champion went from world to world beating the best of the best but comes to our planet and gets destroyed by everyone. His ONLY PURPOSE in life is fighting. He has fighting styles from countless opponents in countless galaxies. Herc should not stand a chance in all truthfulness. But according to Marvel Herc would win.

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Undergroundgod

Hercules wins, but Champion should win. Marvel has however wrote his ass into a loss in this fight against Herc.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@pooty said:
" Champion is the most mistreated character in Marvel. All the other Elders of the Universe are highly respected and considered near the best in their life pursuit. Champion went from world to world beating the best of the best but comes to our planet and gets destroyed by everyone. His ONLY PURPOSE in life is fighting. He has fighting styles from countless opponents in countless galaxies. Herc should not stand a chance in all truthfulness. But according to Marvel Herc would win. "
Actually almost all of the Elders have lost or been killed by a Hulk related character.
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
" @pooty said:
" Champion is the most mistreated character in Marvel. All the other Elders of the Universe are highly respected and considered near the best in their life pursuit. Champion went from world to world beating the best of the best but comes to our planet and gets destroyed by everyone. His ONLY PURPOSE in life is fighting. He has fighting styles from countless opponents in countless galaxies. Herc should not stand a chance in all truthfulness. But according to Marvel Herc would win. "
Actually almost all of the Elders have lost or been killed by a Hulk related character. "

Ah, the Loebforce at its finest: 

rightprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rightprice
@Vance Astro:
I thought the elders had been baned from death's relm, making them truely immortal?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@rightprice said:
" @Vance Astro: I thought the elders had been baned from death's relm, making them truely immortal? "
They might be but I think they just come back when they die.I don't think Gardener survived his fight with Hulk and I haven't been reading current Hulk but I don't think Grandmaster survived his fight with Rulk.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By pooty
@Vance Astro:  Now they're dogging all the Elders. BARNACLES!! I still say Champion SHOULD win but Herc would in a book.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@pooty said:
" @Vance Astro:  Now they're dogging all the Elders. BARNACLES!! I still say Champion SHOULD win but Herc would in a book. "
Hercules would win period.He outclasses the Champion strength wise which since he's never proven to have any of the skills Marvel claims he has is his only asset.Thanos was beating the hell out of him...and Thanos is a pretty weak combatant skill wise as well.
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Neon_Nemesis

Didn't Champion get his ass kicked by She Hulk?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Neon_Nemesis said:

" Didn't Champion get his ass kicked by She Hulk? "

Yes.And I know people would like to say she's not capable because he's an Elder but he's never really done anything without the Power Gem that proves he could have beaten her.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pooty
@Vance Astro: That was my point. Marvel writers and the Marvel Handbook said that Champion was this and that. But never showed it.