Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman
@AllStarSuperman said:

Superman beats sentry

H'el owns superman .

H'el completely owns sentry

This not sure about when you bring void into it though.
FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FiMFTW

If Sentry has void (Which he probably does since it's no morals) then it's an epic curbstomp, if not then I don't know.

@AllStarSuperman said:

Superman beats sentry

When did that happen? o.0

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

@FiMFTW: @Dernman: Okay morals on superman wins

Even sentry with void I don't think he takes a moral less superman. I could be wrong what all does void do and what feats does he have with it?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dondave

@AllStarSuperman: Void cant die if he odesn't want to

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

@dondave said:

@AllStarSuperman: Void cant die if he odesn't want to

Well superman doesn't really die under a yelloe sun

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xeon1cs

Didn't H'el appear on like...5 pages? Where are all of these threads coming from.

Regardless, it's impossible for Sentry to lose under these conditions.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yung ANcient One
@xeon1cs: H'el is kind of like a Big Deal, and Bada$$ too(+)
xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xeon1cs

@Yung ANcient One said:

@xeon1cs: H'el is kind of like a Big Deal, and Bada$$ too(+)

He hasn't even done anything to put him anywhere near the level of a Morals Off Sentry though, has he? Did I miss something?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

Sentry curbstomps:

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xeon1cs

@evilvegeta74: Please use the superior Sentry vs Ares picture:

No Caption Provided

The power to create bacon.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yung ANcient One
@xeon1cs:  I was referring more to the "where are all these threads coming from"... but I do agree
 Sentry wins(+)
GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By GunGunW

Well if Sentry doesn't have Void he gets wrecked. I don't like H'el but...

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SPM1M

sentry without void lol its a mismatch as He'l has shown more than enough to one shot sentry

sentry with void ill hold my opinion until i see more of He'l next week as of now its a toss up

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xeon1cs

@SPM1M: Can you post a scan or something of H'el showing the ability to one-shot someone who has gone toe-to-toe with WWHulk, trading blow for blow?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Saren

@xeon1cs: H'el's beaten up Superman, Supergirl and Superboy with ease so far. He's not entirely featless, but I don't think he has enough feats for there to be so many threads around him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@xeon1cs: LOL

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bo88gdan

Sentry wins

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SPM1M

@xeon1cs said:

@SPM1M: Can you post a scan or something of H'el showing the ability to one-shot someone who has gone toe-to-toe with WWHulk, trading blow for blow?

well lets see new 52 supes without a doubt is extremely powerful right thanks to lobdel he is ftl and has done the bench press of the planet for five days thing right? Hel has beaten and i mean curbstompped supes twice, second time while he was together with superboy who is not a pushover either not to mention beating kara with ease as well. This alone is enough, as for sentry goin toe to toe with WWH is irrelevant as WWH would not last against most kryptonians

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xeon1cs

@SPM1M said:

@xeon1cs said:

well lets see new 52 supes without a doubt is extremely powerful right thanks to lobdel he is ftl and has done the bench press of the planet for five days thing right? Hel has beaten and i mean curbstompped supes twice, second time while he was together with superboy who is not a pushover either not to mention beating kara with ease as well. This alone is enough, as for sentry goin toe to toe with WWH is irrelevant as WWH would not last against most kryptonians

New 52 Superman has abysmal durability. People are just wanking this Benchpress and Pluto to Earth feats. Yes they're impressive. However he still literally gets his shit kicked in every issue. Even the same issue where he did the benchpress, he was getting wrecked by that dragon. And travel speed is not combat speed.

New 52 Superman is a Silver Age jobber.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SPM1M

@xeon1cs said:

@SPM1M said:

@xeon1cs said:

New 52 Superman has abysmal durability. People are just wanking this Benchpress and Pluto to Earth feats. Yes they're impressive. However he still literally gets his shit kicked in every issue. Even the same issue where he did the benchpress, he was getting wrecked by that dragon. And travel speed is not combat speed.

