• 191 results
#51 Posted by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@HumanNumber: Again, that explains nothing. Black Holes are NOT physical objects you can just run over to and pick up. Please don't go and try explaining that the magnetic field kept it in check. You can't see magnetic fields, you can't touch them. It was bad writing man, get over it.

You're still trying to hold comic books to a standard they aren't going to meet. That was the explanation given, you don't have to be ok with it.
#52 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@HumanNumber: Except you don't understand that simple physical strength can't do that. I would understand he had some telekinetic or matter control but he doesn't so it's irrelevant. And I'm not trying to hold comic books to a realistic standard, it's just logic.

#53 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought I'd give a little Herc respect here, cuz, well, he needs a little love; 

Ripping open Terminus' armor. One of the few who've pulled it off. 

Holds his own agains the Destroyer, alone, for awhile...  

Old book, but reaffirms actually 'holding the world' for Atlas (hey, take it or leave it but it's there! LOL) 

Lifts and tosses Godzilla... 
 The classic armwrestle. Enough pressure to knock the whole planet out of orbit... (there's another where Hercules actually drags all of Manhattan but can't find the pic). 
But overall, Hercules (outside of celestial Herc hefting the planet) does not have the strength feats of the DC gods... yet!! 
I have to give the win to Superman regardless of Thor's hammer here ...
#54 Posted by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@HumanNumber: Except you don't understand that simple physical strength can't do that. I would understand he had some telekinetic or matter control but he doesn't so it's irrelevant. And I'm not trying to hold comic books to a realistic standard, it's just logic.

Alright, looking at the book again it doesn't even seem as though the black hole is even formed. It looks like he's actually holding onto this crystal which i believe is Mnemon, so i think we're arguing over nothing. Superman mentions a miniature black hole and that it could cause damage if released but it wasn't actually a black hole when he grasps it.
#55 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@HumanNumber: Ok, my apologies then. I realized that as well.

#56 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@lordraiden: Exactly what I said. Superman is indeed stronger than Hercules, but there are some ridiculous things he performs. There is no possible way to "pick up" a black hole.

herc holding the heaven is very ridiculous as well, dont you think.
#57 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@demifiend: Indeed but as is anything somewhat related to mythology.

#58 Posted by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@HumanNumber: Ok, my apologies then. I realized that as well.

No problem, i should have noticed it before.
#59 Posted by SlimJ87D (9608 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the same as Thor vs Superman except the way Thor and Herc fight may be different... Herc is more goofy or less serious than Thor. 

#60 Posted by alexandrinus (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc could win here. Both Thor and Superman have won at lest once one againts the other. So if Herc can tap into all the powers of mjolnir, he gets the upper hand. Speed blitz would not be a problem as Mjolnir grants his user near or even ligth speed (flying only). Herc as incredible durability (enough to resist some of superman's punches) and the powers of mjolnir (well used) should protect him against the other powers of superman. On the other hand, Hercules hiting superman with mjolnir would do an incredible damage to superman (herc strength plus Mjolnir >>>> superman punche). If that would not be enough, yhe magicL Abilities of Thor's hammer would finish the job.
#61 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@demifiend: You're joking right? Superman is stronger than Hercules but not by a big margin. In a regular fight, Superman has the advantage due to flight, speed, and his other powers. This is basically a stronger Thor vs Superman.

Considering morals are on, Hercules doesn't have a distinct connection with Mjolnir, Superman wins 6/10 times.

This is not a "Stronger Thor vs Superman" at all. Look at BRB, he has had storm breaker for a long time and still can't use it to anywhere near to what Thor can do with it. Imo Herc would just be able to use its basic powers, there would be no "winds from a 1000 worlds" or "heat from 1000 suns" spells, time manupilation etc.
#62 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this any different than Thor vs. Superman?

#63 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio
@GreenLantern555 said:

Mastery of the Hammer, the way Herc would launch his attack or try to defend would be much different than Thor. He does not have the mastery that Thor has with the hammer. This is closer to a stronger Beta Ray Bill vs Superman
#64 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapitolPunishment said:
@GreenLantern555 said:
Mastery of the Hammer, the way Herc would launch his attack or try to defend would be much different than Thor. He does not have the mastery that Thor has with the hammer. This is closer to a stronger Beta Ray Bill vs Superman
But in terms of power, it's about the same, 
#65 Posted by AssertingValor (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

still herc.....................

