who takes this one?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

Are you referring to Gilgamesh the Eternal, also known as the Forgotten one?

And which Hercules is this, DC or Marvel?

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thatguy

Both marvel... yes the Forgotten One....

They have thrown down before but i would like to see a recent fight.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Erik

I would give the ultimate win to Hercules. 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
Hercules wins in a decent fight
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AtPhantom

But the Forgotten one has mind control powers...

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the creator
AtPhantom said:
"But the Forgotten one has mind control powers..."

Not to mention flight capabilities, minor ability to rearrange matter and the ability to project heat, light and force beams.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
AtPhantom said:
The Mental Powers could be a set back... but Herc should be durable enough to handle the core of Gilgamesh's attacks...
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the creator
King Saturn said:
"AtPhantom said:
The Mental Powers could be a set back... but Herc should be durable enough to handle the core of Gilgamesh's attacks... "
Gilgamesh had devouted most of time to other endeavours and so had not developed his Eternal abilities to any extent unlike Sersi or Ikaris.
Gilamesh's strength was supposed to also be in the Class 100 catagory, like Thor and Hercules.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Erik

He does? When was that shown? I do not recall such abilities. His mind was easily altered by Druig. 

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AtPhantom
erik said:
"He does? When was that shown? I do not recall such abilities. His mind was easily altered by Druig. "
It wasn't Druig, it was Ajak, and This ability is inherent to all Eternals. I don't know whether he ever displayed it, but he definitely possesses it.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
the creator said:
"King Saturn said:
"AtPhantom said:
The Mental Powers could be a set back... but Herc should be durable enough to handle the core of Gilgamesh's attacks... "
Gilgamesh had devouted most of time to other endeavours and so had not developed his Eternal abilities to any extent unlike Sersi or Ikaris.Gilamesh's strength was supposed to also be in the Class 100 catagory, like Thor and Hercules."
Gilgamesh is on par with Thor and Hercules in strength ? Has he done any Hercules like feats like lifting Marvel Earth or dragging Manhattan ?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Erik

Issue #3 you are right. It was Ajak. Eternals still have to develop their abilities for them to be able to be used. If he has it but never uses it, then it is worthless.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the creator
erik said:
"Issue #3 you are right. It was Ajak. Eternals still have to develop their abilities for them to be able to be used. If he has it but never uses it, then it is worthless."
The older version of Gilgamesh could use these abilities.
Damn rewrites for their unfairness !  LOL.

King Saturn said:
Gilgamesh is on par with Thor and Hercules in strength ? Has he done any Hercules like feats like lifting Marvel Earth or dragging Manhattan ?"
He has faught against both Thor and Hercules previously and matched them virtually strength for strength (or near as damn it).

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Erik

I really need to get both the classic series to fill these gaps in details. But I was under the impression that while he was holding his own, he was not winning against Hercules or classic Thor. 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn
the creator said:

King Saturn said:
Gilgamesh is on par with Thor and Hercules in strength ? Has he done any Hercules like feats like lifting Marvel Earth or dragging Manhattan ?"
He has faught against both Thor and Hercules previously and matched them virtually strength for strength (or near as damn it)."
Hmmm... interesting. I thought Gilgamesh was a little weaker than Herc and Thor physically
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the creator
erik said:
"I really need to get both the classic series to fill these gaps in details. But I was under the impression that while he was holding his own, he was not winning against Hercules or classic Thor. "
He stood toe to toe with Hercules, exchanging blows. I don't recall if a clear winner was found before the Eternals / Olympians called their battle to a halt.
With his Thor battle (when Gilgamesh was in the Celestials provided space armour), he was able to hold his own in the fight with Thor for some time.

Overal this battle would be a great one as both combatants are massively strong (but I think Hercules is stronger), very durable, both have massive endurance and both have tremendous hand to hand fighting skills.
I think Hercules has slight advantages in all catagories and would win but the fight would be brutal.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Erik
King Saturn said:
"the creator said:

King Saturn said:
He has faught against both Thor and Hercules previously and matched them virtually strength for strength (or near as damn it)."
Hmmm... interesting. I thought Gilgamesh was a little weaker than Herc and Thor physically"
I was under the same impression. Both Thor and Hercules have had much stronger showings lately as well while Gilgamesh barely did anything at all in his most recent appearances. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erik
the creator said:
"erik said:
"I really need to get both the classic series to fill these gaps in details. But I was under the impression that while he was holding his own, he was not winning against Hercules or classic Thor. "
He stood toe to toe with Hercules, exchanging blows. I don't recall if a clear winner was found before the Eternals / Olympians called their battle to a halt.With his Thor battle (when Gilgamesh was in the Celestials provided space armour), he was able to hold his own in the fight with Thor for some time.Overal this battle would be a great one as both combatants are massively strong (but I think Hercules is stronger), very durable, both have massive endurance and both have tremendous hand to hand fighting skills.I think Hercules has slight advantages in all catagories and would win but the fight would be brutal."
I agree. The fight would be a very impressive one. I would still give this to Hercules. 
thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thatguy

Personally i could see Gilgamesh making a huge impression soon, i'd like to see more of him and would love to see an all out fight between

Gilgamesh vs. Hercules vs. Thor

last man standing, just have them beating the hell out of each other until one is left... so badass.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AtPhantom
thatguy said:
"Personally i could see Gilgamesh making a huge impression soon"
Well I like the impression he made on Zuras' skull.

