Hercules vs. Hulk

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You could put Hulk vs Galactus and these fanboys would stills say that Hulk wins.

Hercules wins.

No Caption Provided

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#152  Edited By GhostRavage

@coolcat4 said:

@ghostravage: herc held the sky or earth which is like 5.75 sextilion tons

LMAO! when did they stated the weight!? Hahahaha! HA! xD Anyway, Hulk made a planet explode unintentionally. There's no feat that suggests Hercules being on par with him. However, it depends on the version as someone already stated, it could go either way or be a stomp or stalemate.

BTW... It wasn't the earth, and holding a sky that doesn't have a physic form makes me think that's a metaphor...

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By crabtree

Hulk wins.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By chiq

Hulk. Healing factor ftw...

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: i thought i saw one were he held the earth aswell

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Wolfrazer  Online

Considering Herc is just a mere mortal now, Hulk.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By GhostRavage
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By GhostRavage

@coolcat4 said:

@ghostravage: i thought i saw one were he held the earth aswell

Haven't seen that but anyways, i apologize for my previous reply... That was not polite at all. If you find any scans that suggests Hercules lifting such weight, feel free to post, im willing to argue politely now :)

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isnt Herc strength a few 100,000 tons??And wouldnt it take the Hulk a while to even get close to over powering him??there's a scan of Hulk and Thor locking in a grapple for over a hour with no 1 getting the edge.and Thor didnt even have his hammer.And there's a scan of Thor and Herc doing the same thing but seriously with Thor saying Herc is a better fighter than him or his equal IIRC.So,how does Hulk beat Herc??And in what way?Will it be drawn out??

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isnt Herc strength a few 100,000 tons??And wouldnt it take the Hulk a while to even get close to over powering him??there's a scan of Hulk and Thor locking in a grapple for over a hour with no 1 getting the edge.and Thor didnt even have his hammer.And there's a scan of Thor and Herc doing the same thing but seriously with Thor saying Herc is a better fighter than him or his equal IIRC.So,how does Hulk beat Herc??And in what way?Will it be drawn out??

Hulk strength increases exponentially, he starts as a 100 toner freshly transformed and he can reach 100,000 tons in 3 minutes if his anger allows him. Hulk is a brawler and tends to overpower his foes by becoming stronger and stronger the more you fight him. While Thor has his strength already stated and doesn't grow stronger. Same happens to Hercules. Thor and Hercules could be better fighters than Hulk but they will more likely lose to him in a slugfest due to strength overwhelming by Hulk's part. Also, none of them have the regen abilities Hulk has. Also Hulk is no chump when it comes to reflexes and speed for someone his size. Thor in character is a very pride warrior and he has stated that he doesn't know anymore who's stronger... Hulk or himself... Which is pretty clear Hulk will eventually beat him if the fight goes on...

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@coolcat4 said:

@ghostravage: herc held the sky or earth which is like 5.75 sextilion tons

LMAO! when did they stated the weight!? Hahahaha! HA! xD Anyway, Hulk made a planet explode unintentionally. There's no feat that suggests Hercules being on par with him. However, it depends on the version as someone already stated, it could go either way or be a stomp or stalemate.

BTW... It wasn't the earth, and holding a sky that doesn't have a physic form makes me think that's a metaphor...

Actually the thing Hercules held was supposed to be the Olympus equivalent of Yggdrasil.

As for Hercules vs. Hulk. In the past, Hercules has proven the superior. The Hulk has only actually won twice, once against a depowered Hercules, in a fight that lasted an entire issue, and that was Mindless Hulk who was stated to be more powerful than normal Hulk, as he didn't have Banner's morals holding him back. And the second time was in World War Hulk, where he took a beating just to let the Hulk know that he intended to be his friend. And when WWH went Ape **** and took a swipe at Amadeus Cho, Hercules muscles didn't even strain when he blocked the attack.

Hercules holds more advantages than you may think.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:

Actually the writer of that Defenders comic with Thor and Hulk Ggrappling said that he made them come out even becasue he couldn't decide who would win becasue they were both so powerful.

