• 62 results
ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Can good ol' Hercules (Marvel) clear this gauntlet?

Morals are on.

No bloodlust.

Random encounters.

5 minutes of rest between battles.

Hercules gets the Sword of Peleus for the first 6 battles, his mace for battles 7-9, and both plus his lion skin armour for Round 10.

All fights take place in a grassy, Grecian plain.

Strongest version of Hercules besides Chaos King, so I suppose regular, classic Herc.

Round 1: Ares (gets his axe)

Round 2: Wolverine and Colossus (adamantium for Wolverine)

Round 3: Namor and Nightcrawler (Namor gets an adamantium trident)

Round 4: Wrecking Crew

Round 5: Thing, Deadpool, and Iron Spider (Deadpool gets 2 adamantium katanas)

Round 6: Wonder Man and Venom (Brock)

Round 7: Toxin (Mulligan), Carnage (Kasady), Venom (Gargan), and Anti-Venom (symbiotes cannot take over Hercules, they must stay with the original host.)

Round 8: She Hulk and Titania

Round 9: Iron Man (Extremis) (no nanites)

Round 10: Thor

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AngryHulks

Stop at Thor, though it's debatable, but for me, Thor beats him.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Thor's hammmer

Could possibly lose to the symbiotes... But loses to Thor for sure.

you should just give Namor his regular trident though to make it more fair. it's Poseidon's and it can already hurt a god.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Round 5 would give some problems though. Thing could hold off Hercules with his strength while Iron Spider webs him and Deadpool provides support.

Round 7 would give loads of trouble for Hercules, but he should be able to clear it after a couple injuries.

Round 9 is going to be a tough fight that could go either way. If Iron Man stays in the air he could blast Hercules relentlessly. I could see Iron Man winning.

Round 10 Thor wins easily. He almost matches Hercules in strength, plus has his MJOLNIR, belt, lightning strikes, etc. Too versatile for Hercules.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

He clears his way to Thor for sure IMHO.

First 6 battles, with his sword to boot ... he takes em.

Herc's just way too damn strong for the symbiotes. His strength is immeasurable and he has his mace? They lose.

Epic battle with Thor though ... Nemian Lion skin means he'll take beaucoup damage. Really epic battle.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tony_Shark

He might lose in 9.

He loses at 10 for sure.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NerdsFTW

@ChaosBlazer:

Stops at Thor,assuming Thor is using all of his hammer's abilities.

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Fub

Gets to 10, looses in an epic battle

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HighAccuser

Interesting rounds.

I'd say he can clear up to 10, but I think IM with Extremis has a great chance and could beat him.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man stalemated Hercules in a much inferior and weaker armor.

Stops at 9.

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 9 or 10.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 9...

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Fub
Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_fub:

Everybody thinks Iron Man is a street leveler, so I'm sure you'll think it's PIS.

DevilGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: I appreciate the scans. I don't believe Iron Man is a street leveler by any means, but I don't believe he's Thor level by an means, or Hulk level. And Herc is a guy that has gone toe-to-toe with Hulk tons of times, while just having a grand old time. Whereas Tony needs a special suit (Hulkbuster) just to contend with the Hulk, and even then its a stretch. So him being able to contend with a guy stronger then Hulk (base) in just a normal suit, doesn't add up. Thats why i said it sounds like PIS. But that fight made it pretty clear that all Iron Man could do was buy himself some more time, which he did. Herc wasn't bloodlust like in this fight, and here Iron Man actually has to beat Herc. Herc's held his ground against much more formidable foes, in character. Extremis IM shouldn't be too much to handle for a bloodlust Herc.

willy_pingtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Noone1996

@the_fub: I never said that he's Thor or Hulk level. Consistently, he doesn't need a Hulk-Buster armor to go toe-to-toe with Hulk or Thor. It's been proven that he can hold his own without a specialized suit. Also, that fight wasn't PIS because, as you said, Herc wasn't blood-lusted. Not to mention the fact that Tony didn't truly want to fight Hercules; however, he was clearly trying to take Iron Man down and he was not only surprised by Iron Man's durability, but he failed to KO him. Extremis Iron Man is superior to classic Iron Man in every way, shape, or form. He's faster, stronger, has more firepower, etc. The speed advantage would prove even more disadvantageous for Hercules.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Noone1996

When Iron Man said it'd take several Avengers to take down Ares he was clearly just trying to kiss up to him in order to get him to join. The idea that he'd need more than Sentry in order to take down Ares is almost as laughable as in Siege when Sentry casually fodderized Ares by himself.

Hercules is one of the slowest powerhouses and that makes a difference. Sorry but have to admit this mate.

LJ_RKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Thor.

ConnorDorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Stops at Thor or clears

Mafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest

First of all Iron Man's assessment of Ares doesn't automatically transfer to Hercules as some ABC proclamation of Herc's power. What makes Ares a threat simply isn't interchangeable with Hercules. Sure Herc has gotten the better of Ares on more than one occasion, but what they bring to the table is entirely different. That's why Zeus begged Ares to help defeat Hades army when Herc was already by his fathers side. Ares has a different set of skills, weapons and lack of morals that make him uniquely dangerous. The same can't be said for Hercules, which is why we can't just take Iron Man's view of Ares as if it means anything in context to Hercules. Like I said Ares is just a different kind of threat.