New 52 Superman is a Silver Age jobber.

all i stated was the new 52 supes was powerful, which he is although he lacks durability feats, yes he has been beaten repeatedly but by very strong opponents like Helspont, He'l and that dragon(which was a kryptonian dragon) and yes his FTL feat is travel speed but even so I believe New supes would still beat sentry(without void) and seeing how He'l is to superman what a grown man is to a boy He'l should have no trouble with sentry(without void) wat so ever. I mean wat has sentry done that puts him above new supes? New supes is already stronger, faster, more durable(debatable), smarter than sentry, who has been knocked out by blue marvel, beaten by hulk(although PIS), had trouble lifting a helicarrier, etc.

cmyers1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cmyers1980

Sentry

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By evilvegeta74

Fey:

This freak will kill H'el, as you can see in the above pics.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Saren

I wouldn't say DCnU Superman has abysmal durability. So far he's been hurt by Hal Jordan, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel and Cheetah among others in the JL book, but these are people who have traditionally always been strong enough to hurt Superman. And most of them haven't done much other than make him bleed a little. Hal made Supes bleed with one hit, but he spent the rest of the fight getting smacked around like a helpless child and at one point even screamed to Flash that Superman was going to kill him. Diana made him bleed with a kick, but he didn't even want to fight her and he got up right after that without any difficulty. Batson made him bleed with a punch in a preview, but what happened after that hasn't been revealed yet. Same goes for the Martian Manhunter vs Justice League fight that'll be delved into come February-March. And like I said, they're people who have traditionally always been strong enough to hurt Superman. Cheetah bit through Superman's skin, but considering that in the issue that followed, Cheetah's ability to harm someone as tough as Superman was considered proof of how strong she was, I wouldn't call it a low showing. It was the typical writer's trick of selling a villain by showing them taking on the biggest gun around and succeeding. Marvel sold Anti-Man as a powerful villain by having him beat the living daylights out of Sentry in the Blue Marvel mini. It happens. People like Darkseid and Helspont have run a train on Supes, but that's to be expected considering their status. H'el was designed to be more powerful than Superman in every way (IIRC there was an interview with Lobdell where he said H'el was "more powerful than Superman, smarter than Supergirl, and more lethal than Superboy"), so it's hardly surprising that Kal has been portrayed as completely ineffectivel against him. The dude just lacks durability showings that are as impressive as his Lobdell-fueled strength and speed have been. He has a few decent ones (the tesseract in the brain and the 10 gigawatt current from Morrison's AC run) but not enough.

@evilvegeta74: I don't understand how any of those pictures indicate Sentry would kill H'el? Morgana le Fay, Carnage and Ares? Those are all people Superman could kill with one punch, let alone H'el.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By SoA

H'el is a reality warper , i haven't seen void do anything but become a big monster

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By evilvegeta74

@CitizenBane:

So basically you're saying in a year or so H'el and Helspont will be pushovers, like Bane ended up being and even Doomsday? Because I am, and regardless of what has happened, I hadn't mentioned that the Sentry defeated Moleculeman and you're fully aware of what he can do, just ask the Beyonder. I have the Blue Marvel series in the closet and I'm aware of the events. I stand firm by what I said about the Sentry, and can you show me a scan where Superman rips out the spinal column of not just any God, but the God of War. H'el doesn't stand a chance aqgainst the Sentry. What amazes me more and don't take this the wrong way is that Superman fanboyism is stronger than ever, it's also ridiculous. It's absurd to think that every character that defeats Supes can just do impossible things over at Marvel Universe, it doesn't work that way.The Sentry would mutilate that shape shifter or whatever he is. And it's the same case for Bat fanboyism.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sylvain

H'el

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Saren

@evilvegeta74 said:

@CitizenBane:

So basically you're saying in a year or so H'el and Helspont will be pushovers, like Bane ended up being and even Doomsday? Because I am, and regardless of what has happened, I hadn't mentioned that the Sentry defeated Moleculeman and you're fully aware of what he can do, just ask the Beyonder. I have the Blue Marvel series in the closet and I'm aware of the events. I stand firm by what I said about the Sentry, and can you show me a scan where Superman rips out the spinal column of not just any God, but the God of War. H'el doesn't stand a chance aqgainst the Sentry. What amazes me more and don't take this the wrong way is that Superman fanboyism is stronger than ever, it's also ridiculous. It's absurd to think that every character that defeats Supes can just do impossible things over at Marvel Universe, it doesn't work that way.The Sentry would mutilate that shape shifter or whatever he is. And it's the same case for Bat fanboyism.

.......what?

