• 144 results
#1 Posted by Skeletor (583 posts) - - Show Bio

After Seeing his defeat by atlas ( a simialr character to he man) i think this was a nice idea of starting a thread... and btw

even though i know a lot of you will vote for Superman, keep this in mind

Silverage Superman (skeletor could take him alone so that pretty much wouldn't of been a good thread)

Discuss, debate, and fight!

#2 Posted by Iron Doom (864 posts) - - Show Bio

A really interesting battle but I would say Supes because of all the extra powers he has like heat vision and freezing breath

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224026 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Current Superman could take He-Man. He-Man is tough but Superman's combination of speed and strength will prove most difficult for He-Man to gave an edge over
#4 Posted by lordraiden (7013 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done, Superman!

#5 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"Been done, Superman!"
current superman??
#6 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Silverage Superman admitted that he might get killed if he fought he-man, how can the weaker version, win?

#7 Posted by lordraiden (7013 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"Silverage Superman admitted that he might get killed if he fought he-man, how can the weaker version, win?"

Killed? very unlikely!
#8 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

did you read the scan?

Skeletor said:

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yup..

and while cover scans mean precisely dick all for the actual storyline as covers are there to entice people to buy the comic... also the main word here is... can you guess? it ain't kill... "Magically" lol

M

#10 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos its the same thing that happened in the comic itself :P

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

scan it then...

I've read that issue and while Skeletor managed to control Superman quite easily Superman never admitted in the comic that he could die from the fight... it was only a cover blurb to get people interested

M

#12 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

will do hold on

#13 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

... Read and write error... goddamn virus get on msn ill send it to ya

#14 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i''m online now

M

#15 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

O.O did you delete me?

#16 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

yea and it says yourin a restless flirty mood lol

#17 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

wtf.....

whats your address and i'll double check it

M

#18 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

could also be my damn virus... but i am seeing other people online though

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

sorted

M

#20 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
i
caption
Uploaded for Billy...

but i still don't see anything there that says anything about Superman possibly dieing or being in any mortal danger...

M
#21 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

why would anyone think heman would have a chance?

#22 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

post that sword image...

#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

another upload for Billy

caption
ok, so it looks like in panel 3 that Skeletor cuts Superman right?

wrong...

read panel four properly...

"I don't know how i got here -- where the devil here is -- or how you were able to cut my idestructable costume--"

Yup... Skeletor cut his costume...

i don't know about you but i'm sure Superman is quaking in his red boots over the thought of fighting naked lol

M
#24 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

"-- And what makes him think he can hurt me with.... UHNNN!"

and then skeletor says "first blood is mine" so i do believe ... scratch that, know that superman was hurt

#25 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

that must be the worst comic ever

#26 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

the sword is magical so i dont see what your going at

#27 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"the sword is magical so i dont see what your going at"

do you think superman's fast enough to dodge a bullet billy?
#28 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, question is, why would he if he KNEW it wouldnt hurt him? if he fights he-man and he sees his sword, what makes you think he wont think like he did when he fought skeletor? and get cut worse

#29 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

because he already was cut by it when skeletor had it.  or if you want to treat the fight as if they never met before, then he would get cut once, which probably wouldnt be something deadly since heman isnt a killer anyway, and then he wouldnt ever get cut again.

#30 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

that was silver age superman, and what i wanted to know is, what would the current superman do, who was already beaten by a similiar opponent, atlas.

#31 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

current superman would beat him just as easily.  he's too fast for heman to be able to do anything against him.  just because he loses in a fight in a comic doesnt mean he really would lose.  you know doomsday and thanos both lost to squirrel girl?  does that mean she can really defeat them???

#32 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

he didnt beat him apples

#33 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"he didnt beat him apples"

lol you know what i mean!  current supes should have won against atlas and should win against heman too.  :)
#34 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Should is relative ;)

#35 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol who wins and loses in a comic is controlled by the writers.  who wins or loses in a battle thread is just who really should win or lose ;)

#36 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

seeing as how he-man man handeld Silver age superman, what do you think would he do to the current one ;)

#37 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

if superman can really move fast enough to dodge bullets then how did heman manhandle him?  youre mixing up a comic fight where the writers decide who wins and a fight where the powers and abilities of the characters decide who wins.

