• 83 results
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By nefarious
@nickzambuto: What did I lie about, nickzambuto?
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By renamed040924

@Nefarious said:

@nickzambuto: What did I lie about, nickzambuto?

You said Hulk stopped Juggernaut. BUT,

That is not Hulk, that is War.

I just realized though that it wasn't you who posted that scan though, so... nvm

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By nefarious
@nickzambuto: I thought that was Hulk. My lie wasn't purposeful.
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By renamed040924

@Nefarious said:

@nickzambuto: I thought that was Hulk. My lie wasn't purposeful.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Floopay

@TheAcidSkull said:

@karetaker said:

@utotheg38 said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

No Caption Provided

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: here you go

Is that canon?

he go a celestial tech power up. that shouldn't count

the watch this :)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

juggs was barely pushing Hulk

Hulk can match his strength to some degree when he is angry enough. Even in this comic Hulk is just barely holding Juggs back, had Xavier not stepped in, Cain probably would have been the victor. Even in the scan of him as war, the same scenario applied. The Celestial Tech that Apocalypse gave him allowed him to use his power to its full potential, and that was barely enough to hold Juggs back (remember, this is him stopping Juggernaut BEFORE Juggs gains any momentum, so the whole "Unstoppable" thing hasn't come into effect yet), and even then when he wasn't able to hold him back any longer, he used his whip to take his feet off the ground (otherwise he would have been run through). Notice how as War (which is him to his full potential) Juggernaut is still pushing him backwards before Hulk can take his feet off the ground.

In WWH, Hulk uses a very clever technique. He allows the Juggernaut to gain momentum (before he stopped Juggs from gaining momentum by grabbing him before he could start moving), and then push him forward, allowing him to continue moving (as he is unstoppable) out of the battlefield. This fight was never concluded, however. Hulk ends up talking to Xavier and leaving the Institute before Juggernaut comes back to the fight.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Interested1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Interested1

Based on facts about both characters; Juggernaut has the potential to totally destroy Galactus by virtue of Cytorrak being vastly more powerful than Galactus. Galactus is the paralelled opposite of the Hulk in terms of power. Starts immensely powerful and weakens...as the Hulk starts relatively weak and gets vastly more powerful.... The power that is feeding Juggernaut will toast Galactus finite power due to Cytorraks finite power and Cosmos dwarfing Galactus' power and cosmos.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Manchine

@utotheg38 said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

No Caption Provided

Is that canon?

Of course that happened on the copied world that Franklen Richards made. =)

Detroit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Detroit101

why are we debating hulk vs juggs here???

Galactus beats juggs, unless its Trion, then i think galactus won't be able to physically stop juggs. Unless galactus can amp his own strength, but idk if thats ever been shown.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By _Black

People actually take Odin headbutting Galactus seriously?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ShootingNova

@_Black: Well, Odin got knocked out afterwards and Galactus' helmet shattered but Galactus recovered in seconds, Odin recovered minutes later.

Avatar image for henryarguelles5
henryarguelles5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By henryarguelles5

If anything, this thread proves a very valid point: Galactus is written so badly, the question of whether he can stop the Juggernaut is actually a vaild one. Considering his overall showings...physically, Galactus diverts him, alters his path - not actually stops him.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By spiderbuck1

@Floopay said:

@P0rtal: @Nefarious: Yeah, Galactus has a few pretty awful showing of physical might. I recall Thor throwing a hammer at Galactus and it didn't do much good, and then Odin showed up and headbutted him (and that knocked him over, and bought him and Thor enough time to get out of there). But a resting Galactus was picked up by the Thing once, and he's also been punched by Wolverine and that had some affect on him (these are some of his lowest showings).

However, as far as a PHYSICAL confrontation goes. Let us not forget him and the In-Betweener going one on one, and shaking entire galaxies with their blows (actually boxing match between Galactus and the In-Betweener) in Silver Surfer vol. 3 (check me on that). Galactus also boxes with Tyrant (as well as blasts him with enormous amounts of cosmic energy). Another physical blow he takes is when Thanos rams a planet that is lined with nuclear explosives along it's impact point into him, and Galactus survives and is a little worse for wear, but physically he is fine. When powered by Richards, he boxes a Celestial down with his bare hands.

So yes, I think a normal fed Galactus can stop a normal level Juggernaut, especially if he can shake galaxies with a single blow.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Also Herc and Chaos War Zeus have landed powerful physical blows to Big G. CW Zeus' blow obviously being the more significant of the two.

