BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@Epicbeast3000 said:

@ImmortalT1000: Odin stalemated Dormammu, he could beat Mephisto and the rest.
Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

@Supermanwithatan01 said:

Odin's greatest enemy is Surtur. Look at it this way. Odin's power is extreme and of a magical nature. He is at most a galaxy buster. The Classic Doctor Strange who was "the most powerful man in the multiverse" according to the Beyonder was horrified of Dormammu. Dormammu's feats obviously outweigh Odin but I try to look at it like this. Marvel for the most part has weigh classes, like in boxing. Every now and then, you can go up a weighclass or 2 and be a baller. Do well. Roy Jones or Pacman or Duran-esque fighters. However for the most part you should be the king of your weight class. Which is why Marvel has a p4p class too (imo there are a few contesting). Dormammu is like middleweight, sometimes light heavy weight, Odin is more of a jr lightweigh or maybe all out a light weight. 2 different weightclasses based on opponents and feats. There's very few all star P4Ps but there
are a few

1. Classic Doctor Strange being the most powreful man in the multiverse is a hyperbole much like Hulk having limitless strength said by the same person, Beyonder. Not to mention Beyonder was drunk.

No. Beyonder wasn't drunk when he made the statement he was drunk when he met Strange who he said could have easily kept him in a small side dimension. The Beyonder was known for metaphors not for hyperbole. Classic Doctor Strange has taken on Marvels most powerful characters and defeated some while standing up against the others. Not Cap'n Merica standing up but outright making a point and even a dent. While I agree that Strange probably wasn't the most powerful man in the Universe, I'd bet you this argument that you couldn't give me 1 more consistently impressive at the time.

2. Which particular feat from Dormammu puts him above Odin, since you are convinced his feats outweigh Odin, specially one done outside his realm and without a polar shift.

Dormammu enslaved Zom himself and fought him with a team. Defeated Eternity. Created beings more powerful than any Asgardian and could even rival Odin whos feats while semi-impressive are on a smaller scale. Dormammu is practically pure magic being. 

3. The rest of Dormammu being a middleweight and Odin being a lightweight, seems like your interpretation and your interpretation only, is there anything to substantiate that.

I clearly said that it's my opinion or the way that I look at it. Consider this. Dormammu has been a universal threat. Odin is not. Dormammu can destroy entire dimensions. Odin can/has not. Dormammu doesn't need to create a short, staff, shield or armor to defend or defeat the same beings like Surter or Frost Giants that Odin does. The level of characters that fear Dormammu, far outweighs characters that even know about Odin.

4.For the record, Surtur > Classic Strange, as far as random encounter is concerned. I have been reading up on classic strange and its funny how most of his feat on comicvine are taken totally out of context.

I didn't say anything about Classic Strange being more powerful in a random encounter. I completely agree with you. I don't believe his feats are necessary taken out of context, but I do think that people give the character more credit and fail to acknowledge the vast amount of prep and artifacts that made him who he was. 

1) What has Odin ever done that is Universal in terms of battle power?

2) Who has Odin ever defeated remotely close to Dormammu's power level?

3) Would Odin defeat Classic Stephen Strange? 

4) Could Surtur?

5) What is the purpose of the "Odin Sleep"?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Killemall

@BigCimmerian said:

So you think Odin wins? :D

Absolutely :)

No. Beyonder wasn't drunk when he made the statement he was drunk when he met Strange who he said could have easily kept him in a small side dimension. The Beyonder was known for metaphors not for hyperbole. Classic Doctor Strange has taken on Marvels most powerful characters and defeated some while standing up against the others. Not Cap'n Merica standing up but outright making a point and even a dent. While I agree that Strange probably wasn't the most powerful man in the Universe, I'd bet you this argument that you couldn't give me 1 more consistently impressive at the time.

Thanks for the correction i thought Beyonder was drunk. That still doesnt change the fact that its a hyperbole (what metaphors are you talking about, i dont remember Beyonder ever using metaphors), after all similar thing was said about Hulk and his physical strength.