Zing
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Erik
AtPhantom said:
"thatguy said:
"Personally i could see Gilgamesh making a huge impression soon"
Well I like the impression he made on Zuras' skull. Zing"
Lol.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think Gilgamesh wins.If they are comparable in strength Gilgamesh seems to be smarter than Herc and he uses the fighting skills he learned alot more.As said by Mikaboshi..Herc just rushes in and punches things.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hadrelius

This would be a good battle but Hercules is stronger. The Eternal's other powers would even it up though.

My vote is for Herc cause of his fighting skills.

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules would do him like he did Ikarris.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Alpha said:
"This would be a good battle but Hercules is stronger. The Eternal's other powers would even it up though. My vote is for Herc cause of his fighting skills."
Your Vote is Herc because of fighting skills? You have to be joking.
Shadow Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shadow Shot

I'm gonna go with Gilgamesh

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kurrent

Herc no doubt

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Shadow Shot said:
"I'm gonna go with Gilgamesh"
Good choice.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the creator
Vance Astro said:
"I think Gilgamesh wins.If they are comparable in strength Gilgamesh seems to be smarter than Herc and he uses the fighting skills he learned alot more.As said by Mikaboshi..Herc just rushes in and punches things."
Gilgamesh has also been shown to rush in and do things without thinking (like when he had joined the Avengers).

Shadow Shot said:
"I'm gonna go with Gilgamesh"
Why ?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
the creator said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I think Gilgamesh wins.If they are comparable in strength Gilgamesh seems to be smarter than Herc and he uses the fighting skills he learned alot more.As said by Mikaboshi..Herc just rushes in and punches things."
Gilgamesh has also been shown to rush in and do things without thinking (like when he had joined the Avengers).
Gilgamesh hasn't been shown to do that recently...Herc has.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Erik

Gilgamesh has not done very much recently. He smashed into the Eternal base and trashed everything. That was it. And he did it Hulk style as well.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
erik said:
"Gilgamesh has not done very much recently. He smashed into the Eternal base and trashed everything. That was it. And he did it Hulk style as well."
Gilgamesh hasn't done very much but trashing the base isn't all he did.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Erik

Well, ok. It was not all he did literally. But he has not done much and when he has done something, it was just rushing in and pounding away.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By the creator
Vance Astro said:
"the creator said:
"Vance Astro said:
Gilgamesh hasn't been shown to do that recently...Herc has.
"
None of the Eternals had as their appearances had gone to almost nothing.
His powers don't appears to have changed substantially so his earlier appearances are valid.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hadrelius
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"This would be a good battle but Hercules is stronger. The Eternal's other powers would even it up though. My vote is for Herc cause of his fighting skills."
Your Vote is Herc because of fighting skills? You have to be joking.
"
Why? You don't think he is better or that being better doesn't matter?
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Herc fighting skills are match by very few. It good that Marvel is starting to shwo them instead of him being just a mindless brawler.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
StrongestOneThereIs said:
"Herc fighting skills are match by very few. It good that Marvel is starting to shwo them instead of him being just a mindless brawler. "
Herc's fighitng skills are a joke.Mikaboshi mentioned his lack of it and the Marvel handbook puts him at a level 4 and alot of people on that same level have shown to be way better fighters than Herc and more to the point  level 4 is pretty low.Most people get that just by being an Avenger or and X-man.
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vance Astro said:
"StrongestOneThereIs said:
"Herc fighting skills are match by very few. It good that Marvel is starting to shwo them instead of him being just a mindless brawler. "
Herc's fighitng skills are a joke.Mikaboshi mentioned his lack of it and the Marvel handbook puts him at a level 4 and alot of people on that same level have shown to be way better fighters than Herc and more to the point  level 4 is pretty low.Most people get that just by being an Avenger or and X-man.
"
Hercules is diff now. They are keeping him close to the myth. He is showing his skill  in his comic.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
"Vance Astro said:
"
Hercules is diff now. They are keeping him close to the myth. He is showing his skill  in his comic. "
If he's different now why is Mikaboshi ragging on his lack of fighting skill recent? Mikaboshi is a fairly new character..so he's obviously not different NOW!
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By the creator