For the record I think an aware and cognizant Galactus is far above non skyfathers and would have his way with Juggs.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By spiderbuck1

@Grand Ninja said:

@Floopay said:

@ChaosBlazer: @Remi: That's Apocalypse. And that's a Super Enraged Hulk powered by Celesital Technology. And again, he doesn't really "stop" the Juggernaut, he sort of does what he did in WWH and stopped him from gaining momentum. However, he STILL overpowers Juggernaut, which is an impressive feat nonetheless (Juggs has enough strength to nearly bearhug Thor to death!). He doesn't actually stop a springing Juggernaut.

This is Hulk as War in the "Age of Apocalypse".

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well you have to remember, that Hulk himself is a walking nexus of a different reality (Gamma infused dimension), so the Celestial tech sorta helped him gain his nearly unlimited source of power from that dimension and it paused Juggernaut for a time, but even Hulk knew that he couldn't hold it for too long which is why he used the whip to grab Juggernaut by the feet and BFR him. But get this. If Hulk gets his power by being enraged, Juggernaut can build up his by the hate he feels. Juggernaut (Cain Marko's in-character) likes to test other character and mess around alot. When he fights he cracks jokes and doesn't taking anything really seriously except for Classic when he really hated his step brother..... These days, Juggernaut doesn't feel as much hate.... He could of beaten Celestial powered War Hulk, but .... You know... PIS gets in the way of things that ought to be.

Where is this from? This is the first I've ever heard of this. If you have scans or something that would be great. Not that I don't believe you, but more so because I think it would be great ammo for the Hulk v (insert DC character) threads. Yes, those speedsters will still have an edge, but still. Also that would be a great angle to tap into in future arcs.

Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Nessy

Hulk and Galactus are both extremely inconsistent characters, with both fluctuating in power and feats to a ridiculous extent, even when compared to other comic characters. One has an anger level, the other has a hunger level, both these factors means that a writer can make either character virtually as weak or as powerful as they'd like. This is why these two characters specifically are so hard to gauge on the battles forum.

Back on topic, as far as I know there is no real way of knowing whether Galactus can stop Juggernaut, especially if he has never been stopped before. My knowledge on Jugg's feats are fairly limited but unless anyone else has any real evidence I'd say that this question isn't really logically answerable as it's always kind of been a running thing (pun) that Juggs momentum was unstoppable, and Marvel writers seem to like to keep it that way.

I personally don't like the idea of a low-end being such as Juggs being unstoppable to a character as high up as Galactus, so I choose not to believe it. However I am open-minded and welcome anyone to post any evidence that pertains to Juggs being shown to be able to keep his momentum when opposed by incredible powers. I am willing to change my mind, but I just hope that if anything it's proven the other way (Galactus winning) because in my eyes that is more fitting.

Apologies for the mess of this post, will probably clean it up a bit later, hopefully it's not too much of a mess.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Floopay

@spiderbuck said:

@Grand Ninja said:

@Floopay said:

@ChaosBlazer: @Remi: That's Apocalypse. And that's a Super Enraged Hulk powered by Celesital Technology. And again, he doesn't really "stop" the Juggernaut, he sort of does what he did in WWH and stopped him from gaining momentum. However, he STILL overpowers Juggernaut, which is an impressive feat nonetheless (Juggs has enough strength to nearly bearhug Thor to death!). He doesn't actually stop a springing Juggernaut.

This is Hulk as War in the "Age of Apocalypse".

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well you have to remember, that Hulk himself is a walking nexus of a different reality (Gamma infused dimension), so the Celestial tech sorta helped him gain his nearly unlimited source of power from that dimension and it paused Juggernaut for a time, but even Hulk knew that he couldn't hold it for too long which is why he used the whip to grab Juggernaut by the feet and BFR him. But get this. If Hulk gets his power by being enraged, Juggernaut can build up his by the hate he feels. Juggernaut (Cain Marko's in-character) likes to test other character and mess around alot. When he fights he cracks jokes and doesn't taking anything really seriously except for Classic when he really hated his step brother..... These days, Juggernaut doesn't feel as much hate.... He could of beaten Celestial powered War Hulk, but .... You know... PIS gets in the way of things that ought to be.

Where is this from? This is the first I've ever heard of this. If you have scans or something that would be great. Not that I don't believe you, but more so because I think it would be great ammo for the Hulk v (insert DC character) threads. Yes, those speedsters will still have an edge, but still. Also that would be a great angle to tap into in future arcs.

This was from Age of Apocalypse.

