#1 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by King Hercules (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting battle. I don't think Helspont energy manipulation would defeat the Surfer but his strength (near equal to Majestic) definitely could. I want to say the Surfer because of the higher level of energy attacks he can use. But I'm not 100% convinced.

#3 Posted by King Saturn (222790 posts) - - Show Bio
Helspont should be able to win this... wont be an easy fight though... 
#4 Posted by Pulsar (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

There's too many questions about Helspont's host body for me to say for sure. Almost nothing is known about Photon's race.
#5 Posted by Red_Blade (2441 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking Surfer can pull off that Astral stuff that everyone's been talkin bout lately

#6 Posted by King Hercules (1160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pulsar said:
" There's too many questions about Helspont's host body for me to say for sure. Almost nothing is known about Photon's race. "
His host body is an Acurian. I may have the name wrong but Photon of Youngblood is one of that race.

The Daemonite that is in the host body caused the changes in his appearance as well as power level.
#7 Posted by Pulsar (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Hercules said:
" @Pulsar said:
" There's too many questions about Helspont's host body for me to say for sure. Almost nothing is known about Photon's race. "
His host body is an Acurian. I may have the name wrong but Photon of Youngblood is one of that race.

The Daemonite that is in the host body caused the changes in his appearance as well as power level. "

I know all of this. What is not known is the full scope of Photon's race's abilities. Helspont has never been shown to use the full extent of his abilities as well. Not even against Majestic.
#8 Posted by King Hercules (1160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pulsar: 
From Photon's showings in Youngblood, I would place Photon himself somewhere around the Torch (the original Torch). He was strong and durable. How far the possession has increased those powers I don't know. Helspont seemed no match for the other kherubim Lord Imperator. His power rivaled Majestic.
#9 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, i ain't too sure about this one, i just read that helspont is comparable to majestic's level in terms of physical attributes, how powerful is his psionics? does anyone have any examples

#10 Posted by MonsterStomp (13049 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I right to bump this for more opinions?

#11 Posted by GhostRider2 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer, too many powers and ways at his disposal.

#12 Posted by MonsterStomp (13049 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider2: May I ask what Surfer would do to a Majestic level being?

#13 Edited by GhostRider2 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp: can't say, he is good too and he is capable of much but no way in hell he is beating SS.But SS can use his cosmic awareness, use intangibility etc and eventually go astral plane.Not sure on this, would matter manipulation work?

#14 Posted by dondave (26498 posts) - - Show Bio

Helspont ftw

#15 Posted by MonsterStomp (13049 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider2: I don't know much about Surfer which is why I'm asking. I know Surfer doesn't go all out in a fight, in fact he regularly holds way back in fights. That is his fatal flaw here. I know Helspont is on Majestic level, which appears to be over SS in most cases.

I'd edge toward Helspont in a decent fight.

#16 Edited by NeonGameWave (7204 posts) - - Show Bio

Helspont takes this.

#17 Edited by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

Helspont is on Majestic level, which appears to be over SS in most cases.

Silver Surfer is faster, more durable and more versatile than Majestic. The Surfer always holds back though and has crap hand 2 hand skills

but bloodlusted he could just transmute most enemies or start opening up blackholes

@MonsterStomp said:

@GhostRider2: May I ask what Surfer would do to a Majestic level being?

Punch through his throat and kill him, send a board through his head and kill him (Imperator did it to Helspont)

Speed blitz them (Surfer has way, way better speed feats)

KO him with a big energy outburst (an Orb KO'ed Helspont while Surfer regularly blows up planets)

transmutation, atomic disintegration

bla bla Surfer has any number of options

problem with Silver Surfer is in-character he never goes all out, he will hold back, he will sit and he will debate allowing an idiot like Rhino to punch on him, sometimes he shows a bit of blood lust and planets explode like his battle with Ravenous but even then Surfer holds back

#18 Posted by MonsterStomp (13049 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charlie_Jade: SS has a number of ways true. How does SS take telepathy? Psychic blasts and mind control?

#19 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4001 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards SS though Helspont is a beast.

#20 Posted by dondave (26498 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp: SS is a telepath as well, he's resisted Moon Dragon's TP and has said that his power comes from the Astral Plane or something like that

#21 Posted by MonsterStomp (13049 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: So why do you think Helspont wins?

#22 Posted by dondave (26498 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp: He's a telepath aswell, He has TK, and he back-handed Superman into a concussion

#23 Posted by MonsterStomp (13049 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@MonsterStomp: He's a telepath aswell, He has TK, and he back-handed Superman into a concussion

Is that your winning argument to vote for Helspont?

Not trying to be annoying or such, the reason why I bumped this is to get a good grasp on the characters.

#24 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

How does SS take telepathy? Psychic blasts and mind control?

He's not the best telepath,

Manhunter and Xavier have more experience but Silver Surfer does have crazy feats

#25 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

anyways Surfer should take them majority

#26 Posted by never give up (9227 posts) - - Show Bio

bump