owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator
Hellcat vs Mockingbird

Classic versions of both: pre-super soldier serum for Mockingbird, Hellcat has none of her various short-lived powers.

Hellcat has her grappling-hook claw that shoots off her wrist, Mockingbird has her batons.

In character.  Win by KO or incapacitation.

Battle takes place in a populated Home Depot, starting at 10'.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

ruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By ruler

Mockingbird she is more skilled

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Any feats for Hellcat?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Any feats for Hellcat?

Nothing that really stands out to me that I can think of.  She was always on teams and kind of fought in the background.  Nonetheless she's very agile, possibly more than Barbara, and her claws can rip stone.  She was taught martial arts by Moondragon on Titan.  I sort of see this battle as two people who are both highly trained and experienced, but tend to serve on teams where they're the least powerful, and so they rarely get the spotlight.  I don't think of classic Mockingbird having a ton of feats either, although perhaps they're somewhat better.  I don't want to undersell Hellcat, I think she's pretty solid, I just can't think of a lot of discrete feats.
Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Martian

Mockingbird

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Owie: Thanks. I stil lthink it would be a good fight. part of me thinks it could go either way, with a light edge to Bobbi. The feats few I saw for classic Mockingbird were not overly impressive. The one that stands out most in my mind is a sparring session she had with Captain America, and he was impressed by her skill. She also demonstrated some agility and speed against Hawkeye. For that reason, I am slightly leaning toward her but a more impressive or comparable showing for Patsy can swing me the other way or back in the middle. I agree with you on how both she and Hellcat fall into that same boat where their skill is more in description, and not really shown on panel.

Bitchgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bitchgurl

Hellcat would win as her style tends to be more unpredictable

in nature

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By owie  Moderator
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Owie: Thanks. I stil lthink it would be a good fight. part of me thinks it could go either way, with a light edge to Bobbi. The feats few I saw for classic Mockingbird were not overly impressive. The one that stands out most in my mind is a sparring session she had with Captain America, and he was impressed by her skill. She also demonstrated some agility and speed against Hawkeye. For that reason, I am slightly leaning toward her but a more impressive or comparable showing for Patsy can swing me the other way or back in the middle. I agree with you on how both she and Hellcat fall into that same boat where their skill is more in description, and not really shown on panel.

Yeah, I can agree with that--maybe a slight edge to Mockingbird.  One skill feat for Bobbi would be that she was able to break some arrows that Hawkeye shot at her from only 10 feet away.  So she's fast and accurate.