Seriously, most of this is just a vapid rant with little to no real meaning. I never said H'el or Helspont would be pushovers. If you think so, more power to you, I suppose. Sentry didn't beat Molecule Man, Void did, and as for that "ask the Beyonder" part, are you serious? You realize that Molecule Man is no longer anywhere near as powerful as he was when he fought the Beyonder, right? That he's gone through about three retcons that changed not only his life story but the scale of his powers? And that Sentry fought a version of Molecule Man who couldn't break out of the Raft (the Molecule Man that fought Beyonder would laugh at that place) and had trouble with Daken's healing factor (which again, pre-retcon Molecule Man would laugh at)? Ares does not have a single feat that places him on even Thing's level of strength, forget about Superman. He's a useless Class 75 brick who's been roflstomped by Rulk and humiliated by Valkyrie Moonstar. He's nobody, and you think Sentry killing him is impressive because "he's a god"? Get real. Feats matter, not arbitrary titles and statuses. It amazes me that you can rant about fanboyism so fervently and yet produce a shoddy argument filled with inaccuracies that doesn't have a leg to stand on. I mean, seriously......"Ares is a god, THE GOD OF WAR, and Sentry beat him, so Sentry > Superman!"? I'd like to say that's the worst argument I've ever seen on the Vine, but I've seen worse.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By evilvegeta74

@CitizenBane: I f you say it's a rant thats your opinion. To say that the void defeated Molecule Man is the equivilant of saying one of Legion's many personalities defeated one of his enemies instead of Legion. Ultimately different personality same body in Bobs case and Legion, that being said lets move on. We both know over the past decade and a half that there is some sort of plague or parsite, perhaps Dc sent mr mind to corrupt marvels most powerful characters, Thor is a prime example, he's been a beat up dummy slash ragdoll lately.It pains me to say this about Thor because he is my favorite character in all of comics. That whole Avx was pathetic. I can't begin to defend against what you have stated, but while all of facts may be true you have to admit that the Sentry' s feats were absolutely outstanding, we haven't witnessed anything in years prior, or since by a single being. The Sentry is a true wild card in the sense of perhaps but not quite like the Joker in DC. If you tell the Sentry to stop H'el, there's no gurantee how he may go about it, I'm confident that he could. I sure you agree with some of this, no doubt.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Saren

@evilvegeta74 said:

I f you say it's a rant thats your opinion. To say that the void defeated Molecule Man is the equivilant of saying one of Legion's many personalities defeated one of his enemies instead of Legion. Ultimately different personality same body in Bobs case and Legion, that being said lets move on. We both know over the past decade and a half that there is some sort of plague or parsite, perhaps Dc sent mr mind to corrupt marvels most powerful characters, Thor is a prime example, he's been a beat up dummy slash ragdoll lately.It pains me to say this about Thor because he is my favorite character in all of comics. That whole Avx was pathetic. I can't begin to defend against what you have stated, but while all of facts may be true you have to admit that the Sentry' s feats were absolutely outstanding, we haven't witnessed anything in years prior, or since by a single being. The Sentry is a true wild card in the sense of perhaps but not quite like the Joker in DC. If you tell the Sentry to stop H'el, there's no gurantee how he may go about it, I'm confident that he could. I sure you agree with some of this, no doubt.

The difference being that Legion's personalities are psychic constructs created by his mutation. They're all products of his own power. The Void is not, it's a separate being as evidenced by the fact that it is still alive inside Cyclops' mind while Sentry is deader than disco (and has been confirmed as such by Marvel editor Tom Brevoort).

I don't even know what to say about the rest of the stuff you wrote.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

Good ole CB, kickin ass and taking usernames

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By entropy_aegis

@evilvegeta74 said:

@CitizenBane:

Neither Bane nor Doomsday ended up becoming pushovers,Doomsday became even more powerful so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

It is possible though,Hush is an example.But I dont think the same is gonna happen with H'el,Lobdell is prolly gonna stay on Superman long enough to make H'el matter.

