• 163 results
Avenger1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Avenger1028

What does THIS mean? "Don't forget to use your common sense and knowledge, which should always prevail overy the absurdities of comic battles :-)"....ROFL OMG!!! First, common sense? knowledge? over COMIC BOOKS?? My friends, these ARE comic books!! How can we use "common sense" and call comic book battles absurd when talking about comic books themselves!! Are you all serious?? You all sound like those Star Wars fans discussing and saying that Georde Lucas is WRONG regarding Star Wars issues. Are you serious? George? Creator of Star Wars? and people know more about it than himself??

As the argument at hand. No one should be commenting on this post if you're not old enough to remember He-Man. Second, though comic books are indeed written for marketting purposes at times. It's a FACT that in a comic book Superman did fight He-Man and he said he COULD die. Don't get all technical and say that what's on the cover isn't what happens inside and blah blah blah. Superman said it, whether on the cover or not, or are we going to also get technical and say that the cover happens in another universe?? He did say he COULD die, end of discussion. Second; Superman does have more abilities than He-Man, so indeed, he may win if he fought He-man.
But we can't know for sure, common sense, as you all know, isn't always as "common" (I know this from my psychological background). However, if we are going to talk about raw strength, then I'm sorry to tell all Supes fans, He-man is stronger than Superman. Once again, Supes may beat He-Man using some of his other abilities to beat He-Man, but if strength alone would be used, He-Man would come up with the victory. Also, BULLETS can't destroy Superman's costume, silver age Superman specifically showed many instances that proves that. Yet the Sword of Power DID cut his costume, it's quite possible that it could also cut his skin, and make Superman bleed. Finally, we should NEVER forget that our current Superman entrusted Batman with a piece of Kryptonite in case he ever went out of control and needed someone to stop him. The comic book creator and writers, the people that MAKE the storyline, believed that a regular human (though Batman is my fav. superhero) such as Batman was qualified to take on Superman. It wasn't entrusted to Wonder Woman, nor G.L, but Batman. One can only wonder what He-Man would be capable of doing then.

We can't argue these things from a "common sense" alone. In that case Super Saiyan Goku 4 would eat Superman for breakfast. Judging Goku's speed in traveling from planet to planet in less than a second, his ability to also dodge bullets and not get hurt by them. And to destroy a PLANET with a single Kamehame Wave, we could conclude that Goku could take on 10 Supermen. But we don't have any literacy neither by DC or Shueisha that'd show an official confrontation....we do, however, with Superman and He-Man.

The 502 Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By The 502 Kid

Superman wins this fight

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By oldmagic
Avenger1028 said:
"What does THIS mean? "Don't forget to use your common sense and knowledge, which should always prevail overy the absurdities of comic battles :-)"....ROFL OMG!!! First, common sense? knowledge? over COMIC BOOKS?? My friends, these ARE comic books!! How can we use "common sense" and call comic book battles absurd when talking about comic books themselves!! Are you all serious?? You all sound like those Star Wars fans discussing and saying that Georde Lucas is WRONG regarding Star Wars issues. Are you serious? George? Creator of Star Wars? and people know more about it than himself??

As the argument at hand. No one should be commenting on this post if you're not old enough to remember He-Man. Second, though comic books are indeed written for marketting purposes at times. It's a FACT that in a comic book Superman did fight He-Man and he said he COULD die. Don't get all technical and say that what's on the cover isn't what happens inside and blah blah blah. Superman said it, whether on the cover or not, or are we going to also get technical and say that the cover happens in another universe?? He did say he COULD die, end of discussion. Second; Superman does have more abilities than He-Man, so indeed, he may win if he fought He-man.
But we can't know for sure, common sense, as you all know, isn't always as "common" (I know this from my psychological background). However, if we are going to talk about raw strength, then I'm sorry to tell all Supes fans, He-man is stronger than Superman. Once again, Supes may beat He-Man using some of his other abilities to beat He-Man, but if strength alone would be used, He-Man would come up with the victory. Also, BULLETS can't destroy Superman's costume, silver age Superman specifically showed many instances that proves that. Yet the Sword of Power DID cut his costume, it's quite possible that it could also cut his skin, and make Superman bleed. Finally, we should NEVER forget that our current Superman entrusted Batman with a piece of Kryptonite in case he ever went out of control and needed someone to stop him. The comic book creator and writers, the people that MAKE the storyline, believed that a regular human (though Batman is my fav. superhero) such as Batman was qualified to take on Superman. It wasn't entrusted to Wonder Woman, nor G.L, but Batman. One can only wonder what He-Man would be capable of doing then.