#66 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio
@GreenLantern555 said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
@GreenLantern555 said:
But in terms of power, it's about the same, 

Raw power, yes it is close. Thor always got the edge over Herc because of the spells that come with the hammer, without them Herc would be the better H2H fighter (see below). I would imagine Herc would be slightly stronger physically than Thor with the hammer but not as versitile in using it. 

#67 Posted by Hemlin (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@demifiend: You're right, Herc is too strong for Supes.

#68 Posted by funckygarcon (266 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, i'm looking at the replies and laughing. Hercules has unlimited stamina, he's immortal and strength-wise, on par with Superman since he held the world (an extraordinary feat).

again, Hercules is IMMORTAL. I don't see how Superman can kill him, add to all of this that Hercules is far more skilled in H2H combat and has thousands of years of experience (something u can't say about Superman) add to all of the above, the Magical Nemean Lion Skin Armor (virtually impenetrable) and his golden mace (totally unbreakable)...i don't know, I say Hercules has this.

but i just love how everybody jumps in quickly and says Superman without giving Hercules his worth. he's highly underrated.

#69 Posted by Wolfrazer (6378 posts) - - Show Bio
@funckygarcon said:

lol, i'm looking at the replies and laughing. Hercules has unlimited stamina, he's immortal and strength-wise, on par with Superman since he held the world (an extraordinary feat).

again, Hercules is IMMORTAL. I don't see how Superman can kill him, add to all of this that Hercules is far more skilled in H2H combat and has thousands of years of experience (something u can't say about Superman) add to all of the above, the Magical Nemean Lion Skin Armor (virtually impenetrable) and his golden mace (totally unbreakable)...i don't know, I say Hercules has this.

but i just love how everybody jumps in quickly and says Superman without giving Hercules his worth. he's highly underrated.

He doesn't have the Lion skin or his mace just Thor's hammer here. Though ya, I do think Herc is underrated in both DC and Marvel...well actually moreso DC, he should be one of the top tier strongest characters but he isn't which is rather stupid.
#70 Edited by funckygarcon (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@funckygarcon

said:

He doesn't have the Lion skin or his mace just Thor's hammer here. Though ya, I do think Herc is underrated in both DC and Marvel...well actually moreso DC, he should be one of the top tier strongest characters but he isn't which is rather stupid.

The Op didn't mention anything about his outfit. so I assume we're free to imagine Hercules in any outfit. When I Imagine Hercules, I imagine him with his complete outfit (the Nemean Skin Armor and His Golden Mace) I know the Op said that he is holding Thor's Hammer, but nothing objects the assumption that he holds the mace near his waist, right?

anyway, I highly doubt Superman is capable of defeating Hercules

#71 Posted by God_Spawn (37585 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. As usual, speed kills. Herc lacks the experience with Mjolnir and he was getting danced around by Spider-Man and got a shot off because Pete couldn't hurt him and just stood there. Superman's fighting speed and perception is still vastly beyond Hercules and just because he has Mjolnir here doesn't give him an edge to win.

#72 Posted by Lvenger (19120 posts) - - Show Bio

@funckygarcon: Why do you doubt Superman can win? It's more unlikely that Hercules can beat Superman.

This sums up my thoughts succinctly enough.

Superman. As usual, speed kills. Herc lacks the experience with Mjolnir and he was getting danced around by Spider-Man and got a shot off because Pete couldn't hurt him and just stood there. Superman's fighting speed and perception is still vastly beyond Hercules and just because he has Mjolnir here doesn't give him an edge to win.

#73 Posted by TheLastSane1 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman will win here because his fanboys will always believe that he is the true god of the DC universe. Flash is suppose to be the Fastest in DC but Superman on Comicvine can go from 0 to a few quintillion times light speed in an instant at least according to his fans.

Herc wins this the moment Superman gets close. The hammer swings at normal full power at the speed of light (No Superman does not fight at FTL, no stop typing he simply cannot.) if needing to go faster it can swing at 2x Lightspeed if he reduces its physical striking force.