The rest is just gibberish.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xeon1cs

I'm just saying...a morals off Sentry would be Void by default, would he not?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pokergeist

@SoA said:

H'el is a reality warper , i haven't seen void do anything but become a big monster

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sentry gets blown up by Molecule Man twice and then reforms everytime. He then Blows up MM and forms life in his hands.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Little more than a Big Monster. This is not including his Astral and Telepathy vs Dr. Strange or how he made EVERYONE forget his existence (Professor X, Dr. Strange, other A class Telepaths)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or breaks the Herald of Galactus Cosmic Ax that cuts worlds in half.

More than become a mere monster....

Anyway Sentry wins.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jackofspades

@SPM1M said:

@xeon1cs said:

only in your mind WWH is irrelevant when he beat most of marvel down STOP THE HATE

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jackofspades

@CadenceV2 said:

@SoA said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sentry gets blown up by Molecule Man twice and then reforms everytime. He then Blows up MM and forms life in his hands.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Little more than a Big Monster. This is not including his Astral and Telepathy vs Dr. Strange or how he made EVERYONE forget his existence (Professor X, Dr. Strange, other A class Telepaths)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or breaks the Herald of Galactus Cosmic Ax that cuts worlds in half.

More than become a mere monster....

Anyway Sentry wins.

THIS BIG TIME

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Needlebay

H'el.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Saren

Sentry has no telepathy feats in combat whatsoever (apart from the one with the Super-Adaptoid but there's context there) and he broke Terrax' ax by the handle, not the blade, and the blade is what cuts planets in half. For that matter Terrax' feat of slicing a planet in half took place a couple of years after his fight with Sentry, and that's not even getting into the fact that he's a hopeless jobber. It's not like Sue Storm or Iron Man would beat H'el because they've both been hit with that ax (in Sue's case, her forcefield) and then gone on to defeat Terrax.

Also Sentry's feat of mindwiping the planet has two different interpretations: first that he did so because Reed built a machine that let him (from Marvel Knights: The Sentry), and the second because Mastermind was in his head manipulating his powers (from Bendis' New Avengers). Pick whichever version you prefer, but in both cases he didn't do it alone.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SPM1M

@jackofspades said:

@SPM1M said:

@xeon1cs said:

only in your mind WWH is irrelevant when he beat most of marvel down STOP THE HATE

he is completely irrelevant both to this thread and as an example to why sentry would win, hulk is no where near most kryptonians in power maybe strength but even then its a long shot and its not hate as i like the hulk and have many of his graphic novels i just know the difference in feats, Most superman feats>>>>>>>>>> hulk feats........ now back to the topic

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pokergeist

@CitizenBane: The Telepathy is quite noticable as he used it more than a few times. I pick New avengers as Bendis created him and Emma was the one to discover it. Master Mind has no way in helping Sentry in this feat. All he did was help MAKE Sentry perform the feat. It was all sentry's powers when read in context.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Adaptoid fight.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Where did Mastermind help him at all pull this off? He only force Sentry to much like he force Phoenix into thinking she was in love with him years ago.

Second Terrax is still a herald of Galactus. Firelord is a bit of a jobber (KO by Spidey... really?) and F4 have beaten Shuma Gorath (Impossible) and Blackheart (when BH was Hell Lord Impossible again!) so using the PIS of the low power F4 taking on threats way beyond them is not that good. Terrax a Jobber? Yes he is to other High Tier beings, Beings like Morg (another Herald), SS, and other High tier beings Terrax Jobs.

Also Terrax was beaten by F4 as Tyros (had NO Cosmic Power) and was beaten as Terrax thanks to being Depowered. Then he was beaten again by F4 when he possess a mere small fraction of his Cosmic power by Doctor Doom.

Either way those are 3 showings vs F4 where Terrax was not jobbing but suffered from Plot!

Also your reasoning of breaking it at the haft seems odd thing to point out when the entire weapon is Cosmic empowered. You wouldnt expect SS Surfboard to snap at all in the middle cause that would be the weakest stress point!!! That Ax haft has never been broken before and why would Sentry break the blade when breaking the haft is all that is needed?

Also most Heralds can break Planets to begin with and Terrax doing so later showed no sign of any power upgrade at all. Not like his days as Terrax the tamer. These feats should not be dismiss easily.