We can't argue these things from a "common sense" alone. In that case Super Saiyan Goku 4 would eat Superman for breakfast. Judging Goku's speed in traveling from planet to planet in less than a second, his ability to also dodge bullets and not get hurt by them. And to destroy a PLANET with a single Kamehame Wave, we could conclude that Goku could take on 10 Supermen. But we don't have any literacy neither by DC or Shueisha that'd show an official confrontation....we do, however, with Superman and He-Man."
good post about the technical part. It's annoying when people disregard things even when it was said from comic or otherwise. 
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Nighthunter

Superman

can't he just freeze He-man and end the thing?

caption
caption
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By oldmagic
Nighthunter said:
"Superman

caption
caption
"
Just goes to show you, why he doesn't do that to others.....-_-
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By warlock360
Apparition said:
"Billy said:
"Gambler said:
"Superman doesn't have the same weakness to magic that he use to. All of Superman's fights are made to be interesting otherwise they'd be over in one panel and no one would waste their money. All I saw Superman use in that fight was a weak attempted Speed Blitz. No Heat Vision, no real attempt at utilizing any skill whatsoever. Can He-Man fly? Not that I know off. Superman could have stayed up in the clouds and melted him without even wasting his time in a hand to hand confrontation."
he did that to skeletor and skeletor wasnt effected, ill put up a scan as soon as i can upload again"

its like you werent listening to a thing i said."
Do i ever?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By King_Saturn
Nighthunter said:
"Superman

caption
caption
"
Of Course He Could... Nice Scan NH
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

He-Man is a Master Of The Universe...

• He is able to blow, using the full-capacity of his lungs, a gust of wind powerful enough to knock over most opponents (similar to
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By warlock360

there we go

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

You gotta give it to him....he is wayy kooler than Supes lol

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By King_Saturn
    Lunacyde said:
    "He-Man is a Master Of The Universe...
  • He is able to blow, using the full-capacity of his lungs, a gust of wind powerful enough to knock over most opponents (similar to Supermans "super-breath").
  • Able to transform himself into a human tornado (sometimes with the aid of spinning his sword) to divert objects, or even fly short distances on rare occasions ("Evilseed" and "The Shadow of Skeletor" being two such examples).
  • Able to run at high speed, creating a vacuum ("The Once and Future Duke")
  • Able to rub his hands together fast enough to turn sand into glass (as seen in "Temple of the Sun").
  • Superhuman strength, speed, durability, agility, reflexes, super breath, telepathy, and master tactician are just some of his powers.
    He has a power sword, axe, shield, and battle armor

By The Power Of Greyskull.......He-Man messes Supes up bad...jk....I think he can win though

"
    None of the feats you given us explain how durable He-Man is... cause he could easily be frozen into a block of Ice just like he did Wonder Woman in the scan...
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Nighthunter
    King Saturn said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Superman

caption
    caption
    "
    Of Course He Could... Nice Scan NH"
    thanks
    Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Wonder woman was in bad condition at that point she couldnt even evade it......He-Man is fast enough to probably dodge freezing breath

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By King_Saturn
    Lunacyde said:
    "Wonder woman was in bad condition at that point she couldnt even evade it......He-Man is fast enough to probably dodge freezing breath"
    Is He Man really faster than Superman ? I dont know about that
    Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I didnt say faster than Superman....I said fast enoug to dodge freezing breath lol....theres a big difference

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Wonder Woman broke out of Superman's freeze breath. I think He-Man could as well.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By King_Saturn
    Lunacyde said:
    "I didnt say faster than Superman....I said fast enoug to dodge freezing breath lol....theres a big difference"
    Ah Huh
    Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Also He-Man has a force field shield type dealy.....

caption
    caption
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By King_Saturn
    Hmmmm... thats pretty cool.
    Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Im not sure if it would protect from freezing breath but it protected him from energy blasts from an immortal being....

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

caption
    caption
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Nighthunter

using a low intensity heat vision from Earth to the moon, he is still capable of blinding the people in the watchtower
    using a low intensity heat vision from Earth to the moon, he is still capable of blinding the people in the watchtower

Doomsday can't do anything to Superman
    Doomsday can't do anything to Superman

Superman vs Zod
    Superman vs Zod

after fighting doomsday he receives an explosion that is as powerfull as 1000000 nukes and....
    after fighting doomsday he receives an explosion that is as powerfull as 1000000 nukes and....

...survives, not only that but he is still half conscious and without any real big damage that can be seen
    ...survives, not only that but he is still half conscious and without any real big damage that can be seen

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By oldmagic

So thats superman's limit. A million nukes.....hmm....

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By King_Saturn
    oldmagic said:
    "So thats superman's limit. A million nukes.....hmm...."
    I dont think thats Superman's limit... I just think that maybe his greatest durability feat in recent years
    oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By oldmagic

don't matter. Thats what Supes said, and thats what i'll believe. 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By King_Saturn
    oldmagic said:
    "don't matter. Thats what Supes said, and thats what i'll believe. "
    Okay...
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Nighthunter

it's in the next one

One-Above-You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By One-Above-You
    Nighthunter said:
    "it's in the next one"
    Ah, I see it.
    Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I believe that He-Man could win.