Also what "most powerful" character has Dr. Strange beaten, coz Defenders vol 1 is filled with Dr. Strange getting his butt kicked by Thor class villians, consistently. Could you name me some really powerful people Dr. Strange has beaten (hopefully with issue number, coz his feats are pretty much always misreprestented, in a random encounter.

Coz prep feat is involved and if you are saying the underlined part Dr. Doom, Reed Richards and Thanos would love to have a word with you.

Dormammu enslaved Zom himself and fought him with a team. Defeated Eternity. Created beings more powerful than any Asgardian and could even rival Odin whos feats while semi-impressive are on a smaller scale. Dormammu is practically pure magic being.

1. Dormammu vs Zom, has it ever been shown in comics? I dont remember ever seeing that, although bio and second hand sources do refer to that but in a different way, and pretty much every reference i have found seem to put Dormammu and Eternity together, still giving dormammu the credit for sealing his hands. If you have on panel depiction , or issue number when it was shown, by all means put it.

No Caption Provided

2. Dormammu on his own accord has never defeated Eternity, the closest he has come to is blow himself up and his essence banished without Eternity being defeated.

Strange Tales 147

So no point in the fight does Eternity attack Dormammu, he asks Dormammu not to attack him, but Dormammu attacks and both disappear, what happened is left unclear.

Another reference to this fight, when Eternity is freed from Nightmare he says he was captured by Nightmare after his fight with Dormammu

Few issues before this Dr. Strange gets to talk to Eternity in a dream where Eternity says Dormammu could never have beaten him, makes sense to me:

No Caption Provided

Defenders Volume 3, ISsue 02 Eternity recall Dormammu's previous meeting him as dismissiable

No Caption Provided

Bio backing this up:

Marvel Legacy Handbook

No Caption Provided

Note how it talks about Dormammu being defeated but nothing about Eternity being defeated.

Official Marvel Hanbook 2006 - Dormammu's own bio

No Caption Provided

Its pretty clear Eternity > Dormammu, and Dormammu lost .

3. Assuming you are talking about Sattanis, i believe even this one takes place off panel. Likely took place in Dormammu's own dimension making it a hard feat to go by. Furthermore, Odin (together with 2 brother) created an entire "pocket " universe (Asgardia) along with everyone else, hence the title "All Father"

No Caption Provided

Also i would like to see some feat that suggests Satannis > Odin (outside his realm) coz i dont buy that , like at all (will provide feats from Odin below dont worry).

I clearly said that it's my opinion or the way that I look at it. Consider this. Dormammu has been a universal threat. Odin is not. Dormammu can destroy entire dimensions. Odin can/has not. Dormammu doesn't need to create a short, staff, shield or armor to defend or defeat the same beings like Surter or Frost Giants that Odin does. The level of characters that fear Dormammu, far outweighs characters that even know about Odin.

1. Odin has been a multiversal threat while fighting an amped up Seth (pretending to be Set)

Odin vs Seth, shooked all realities.

In fact here Dr. Strange says it could have tore the very fabric of multiverse, thats the power ODin can release.

The person Odin normally dukes out with, Surtur was a multiversal threat quite recently and not only a dimension he was going to "burn" the entire multiverse, (note: via a plot device , channeling his energy through the otherworld)

No Caption Provided

Heck Odin channeled energy enough to "unmake" entire universe with one hand.

Rest stuff about Dormammu not need a staff or else is inconsequential, and i honestly dont give 2 hoots about who fears whom and i dont think thats a good basis of an argument. Its feats, and maybe you can change my mind, till now i havent seen anything that backs your initial claim "Odin wouldn't stand a chance against Dormammu".

I didn't say anything about Classic Strange being more powerful in a random encounter. I completely agree with you. I don't believe his feats are necessary taken out of context, but I do think that people give the character more credit and fail to acknowledge the vast amount of prep and artifacts that made him who he was.

1) What has Odin ever done that is Universal in terms of battle power?