And no, Hulk does not start out at100 tons. He's in the 100 tonner class but that applies to anyone who can lift 100 tons or greater. Hulk is planet buster level and so is Thor.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great fight not a stomp as some make it seem although hulk takes this it is not an easy victory

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: So how do you think is a better and smarter fighter Herc or Thor??

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:

Actually the writer of that Defenders comic with Thor and Hulk Ggrappling said that he made them come out even becasue he couldn't decide who would win becasue they were both so powerful.

And no, Hulk does not start out at100 tons. He's in the 100 tonner class but that applies to anyone who can lift 100 tons or greater. Hulk is planet buster level and so is Thor.

He starts as a 100 toner freshly transformed... That's one of his basics...

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By dum529001

@ghostravage:

No, its defintley not one of his basics. He's a walking nuke. 100 tons is nothing to him.

He's thrown around hundreds and thousands of tons with the greatest of ease...... like a child playing with toys. I can post of few scans if you'd like.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:

No, its defintley not one of his basics. He's a walking nuke. 100 tons is nothing to him.

He's thrown around hunders and thouasnd of tons with the grreatest of ease...... like a child playing with toys. I can post of few scans if you'd like.

Yes, show a few scans of a freshly transformed Hulk being stronger than a 100 toner...

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By dum529001

@ghostravage:

Here you go....

The pressure Savage Hulk's strength can exert is so powerful, Savage Hulk "[a]lmost effortlessly stops the speeding train with the sheer gamma-ray power of his iron-muscled body!" From Fantastic Four #26 and incredible hulk #255:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Incredible Hulk #122 and Thor #385 (this time as a tremendous bludgeon):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He completely stops a speeding subway train to the face in Incredible Hulk vol.2 #56:

No Caption Provided

To give you a sense of scale as to amount of effort required for these lifting feats, here it is described that the weight of forty tons, "might as well weigh as many ounces!" From Incredible Hulk vol.2 #22:

No Caption Provided

A calm Savage Hulk casually pulls along "thousands of tons" of logs and lifting a train in Incredible Hulk#274:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He's lifted up entire castles as they crumble and collapse on themselves in Incredible Hulk #108 and 120:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In a weakened state, Hulk presses a mountain range that dwarfed the Andes in Secret Wars #4:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And even more evidence that Hulk was weakened, it took him days to heal from a broken leg, something which he would normally heal from within only a moment or a few minutes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Again, in a weakened state, Hulk stops a planet from destruction by shifting the alignment of its plates in Incredible Hulk vol 2 #102:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Once again, in a weakened state, Hulk has withstood being drained of his energy by suns eaters for seven hours straight! (Incredible Hulk vol.2 #99) :

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here, he tears open the side of a mountain base in Incredible Hulk vol.2 #64:

No Caption Provided

And Hulk has also opened a fissure in the earth in Incredible Hulk #130-135:

No Caption Provided

And he's also stopped and close a rift using only his hands in incredible Hulk #203:

No Caption Provided

Hulk hauls an entire island all the way back to the mainland in Hulk Magazine #18:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

An apt measure of strength, Savage Hulk's punches are some of the most powerful in comics. Here, Savage Hulk hammers down an entire landscape despite it being supported by enormous pylons in Marvel Treasury Edition #25:

No Caption Provided

Silavite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, from the content above I'm inclined to say Hulk beats Herc.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By GhostRavage

@dum529001: Fair enough... I stand corrected. Anyway, the only scans that proves me wrong are the ones with Bruce falling into the rails of the train. The other he's already transformed. And those Pak scans should not be included because Hulk was already WAY more powerful than he ever was... I mean in the Pak run...

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By dum529001

@ghostravage:

Okay.

Hulk's power being comparable to a nuclear arsenal means he definfitley does not start at 100 tons. Even without the stuff I showed you, its still a pretty obvious fact that Hulk is not starting out at 100 tons when Banner first transfroms. That's like calling the Hulk a weakling.

I know that power is always relative when it comes to the Hulk(through his stress-proportionate, power-increasing abilty) but even his starting power-level is nothing to sneeze at.

