FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FuriousWeasel

Please read before posting.

I'm surprised by the general opinion that Hercules automatically looses to Clark, I don't believe this to be the case for a couple of reasons.

First of all Herc has previously shown strength and durability levels at least on a par with Superman and he has unlimited stamina so Clark would tire first.

Second Herc is a far far better fighter than Clark, one of the greatest warriors in the universe with over three thousand years experience. (He has beaten Thor and Ares in H2H combat)

The only advantages I see Superman having over Herc is speed and flight, but considering Herc has a half brother who is a God of speed and has been on a team with Quicksilver for several years I believe he can deal with a speedster and he has defeated fliers before. If Herc took the battle seriously and fought all out (Especially if he uses his Adamantine mace) he is easily a match for Superman.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Supreme Marvel

By that, does that mean Hermes has the same strength as Hercules? No. Doesn't work like that. Quick Silver isn't anywhere near the speed of Superman. Hercules downfall is his speed. He would never make contact with Superman.

However, I don't know that much of the Marvel Hercules. So I may be wrong on these theories.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By Pokeysteve

I don't think Herc has any feats to put him on Supes level other than arm wrestling Thor. After three thousand years experience, Herc is still a brawler from what I've seen on here.

Speed it the real decider. Quicksilver shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Superman. Herc probably couldn't touch him. Then you add in heat vision, super breath and freeze breath (as distraction at best) and Herc goes down. Herc has nothing concrete enough to put him in the same league as Superman.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolfrazer
@Pokeysteve:  Well he did hold up the world/heavens, so theres another feat. But ya Superman is too diverse in his powerset for Hercules. Now if it was just H2H, and no other powers Supes could use then I would lean to Herc but as it stands now, no it goes to Supes.
Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Journal

Probably Superman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Lvenger

@FuriousWeasel: Better fighting skills and equal or superior strength feats don't get Hercules anywhere. I haven't seen any reaction feats from him or him dealing with any speedsters at a sufficient level that would allow him to tag Superman. Superman still wins here due to a more diverse power set.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jayfournines

I assume we're talking about Pre new 52 Supes...right? In any case, that Superman had been trained by both Batman and Wonder Woman in martial arts (plus he knew some crazy kryptonian stuff as well), not only that, but if we consider the whole "he's got such and such years of experience", does that mean Hercules is a better fighter than Cassandra Cain or than Batman? in any case, Superman has a thousand and some years of experience from when the time he spent fighting alongside Diana in Valhalla (from Action Comics sevenhundred and something, can't remember the issue...but the story was called something like "immortal beloved"), so that should at least count for something.

Hercules might not get tired (honestly I do not remember...then again, didn't Hulk beat the hoohah outta him?), but Clark's durability is ridiculous, especially fighting under a yellow sun where he can just fly upwards and sundip for a bit, so I don't believe stamina is a factor here.

I have to give it to Superman due to heat vision, arctic breath and the speed which allows him to turn invisible/intangible and fight at high end speeds, pressure strikes, high intellect, faster reaction time and so on and so forth.

Clark Kent's got this easily.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SPM1M

Equal in strength? theres nothing that suggest that Herc is on the same level as supes in strength unless he has the belt of strength. As for fighting skill goes, fighting skill is useless wen ur opponent is much MUCH! faster sure u can compare herc to QS but supes tangles with flash and thats a HUGE speed gap ad to that all the other powers in Kals arsenal Herc has no real chance against Kal......

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vaeternus

Superman

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By PlasticBag

Supes is just all around better than Herc IMO.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Superman

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget

Regarding Hercules' strength and durability, it's hard to measure that up with DC's equivalent in Superman. He could be nearly as strong as Superman or possibly just as strong if you wanted to give him that much, but honestly, he's extremely over-shadowed by Clark's power-set. Hercules is so limited in comparison. Yes, he might be more skilled than Clark due to his few thousand years of training and what-not, but that means nothing when he's unable to tag Clark. On top of that, Clark can easily utilize heat vision or freeze breath on top of his infinitely superior speed advantage.

Hercules might be able to dish it out if it came to that, but Clark's power-set would allow him to dance all over him.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Supreme Marvel said:

By that, does that mean Hermes has the same strength as Hercules? No. Doesn't work like that. Quick Silver isn't anywhere near the speed of Superman. Hercules downfall is his speed. He would never make contact with Superman.

However, I don't know that much of the Marvel Hercules. So I may be wrong on these theories.

I doubt that these characters from pictures are faster than Marvel Hercules, he will make contact with Superman.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@BigCimmerian said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

I doubt that these characters from pictures are faster than Marvel Hercules, he will make contact with Superman.

Atlas at the top is rather quick.

Hercules one caught him off guard.

Darksied is remarkable quick and more powerful than Superman.

Batman is wearing a K-ring.

Maybe do some research first?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolfrazer

At the very least, Hercules(at least DC) should be on par with Superman STRENGTH wise. Looking at Hercules, and being that they are using his myth feats...strength wise he should be up there with Superman it would be ridiculous for him not to be.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Also against Atlas, Superman was getting hit by magic all through the fight. Until he got his health back and a magic immunity from Zatara. Then Superman kicked Atlas' arse.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Supreme Marvel: Atlas didn't look very quick, he was peak human at best, Darkseid has the same speed and reaction time as Thor and that is microsecond. It doesn't matter if Hercules caught him off guard, if Supes is really that fast then he should be capable of blocking or dodging that punch.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Supreme Marvel: And don't forget about Doomsday, Lobo, Mongul, Hawkman, Aquaman, they all managed to hit him without trouble, and I doubt they are faster than Hercules.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@BigCimmerian:

@Supreme Marvel: Atlas didn't look very quick, he was peak human at best

@Supreme Marvel said:

Also against Atlas, Superman was getting hit by magic all through the fight. Until he got his health back and a magic immunity from Zatara. Then Superman kicked Atlas' arse.

@BigCimmerian said:

Darkseid has the same speed and reaction time as Thor and that is microsecond.

Well if you read on, Superman wasn't trying to do anything to him. He said "I'd be mad to try fighting you" and gets a woman and flies away.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@BigCimmerian said:

@Supreme Marvel: And don't forget about Doomsday, Lobo, Mongul, Hawkman, Aquaman, they all managed to hit him without trouble, and I doubt they are faster than Hercules.

Okay, since you've just mentioned Doomsday in that list I'm no long responding to your comments since Doomsday took apart the Justice League an a matter of moments.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Supreme Marvel said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Okay, since you've just mentioned Doomsday in that list I'm no long responding to your comments since Doomsday took apart the Justice League an a matter of moments.

He is very incostinent character. Yeah he took apart Justice League in a matter of moments, but he also failed to tag Richard Grayson posing as Batman.

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

Superman, he wouldn't even get touched in this fight.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FuriousWeasel

Superman's heat beams and freeze breath would have no effect on Herc, he has stood up to almost full powered blasts from the herald Nova with no damage, he has also stood against blasts from the godlike Korvac and he definately has strength feats as 'The god of strength' up there with Supermam. Hercules was the Earth's premier warrior even before his mortal death, a master of all combat styles and is credited co-creating pankration the worlds first complete mixed fighting art and the combat style that Wonder Woman is trained in. Again the only advantage I see Superman having is his speed and I'm pretty sure he has the experience gained in three thousand years to deal with this, don't forget that Herc has regularly beaten war gods in H2H and even beat Thor while drunk.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FuriousWeasel

See my later post for some of the answers to your points.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By czarny_samael666

Even in morals - Superman wins this for sure. 
Hercules may be in the same level of strength with Superman, but he isn't as durable as Superman. He also doesn't have answer for his heat vision.

Superman in the beginning will not use his speed, but Herc is alone and can't put Superman down, before Clark will change his tactic into using speed and HV good enough to stomp Zeusson ( :-P ).