Most of the discussion above is unimportant when we actually examine the statement you referenced in your comment. It's a clear outlier. I challenge you to find a single feat or even another statement that touts Ares as a threat of such magnitude. Personally I don't think he's quite the jobber some people make him out to be, but he just lacks the consistent showings needed to make him the top tier powerhouse Iron Man claims he is. What has he really done feat wise to deserve such a reputation? Against real powerhouses he hasn't come off very well (He got swatted away by Hulk and ripped apart by Sentry). Furthermore Namor casually dismissed a sneak attack by Ares. He just hasn't done anything to be put on such a pedestal. I don't see any reason to believe he's as impressive as this ONE statement claims he is.

Ares is far weaker than Hercules in almost every way, he's weaker than him when it comes to weaponry, durability, and strength, and magic.

In Ares Dark Avengers mini he was said to be faster as well as more intelligent. That and he's usually the better armed of the two because Hercules tends to neglect equipment in battle. Although currently he's been using a lot of both ancient and modern weaponry in combat. You are right about Durability and Strength which are clearly in Herc's favor. I'm not quite sure what you mean by magic though. Still I think you're exaggerating when you say Hercules is his superior in almost every way. That hasn't really been alluded to on panel from what i've seen.

Iron man tends to be arrogant and cocky and isn't the type to suck up to people for favors. Ares has shown very inconsistent durability levels, which may be due in part to how conflict/war can boost up his powers.

That isn't the case for Marvel Ares.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By robertloucksjr

Ares is inconsistent, partly because he used to be a villain. I argue his magic is better than Hercules as he understands all weapons of war instantly, i.e. flies quinjet, and seems to have innate battle senses, hit Mercury with a nail gun, perfect aim, shoots off multiple cops fingers with a pistol, and has some inconsistent teleportation powers. Hercules stomps him though.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares is pretty gay with Herc, right?

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stop at Thor, though it's debatable, but for me, Thor beats him.

Mafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest:

I agree with that. Ares is actually a more skilled fighter than Hercules and more skilled than probably any Earth heroes. The power grid rankings give him a 7/7 in the fighting skills category which is extremely rare. Hercules has a very large advantage with strength and durability though. As well as magic. Ares doesn't have much when it comes to magic.

Fair enough here.

He absolutely has the potential to be that sort of threat. Again his showings have been very inconsistent. Part of it is that the Olympians in general with exception of Zeus, tend to get weaker on the earthly plane. Pluto and Ares are both weaker on Earth, which explains why Zeus wanted him for battle back home and why Sentry ripped him.

Potential is irrelevant when he's as inconsistent as he is. Iron Man's statement shouldn't be taken at face value is the gist of what i'm saying, and since you agree that he's inconsistent i'm going to assume you agree with me on Iron Man's statement being an outlier.

Yes when it comes to fighting/martial arts skills he does surpass Hercules there. But again it is irrelevant because the strength and durability gap is so wide. If he's wearing his gauntlets of ares, his strength can be boosted significantly, but is still less than hercules strength. and the durability is still less than hercules. Yes he is better armed than hercules, he is far more skilled with using weapons as well. Hercules would beat him fairly easily in a 1v1 match even if Ares is heavily armed. He isn't superior in every category but he has a massive advantage with strength and durability. The only magic abilities Ares has shown has been summoning weapons and armor once in a while.

In combat Ares advantages haven't allowed him to get the better of Hercules, so in that sense they're irrelevant. Although you claimed that Herc was his superior in virtually every way, thus making Ares advantages relevant to this conversation. You're sort of changing the dynamics of the conversation here.

It absolutely is the case for Marvel Ares. I wasn't talking about DC Ares there buddy. The Marvel Ares gets stronger from war/conflict and is a master at creating war/conflict and manipulating people and entire countries into engaging in conflict. Of course we don't know how much and how quickly his abilities get amped/what the potential is there.

I don't recall this being the case with Ares. Can you reference what comic gave you this impression?

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at iron man beating herc..stops at Thor

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#33  Edited By KrleAvenger

Stops at Wolverine LOL. Logan will blitz Hercules and cut him to peices. Colossus will serve as a distraction.

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@errorinscript: Why did you tag me just to tell me you have a different opinion?

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we get this whoisthebest guy banned?

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: See post #14. Extremis Iron Man is superior to his classic armor in every way. Especially with speed, which is something Hercules is vastly outclassed in. If Tony actually utilizes his speed, I can't see Herc even tagging Tony. Not to mention the fact that Hercules can be disarmed with magnetism.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So Wolverine cannot cut class 100s now huh?. I guess guys like Gladiator, Hulk and Wonderman did not get the memo

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: I think Logan has even harmed Thanos himself in a couple of instances infact.

Mafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest: I'm going to need on panel evidence, not a wiki quote. That quote really goes against how he has been explained in both of his mini-series. Ares wages war, he doesn't manipulate it. In fact he doesn't even pick a side:

No Caption Provided

And yes I admit I made a mistake there. Hercules is not superior to Ares in every category, but my point was he is so superior to him in strength and durability that he could stomp Ares in a 1v1 fight if he wanted to. Now, Ares being his brother, we likely won't see Hercules stomp him any time soon. But in a theoretical fight like on this thread, Herc stomps.

What significance does brotherhood hold? Are you saying they aren't apt to fight as they're family, because they've already fought multiple times. Ares has of course held his own against Hercules just in case you aren't aware of specifics.

Ironman's statement holds true for the most part, if it's Iron man with captain america, hawk eye, spiderman, and low tier avengers, then they would all get stomped by Ares. Of course bringing Sentry along would change the battle, but Sentry has inconsistencies of his own.

No it doesn't. In fact I just looked back at it and it's even more ridiculous than I thought:

No Caption Provided

5 big guns already and then 6 more just to be sure. This is an outlier plain and simple. There isn't a single showing in Ares repertoire that backs up him being on this level.

Btw you're reading too much into what I said, I said "Ares is far weaker than Hercules in almost every way, he's weaker than him when it comes to weaponry, durability, and strength, and magic."

This still holds true, I said he's weaker than Herc in almost every way but then mentioned the categories. Ares may be faster than Herc and may be a better h2h combatant, and better at using weapons. He doesn't have any weapons that can match the power of Hercules mace though.

It's an exaggeration on your part. If Ares has multiple clear advantages over Herc then don't say Herc is his superior in every way. Is that so hard to understand?

Honestly your comments in this thread seem to be based off of questionable information you've gotten from second hand sources.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: better chance it gives him but tony has never been too fast for herd or any top guy herc will eventually put him down

Mafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mafioso

@whoisthebest

LMAO at saying Ares wages war then saying "he doesn't even pick a side". You literally contradicted yourself there. The fact that he doesn't pick a side literally proves how he manipulates war. And as far as CREATING war/conflict yes he does that. I already stated that earlier. If you create war/conflict and don't even pick a side, that's absolutely manipulating it.

He doesn't pick a side as in it is insignificant to him. Hence him saying "I do not choose a victor; I simply act when one side is willing to do its worst." Everything surrounding the war is inconsequential, except for the actual acts of violence.

I already stated that earlier. If you create war/conflict and don't even pick a side, that's absolutely manipulating it.

What does he do to create war? He partakes in war that is true, but I don't recall him ever manipulating war in the way say DC Ares manipulates war.

I'm not sure if you're trying to create trouble for no reason or what. Have you seen the avengers movies kiddo? Do you notice how Thor could stomp Loki yet refuses to do so? Herc and Ares have never truly fought each other. Ares has "held his own" because Hercules is always holding back against him. Again I shouldn't even have to be explaining this.

What do Avengers movies have to do with anything? And Herc and Ares relationship is nothing like Thor's relationship with loki. Ares and Hercules have never had a bond. They've always loathed each other. You'd probably know that if you ever picked up a Herc or Ares book...

And seriously with the kiddo remarks? Leave that shit on youtube when you bicker with the other 13 year olds.

After going through it again, it's not an outlier at all. He's referring to taking Ares down physically. That statement could very well hold true especially if Ares was in possession of the gauntlets of Ares at the time. When he said "to physically take you down" he likely meant h2h combat, since that is Ares specialty. And as we know, an expert martial artist can handle multiple people ganging up on him at once.

He doesn't hint at a h2h fight by any means. This is blatant intellectual dishonesty.

Just an FYI I will have someone look into whether or not you are using an alt account and you will be banned if you are found to be using an alt. I'm not going to explain myself twice kiddo. If you have an addiction to over analyzing every little thing I say just because you're desperate to start an argument over it, that's not our problem. I never said "Herc is his superior in every way" Don't put words in my mouth, don't lie and make false accusations. Is that so hard to understand? The fact that you have to misinterpret and flat out lie about what I said means you've lost the debate already.

Yep this is an alt. What significance does that hold here? Anyway I disagree that i've been over analyzing anything. My criticism of your comments are completely fair when you're making questionable claims and references that don't tell the whole story.

Please let me know one comment which was based off "questionable information".

The wiki quote. Have you been paying the least bit of attention?

Anyway i'm done here. You have no insight on this topic to offer. In the future try reading comic books instead of getting your information from wikis and other second hand sources.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: Hercules doesn't have any reflex or speed feats that can hold a candle to Iron Man's. That's the only reason that Hercules loses. Sure, Hercules could probably tag Iron Man every now and again, but Tony can take those hits and be fine. He wouldn't get the chance to repeatedly hit him over and over until his armor breaks due to the speed advantage that Tony has.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mafioso: He thinks that your account is my alt lol.