And what I showed from the Pak era of Hulk was when he was weaker, due to the life energy draining effects of the great portal that brought him to the planet of Sakaar.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: But that doesn't take out Pak's Hulk is the most powerful Hulk ever seen...

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By dum529001

@ghostravage:

So he was "oh so powerful" when the Red King was able to cut him and the heat of lava effected him???

And no, Greg pak was not the guy who made Hulk crazy powerful. Hulk has been that way under other writers.

Greg pak just made an event out of what Hulk does on a regular basis anyways. Handing out cans of serious butt whoopin is Hulk's day job in the Marvel Universe.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: You said it yourself... he was weakened... Also i don't know why you don't think Pak's Hulk is the most powerful while all his other incarnations don't have any feat to compare to him... WBH is in fact the most powerful Hulk ever seen... And that phrase is often mentioned in the Pak run...

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurrent said:

Hercules is on of my favorites but HULK would crushhim GET STOMPED!

Fixed, the real Hercules wins.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules has consistently proven that he can match, if not surpass, even the strongest versions of the Hulk. He has also proven himself to be one of the greastest fighters in the Marvel universe in terms of martial prowess, combat knowledge, and overall tactical mindset.

Again, even depowered, he was able to stand up to a version of the Hulk with no morals holding back his rage. After an issues worth of those two fighting, the Hulk emerged victorious, but Hercules gave him one heck of a fight, and that was without his immortal stamina, and without all of his strength.

I have always believed Thor to be a stupid fighter. It's the very same reason I like Beta Ray Bill over Thor. Thor has so much versatility, and so much strength, speed, and ability for himself to call on. Yet he prefers to run straight in and play out each fight in a slugfest, rather than use his resources to their full extent. Beta Ray Bill, however, has much of Thor's versatility, speed, and strength and has no qualms using the best tool to get any job done.

Hercules, however, lacks that advantage. Yet, even without flight, lightning, magic, weapons, and all the advantages of Thor, he still manages to stand up to many of the same people Thor does, and matches if not surpasses the results Thor manages to obtain.

In all honesty, I think the two are portrayed accurately. Thor is a viking, and therefore he's brash, strong, and hard headed. He fights like a warrior of his culture, and that is through strength and superiority.

Hercules, however, was always portrayed as smart, cunning, and a fighter of unmatched skill and strength. The whole point of the Hydra myth was to show that a fight is won just as much through intelligence as it is through superior strength and striking power. The point of Atlas was to show off his cunning and intelligence. Much can be said of the way he fought the Namean lion, something completely invulnerable to physical harm, Hercules figured out that unarmed was the best approach, and that strangling the thing was his only means of success. He had to learn how to stalk, and take an opponent by surprise when he took the Cerynitian Hind. He was taught humility when cleaning the Stables of Augeias, a trait that is important to the best of warriors.

At the end of the day, Hercules in myth was portrayed as a warrior of many lessons, of absolute training, and of overall superiority. I honestly believe Marvel has done well in portraying him as such. He is a compassionate warrior, one who knows humility, who knows cunning, and the importance of every aspect of combat.

He bested, and even humiliated the Sentry, he has fought toe to toe with Hulk on multiple occasions, always showing that he was Hulk's equal, if not superior. He can stand up to Thor and fight as his equal, despite his many disadvantages. I mean, at the end of the day, Hercules is the better fighter.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Hulk Smashes!!!

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@kingares109 said:

Hercules has consistently proven that he can match, if not surpass, even the strongest versions of the Hulk. He has also proven himself to be one of the greastest fighters in the Marvel universe in terms of martial prowess, combat knowledge, and overall tactical mindset.

Again, even depowered, he was able to stand up to a version of the Hulk with no morals holding back his rage. After an issues worth of those two fighting, the Hulk emerged victorious, but Hercules gave him one heck of a fight, and that was without his immortal stamina, and without all of his strength.