2) Who has Odin ever defeated remotely close to Dormammu's power level?

3) Would Odin defeat Classic Stephen Strange?

4) Could Surtur?

5) What is the purpose of the "Odin Sleep"?

I have frankly seen a lot of Dr. Strange, or Dormammu scans taken out of context, quite often. Dont wanna name anyone at the moment, but i was initially convinced that Dr. Strange was a cosmic heavy weight, untouchable by Thor class. When i had a small debate with ZopZop in KMC, and when he pointed otherwise, i started collecting and reading his appearances and then realize how much their feat are taken out of context. I was shocked to see Dr Strange himself admit Loki is more powerful despite it being Loki's spirit form, which was on panel said to be weak, or his dimension destroying feat (turn out it was a pocket realm of Netherworld, while Netherworld was just fine and has been show many times after that), or him beating Galactus (failing to notice how he has already sapped of all his powers and struggling with Thing), or his fight with InBetweener and so on and so forth.

As per the question.

1. I think i have addressed this part above.

2. An amped up Seth, Serpent, Infinity tapping into a portion of well Infinity's power (first Infinity is a portion of Odin's soul stolen by Hela, and second Infinity is the bonfied abstract), Surtur (i honestly, still believe, outside his realm Surtur is just as potent as Dormammu).

3. In a random encounter, every freakin time. With prep Odin would likely lose, but its been the same for Dormammu as well.

4. In a random encounter, every time.

5. To replinish his energy. We know Odin derives his energy from the world tree (both rune magic and Odin force) but his energy depletes upon use (so clearly he stores a limited amount of energy in him), and when his energy is depleted he has to sleep (i suppose that works more like a laptop on charger).

In 5, everything in () are more of a speculation rather than outright on panel facts.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By laflux

@Killemall said:

Odin wouldn't stand a chance vs Dormammu

I am curious, why not?

Perhaps, but only if Odin was in Dorm's realm.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Killemall

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@Killemall: Actually Thor was only amped in the second time he fought Glory. Redirecting Glory's attack was his doing. When Mikaboshi revived Glory the second time, he made him more powerful. That's when Thor needed, and recieved power from TOAA.

Thor was amped during his first fight with Glory, and finally merged with the spirit in the second round to beat him. TOAA wasnt involved ( i thought it was TOAA as well before referring to relevant bio)

Here are some crops that would put the point forward.

Crop 1:

No Caption Provided

This is immediately after (Crop 2)

No Caption Provided

And here is the explanation from bio

No Caption Provided

Certainly looks amped to me.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Killemall

@laflux said:

Perhaps, but only if Odin was in Dorm's realm.

In Dark Dimension Dormammu should be able to eat Odin for breakfast (disregarding the first Dr. Strange vs Dormammu fight where Dr. Strange was giving his trouble, when many other feats from Dormammu in his realm potray him as a much, much, much higher power house).

Even in netural realm i think Dormammu would win in a close fight, i dont think its one sided as people think.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the people who birthed Odin can become deceased so can Odin. 

See? and yet people do not question this. The Origin of said characters. We know Buri is Odin's grandfather.... But who was Buri's ancestors? It was the Elder Gods, correct? If it were not for Gaea creating Atum, Buri would have NEVER been born and Odin would have not existed. 

Allow me to explain what Buri is and how it affects Odin. 

Buri was a residue of power gathered by the War of the Elder Gods [[[Which SET (he Serpent had started)]]] *Don't confuse Set with Cul aka the Serpent Pantheon of Fear 

Set >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cul by a few billion times

Before Gaea created Atum, a new entity spawned by the evil generated by the war.... That Evil became known as Mephisto. Therefore Mephisto is as old as Set's 1st kill

Mephisto is older than Buri by a few thousand years. 
When Atum was born, he attacked all the evil Elder Gods that Set and Chthon spawned. Atum could not detect Mephisto because Mephisto wasn't a physical being. (Mephisto is Evil Incarnate) As Atum absorbed the Evil Eder Gods, his body changed to the ugliness of that evil and became the Demogorge. After absorbing all the Elder Gods of the War save for Chthon and Set, Demogorge purified the evil from the power he collected and RELEASED IT BACK ON THE EARTH PLANES. Then left to sleep inside the Sun for the next summoning. 