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jayfournines

@FuriousWeasel said:

Superman's heat beams and freeze breath would have no effect on Herc, he has stood up to almost full powered blasts from the herald Nova with no damage, he has also stood against blasts from the godlike Korvac and he definately has strength feats as 'The god of strength' up there with Supermam. Hercules was the Earth's premier warrior even before his mortal death, a master of all combat styles and is credited co-creating pankration the worlds first complete mixed fighting art and the combat style that Wonder Woman is trained in. Again the only advantage I see Superman having is his speed and I'm pretty sure he has the experience gained in three thousand years to deal with this, don't forget that Herc has regularly beaten war gods in H2H and even beat Thor while drunk.

really? hercules knows ninjitsu? and brazillian jiu jitsu? and pressure points? and torquasm vo?

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FuriousWeasel

Herc has tagged and dropped Quicksilver moving at his pre-Isotope E top speed (Over the speed of sound)

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FuriousWeasel

Herc has stood up to an almost full powered blast from the herald Nova without even flinching, he would not be effected by clark's heat beams.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bigcimmerian

If drunk Hercules can beat Thor, then he can surely beat Superman, but I must say that Thor was using only his strength in battle.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FuriousWeasel

Hercules has held aloft the heavens, held together the entire island of Manhattan after an attack by worldbreaker Hulk and has lifted and literally thrown Marvel's version of Godzilla who weights thousands of tons.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FuriousWeasel

You're joking right, he gets 'touched' all the time.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SPM1M

@FuriousWeasel said:

Herc has tagged and dropped Quicksilver moving at his pre-Isotope E top speed (Over the speed of sound)

Thats kinda irrelevant since superman is far faster than quick silver we are talking light speed

@FuriousWeasel said:

Herc has stood up to an almost full powered blast from the herald Nova without even flinching, he would not be effected by clark's heat beams.

Thats nice but if I where to give the same argument on supes side i could say he survived a supernova, flew away from a planetary explosion, survived the collision of two planets while at the center and so much more but just curious is a full powered blast from Nova on par with the heat hotter from that of the core of a star just wondering

Even if Herc had equal strength supes other abilities would make short work of him assuming ur talkin about a stanrdard herc with out any divine amps

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@FuriousWeasel said:

yeah and Superman tagged Flash who is fater than quicksilver.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FuriousWeasel

@DarkKnightDetective: I posted that instance just as a response to someone saying they had never seen a Hercules speed feat.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FuriousWeasel

@Jayfournines said:

@FuriousWeasel said:

really? hercules knows ninjitsu? and brazillian jiu jitsu? and pressure points? and torquasm vo?

That's obviously not what I meant, Hercules is a master of all forms of fighting (stand-up brawling, grappling, swordsmanship, thrown weapons, archery etc.) not specific modern oriental martial art styles. Hercules, when mortal, was the world's greatest warriors able to defeat powerful supernatural creatures.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By terry2012

What everyone said about Superman. He clearly wins.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By blackadamFTW

@ImmortalOne: Just to clarify for the one feat, he didn't destroy the planet, he just heated it up.

Superman still wins pretty damn easily.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jayfournines

@FuriousWeasel said:

@Jayfournines said:

@FuriousWeasel said:

That's obviously not what I meant, Hercules is a master of all forms of fighting (stand-up brawling, grappling, swordsmanship, thrown weapons, archery etc.) not specific modern oriental martial art styles. Hercules, when mortal, was the world's greatest warriors able to defeat powerful supernatural creatures.

so is he a master of all forms of fighting or not? does he know savate? zipota? mexican-style boxing? native american knife fighting? kali stick fighting?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has it really come to the point where so many users really see Superman as a weakling, comparable to Thor and Hercules? I mean...man. The poor guy was stripped of his powers so many times and re imagined so many times over the decades, who is to say who Superman REALLY is? Which version of Superman ? How do you go from mini Jesus Superman in the Silver Age to Superman from the justice league cartoon who has trouble with grenades and large pieces of machinery? I mean, seriously. How stupid do you have to be to say Superman vs anyone without being specific to what era of Superman you are talking about.