I have always believed Thor to be a stupid fighter. It's the very same reason I like Beta Ray Bill over Thor. Thor has so much versatility, and so much strength, speed, and ability for himself to call on. Yet he prefers to run straight in and play out each fight in a slugfest, rather than use his resources to their full extent. Beta Ray Bill, however, has much of Thor's versatility, speed, and strength and has no qualms using the best tool to get any job done.

Hercules, however, lacks that advantage. Yet, even without flight, lightning, magic, weapons, and all the advantages of Thor, he still manages to stand up to many of the same people Thor does, and matches if not surpasses the results Thor manages to obtain.

In all honesty, I think the two are portrayed accurately. Thor is a viking, and therefore he's brash, strong, and hard headed. He fights like a warrior of his culture, and that is through strength and superiority.

Hercules, however, was always portrayed as smart, cunning, and a fighter of unmatched skill and strength. The whole point of the Hydra myth was to show that a fight is won just as much through intelligence as it is through superior strength and striking power. The point of Atlas was to show off his cunning and intelligence. Much can be said of the way he fought the Namean lion, something completely invulnerable to physical harm, Hercules figured out that unarmed was the best approach, and that strangling the thing was his only means of success. He had to learn how to stalk, and take an opponent by surprise when he took the Cerynitian Hind. He was taught humility when cleaning the Stables of Augeias, a trait that is important to the best of warriors.

At the end of the day, Hercules in myth was portrayed as a warrior of many lessons, of absolute training, and of overall superiority. I honestly believe Marvel has done well in portraying him as such. He is a compassionate warrior, one who knows humility, who knows cunning, and the importance of every aspect of combat.

He bested, and even humiliated the Sentry, he has fought toe to toe with Hulk on multiple occasions, always showing that he was Hulk's equal, if not superior. He can stand up to Thor and fight as his equal, despite his many disadvantages. I mean, at the end of the day, Hercules is the better fighter.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This argument is not entirely true... I disagree with you about Hercules being equal to Hulk... You do know Hulk was holding back on the War at Manhattan right? and i mean a lot... Even turning WBH in las Vegas he was holding back... Im sorry... But Hercules is not equal to all Hulk incarnations... More like to Savage... WWH its a very skilled fighter due to spent a lot of times in Sakaar arenas and its a master strategist... WWH>Hercules because of powerset and because their skills are not so far... WBH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any Hercules...

Although i agree with you about Thor personality and CIS... Pretty much everything besides the Hulk part...

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Hercules has proven on multiple occasions that he can match the Hulk. And this isn't WBH, and Hulk doesn't start at WB levels. If Hercules is looking to win, then he should win.

This is standard Hulk which means he should start at Standard Levels. Even at the 100k ton mark, he still wouldn't come close to matching a guy who can pull Long Island around with zero effort.

The one person WWH didn't hold back against was the Sentry, and Hercules embarassed Sentry in their fight, it wasn't even a contest.

I would go so far as to say Hercules, through superior skill, could stand up to the World Breaker. Yes, Hulk was more skilled in his WWH incarnation, that's not even debatable. However, he was not more skilled than Hercules, a guy who has proven time and time again that he can stand up to Marvel's greatest without a healing factor, without flight, without any increase in physical stats, and without anything other than his strength, stamina, and durability. He has achieved his position as a Marvel Powerhouse through skill, and skill alone.

IIRC, Hercules has even defeated a PO'd out of control Hulk in a straight up fight. In most of their encounters, Hulk wasn't really even able to damage him.

So when it comes down to standard Hulk vs. Hercules, it shouldn't really be a question of who should win.

WWH, Maestro, or anyone above those levels might be able to stand up to Hercules, and can take the win. I don't doubt that. But standard levels and standard showings, Hercules stands the superior.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By CheeseSticks

@gav said:

@cheesesticks said:

You could put Hulk vs Galactus and these fanboys would stills say that Hulk wins.

Hercules wins.

No Caption Provided

LMAO ahah

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Sentry wasn't holding back either against Hulk... He said he was going all out while punching him and he was slowly losing control over his powers. Hercules humiliated a Sentry holding back... While Hulk turned back Sentry to his human form fighting him...

