#1 Posted by Rick_Grayson (729 posts) - - Show Bio

No Morals, No Prep, start opposite ends of empty Gotham at night, win by kill, standard equipment

#2 Posted by James_Lockart (347 posts) - - Show Bio

HUGE fan of both but gotta go with the Boy here.

#3 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic versions? I know close to nothing about Dredd.

Hellboy is a pretty durable customer though. He's faced physically stronger enemies and suffered little more than minor bleeding - I don't know if Dredd has anything in his arsenal that can actually harm Hellboy. Granted, Hellboy is a pretty crappy marksman, so Dredd likely has the edge there, but if they get in close - Hellboy would take the win. He's a pretty tough melee brawler.

Interesting matchup though, I'm curious to see what others with knowledge on Dredd have to say.

#4 Posted by jashro44 (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Comic versions? I know close to nothing about Dredd.

Hellboy is a pretty durable customer though. He's faced physically stronger enemies and suffered little more than minor bleeding - I don't know if Dredd has anything in his arsenal that can actually harm Hellboy. Granted, Hellboy is a pretty crappy marksman, so Dredd likely has the edge there, but if they get in close - Hellboy would take the win. He's a pretty tough melee brawler.

Interesting matchup though, I'm curious to see what others with knowledge on Dredd have to say.

I have only read the relaunch of his current ongoing and looked at scans of a fight he had with batman (I have heard its canon) but this is the most powerful setting law giver has:

He only used it once and judging by the way the other judge reacts it doesn't seem like its in character. Maybe after he realizes his other settings wont do much to hell boy he will use the hi-explosive setting.

I would give this to hellboy. As you mentioned his durability and regeneration makes him hard to drop. I don't think Dredd can take him down. I think he might hurt him but I don't think he will KO him let alone kill hellboy.

#5 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell boy is to durable and is fast and strong enough to put down dredd. Hellboy takes this.

#6 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellboy is far too durable IMO ,,he will win a majority

#7 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6918 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellboy stomps. He has a healing factor on par with Wolverine's.

#8 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8733 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellboy.

#9 Posted by Juke (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Brother Red!

#10 Posted by Jmarshmallow (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellboy without a doubt.

Jmarshmallow