• 59 results
#1 Edited by Jake Fury (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules (Marvel)  

vs Atlas (DC) 

Two of the heaviest hitters in comics go at it. No holds barred. Fight takes place in downtown Metropolis which is deserted for 20 square blocks. No weapons, man to man in a straight up street fight.  

#2 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules wins in a good fight.
#3 Posted by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlas.. ? 
If He has 0.001 % powers of clasic Atlas from Mythology

#4 Posted by Jake Fury (18167 posts) - - Show Bio
@D3athstroke:
DC version. He's not the Titan of legend but still extremely powerful.
#5 Posted by Jake Fury (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#6 Posted by Cellar Door (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlas can fight Supes?
I say Hercules though...

#7 Posted by Manchine (4023 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules wins this one.
#8 Posted by fatyman (448 posts) - - Show Bio

atlas is magic. he took on superman. atlas would own hercules.

#9 Posted by velle37 (6043 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry for this type of logic but in Marvel Herc equal is thor..... who was beaten by Supes............ Who was in turn beaten by Atlas.............. 

so if Atlas>Supes>Thor 

and Thor=Hercules 

then by the the subtitution rule Atlas>Hercules. 

(Being that there are no other determining factors, like a cycle of weakness and strength, such as fire melts metal, which cuts wood, which parts earth, which muddles water, which extinguishes flame, etc.....)
#10 Posted by alexandrinus (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, can't say your logic is wrong, still Atlas only took superman on because he is a magical character... Superman has always had a weakness to it. Hercules on the other hand is a god and is not affected by magic like superman. 

I sya that Hercules has this one.
#11 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Atlas' power is magic based, but if his power simply amps up his strength to Superman level, I don't see Hercules being able to take a full blown punch from this guy

#12 Posted by spiderbuck (2449 posts) - - Show Bio
@King-Stranglehold da first said:
" Hercules wins in a good fight. "

The Prince of Power takes this....!    

Have at Thee!!!!!
#13 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlas wins.

#14 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (81700 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad:
I like this art.  The position of Herc and Atlas is remniscent of Greek wrestlers which is very appropriate for these two guys.   
Still, I'd switch the characters around.  Hercules would win.
#16 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Atlas may be slightly stronger 
But i give the fighting skill to Herc 
With that, he may be able to even the odds for a win
#17 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules beats his face in.

#18 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
"Hercules beats his face in. "

I think you may be under estimating Atlas
#19 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Why? He had the edge over Superman due to outside interference and magic. One Zatanna's cousin did his stuff, Superman kicked his ass pretty swiftly as I recall.

#20 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
"Really? Why? He had the edge over Superman due to outside interference and magic. One Zatanna's cousin did his stuff, Superman kicked his ass pretty swiftly as I recall. "

He had the edge the same way Cap Marvel has over Superman 
His power is based in magic (he gets it from a artifact)
But it doesn't change that he is still nearly as strong as Superman
#21 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel rivals Superman physically without any magic taken into account. When it is, Marvel has the edge. Atlas is outright outclassed apparently by Kryptonian level characters when they're are no weaknesses being exploted. Superman took him out pretty swiftly (Albeit off panel) and a Kryptonian (The traitor from Krypton) kicked his ass I believe. 

The Government was interfering with some outside source (The satellites I think) and were messing with Superman. Once Zatara fixed it, Atlas was out of his league apparently.

#22 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus:
Read his bio 
Atlas strength and durability rivals Superman 
Cap Marvel is as strong as Superman becvause of magic 
He is magically given the power of a god (Heracles) (who are magical beings)  
That magical element always gives him a edge on Superman (though he isn't quite as strong)
#23 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what a bio says. That ain't evidence. Superman was getting his ass kicked because of his vulnerability that was being exploited by Atlas and the Government. When this vulnerability was no longer being exploited, Atlas was put down swiftly. Albeit off panel. And if I am right and that Kryptonian traitor did kick his ass (I think he might have been playing dead I'm not sure), then he really is simply not on that that level.

Why does the source of Captain Marvel's power matter? His physical strength rivals that of Superman. When they lock up arms, or arm wrestle, magic isn't in play. When it is, Marvel can apparently knock out Superman in two hits like he did during the JLA arc.

#24 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
"I don't care what a bio says. That ain't evidence. Superman was getting his ass kicked because of his vulnerability that was being exploited by Atlas and the Government. When this vulnerability was no longer being exploited, Atlas was put down swiftly. Albeit off panel. And if I am right and that Kryptonian traitor did kick his ass (I think he might have been playing dead I'm not sure), then he really is simply not on that that level. Why does the source of Captain Marvel's power matter? His physical strength rivals that of Superman. When they lock up arms, or arm wrestle, magic isn't in play. When it is, Marvel can apparently knock out Superman in two hits like he did during the JLA arc. "

Are you looking at what you saying? 
When they lock up its just his strength? 
Marvel is a magical being who gets his power from a magical being who borrowed it from magical beings

His strength comes from a source of magic like Superman's comes from the sun 
It's that magic that element that allows him to have an advantage over Superman 
Because Marvel isn't equal to Superman in strength (but thats my opinion based on feats)  

If you don't believe Atlas magic based strength is near equal to Superman then that's that 
I know Superman beat him but if it's officailly stated that their strength rivals, then it rivals 
Much like how Cap Atom strength is near Superman's, though Superman would beat him in that contest
#25 Edited by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs: 
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Simply drawing powers from a mystical force does not mean you're depowering Superman unless you're specifically utilizing magic against him. If it was the case, simply being in the presence of someone like Diana should logically have a negative affect on him which is obviously not the case. I.e. Marvel punching Superman does not affect him irregularly unless his punch is emanating magical lightning etc. Sure there's the odd scene where a vampire f*cks up Clark, but those are just that, odd scenes. Marvel being physically as strong as Superman has been one of the consistent things about DC for a very long time. He might not have nearly as many feats, but direct comparisons trump lifting something very heavy. At least direct comparisons that have been as consistent as their rivalry. Surprise it's in doubt. I've read like half a dozen fights between the two, and I can only think of one scene that suggests what you're saying. And that issue had Superman saying Marvel had the edge -meaning he'd win- in straight up combat due to his powers having a mystical origin.  Which doesn't in of itself mean Marvel's weaker than Superman.