Anyway, i commit the same mistake as you believing Hulk starts as a 100 toner or similar but Dum529001 prove me wrong with those scans above... It depends on the situation. And again, Hercules doesn't have any feat to put him on WBH's tier... Also, Bruce has proven that he can become WBH in no time, skipping 100 toner and all that.

No Caption Provided

He turns WBH in one panel... He's even talking while doing it... That suggests he can become WBH at will... With this said, Hercules doesn't stand a chance against Pak's Hulk, he will most likely get crush given the feats Pak's Hulk has achieved.\

Thanks for reading,

Floo..................... GhostRavage. ;)

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This argument is not entirely true... I disagree with you about Hercules being equal to Hulk... You do know Hulk was holding back on the War at Manhattan right? and i mean a lot... Even turning WBH in las Vegas he was holding back... Im sorry... But Hercules is not equal to all Hulk incarnations... More like to Savage... WWH its a very skilled fighter due to spent a lot of times in Sakaar arenas and its a master strategist... WWH>Hercules because of powerset and because their skills are not so far... WBH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any Hercules...

Although i agree with you about Thor personality and CIS... Pretty much everything besides the Hulk part...

I disagree with Floopay's argument too but not entirely because Hercules isnt as strong as Hulk, its because while he used the various fights of Hulk and Hercules to potray one picture, somethine entire different springs to my mind.

Hercules has not beaten Hulk once, so there is that. And we know the longer the fight goes, the greater the chances of Hulk winning, as Hercules gets hurt, tires Hulk, heals and gets stronger.

And Hercules defeat against Hulk is shown as commendable, when the issue only said Hercules was now mortal there is no single mention of Hercules being depowered anywhere in the issue. But people drag a long fight between them which ended as Hulk that victory to say, oh Hulk won Hercules must have been weakened.

Not to mention current bio keeps Hulk more durable thanks to his healing factor than Hercules and keeps them at same strength level. Thats always has been my stance.

Hercules matches Hulk strength but lack the strenght to KO him physically, problem being a prolongued conflict is only going to tilt the fight more and more in Hulk favor, and unlike Thor he doesnt have the whole advantage of mjolnir.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: If I had my Hercules collection I would post scans, but unfortunately I do not. However, I will say that WWH blows didn't even strain Hercules' muscles. WWH may have been holding back, but so was Hercules. And who knows how much Hulk was holding back, as it clearly portrayed the Hulk as absolutely furious when he smacked Herc a good five times or so in the face, and Herc just took it stoically.

Again, with half his strength, a fraction of his stamina, and the loss of immortality, he stood up to Mindless Hulk, who was no jobber.

Completely depowered in Fear Itself, he stood up against multiple superhuman foes with nothing more than an enchanted sword and shield, and fearless charged into battle and took victory.

Hercules is always a force to be reckoned with. He outmuscled planet busters in the past, and proven his strength can match even top tier characters like Thor. He has lifted the Earth, and the heavens (again, the equivalent of Yggdrasil).

He fought Super Skrull armies and won, he's defeated Thor on multiple occasions, defeated Thor on multiple occasions, defeated Sentry (who had help), defeated Hulk, defeated Ragnarok, I don't even wanna list the feats against Ares, smacked around Namor (in the water), took shots to the face from an insane Thor without so much as a bloody lip, the same guy who sent the Beyonder flying with an uppercut, and so much more.

Hulk may not have any upper limits to his potential strength, but Hercules's strength is boundless in and of itself.

His reflexes put him allow him to react to extremely hypersonic attacks without any issue, and his strength/durability lets him stand up to planet crushing blows without harm or effort.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Very accurate analysis... *thumbs up*

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: You can tell how much he was holding back for this comment he made to Dr. Strange...

No Caption Provided

And then this happens...

No Caption Provided

Im not downgrading Hercules in any way... Im just saying it depends on the Hulk version... With this said, he doesn't stand a chance against Pak's Hulk...

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Floopay

@ghostravage: Statements mean nothing, all characters have a certain amount of Hubris, especially brutes like the Hulk (and even Hercules). How much he was holding back can't really be said.