The newly released energy spawned EVERY KNOWN EARTH PANTHEON in existence from Asgard, to Olympus, to Chinese Pantheons, the Japanese, the Egyptians, the Mayans, etc.... 

Buri being one of them which he passed on a life to the generations following up to Odin. 

The entire Yggdrasil and 9 Worlds, Surtur, Frost Giants and Odin are all byproducts of the War of the Elder Gods.

No Caption Provided

And Mephisto being as old as Set's 1st kill.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By New_World_Order

@Killemall: No. I've read in a comic ( can't remember which ) that if Thor gets prayers he will become stronger. That girl was praying to him. That's how he got the "spark", "surge" of power. Lol, not this time Killemall. You ain't debunking this feat ! :)

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By New_World_Order

@Killemall: To your arugement with Dormammu. It has been said that Odin made all the humans. I don't know if this is true, but here is the scans.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Epicbeast3000
@Supermanwithatan01: Classic Dormamu was alot more powerful, but modern dormammu is at Odin's level. They stalemated each other in cosmic chess, which was actually them fighting in a way. Dormmamu in his own realm would win, but so would Odin if he was in asgard. On a place like Earth, they are equal. Dormammu is not as powerful as people think he is. People portray him as a class 1 demon like Chthon or Shuma Gorath.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Killemall

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@Killemall: To your arugement with Dormammu. It has been said that Odin made all the humans. I don't know if this is true, but here is the scans.

Thanks, i remember someone was having a heated debate about existence of this scan.

@Pyrogram:I cant remember with whom but you were nearly fighting with someone for the existence of this scan, here they are, hope this helps :)

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I am a little unsure to why being Old would change the power level, also Mephisto orgin has been tied to infinity being now, who created Mephisto and many being like him, as the infinity being lacked the sense of good and bad, and after the creation destroyed/ kill most of them but Mephisto escaped. It is clearly stated in Infinity Gauntlet series and backed by 2006 Bio of Mephisto.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By New_World_Order

@Killemallsaid:

No problem.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: Sorry I was very ill and didn't get back on for a week or so. Anywho I believe 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning debunked your post. 

It was a great post but nonetheless. Dormammu's creations rival Odin. Dormammu is living magic. Odin needs an Odinsleep so he can even matter to the galaxy. Dormammu's far more powerful. He's out of Odins league.  

@Epicbeast3000 said:
@Supermanwithatan01: Classic Dormamu was alot more powerful, but modern dormammu is at Odin's level. They stalemated each other in cosmic chess, which was actually them fighting in a way. Dormmamu in his own realm would win, but so would Odin if he was in asgard. On a place like Earth, they are equal. Dormammu is not as powerful as people think he is. People portray him as a class 1 demon like Chthon or Shuma Gorath.
I'm well aware of Dormammus powerset. Dormammu's power has mattered to the Universe and is a singular character. Odin, however, does not. I agree with you saying he was more powerful, but just because he isn't written often at all doesn't mean he's taken a dive in power.

As to this battle. Hell Lords win. Too many heavy hitters.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Killemall

@Killemall: Sorry I was very ill and didn't get back on for a week or so. Anywho I believe 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning debunked your post.

Where and when did 7am debunk my post? How the hell do you debunk a clear scan, backed by future issues and a clear bio?

It was a great post but nonetheless. Dormammu's creations rival Odin.

Based on what ?

Odin needs an Odinsleep so he can even matter to the galaxy. Dormammu's far more powerful. He's out of Odins league.

Not sure how any of these have anything to do with it. Just saying Dormammu is out of Odin's league doesnt matter, if you can't substantiate your claim.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers