User Lists: 0

Bump.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I choose you, @risingbean! Attack with Knowledge About Movie Blade!

((I'm only familiar with Movie HB, and you're the only Viner I remember debating for Movie Blade))

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the battle involve ice skating up hill? If not, Hellboy.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade is like 7 times faster, more agile and more incisive than Hellboy. Add to that, HB isn't all that smart either. Movie Blade killed mf'ing Dracula.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade is like 7 times faster, more agile and more incisive than Hellboy. Add to that, HB isn't all that smart either. Movie Blade killed mf'ing Dracula.

blade only killed dracula with the help of an engineered virus.. he was getting owned until he injected the arrow.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chibi_cute

hellboy wins this one.. his right hand of doom could pummel blades face.

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Blade is pretty durable, and too fast for that right hand to catch him more then once. But that revolver could do some major damage. On the other hand we have Deathstroke the vampire and i choose deathstroke ftw

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HAMMER_OF_J2

I might have to go with blade he has the speed and skill to beat him

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Does the battle involve ice skating up hill? If not, Hellboy.

Some Mutha F__kas

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chibi_cute

@chibi_cute said:

Blade is pretty durable, and too fast for that right hand to catch him more then once. But that revolver could do some major damage. On the other hand we have Deathstroke the vampire and i choose deathstroke ftw

hellboy is more durable.. and not a slouch in the speed department either. also hellboy outclasses blade in strength department..

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Veshark

@donnergeist said:

@chibi_cute said:

hellboy is more durable.. and not a slouch in the speed department either. also hellboy outclasses blade in strength department..

Just want to point out, while HB is predominantly a brick, he's hardly a slouch in the speed department either.

He was able to keep up with and tag Kroenen - who if you remember, was fast enough to reflect bullets back to their shooters with his tonfa blades. Similarly, he was also able to keep up and tag Prince Nuada, a centuries-old fighter who could split a drop of water with his spear.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:
@chibi_cute said:

@donnergeist said:

@chibi_cute said:

Just want to point out, while HB is predominantly a brick, he's hardly a slouch in the speed department either.

He was able to keep up with and tag Kroenen - who if you remember, was fast enough to reflect bullets back to their shooters with his tonfa blades. Similarly, he was also able to keep up and tag Prince Nuada, a centuries-old fighter who could split a drop of water with his spear.

nuada is not just a century years old fighter.. lol he is a thousand years old.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:
@chibi_cute said:

@donnergeist said:

@chibi_cute said:

Centuries, not century - implying plural. I think he's even older than a 1000, he's been alive since the earliest days of man. The Hellboy 2 opening defines it as 'At the dawn of time'.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@chibi_cute said:

@veshark said:
@chibi_cute said:

@donnergeist said:

@chibi_cute said:

Centuries, not century - implying plural. I think he's even older than a 1000, he's been alive since the earliest days of man. The Hellboy 2 opening defines it as 'At the dawn of time'.

probably 9,000 years old

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: I've seen HB but it has been a long time. As for Blade, he has speed, strength, martial skill, Wesley Snipe puns concerning ice skating, edged weapons, full auto handguns, decent durability, and with blood damn good regen. He also has more entertaining movies.

But unless HB has a weakness to said edged weapons ( I forget, Use that clockwork Nazi as a reference) he should likely win. I think HB's durability feats may end up winning it for him. After all evasion only lasts so long...

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: I've seen HB but it has been a long time. As for Blade, he has speed, strength, martial skill, Wesley Snipe puns concerning ice skating, edged weapons, full auto handguns, decent durability, and with blood damn good regen. He also has more entertaining movies.

Lies!

But unless HB has a weakness to said edged weapons ( I forget, Use that clockwork Nazi as a reference) he should likely win. I think HB's durability feats may end up winning it for him. After all evasion only lasts so long...