As for the whole him cracking the planet thing, I've seen that issue, and I'm still not certain I've seen anything that puts him that far above Herc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Well, i guess its a matter of perception then... But for me... Those scans put him WAY above anything Hercules have ever dished... Also, about the statement, he's totally telling the truth... From fighting in Manhattan and causing minor earthquakes to making a planet explode unintentionally just by clashing with Red-She Hulk lets assumption fly freely.Not to mention he disintegrated 2 beings equal to Savage Hulk, which would have given Hercules a run for his money, and 1 being on par with Surfer...

If you don't see that Hulk to be so above Hercules then that's your perception... But the scans and feats talk by themselves...

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#190 god_spawn  Moderator

@ghostravage:

Sentry wasn't holding back either against Hulk... He said he was going all out while punching him and he was slowly losing control over his powers. Hercules humiliated a Sentry holding back... While Hulk turned back Sentry to his human form fighting him...

It's not like Sentry was at peak mental capacity to begin with either against Hulk.

Now with that out of the way, I think some people forgot to mention, despite not fighting back, when Hulk last "fought" Hercules, Herc's face was bloodied, his nose split open and appeared twisted (so bent) and his eye was swollen shut. Hulk and Herc are on the same level in strength, but Herc doesn't have the healing factor and he isn't outright destroying the Hulk within the first few moments of a fight. So he has really no advantage over the Hulk, save for fighting skills, and they aren't high enough to overcome the advantages Hulk has.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:

Sentry wasn't holding back either against Hulk... He said he was going all out while punching him and he was slowly losing control over his powers. Hercules humiliated a Sentry holding back... While Hulk turned back Sentry to his human form fighting him...

It's not like Sentry was at peak mental capacity to begin with either against Hulk.

Now with that out of the way, I think some people forgot to mention, despite not fighting back, when Hulk last "fought" Hercules, Herc's face was bloodied, his nose split open and appeared twisted (so bent) and his eye was swollen shut. Hulk and Herc are on the same level in strength, but Herc doesn't have the healing factor and he isn't outright destroying the Hulk within the first few moments of a fight. So he has really no advantage over the Hulk, save for fighting skills, and they aren't high enough to overcome the advantages Hulk has.

As a Hercules fan, it pains me to agree. Hulk is just a bad match up for Hercules. Now if Hercules has his weapons it's another story.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I agree but not entirely... I can say Hercules can match Hulk till certain point... Hulk will just surpass him the more the fight goes. And the scans i posted before suggests that if the fight goes all out from the beginning Hulk is most likely to surpass Hercules in no time instead than in a long drawn battle like most of the fights they've had...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 god_spawn  Moderator

@god_spawn: I agree but not entirely... I can say Hercules can match Hulk till certain point... Hulk will just surpass him the more the fight goes. And the scans i posted before suggests that if the fight goes all out from the beginning Hulk is most likely to surpass Hercules in no time instead than in a long drawn battle like most of the fights they've had...

I'm not exactly sure where I am disagreeing with you? You basically just reiterated the same points I did. I only corrected you on the fact that Sentry wasn't at peak performance against Hulk in WWH. The rest was just a general statement and of course Hulk would eventually surpass him in strength.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By GhostRavage

@ghostravage said:

I'm not exactly sure where I am disagreeing with you? You basically just reiterated the same points I did. I only corrected you on the fact that Sentry wasn't at peak performance against Hulk in WWH. The rest was just a general statement and of course Hulk would eventually surpass him in strength.

Fair enough, my bad. Anyway, why do you think Sentry wasn't at peak performance while fighting WWH? Sure,he wasn't using all his abilities but every time he punched Hulk big explosions were going out... He even said that Hulk is the only one who could take his hits like that and for that reason he went all out in a brawling...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 god_spawn  Moderator

@ghostravage: Because he wasn't at peak mental capacity. He was shown going all out for the power he had, but that wasn't his full power.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Actually, Hulk stopped Sentry from blowing the entire Solar System when he was beating him... He was slowly losing control over his powers, and started projecting a lot of energy ultimately getting KO'd by Banner... Maybe he didn't use his 1,000,000 exploding suns in that fight, but he hasn't used that power ever either... And i can say that was a good brawling if he turned Sentry back to his human form rather than just healing/reforming back and keep fighting with Hulk as he has done plenty of times with other people...