Another Impressive showing is vs the sum collection of Mutant Powers under the control of Xorn from M-Day. The Collective.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And this is a weaker Base Sentry vs the sum total of House of M Powers including Xorn, Magneto, Quicksilver, and many many others.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Saren

@CadenceV2:

I pick New avengers as Bendis created him and Emma was the one to discover it

Sentry was not created by Bendis. Sentry was created by Paul Jenkins about half a decade before Bendis started using him in his Avengers books. If your rationale is that Bendis' version should be the accepted one because he created Sentry, then not only are you wrong, but you're saying Jenkins' version is the one that should be accepted because he's the one who actually created Sentry. So which is it?

And this is Jenkins' version of events, in case you haven't seen it: A transmitter built by Reed and fueled by a version of the Sentry serum emits a signal that makes everyone on Earth forget who the Sentry is or that he even existed at all, but when Bob switches it off everyone remembers again.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Master Mind has no way in helping Sentry in this feat. All he did was help MAKE Sentry perform the feat.

Mastermind manipulated Sentry into performing the feat by entering his mind and directing the use of his powers. He himself said that he could make Sentry see, feel and smell anything he wanted to. Mastermind is an experienced psychic, Sentry is not. The fact that Sentry does not have a single impressive telepathy feat performed without a third party's involvement would suggest that Mastermind's experience with the application of psychic power almost certainly played some role in the feat.

Second Terrax is still a herald of Galactus.

No offense, but why do people say stuff like this? Why are these arbitrary titles and statuses thrown around like they're supposed to mean something in lieu of feats that actually do mean something? The argument "X is a herald of Galactus, so defeating X is impressive because X is a herald of Galactus" makes as much sense as that previous claim that slaughtering Ares is an incredibly impressive feat for Sentry because "Ares is a god, the god of war". Who cares what titles they go by?

Firelord is a bit of a jobber (KO by Spidey... really?)

That's pretty much Pyreus Kril's only really low showing. He's had several good fights with the Surfer and Thor since then. He doesn't have the record of jobbing that Terrax does.

F4 have beaten Shuma Gorath (Impossible)

The Four didn't beat Shuma, Strange did, and that was by fighting Shuma in Stonehenge, which is supposed to be the one place on Earth where he's vulnerable. Some kind of mystical significance that's attached to the place or something. Context applies. For that matter the Invaders beat Shuma too, but again by using one of his weaknesses against him (the Spear of Destiny).

and Blackheart (when BH was Hell Lord Impossible again!)

Context......

so using the PIS of the low power F4 taking on threats way beyond them is not that good.

None of that is PIS. The Four aren't beating the crap out of Shuma and Blackheart with their bare hands or anything like it. They're using plot devices and prep and what not; things designed to help them get the better of opponents more powerful than them. It's what they do. The Four didn't have prep against Terrax, and I can remember at least one instance (I'll have to check the exact issue number) where they beat him when he wasn't depowered; Terrax hit Sue's forcefield with his ax and it bounced off, and then Ben KO'd him after a long fight.

Terrax a Jobber? Yes he is to other High Tier beings, Beings like Morg (another Herald), SS, and other High tier beings Terrax Jobs.

That is not jobbing. Morg and the Surfer have always been more powerful than Terrax. Losing to them isn't considered jobbing. Avengers Annual #16, Terrax gets KO'd by an outdated Iron Man armor (the Silver Centurion, if memory serves). That is jobbing. Or the times Ganymede and Gamora have beaten him up.

The Adaptoid fight.

Again, observe the context. Yelena absorbed Sentry's powers and the Void is a part and parcel of Sentry's powerset. Thus he awoke the Void inside her mind because they shared the same powers at that point. Unless you have Sentry's powers, you do not have a Void inside your mind (or your name is Scott Summers), so what Sentry did there isn't applicable everywhere. Plus the Adaptoid at that point still had the mind of the second Black Widow. A normal human's mind.

Also your reasoning of breaking it at the haft seems odd thing to point out when the entire weapon is Cosmic empowered.

It's empowered by the will of its Power Cosmic-empowered wielder. If it's just standing still and Colossus picks it up, I doubt he'd be able to slice a planet in half with it. Given that Terrax has hit several characters with his ax and most of them were not sliced in half, it's likely that he decides how sharp the ax can be (that or everyone he's ever hit has durability greater than a planet, which is absurd).

You wouldnt expect SS Surfboard to snap at all in the middle cause that would be the weakest stress point!!!

I'm not talking about stress points. I'm saying the blade sliced a planet in half. The haft just supported it.