Maikel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Maikel
    Actually, the playing field is pretty even, He-man actually has the advantages(even one more then Thor did when he fought superman). 

He-man has "infinite strength", since he can tap into the full power of Castle Greyskull if needed, supes is limited(somewhere). 
  • Most of his he-mans armarments would be useless, BUT he could deflect supermans heatvision shots with the sword of power(Something Thor would not be able to do with Mjolnir), in thesame way he reflects lasers or solid objects(bullets, rocks) with it.
  • For speed, He-man can run at speeds to create a whirlwind, so can superman, but it is a fact that  "flash"(at least Wally West), is easily faster then superman, Also he-man can swim at superhuman speed(so can superman, but Aquaman beats him easily here also, so again he is not ultimate in this factor either).
  • Strategy wise both characters are about equal(they also have brains)
  • Like the Hulk, he-man has the capability to create an air-displacement momentum bij smashing his hands together.Superman does have full access to his powers, since he could fly in Eternia.
  • He-man dispatches large meteors with far more ease than superman does.

• Given that: I would say strength in favor of he-man, speed about equal, and strategy thesame. Superman has an edge with his flight capabilities, (both have freeze breath!, and can also blow fires out), but he-man has the edge with the sword of power being a magical tool that can hurt superman.  

Unless superman somehow manages to take the battle to the sky(by knocking he-man into it) so his opponent loses his footage, He-man has the edge.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#81  Edited By Primmaster64

He-Man

Sabre979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Sabre979

Okay let me first say I'm a fan of both characters, but I feel I should chime in here.  The victor would be Superman, I'm going to provide current Superman's power level with some scans too. 

Current Superman... 

-Strength:   DC is showing Superman having the strength to move planetoid size objects again, aswell as holding black holes in one hand.  In the Infinite Crisis tie in issue "Superman Infinite Crisis" Superman battles another Superman.  The shockwaves from Superman's punches atomize the planet they are on.  I'll repeat that again, the shockwaves from Superman's punches atomized the planet they were on.  Here is the scans....   

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/6897/11782483rz9.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/134/47358461jr8.jpg     

As the fight continues the shockwaves then shatter the boundries of space and time....

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2579/70950400rk0.jpg       

Holding a black hole in one hand; then producing sufficient static electricity (via rubbing his hands) for Green Lantern to corral into a temporary containment force; then actually throwing the black hole into another black hole. (JLA 81 or 82)

(Incidentally black holes are the collapsed remains of super-massive stars that have, at minimum, the mass of at least 30 of our Sun, according to modern science.) 

-Speed:  Superman can move at 99% the speed of light that is 184,000 miles per second.  When Bart Allen was alive and known as Impulse he stated to Superman that Superman can reach99% the speed of light.  I can't recall the issue at the moment, but that was back in the early 200's.  Superman's brain function and reaction time match that speed too.  Also in the recent Superman Up Up and Away Superman gets a brain boost. 

-Invunerabilty:  A power depleted Superman survived a blast 700 light years in magnitude -- strong enough to kill a Sun Eater in a May 2005? issue of Action Comics. This was a "weakened" Superman taking a 700 light year magnitued blast in the "Time and Time again" story.  Also Superman survived the Maggedon warhead which is capable of destorying half a galaxy.  Superman absorbed the energy while smilling no less.  These two feats are current Superman's best invunverability feats that I know of. 

-Heat Vision:  It's been mentioned in the comics that Superman's heat vision is so hot it cannot be measured.  We know that the core temperature of a star is 45 million degrees. 

-Freeze Breath:  Superman can flash freeze anything, and at super speed too.  For He-man to dodge Freeze Breath or Heat Vision he'd have to move faster than Superman. 

Of course Superman has other vision powers, infared, telescopic, microscopic.  Super hearing and flight.  Not only that but Superman does not have a limit.  There is misinformation going around that Superman has a limit to his powers.  Not the case, Superman can absorb solar energy seemingly non stop.  In the 1998 DC One Million story arc where they show the future of the DC Universe, when Superman returns from a 65,000 year exile from Earth he plunges into the sun and hybernates for 16,000 years.  Only emerging to destroy Solaris, Supes has absorbed so much solar energy that he is golden in appearance and is a new god. 