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Hercules. He starts out much, much, much stronger than the Hulk does. People seem to be mixing up Hulk's potential with his base level strength, if Hulk started out with his "nearly limitless might" the Thing and Iron Man wouldn't have been able to fight him (each, at separate times) dozens of times.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 god_spawn  Moderator

@ghostravage: Hulk barely stopped him from blowing away part of a city. No where did it mention he stopped him from blowing away the entire solar system. I never said he had the power of a million exploding suns. I just said he wasn't at peak capacity because of his mental state and both ended up reverting to their human forms anyway before Rick got stabbed and Hulk changed back and started going WB. Sentry wasn't at his peak and was just going all out to degree of power he was given at the time. That is all.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By GhostRavage

@bwanasimba: See the scans Dum529001 posted above... Hulk doesn't start as a 100 toner all the time... It depends on the situation. With this said, Hercules has fought Hulk, never won once and they pretty much were equal and still Hulk has the advantage of growing better and better the more the fight prolongs... Hercules doesn't have that.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@ghostravage: If I had my Hercules collection I would post scans, but unfortunately I do not. However, I will say that WWH blows didn't even strain Hercules' muscles. WWH may have been holding back, but so was Hercules. And who knows how much Hulk was holding back, as it clearly portrayed the Hulk as absolutely furious when he smacked Herc a good five times or so in the face, and Herc just took it stoically.

Herc's face was actually pretty messed up after a couple of those shots. Why he wasn't fighting back, I don't understand (yes, I know the reason Herc gave in the issue, I just don't think he's the kind of character to play the pacifist role).

Again, with half his strength, a fraction of his stamina, and the loss of immortality, he stood up to Mindless Hulk, who was no jobber.

Are you talking about the Hulk/Hercules one-shot that happened shortly after the Onslaught affair? Because if you are, Hercules was getting destroyed the entire time. The only reason he wasn't crushed in the first 5 minutes is because the Hulk wasn't even interested in fighting him. Also, Hulk wasn't mindless there, just separated from Banner.

Hercules is always a force to be reckoned with. He outmuscled planet busters in the past, and proven his strength can match even top tier characters like Thor. He has lifted the Earth, and the heavens (again, the equivalent of Yggdrasil).

One problem with lifting "the heavens" is there's no way to tell how much they weigh. The ancient Greeks believed the sky was a giant solid object, which is completely incompatible with what we know it to be nowadays. The lifting the earth part is the same feat, as far as I'm aware, just a result of the period when people started depicting Atlas as carrying the world instead of the sky, so he couldn't have done both. I'd also need to know exactly what it was he was standing on when he held the earth to give it any sort of meaning.

He fought Super Skrull armies and won, he's defeated Thor on multiple occasions, defeated Thor on multiple occasions, defeated Sentry (who had help), defeated Hulk, defeated Ragnarok, I don't even wanna list the feats against Ares, smacked around Namor (in the water), took shots to the face from an insane Thor without so much as a bloody lip, the same guy who sent the Beyonder flying with an uppercut, and so much more.

I don't think he's actually beaten Thor without extenuating circumstances. Almost every one of their encounters is a stalemate (which goes for Thor vs Hulk as well). I also don't recall Herc actually defeating the Hulk. Ragnarok is quite a bit weaker than the real Thor, or at least he was during Siege. And when did Herc take a hit from Thor without damage? And when did Thor do anything to the Beyonder? I mean, even bringing something like that up, you know is complete PIS. Beyonder can casually toss aside Galactus and sweep away galaxies and abstracts. Thor and Hercules are less than germs to him.

I think you are greatly overstating Herc's abilities. He, Thor, and Hulk have all fought each other a number of times, and most of those encounters are stalemates. That alone should make it pretty clear that Herc has no significant advantage over the Hulk normally, and would almost certainly lose against the more amped up versions like WWH and Worldbreaker.