Hercules has beaten the Thing and was on his way to beating Thor in martial skill feats, both focussing on his wrestling / boxing skills.
Both of these are considered good hand hand to fighters.
Gilgamesh to my knowledge does no use different techniques to Hercules.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
the creator said:
"Hercules has beaten the Thing and was on his way to beating Thor in martial skill feats, both focussing on his wrestling / boxing skills.Both of these are considered good hand hand to fighters.Gilgamesh to my knowledge does no use different techniques to Hercules."
1.Hercules is alot stronger than the Thing
2.I don't think Thor was actually going full blast against Hercules.
3.Gilgamesh may use similar techniques but I believe he's better.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the creator
Vance Astro said:
"the creator said:
"Hercules has beaten the Thing and was on his way to beating Thor in martial skill feats, both focussing on his wrestling / boxing skills.Both of these are considered good hand hand to fighters.Gilgamesh to my knowledge does no use different techniques to Hercules."
1.Hercules is alot stronger than the Thing
2.I don't think Thor was actually going full blast against Hercules.
3.Gilgamesh may use similar techniques but I believe he's better.
"
The view point on this fights was in skill, not power. A weaker fighter can beat a stronger one through technique.
The Thing is a great fighter, employing boxing and wrestling techniques and Herc appeared to eclipse him in these areas.
There is no evidence to say that Thor was not going full out in the battle.
Gilgamesh, like many other Eternals, lacks a lot of feats to back up abilities. You have your opinion that Gilgamesh is a better fighter, others think that Herc is the better.
What is clear is that both have thousands of years experience in hand to hand combat.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
the creator said:
The view point on this fights was in skill, not power. A weaker fighter can beat a stronger one through technique.The Thing is a great fighter, employing boxing and wrestling techniques and Herc appeared to eclipse him in these areas.There is no evidence to say that Thor was not going full out in the battle.Gilgamesh, like many other Eternals, lacks a lot of feats to back up abilities. You have your opinion that Gilgamesh is a better fighter, others think that Herc is the better.What is clear is that both have thousands of years experience in hand to hand combat."
1.The Thing couldn't beat Herc if he really wanted to,either way.The Thing has more often then not..shown to have skill above the level of Hercules.I don't know when this fight took place but The Thing has taken the time to hone his skills over the years.Herc could have out fought him at a time where he wasn't at his best as far as skill is concerned
2.The fact that Herc won is the proof Thor wasn't going full blast.
3.Gilgamesh doesn't have a lack of feats.He has been around for quite a while.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By the creator
Vance Astro said:
1.The Thing couldn't beat Herc if he really wanted to,either way.The Thing has more often then not..shown to have skill above the level of Hercules.I don't know when this fight took place but The Thing has taken the time to hone his skills over the years.Herc could have out fought him at a time where he wasn't at his best as far as skill is concerned
"
I'm trying to recall the comic but Herc out wrestled the Thing.
In most fights (unless it states otherwise like when Thor faught Cap Briatin), I would assume that the fighters are going full tilt as they don't want to lose.
Yes Gilgamesh has been around a log time but for a character that has lived for thousands of years he has not appeared in that many comics, fewer than Hercules has. He has many strength feats shown (and durability accordingly) but less fighting skill ones.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
the creator said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
I'm trying to recall the comic but Herc out wrestled the Thing.In most fights (unless it states otherwise like when Thor faught Cap Briatin), I would assume that the fighters are going full tilt as they don't want to lose.Yes Gilgamesh has been around a log time but for a character that has lived for thousands of years he has not appeared in that many comics, fewer than Hercules has. He has many strength feats shown (and durability accordingly) but less fighting skill ones."
I'm switching my vote to Herc.
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vance Astro said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Hercules is diff now. They are keeping him close to the myth. He is showing his skill  in his comic. "
If he's different now why is Mikaboshi ragging on his lack of fighting skill recent? Mikaboshi is a fairly new character..so he's obviously not different NOW!
"
U really not using a ramblings of a bad guy as proof are you?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
U really not using a ramblings of a bad guy as proof are you?"
Mikaboshi is a member of the God Squad..same as Herc and Ajak cosigned.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By PowerHerc

Very similar skillans power sets.  Gilgamesh's bio has stated that except for strength, he hasn't developed his natural-born eternal abilities.  That evens things right up.  Hercules is the stronger of the two and would also have the edge in stamina.  As for fighting skills, both of the guys do have literally thousands of years of experience and practice.  I'd say Hercules also gets the edge here due to him being a co-creator (along with Theseus) of the ancient and brutal combat art: Pankration.  This is one helluva fight with both getting their licks in.  It's closer than many would think based on Gilgameshes lack of great comic depicted battles. Gilgamesh is probably second only to Hercules in hand-to-hand combat skills (yes even better than Thor who rarely fights sans hammer)  Hercules wins this one but it isn't easy.   

NightwingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NightwingX

Physical strength ain't everything so i think Gilgamesh takes it