#38 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman used his flight and speed to knock out he-mans axe, and all that ended in was he-man grabbing him and smacking him to the ground, plus, it is stated that he-man is the strongest being in the universe, read

#39 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol it doesnt matter who's stronger.  if youre faster than the other person, and i've never seen anything that showed heman having faster reactions than a normal person, while superman's quick enough to dodge lasers if he wants to, then you can dodge any attack the other person uses and just beat them senseless.  superman could just grab heman and throw him into space if he wanted to.  see youre again using a fight in a comic to say that heman could beat superman.  why isnt superman using his super speed?  why isnt he using his heat vision?  why isnt he standing back and just throwing rocks at light speeds at heman?  heman wouldnt have a chance against superman

#40 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

hes fast enough to catch superman out of mid air

#41 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol only in that comic book.  if superman were moving around at mach 1 or mach 3 do you think heman would be fast enough to catch him?  have you ever seen heman move that fast?  anyone ever say he could?  superman can move waaaaayyy faster than that but he wouldnt need to, to beat heman.

#42 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

He-man = Juggernaut because of the power of greyskull

#43 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"He-man = Juggernaut because of the power of greyskull"

show me where it makes him fast enough to fight superman.  or show me where it makes him durable enough that he doesnt have to dodge weapons.  you know heman doesnt just stand there letting people stab him or bash him with their weapons.  that's cause if he did then his skin would be pierced.  and if that's the case, then he wouldnt stand up too well to heat vision or to rocks being thrown at him at even mach 1, or just being hit by superman who happens to be flying by at mach 3.
#44 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman doesn't have the same weakness to magic that he use to. All of Superman's fights are made to be interesting otherwise they'd be over in one panel and no one would waste their money. All I saw Superman use in that fight was a weak attempted Speed Blitz. No Heat Vision, no real attempt at utilizing any skill whatsoever. Can He-Man fly? Not that I know off. Superman could have stayed up in the clouds and melted him without even wasting his time in a hand to hand confrontation.

#45 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

billy just loves heman for some reason ;)

#46 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Superman doesn't have the same weakness to magic that he use to. All of Superman's fights are made to be interesting otherwise they'd be over in one panel and no one would waste their money. All I saw Superman use in that fight was a weak attempted Speed Blitz. No Heat Vision, no real attempt at utilizing any skill whatsoever. Can He-Man fly? Not that I know off. Superman could have stayed up in the clouds and melted him without even wasting his time in a hand to hand confrontation."
he did that to skeletor and skeletor wasnt effected, ill put up a scan as soon as i can upload again
#47 Posted by lordraiden (7013 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"did you read the scan?

Skeletor said:

"

Yeah, I did, and your refering to a cover, which alot of the time, is used to capture the audience into bying that particular comic! It doesn't mean that that cover was meant to be taken literally!!! Doom was holding Thor's hammer on a FF4 cover, that doesn't mean that it happend or was even possible! What's that old saying, "don't judge a book by it's cover!"
#48 Posted by King Saturn (224026 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Superman doesn't have the same weakness to magic that he use to. All of Superman's fights are made to be interesting otherwise they'd be over in one panel and no one would waste their money. All I saw Superman use in that fight was a weak attempted Speed Blitz. No Heat Vision, no real attempt at utilizing any skill whatsoever. Can He-Man fly? Not that I know off. Superman could have stayed up in the clouds and melted him without even wasting his time in a hand to hand confrontation."
Thats Right Gambler. Didnt Superman get some sort of powerup against magic from the Phantom Stranger ?
#49 Posted by lordraiden (7013 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"Gambler said:
he did that to skeletor and skeletor wasnt effected, ill put up a scan as soon as i can upload again"
Your judging an old school comic that wasn't really cannon other than throwing Supes against He-Man, and I wouldn't really go quoting/judging everything that happens in this 80's fun battle! Don't forget to use your common sense and knowledge, which should always prevail overy the absurdities of comic battles :-)
#50 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
Billy said:
"Gambler said:
he did that to skeletor and skeletor wasnt effected, ill put up a scan as soon as i can upload again"

its like you werent listening to a thing i said.