@TheAcidSkull: Juggs also can amp up his power. The more self-serving he is, and the more malice he shows, the more power Cyttorak grants him. Against someone like the Hulk these two could essentially fight for eternity. The Hulk could never stop Juggernaut in full momentum, but he could stop him before he gains momentum, and re-direct him like he has before, as well as remove his feat from the ground, etc. At his highest levels Hulk could potentially even out the playing field (unless Juggs becomes 8th Day level or higher).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By karetaker

@TheAcidSkull said:

@karetaker said:

@utotheg38 said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

No Caption Provided

Is that canon?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

juggs was standing almost completely vertically. he had no forward momentum. if he did hulk couldn't have stopped him

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By utotheg38

@karetaker said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@karetaker said:

@utotheg38 said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

No Caption Provided

Is that canon?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

juggs was standing almost completely vertically. he had no forward momentum. if he did hulk couldn't have stopped him

Please stop quoting this post, My inbox is on fire. XD

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Floopay

@utotheg38 said:

@karetaker said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@karetaker said:

@utotheg38 said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

No Caption Provided

Is that canon?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Please stop quoting this post, My inbox is on fire. XD

Okay. :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ShenLong

So speaks the ComicVine member known as ShenLong: Thor > Galactus > Cyttorak

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ShenLong

@Floopay: In raw, mortal, unaided power with no supernatural intervention, the Hulk is the strongest there is. Cyttorak is a Fallen Elder god, and therefore belonging to the Greek pantheon, weaker only to Catholic and Norse pantheon (respectfully believe what you want). With unrelenting, infinite immortal strength, Ares is stronger than Hulk, but in the instant, in the instance, without immortal help, Hulk will take down anyone mortal, and, for the purpose of being convenient to greater plans of greater beings, and unknowingly bowing down, will take down even immortals, perhaps as a tool. Cain, without Cyttorak's backup, will be turned to mud beneath Hulk's feet. Curbstomp.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Bane_of_sith

I picture Cain running into galactus's shin and falling on his face lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tough call on Juggernaut vs Galactus's shin lol :P never found the answer to this question

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Celestial tech only allows the Hulk to access all of his strength without the rage (so essentially War was infinitely strong)

He has also been pushed back by Thor's Godblast not at full power.

So i'm assuming Galactus's infinite might and power from the cosmos would be able to stop him at normal power. (if juggernaut's connection to cytorrak is weakened he needs to build up momentum before he becomes unstoppable, and when he's trion juggernaut not even the barriers between dimensions can stop him)

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In my mind no physical force should be able to stop the Juggernaut. This was true for a long time with what you might call "classic" Juggernaut.

However, EVERYONE jobs at some point or another and most of the time it stays canon.

Regardless, Galactus would be able to stop Juggs even in his classic form, not through a pure display of physical force but more likely through some sort of manipulation/transmutation of the Juggernauts surroundings if not of the Juggernaut himself

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds kind of ridiculous,that Juggs could move the 3rd force in the universe,consider the Big G that had just ate 4 planets to fight the Celestials.Could Juggsy really move him?Or the Celestials themselves,sounds like they would have a good football game.With juggs as the ball.give me a break these cosmic beings are many levels above Juggsy or his benifactor Cyttorak.Who has no feats to speak of as far as I know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p0rtal: In a purely physical confrontation Juggy should have a good chance

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Wow that was a very different fight when i read it.Did they change some pages?The one I read,Mephisto and Galactus where on the verge of destroying galaxies when the surfer sent Galactus a phychic message that there was still hope for the galaxy without destroying it.Galactus then changed fighting tactics and decided to destroy Mephisto`s reality.He was powerless to do anything about it,but give up and give Galactus both Haeralds like the bitch he is!How can you argue that?

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@interested1: Truly feel sorry for you,no need to argue with you just please get some help.Before the bath saltz kill you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@P0rtal said:

Having a bit of a debate with a buddy that we can't seem to figure out. Would Galactus be able to physically stop Juggernaut in full charge? Lets say both are standing on the ground where Juggernaut charges Galactus, would be mow through him and basically trip him? Or would Galactus be able to physically halt him? I was under the impression that nothing can stop the Juggernaut unless its one of the higher level cosmic beings above Galactus. If Thor can toss his hammer in Galactus's face and knock his head backward, wouldn't Juggernaut be able to do the same if not much worse if he were running at him at full speed and sucker punched him somehow?

any FACTUAL help or links to pictures that help answer my question are appreciated

-mike

Not an expert on galactus but I'll say yes.

*Waits for Jugg's fanboy to come In*

Im here now. No he cannot stop the Unstoppable Juggernaut.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus stops him.