Superman is not immune to magic, he is not weak to it but his invulnerability has no barring on this. Albiet the writers for Superman tend to forget Superman has weaknesses because I am starting to think most converted to Supermanity and worship him as a true god in our world.

The Uru Metal is magic, straight up it is magic all on its own. Mjolnir is more then just magic it carries with it a fraction of the Odinforce which is damn near infinite. Now a fraction of Infinite is still Infinite so a fraction of something damn near infinite is still damn near infinite.

Strength wise Herc before Mjolnir would at least put the hurt on Superman the sky at-least if you follow myth is very heavy, how heavy? Well roughly 5.5 Quintillion tons. Superman could pull 6.6 Quintillion tons (The earth). Why does the sky weight this, well in Mythology it is given substance or at least a portion of it is and it weights the weight of the rest. Please check out a Percy Jackson thread to find the exact method for finding this.

So Herc + Mjolnir would be damn hard to beat. Superman has limits, people who use the Speedblitz theory are idiotic. Superman does not Speedblitz people nor can you prove that just because Superman can punch him once very fast that he would win. Speedblitz only works if you can throw multiple punches that can do something. None of you have given evidence that Superman can hurt Herc with his strength. Notice Herc in those scans casually tosses the sky back to Atlas and goes off meaning 5.5 is no where near his limit. 6.6 was hard for Superman to pull (There was a reason but still showing he had to struggle means this is still close) also John Stewart was saying he was giving him all the power he had, now he was making the construct but this is vague and could mean john was loaning superman some of his own energy as well.

#74 Edited by Lvenger (19120 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman will win here because his fanboys will always believe that he is the true god of the DC universe. Flash is suppose to be the Fastest in DC but Superman on Comicvine can go from 0 to a few quintillion times light speed in an instant at least according to his fans.

You're mixing things up. Flash is by far more powerful than Superman and has more ways to beat Superman. Plus travel speed does not equal combat speed as I will correct you on later on. Superman can travel at FTL speeds but he needs time to accelerate and he can't move at these speeds. This is evident by this scan where he "loses his earthly perceptions" at moving at such speeds. Superman can't fight at FTL speeds but neither can Thor or Hercules.

Herc wins this the moment Superman gets close. The hammer swings at normal full power at the speed of light (No Superman does not fight at FTL, no stop typing he simply cannot.) if needing to go faster it can swing at 2x Lightspeed if he reduces its physical striking force.

Incorrect. The hammer can travel at light speed but Thor nor Hercules can swing it at FTL speeds. Look at this scan. It says the hammer, not the user has travelled at light speed

Superman is not immune to magic, he is not weak to it but his invulnerability has no barring on this. Albiet the writers for Superman tend to forget Superman has weaknesses because I am starting to think most converted to Supermanity and worship him as a true god in our world.

Magic can affect Superman but it's not the be all, end all of finishing him like kryptonite or red sun radiation is. He's endured magical transmutation spells as well as Captain Marvel's Shazam bolt of lightning in a fight whilst he was possessed by Eclipso. I can easily provide scans should you wish me to support this point.

The Uru Metal is magic, straight up it is magic all on its own. Mjolnir is more then just magic it carries with it a fraction of the Odinforce which is damn near infinite. Now a fraction of Infinite is still Infinite so a fraction of something damn near infinite is still damn near infinite.

Oh so we're using the magical hammer argument now? And what's this, a fallacious use of the stored Odin Force within the hammer? Damn that's some poor reasoning. If you actually read the issue, you'd see that the Odinforce for one is not infinite as Thor only had a portion of it that Dr Strange used to restore the hammer. And secondly we never see Mjolnir use the Odinforce's abilities. So yeah, there goes your weak as hell infinite claim out the window.

Strength wise Herc before Mjolnir would at least put the hurt on Superman the sky at-least if you follow myth is very heavy, how heavy? Well roughly 5.5 Quintillion tons. Superman could pull 6.6 Quintillion tons (The earth). Why does the sky weight this, well in Mythology it is given substance or at least a portion of it is and it weights the weight of the rest. Please check out a Percy Jackson thread to find the exact method for finding this.

Thor's striking feats with Mjolnir are beyond Superman's moon busting at best striking feats I admit. But seriously using this stupid 5.5 quintillion rubbish? Lifting strength does not equal striking strength. A weight lifter can bench more than a boxer but a boxer can hit harder than him. In order to see who hits harder, you have to look at their striking, not lifting feats. And you can't apply Hercules' striking feats to assume he can hit as hard as Thor. That's ridiculous reasoning.