Atlas' strength isn't equal from what I've seen. The only reason Atlast did so well, was because of someone was exploiting Clark's weakness. Without the weakness in play, he was quickly defeated. Either way, Atlas' mystical based origin will mean diddly against Hercules.  Where has it been stated that Atlas' strength rivals Superman? A Superman not being weakened. It clearly wasn't the case based on their fight.
#26 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty sure steel beat down atlas,herc held up planets too right? herc a better fighter also,herc for the win.7.5/10
#27 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Did he? I only read the first part of the battle when Atlas had the edge. Guess Steel made a come back.

Hercules held up Atlas' weight -the Heavens- which is one of those unquantifiable feats.

#28 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus: 

So I'm powered by magic 
But there is no magic in my blow 
So there is no magic in the blows of Juggernaut?
There is no magic in the blows of Thor's hammer? 
I guess there is no gamma radiation in Hulk's blows  
When Cap Marvel fought Superman during the Luther story in Superman/Batman 
He told him (after landing a blow that laid him down) that his magic element woul dalways beat him 
There was no lightning sparking in his blow 
Just the magic that makes up in his entire being powering the blow

@the darknessss said:
"pretty sure steel beat down atlas,herc held up planets too right? herc a better fighter also,herc for the win.7.5/10 "

Atlas beat down Steel  

#29 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs:
read war of the supermen,steel wins the fight.
#30 Edited by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss said:

"@StrongestOneThereIs: read war of the supermen,steel wins the fight. "

I did  
See Superman #690 
He defeats Steel

Lantern say he is close to Supes
#31 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs said:
"@the darknessss said:

"@StrongestOneThereIs: read war of the supermen,steel wins the fight. "

I did  
See Superman #690 
He defeats Steel

Lantern say he is close to Supes "

well its one win each,im not saying hes as strong as atlas,but he beat atlas down in war of the supermen thats all.
#32 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss:
Superman has beaten down guys near his level 
How about Eradicator
#33 Posted by termiteone4ever (7003 posts) - - Show Bio

WEll since its not the choas wars herc well Atlas got this.

#34 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs:
your missing my point here,i only said steel was able to beat atlas in war of the supermen,but i dont think steel can beat herc,so herc wins this imo.
#35 Posted by karrob (4278 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules....

#36 Posted by Achilles. (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlas,,,,

#37 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a great match.Anyone?

#38 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules

#39 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
I know Atlas' power is magic based, but if his power simply amps up his strength to Superman level, I don't see Hercules being able to take a full blown punch from this guy
Thats rediculous Herc is one of the most powerful characters ever and you mean to tell me a blow from supes is enough to take him down??? get real, if herc had flight i think he would give supes the fight of his life
#40 Posted by andre54 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

hercules. i haven't seen any of atlas' feats yet besides evidence that he rivals superman, and i thought classic hercules was stronger than current superman.

#41 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17004 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlas seems to not have enough feats to stand against Herc.

#42 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules
#43 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules should take it.
#44 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

Thats rediculous Herc is one of the most powerful characters ever and you mean to tell me a blow from supes is enough to take him down??? get real, if herc had flight i think he would give supes the fight of his life
? You're seriously going to call me out on a post I made a year ago? "Get real"? 

Classy.

Also, I'm not Hercules expert but I highly doubt Herc can keep up with Supes speed. Anyways, I don't want to debate with someone so abrasive, good day.
#45 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc wins here.

#46 Posted by NeonNemesis (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules wins, Atlas only lasted that long against Superman because he has a magic aura and Supes is weak to magic.
#47 Posted by Greendevil (1938 posts) - - Show Bio

Some more scans of Atlas feats please? 

Until then Herc the prince of power, the lion of Olympos via being the better fighter! Can Atlas shot something from his eyes/hands? wtf can he do? Cuz taking on Herc in a fist fight head on is an extremely bad idea!

Also Atlas beating Superman is a poor example imo, for the obvious Magical reason.

#48 Posted by PowerHerc (81700 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil said:

Some more scans of Atlas feats please? Until then Herc the prince of power, the lion of Olympos via being the better fighter! Can Atlas shot something from his eyes/hands? wtf can he do? Cuz taking on Herc in a fist fight head on is an extremely bad idea! Also Atlas beating Superman is a poor example imo, for the obvious Magical reason.

This.

#49 Posted by Needlebay (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

@the darknessss said:

pretty sure steel beat down atlas,herc held up planets too right? herc a better fighter also,herc for the win.7.5/10

Which issue, because Atlas eventually beat down Steel, even though he had his whole factory to use.

http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.com/2009/07/review-superman-690.html

#50 Edited by Corlorde (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc wins this. Im not to sure on how strong Atlas is. I know he is equal to supes, but not to sure what his feats are. Herc on the other has Vast strength that is equal if not better than thor. He has the ability to hold Manhattan or move it, nonetheless, it weighted 99 billion ton.

This is one of hercs incredible feats of strengths. I think this has been used a lot. But just trying to get my point across.