While He-Man is awesome I don't see him as even with Superman or having much of a chance against him. 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#83  Edited By Primmaster64

He-Man

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#84  Edited By Undergroundgod

Superman wins
    ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ThanosIsMad
    @Sabre979 said: 

Honestly, I wouldn't put much weight into those Infinite Crisis feats, seeing as reality itself was ridiculously fragile.  Yeah, it's spectacular and an amazing show of strength, but the planets created by Alex Luthor were essentially husks.

And Superman is beyond light speed, by the way.
    Avatar image for lordofthebrocean
    lordofthebrocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By lordofthebrocean

Superman wins

Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Destinyhero20

superman wins
    Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#88  Edited By Trodorne

In a one on one battle without knowledge about each others powers, it would just be an initial charge and then punch. 
    Magic: Superman's biomatrix is his most powerful asset, but the strength of this field is also its greatest weakness. It's permeability to certain wavelengths makes Superman vulnerable to certain radiations, particularly magical energies whose chaotic electromagnetic or extradimensional signatures disrupt this forcefield. Superman's vulnerability to magic varies on the special effects of the magic. No magic seems to be able to directly destroy him unless it comes from a semi-divine or divine source. He can be injured and worn down by magical entities. Magic can have powerful and unpredictable effects on Superman and his magical enemies have often proven to be the most dangerous. Recently, Superman has learned more about magic with the help of Zatanna and he is able to counter almost every spell. Magic has unknown effect on him. He was able to survive when he had a magical sword in the chest and a magical arrow in his back. It was during a fight against four Elder Gods.
     so by this we can conclude that the wavelength or chaotic power that the power of greyskull has on superman is that one hit can bust a tooth out of superman's mouth as the strength given to prince adam is magical, much like Captain Marvel (or shazam), and that the sword of power is magical as well so it can penatrait his skin. and about the heat vision, he-man does deflect laser blasts on a daily basis, it being undead skeleton minions or even robot minions. 
     another thing was mentioned about he-man's stamina or even how much endurance he has. the man is slammed into a mountain every second episode of the 200x series and the old cartoon, its amazing he is still walking after that. 
    but some of the information gets skewered cause in some comics it shows him getting stabbed in the leg by a sword from Tri-klops, and others show him getting pummeled into mountains. so sharp objects hurt he-man but energy weapons and mountains still allow him to keep going. i guess he-mans weakness is pointy sticks.

by the way this is my first post and only joined this site cause i saw this discussion.

waleslyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By waleslyfe

Wow, this is tough. He-man is stronger than the current Supes. Much stronger in fact ( i remember an episode of Masters of the Universe when He-man moved a moon, quite effortlessly i might add. But i believe (or rather think) Supes is faster. 

I call draw on this one.

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By the darknessss
    @waleslyfe said:
    "Wow, this is tough. He-man is stronger than the current Supes. Much stronger in fact ( i remember an episode of Masters of the Universe when He-man moved a moon, quite effortlessly i might add. But i believe (or rather think) Supes is faster.   I call draw on this one. "
    Avatar image for czarny_samael666
    czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By czarny_samael666

Supe. Easy.

waleslyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By waleslyfe

Heh, these forums are funny.  Some people post Supes by default regardless of the fight.

I'm quite sure, if i started a forum with Superman vs Biblical God, some guys will call Supes.

He-man has limitless strength and stamina. He's a walking plot device. I don't think Supes is POWERFUL ENOUGH to put down He-man.

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By FinalStar86
    @waleslyfe said:
    " Heh, these forums are funny.  Some people post Supes by default regardless of the fight.   I'm quite sure, if i started a forum with Superman vs Biblical God, some guys will call Supes.  He-man has limitless strength and stamina. He's a walking plot device. I don't think Supes is POWERFUL ENOUGH to put down He-man. "
    Maybe you should leave them, I am guess you came from KMC where Thanos can solo the JLA and Galactus is an omniversal threat

Or maybe you came from that other dump comixtreme
    Avatar image for supermandefender
    supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By supermandefender

The comic made it appear Superman wasnt at full powers.....so current Supes would destroy He-man. Magic can only do soo good.

Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Warcry80

Old School He Man would stomp!
    Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Pr_Beyonder

He-Man: I HAVE THE POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR to get beat by current superman :I
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#97  Edited By Mercy_

Are we using now-current Supes or the Supes that was current when this battle was made?

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#98  Edited By Lance Uppercut
    @The Dark Huntress: Fairly sure it's current as of the the time this thread was made. Though I don't think Superman has had any major power jumps in that time.
    KidCenturion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By KidCenturion

He-Man wins. Can you say "Magic" Power Sword?! As in my sword can slice you in two. Oh and he doesn't have that Shazam weakness. I HAVE THE POWER!!!!
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#100  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @KidCenturion said:
    "He-Man wins. Can you say "Magic" Power Sword?! As in my sword can slice you in two. Oh and he doesn't have that Shazam weakness. I HAVE THE POWER!!!! "