So Herc + Mjolnir would be damn hard to beat. Superman has limits, people who use the Speedblitz theory are idiotic. Superman does not Speedblitz people nor can you prove that just because Superman can punch him once very fast that he would win. Speedblitz only works if you can throw multiple punches that can do something. None of you have given evidence that Superman can hurt Herc with his strength. Notice Herc in those scans casually tosses the sky back to Atlas and goes off meaning 5.5 is no where near his limit. 6.6 was hard for Superman to pull (There was a reason but still showing he had to struggle means this is still close) also John Stewart was saying he was giving him all the power he had, now he was making the construct but this is vague and could mean john was loaning superman some of his own energy as well.

No Herc+Mjolnir=very easy for Superman to beat. This is where your argument reaches rock bottom and shows your lack of Superman knowledge. Here are some instances where Superman speedblitzes his foes

Yeah. Except for the times when he blitzed Mongul, blitzed Doomsday Rex, blitzed Darkseid, blitzed an Imperiex Probe, blitzed Gog, blitzed Gnarnite, blitzed a Kryptonian strike team, blitzed Deathstroke,blitzed Subjeckt 17, blitzed H/P Doomsday and BFR'd Batman before the Four Horsemen could react, it's just an excuse DC fanboys like to use to say Supes wins. Christ.....

If you want I can get you scans where Superman blitzes Ultraman, an evil version of Superman who is nearly equal in power with kidney punches and jabs. I mean there are so many instances when Superman has speed blitzed his foes it isn't even funny. Your inflating of Hercules' stats is ludicrous. Hercules does not fight at hypersonic+ combat speed nor does he have nano second reaction times. He'll barely lay a finger on Superman and the times he gets a lucky shot won't finish Superman off. Superman can hit Hercules many, many more times than Hercules can hit Superman.

#75 Posted by God_Spawn (37585 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelastsane1:

Who mentioned a speedblitz? I mentioned Superman's speed advantage which is true. He is far faster regardless of speedblitzing or not.

Thor swung Mjolnir around twice the speed of light to open a portal decades ago. Never has Thor used a lightspeed swing in combat, let alone twice the speed. And let's not let that one small tidbit ignore the fact that people have grabbed Mjolnir mid-swing plenty of times and dodged it. By this logic, this means the Hulk is FTL, Loki is FTL, Wolverine is FTL, Spider-Man is FTL, Mongoose is FTL, She-Hulk is FTL, Rulk is FTL, Phoenix Emma Frost is FTL and Red Skull is FTL since they have dodged/grabbed/blocked a Mjolnir swing and this just to name a few. So decades of multiple showings say this logic doesn't fly and if you go by your logic, then you are admitting that all these characters are FTL because Thor always swings at that speed, which is not true.

The Uru Metal is magic, straight up it is magic all on its own. Mjolnir is more then just magic it carries with it a fraction of the Odinforce which is damn near infinite. Now a fraction of Infinite is still Infinite so a fraction of something damn near infinite is still damn near infinite

The Odinforce in Mjolnir hasn't even been relevant in a few years. It hasn't amped Thor to any degree since Strange pulled that portion out and into Mjolnir, it hasn't made him faster, nor has it been used. So why it becomes relevant all of a sudden is beyond me.

This feat is about as relevant as Superman helping to lift the Spectre or helping to hold up the Book of Infinite Pages.

I wouldn't call anyone idiots on here. Especially when Superman has blitzed Mongul, Imperiex Probe, Doomsday Rex, Hunter Prey Doomsday, Darkseid, Batman to BFR him before the Horseman could react, Deathstroke, and a Kryptonian Strike team among others.

can you prove that just because Superman can punch him once very fast that he would win.

Fighting against the likes of Doomsday and Ultraman suggest otherwise.

Because Hercules is so fast himself, right?

And in retort for the definitely possible Sentry scan during Civil War, Sentry was not trying to hurt anyone in the fight, so he wasn't trying.