Hellboy can be pierced - though it depends on the sharpness of the weapon in question, and the user's strength. Kroenen's tonfa blades were able to cut tiny pieces off Hellboy's Right Hand of Doom, and made a small cut across HB's nose. Kroenen's blades are shown to be able to cut through a stone statue with one clean stroke. Then there was HB's first fight against Nuada, where Nuada stuck his spear through HB's chest. Though, one could argue that Nuada's spear had magical properties.

It's worth noting that in his second fight with Nuada, his Right Hand was pretty much impervious to damage from Nuada's cleaver. HB was practically using it as a shield.

And Hellboy has bested both Kroenen and Nuada in single combat - both of whom are super-fast sword users ala Blade. Though he did have a little help from Tom Manning against Kroenen.

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HB: READ means STOP.

Blade: *Throws syringes with a roundhouse kick for the last one* - like the 1st movie

HB explodes.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

just ignore the stupid music.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Could go either way I think...slightly leaning towards Blade because of his sword while Hellboy is unarmed.

@chibi_cute if someone is going to make a linkin park music video, why would they not use the old stuff?

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

durability feats for hellboy.

Loading Video...

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chibi_cute

Could go either way I think...slightly leaning towards Blade because of his sword while Hellboy is unarmed.

@chibi_cute if someone is going to make a linkin park music video, why would they not use the old stuff?

they must be newbies.

HB: READ means STOP.

Blade: *Throws syringes with a roundhouse kick for the last one* - like the 1st movie

HB explodes.

don't be stupid those syringes only works on vampires. because those are anti coagulant they are used to treat blood clots

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Even with the Lovefraft-yness the HB movies just didn't catch me. Blade 2 may be my favorite vampire movie, beating out the Underworld series and even the Monster Squad. (80's cinema at it's best...Well It's not Big Trouble in Little China good, but it was a cool movie.)

As for the fight, Blade's blade was pretty sharp. To cleave a man in twain effortlessly it has to be. Maybe he could injure HB. Assuming he can I'd give him majority on speed and skill. If not maybe he can go for eyes and other weak points. I wouldn't expect a majority in that case.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean I've only seen Blade 2, mostly because I've heard it's the best one, and because del Toro was directing. I don't remember much about it though...probably on account of the high fever I had at the time. I should give the trilogy another go one of these days. As for HB: I think the Lovecraftyness was limited to the first one only; the second one was basically full-on European faerie mythology.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellboy

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#29 frozen  Moderator

Hellboy. While Blade is faster and more skilled, Hellboy's much stronger and far too durable.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellboy wins. Stronger, more durable and his hand of doom charges his hands with hellfire

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By leonkarlen123

@frozen: Proof that he is faster and more skilled? i mean combat wise since Hellboy kept up with Prince Nuada who was pretty fast in a sword fight.

Topic: Hellboy wins 8/10 because of his sick durability and the Right hand of doom will mash Blade's face

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rogueshadow  Moderator

With his sword Blade wins.

Without it Hellboy wins because Blade can't put him down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. This would be a good fight.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

I think people underestimate Hellboy's speed, skill and durability against piercing damage.

The only piercing weapon to ever hurt him was Prince Nuada's spear, and that was a magical weapon. Kroenen's blades for example, which cut clean through a stone statue, only gave him a small scratch that was mostly just an annoyance. Also, the Tooth Fairies were completely unable to harm him, and those things could strip off a man's skin and flesh all the way down to the skull in mere seconds. Unless Blade's sword is magical like Nuada's, I don't think It's gonna do Hellboy much harm, maybe annoy him a little like Kroenen did. His Right Hand of Doom is a shield for all intents and purposes though.

His speed is also underrated here. He was able to react to, and catch, Sammael's tongue coming from behind him, and Sammael could launch his tongue with quite a lot of force, punching clean through a large dumpster. Avoiding a speeding train at a second's notice is also a good feat.

As for skill, there's his fight against Nuada (the second one of course, the first doesn't count since Hellboy was stupid-drunk). Nuada has shown pretty high levels of skill, and in their fight Hellboy not only put him on the back foot for a good portion of the fight, but also was the one to draw first blood.

Add to that his strength and his gun, and I think he's at a pretty advantageous point here.