That Ax haft has never been broken before

Morg has broken it.

why would Sentry break the blade when breaking the haft is all that is needed?

I doubt Sentry was debating the merits and demerits of breaking the haft vs breaking the blade in that fight. He just caught the part of the weapon that was at his level while Terrax was swinging it and broke that part.

Also most Heralds can break Planets to begin with

Really? I've only seen about 4 or 5 Heralds actually destroy planets.

Another Impressive showing is vs the sum collection of Mutant Powers under the control of Xorn from M-Day. The Collective.

.....so what? The Collective's only feats are slaughtering Alpha Flight and beating up Binary. Most of the powerful mutants never even lost their powers during M-Day. Scarlet Witch, Proteus, Legion, Franklin Richards, Mr. M, X-Man and so on all had their powers. It's funny that the Collective is attacking Binary with Iceman's powers in one panel though, given that Iceman never lost his powers on M-Day. Come on, Bendis.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By Deranged Midget

H'el is still basically featless aside from making a fool of Kal in a single panel and knocking him and Connor around without effort. Another battle where it can't be properly gauged or a conclusion reached due to one character severely outnumbering the other in regards to feats.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By laflux

@Deranged Midget said:

H'el is still basically featless aside from making a fool of Kal in a single panel and knocking him and Connor around without effort. Another battle where it can't be properly gauged or a conclusion reached due to one character severely outnumbering the other in regards to feats.

^_^

I dunno, what's with the all the H'el threads.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By Deranged Midget

@laflux: Ha, he's like the new toy in town! Everyone wants to their turn to play with him :P And just a wild guess, it's probably because he smacked Kal around in a single page.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pokergeist

@CitizenBane: Wow... I never heard of Sentry and what I research it seem his first appearance was New Avengers. Good to know now.

Mastermind manipulated Sentry into performing the feat by entering his mind and directing the use of his powers. He himself said that he could make Sentry see, feel and smell anything he wanted to. Mastermind is an experienced psychic, Sentry is not. The fact that Sentry does not have a single impressive telepathy feat performed without a third party's involvement would suggest that Mastermind's experience with the application of psychic power almost certainly played some role in the feat.

Thats like saying tho that Master Mind makes Prof. X perform a feat against his will is Prof. X being amped or something. Again Emma believed he was a Psychic and the fact his powers worked that way played a role. Emma herself couldn't repair Sentries mind without his allowing it.

As for the Adaptoid then maybe he cant affect others with his powers willingly rather his Psy is Inward.

Dr. Strange as I posted earlier is a very accomplish Astral Plane and TP himself was unable to mentally subdue Sentry at all.

No offense, but why do people say stuff like this? Why are these arbitrary titles and statuses thrown around like they're supposed to mean something in lieu of feats that actually do mean something? The argument "X is a herald of Galactus, so defeating X is impressive because X is a herald of Galactus" makes as much sense as that previous claim that slaughtering Ares is an incredibly impressive feat for Sentry because "Ares is a god, the god of war". Who cares what titles they go by?

Why do people see anyone who is a Kryptonian or Daximite vs anyone Aquaman or lower in level say Kryptonian / Daximite win easy?

Its a label that really distinguishes a level. Example no Herald would be beaten by a street leveler or even Mid Tier. Ever. Power Cosmic is a big deal.

That's pretty much Pyreus Kril's only really low showing. He's had several good fights with the Surfer and Thor since then. He doesn't have the record of jobbing that Terrax does.

Fair enough.

The Four didn't beat Shuma, Strange did, and that was by fighting Shuma in Stonehenge, which is supposed to be the one place on Earth where he's vulnerable. Some kind of mystical significance that's attached to the place or something. Context applies. For that matter the Invaders beat Shuma too, but again by using one of his weaknesses against him (the Spear of Destiny).

For someone above Dormammu at his peak its a low showing regardless.

Context......

Its all BS. BH should have killed them 10 times over along with the Hellfire Club at his disposal but Plot demanded the F4 hold out till Son of Satan arrived and helped win the day. All BS.

Should have died here really.

Vs F4 but win due to WIS and PIS. Heros have to win against all odds.......