Or that just because he has Mjolnir, right? That's why Thor has been blitzed by Mongoose, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Captain America himself said he was slow? And don't post Thor using a wide attack on Quicksilver, because he couldn't even tag Quicksilver. He had to use an area attack so he couldn't escape and Pietro is an idiot in combat.

And Superman can't hurt Hercules when Namor has hurt him, WWH was able to bludgeon his face in with a few punches, right, and Savage Hulk could hurt him? Giving him Mjolnir doesn't make him more durable. So by your logic, hurting Darkseid, Ultraman, Doomsday, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman etc means he can't hurt Hercules when the likes of Namor or Hulk have? I find that to be a little far fetched. WWH doesn't have a huge advantage in strength over any of these guys if you believe he does.

I don't really think you have an argument here that Hercules wins. Especially when you're calling people idiots (careful with the insults), and saying Superman can't harm Hercules and you're banking on a relatively weak point of "holding up the sky", and a 4 decade old reference of Mjolnir.

#76 Edited by Lvenger (19120 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Damn and I thought I destroyed the reasoning of his post. You found flaws I didn't even see. And you call me a Superman expert :P

#77 Edited by Saren (25577 posts) - - Show Bio

Being that this is CV, I am used to people b!tching about their favorite characters being slower than Superman, but is someone really arguing that Superman cannot even hurt Hercules?

#78 Posted by Lvenger (19120 posts) - - Show Bio

Being that this is CV, I am used to people b!tching about their favorite characters being slower than Superman, but is someone really arguing that Superman cannot even hurt Hercules?

This is a Superman vs Thor thread in disguise. All the Superman haters come out to try and justify why so and so is way superior to Superman. It's a breeding ground for them after all.

#79 Edited by TDK_1997 (14654 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins.

#80 Edited by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

@lvenger:

I was being Ironic. And my point was not so much about the actual characters but more so the Comicvine posters since 99% of Superman posts are 'Speedblitz' which was mostly my point.

I mean I know Superman is Jesus in DC but seriously the whole argument that nothing can ever hurt him is getting dull.

#81 Edited by God_Spawn (37585 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Because I am no Superman expert and you're post was a bit more wordy than mine :P. Despite the 3 minute post difference.

#82 Edited by Saren (25577 posts) - - Show Bio

@perpetr8rmike said:

@god_spawn:

@lvenger:

I was being Ironic. And my point was not so much about the actual characters but more so the Comicvine posters since 99% of Superman posts are 'Speedblitz' which was mostly my point.

I mean I know Superman is Jesus in DC but seriously the whole argument that nothing can ever hurt him is getting dull.

Either irony does not mean what I have always thought it meant or you have a rather bizarre sense of irony. Your point being not so much about the characters is weird considering you went to noticeable efforts to analyze how the characters would match up; your analysis was wrong, but nonetheless. I don't believe anyone here has claimed nothing can ever hurt Superman; matter of fact, I'm pretty sure you're the only one here who keeps pretending it's an issue. I know hardcore Superman nuts on this site, and even they wouldn't try to argue that Herc couldn't possibly hurt Superman even a little bit.

#83 Edited by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I do apologize I just got my cousin on Comicvine but since he is new he wanted to use my account to post his counter comment. He is also complaining about the post limit on new accounts.

I do agree I am very tired of the Superman Speedblitz argument because its stupid and dull. Also Superman does not fight that way, but of course every single DC character gets that argument (Oh well they speedblitz and win). Superman also needs to accelerate to reach extremely high speeds and FTL.

Also Thor and Herc have never been Rebooted thus even if it has not been used for years it is still a legit ability.

#84 Posted by mcool135 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins 8/10 times. Hercules just inherited to hammer, so he won't be experienced enough to go into a full fledged battle with Superman.

#85 Posted by Saren (25577 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane:

I do apologize I just got my cousin on Comicvine but since he is new he wanted to use my account to post his counter comment. He is also complaining about the post limit on new accounts.

Alrighty, then your cousin does not know what irony is.

I do agree I am very tired of the Superman Speedblitz argument because its stupid and dull. Also Superman does not fight that way, but of course every single DC character gets that argument (Oh well they speedblitz and win). Superman also needs to accelerate to reach extremely high speeds and FTL.

I can pretty much guarantee there's about 50 different incidents of Superman fighting that way for every one you can find of Thor or Hercules. Superman didn't need to accelerate to pulverize Ultraman with his speed.