Nobody in the last 30 yrs or so sees superman as neigh god like, totally invulnerable, near limitless in speed. Pretty much all kids think Superman is just a guy in a blue outfit with an S on his shoulder, not the most amazing super hero there is, not the leader, or the first original. Just a weakling that Thor might be able to beat up. What a sad place this site has become.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Journal

@P0rtal: Are you Spike?

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KnightRise

@Supreme Marvel: I command you to FAP.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xeon1cs

@BigCimmerian said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

Holy out of context scans Batman!

Hercules cannot beat Superman.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pokeysteve

@Wolfrazer said:

@Pokeysteve: Well he did hold up the world/heavens, so theres another feat. But ya Superman is too diverse in his powerset for Hercules. Now if it was just H2H, and no other powers Supes could use then I would lean to Herc but as it stands now, no it goes to Supes.

Holding up the heavens is one of those abstract feats that can't be calculated and doesn't mean much. Supes and Thor are considered close in strength and Herc and Thor are considered equal. There's no reason to think Superman couldn't hold up the heavens either.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By xeon1cs

@Pokeysteve said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@Pokeysteve: Well he did hold up the world/heavens, so theres another feat. But ya Superman is too diverse in his powerset for Hercules. Now if it was just H2H, and no other powers Supes could use then I would lean to Herc but as it stands now, no it goes to Supes.

Holding up the heavens is one of those abstract feats that can't be calculated and doesn't mean much. Supes and Thor are considered close in strength and Herc and Thor are considered equal. There's no reason to think Superman couldn't hold up the heavens either.

Didn't Pre-Flashpoint Superman basically lift infinity? Granted Captain Marvel was there. But half of infinity is still infinity. Just saying, they both have stupid strength feats, but Supermans high end, is well...high. Even New 52 shows greater strength than Hercules has in quite some time.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pokeysteve

@xeon1cs said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Wolfrazer said:

Didn't Pre-Flashpoint Superman basically lift infinity? Granted Captain Marvel was there. But half of infinity is still infinity. Just saying, they both have stupid strength feats, but Supermans high end, is well...high. Even New 52 shows greater strength than Hercules has in quite some time.

Yup. I didn't mention that "feat" though. It's fun to read but isn't really usable in the battle forums.

I like where they're going with New 52 Supe.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xeon1cs

@Pokeysteve said:

@xeon1cs said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Wolfrazer said:

Yup. I didn't mention that "feat" though. It's fun to read but isn't really usable in the battle forums.

I like where they're going with New 52 Supe.

I do as well, I like how they're kind of teetering on that "Almost Silver Age levels but not quite there" edge.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pokeysteve

@xeon1cs: EXACTLY. That's the perfect way to phrase it.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FuriousWeasel

@P0rtal: What's the point of a character like that, with that much power, automatically stronger and faster than any other character, it's pathetic. Why would anyone read a book about a unbelievably dull character like that and if he's so damn powerful, why would there be any need far any other heroes. Also to to say Thor or Hercules are weaklings is ignorant to the point of retardation and goes against over fifty years of established continuity.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vouile

@SPM1M said:

Equal in strength? theres nothing that suggest that Herc is on the same level as supes in strength unless he has the belt of strength. As for fighting skill goes, fighting skill is useless wen ur opponent is much MUCH! faster sure u can compare herc to QS but supes tangles with flash and thats a HUGE speed gap ad to that all the other powers in Kals arsenal Herc has no real chance against Kal......

@PlasticBag said:

@PlasticBag said:

@Ferdelance said:

Superman

@Journal said:

Superman.

All this.

@FuriousWeasel

Morals off, Hercules would loose almost automatically, since Superman can travel light speeds. Almost anything Hercules would do wouldn't matter.

Morals on, may be a better battle and Hercules wouldn't loose automatically, but Superman takes an easy trophy and still wins no matter what due to his superior healing factor, speed and flight advantage and almost nothing else would matter on Hercules' side.

You should also move this to the "General Discussions" forums if you'd like to debate on the specifics of this battle and not the just the outcome. If you're putting it in the "Battles" forums, it will be locked.

:D

Vouile