None of that is PIS. The Four aren't beating the crap out of Shuma and Blackheart with their bare hands or anything like it. They're using plot devices and prep and what not; things designed to help them get the better of opponents more powerful than them. It's what they do. The Four didn't have prep against Terrax, and I can remember at least one instance (I'll have to check the exact issue number) where they beat him when he wasn't depowered; Terrax hit Sue's forcefield with his ax and it bounced off, and then Ben KO'd him after a long fight.

Fair enough.

That is not jobbing. Morg and the Surfer have always been more powerful than Terrax. Losing to them isn't considered jobbing. Avengers Annual #16, Terrax gets KO'd by an outdated Iron Man armor (the Silver Centurion, if memory serves). That is jobbing. Or the times Ganymede and Gamora have beaten him up.

Iron Man in older armour is lame writing at best. Newer armour maybe. But its whatever. Terrax Jobs yet give good fights to Morg and Surfer.

It's empowered by the will of its Power Cosmic-empowered wielder. If it's just standing still and Colossus picks it up, I doubt he'd be able to slice a planet in half with it. Given that Terrax has hit several characters with his ax and most of them were not sliced in half, it's likely that he decides how sharp the ax can be (that or everyone he's ever hit has durability greater than a planet, which is absurd).

Same reason why its bad writing that Terrax should lose at all to lower tier guys.

I'm not talking about stress points. I'm saying the blade sliced a planet in half. The haft just supported it.

The Haft has never been stated as more brittle than the Blade. Thats my point.

Morg has broken it.

Ah yes he has and he too is on par with Silver Surfer back then. Not a low showing at all.

I doubt Sentry was debating the merits and demerits of breaking the haft vs breaking the blade in that fight. He just caught the part of the weapon that was at his level while Terrax was swinging it and broke that part.

Really? I've only seen about 4 or 5 Heralds actually destroy planets.

Yeah that is alot of the Heralds. then add most Heralds have match others showing they can take said Planet Busters and hurt them in turn. Red Shift, Air Walker, or Nova might not break Planets but Surfer, Morg, Terrax, Fallen One, and Stardust surly can.

.....so what? The Collective's only feats are slaughtering Alpha Flight and beating up Binary. Most of the powerful mutants never even lost their powers during M-Day. Scarlet Witch, Proteus, Legion, Franklin Richards, Mr. M, X-Man and so on all had their powers. It's funny that the Collective is attacking Binary with Iceman's powers in one panel though, given that Iceman never lost his powers on M-Day. Come on, Bendis.

Alpha Flight is meh... Collective was on instinct at the time. Binary is very impressive as Binary is extremely High Tier being. Actually I belive (I did research on some of the mutants he was shown made up) and had 2 distinct Ice Mutant powers :)

I have to go back but the Power of Magneto, Black Tom, Hybrid, Xavier, Moonstar, Polaris, Unus, and Both Xorns are pretty up there. Add in all the secondary like Blob, Quicksilver, Wild Child, ect ect and you get what can be a near unstoppable foe. He has the combine strength of all Mutants with Super Strength and added Durability all all mutants with Durability.

He was a beast that only Sentry basic could match.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jackofspades

@SPM1M said:

@jackofspades said:

@SPM1M said:

@xeon1cs said:

he is completely irrelevant both to this thread and as an example to why sentry would win, hulk is no where near most kryptonians in power maybe strength but even then its a long shot and its not hate as i like the hulk and have many of his graphic novels i just know the difference in feats, Most superman feats>>>>>>>>>> hulk feats........ now back to the topic

that is pure hulk hate to say that its irrelevant when the guy said that sentry went toe to toe with a hulk who could crush a planet just by walking on it,you are a hater in its purest form NOW BACK TO TOPIC

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Opinions are facts now, apparently.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

@Illuminatus said:

Opinions are facts now, apparently.

didn't you get the memo? lol

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SPM1M

@jackofspades said:

@SPM1M said:

@jackofspades said:

@SPM1M said:

@xeon1cs said:

that is pure hulk hate to say that its irrelevant when the guy said that sentry went toe to toe with a hulk who could crush a planet just by walking on it,you are a hater in its purest form NOW BACK TO TOPIC

I know i should ignore u since you bring no good reasons why sentry would win other than goin toe to toe with WWH but go ahead make my day tell why its such a big deal to go toe to toe with WWH tell why that would put sentry above He'l