Also Thor and Herc have never been Rebooted thus even if it has not been used for years it is still a legit ability.

What is? Swinging his hammer around at twice the speed of light? Thor only ever did that while time-traveling, and ever since his time-travel abilities were taken away by Immortus in Avengers Forever, it's never happened since. Did you mean something else?

#86 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I was more referring to anything in Herc and Thor's history from their creation on is still Canon.

#87 Posted by Saren (25577 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I was more referring to anything in Herc and Thor's history from their creation on is still Canon.

So.......

#88 Posted by God_Spawn (37585 posts) - - Show Bio

@perpetr8rmike:

Only in certain circumstances. Arguments should be based off of consistency and characteristics in battle. Superman blitzing is a lot more common of an ability he has used and his combat speed is shown far more faster on a regular basis. Thor swinging Mjolnir at light speed at someone is not, and quite frankly isn't something he has even done to my knowledge, so it won't take precedent here.

#89 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc, ftw.

Herc could win here. Both Thor and Superman have won at lest once one againts the other. So if Herc can tap into all the powers of mjolnir, he gets the upper hand. Speed blitz would not be a problem as Mjolnir grants his user near or even ligth speed (flying only). Herc as incredible durability (enough to resist some of superman's punches) and the powers of mjolnir (well used) should protect him against the other powers of superman. On the other hand, Hercules hiting superman with mjolnir would do an incredible damage to superman (herc strength plus Mjolnir >>>> superman punche). If that would not be enough, yhe magicL Abilities of Thor's hammer would finish the job.

#90 Posted by Saren (25577 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc, ftw.

@alexandrinus said:

I sincerely hope your reasoning does not boil down to "Well, Mjolnir will make him fast enough, and well, Mjolnir will make him tough enough, and well, Mjolnir should hit hard enough, and well, if all else fails, Mjolnir will do something, I guess."

#91 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

@spiderbuck said:

Herc, ftw.

@alexandrinus said:

I sincerely hope your reasoning does not boil down to "Well, Mjolnir will make him fast enough, and well, Mjolnir will make him tough enough, and well, Mjolnir should hit hard enough, and well, if all else fails, Mjolnir will do something, I guess."

Herc doesn't need Mjolnir to make him "tough enough" or to "hit hard enough".

#92 Edited by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Realistically Thor.

#93 Posted by genghis (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that Hercules inherited or acquired many new powers thanks to Amadeus Cho and Hercules essentially has all the powers of a Sky Father now which puts him into the same power category as Zeus, which gives him the ability to fly, vast new magical ability, immortality, indestructibility, etc. Hercules with Sky Father boost is a great match for Superman and I wouls put Herc a little ahead. Without Sky Father powers, I am giving the nod to Superman even with Thor's hammer, simply because the ablility to fly is a huge advantage in a fight.

#94 Posted by darktiger (4406 posts) - - Show Bio

@bornstar said:

supes win here because of speed

definitively and he's stronger then herc actually supes can lift a million tons

#95 Posted by Abeonis_ (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Superman. This is how I see it: you've got your gods...then you've got Superman.

#96 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has no weaknesses and according to his fans have Infinite Strength, Speed, Durability, and Intelligence. So every thread that is vs Superman is Superman wins.

Can we lock this yet?

#97 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has no weaknesses and according to his fans have Infinite Strength, Speed, Durability, and Intelligence. So every thread that is vs Superman is Superman wins.

Can we lock this yet?

Agreed.

#98 Posted by TheTruthNerds (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@perpetr8rmike: superman does have infinite strength. He is always as strong as he needs to be to win. As long as he has blue or yellow energy, he will get stronger and stronger and stronger. He has a scan from the silver age showing him carrying 10+ planets from one side of the universe to the other.

#99 Edited by Name55555 (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, but isn't Superman much faster then Herc?

i'm not saying Superman = speedblitz all the times, but cmon... even Spiderman is too fast for Hercules.

(i think we all agree that Superman is much faster then Spiderman)

#100 Edited by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthnerds: Which is why he was nerfed Post Crisis. The problem has become he is a GOD he has no weaknesses and is so powerful that he makes 90% of all other heroes in DC pointless.