Boston

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I think Hawkman could slice and dice with the Nth metal, but I am not sure he can get close enough before being shot down by lasers. I am also not sure of New 52 Hawkman's durability.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Manowar

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@allstarsuperman said:

I think Hawkman could slice and dice with the Nth metal

Really? Nothing has pierced the armor yet, and it's destroyed Ninjaks sword on impact, which at the time was vibrating on a supersonic frequency.

I will say Aric.

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Stronger? Hawkman has gone toe to toe with Aquaman. Better healing? Debatable since Hawkman has regrown his arm in minutes. More durable? Hawkman has taken hits from Shaggy Man his was restraining Martian Manhunter. Ranged weaponry is going to help when you have self aware armor that protects you from such things.Just saying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_man_with_questions: And what did that encounter do to show off Hawkman's strength? Deathstroke has gone "toe to toe" with Aquaman. Batman has gone "toe to toe" with Wonder Woman. Hardly proves anything unless they got into some kind of physical strength struggle. The X-O Armor has done this:

No Caption Provided

What has Hawkman done?

X-O has regrown his arm in seconds.

That statement about durability doesn't really mean much to me without context. Still, X-O theoretically can tank a nuke, has tanked a nuke-like explosions already, casually goes through re-entry, even tanking the impact, without a scratch, flies through jets, tanks full-scale alien-tech artillery bombardment and conventional military armaments mean nothing to him.

The armor doesn't matter. Aric can just blast Hawkman to no end from the skies until he is dead. It's as simple as that, really.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@i_like_swordssaid:

Thats not entirely true. It built him a new metal hand, didn't heal his old one. And he was in the armour for like a day before it instantly grew a new hand. IIRC

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

I think your somewhat undermining Hawkman. Yes he got in a physical confrontation with Aquaman. He's also got in physical confrontations with Wonder Woman, Shazam, Shaggy Man, & Block Buster. All of these beings are in the class one hundred range.

Heck, he even one shot Shazam and nearly sent Block Buster into orbit with a punch. He can definitely contend with Aric physically.

Shaggy Man (Or at least in the New52) is a robot that resembles a sasquatch. Shaggy was physically confronting all of the Justice League of America including Martian Manhunter.

Hawkman has survived explosions that have killed Apollo a being of Superman level durability who took hits from Atrocitus & Martian Manhunter and Hawkman has tanked advance Thanagarian tech so military tech doesn't really mean much.

Yes the armor does matter. It has protected from energy blast before and acted as full body armor.

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid:

I would say completely disintegrated but still. Pretty good durability feat. I believe he has a similar feat in Justice League Canada.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Thats not entirely true. It built him a new metal hand, didn't heal his old one. And he was in the armour for like a day before it instantly grew a new hand. IIRC

It grew him a fully functioning hand in seconds when he donned the suit - good enough for me.

@i_like_swords:

I think your somewhat undermining Hawkman. Yes he got in a physical confrontation with Aquaman. He's also got in physical confrontations with Wonder Woman, Shazam, Shaggy Man, & Block Buster. All of these beings are in the class one hundred range.

Heck, he even one shot Shazam and nearly sent Block Buster into orbit with a punch. He can definitely contend with Aric physically.

Shaggy Man (Or at least in the New52) is a robot that resembles a sasquatch. Shaggy was physically confronting all of the Justice League of America including Martian Manhunter.

Hawkman has survived explosions that have killed Apollo a being of Superman level durability who took hits from Atrocitus & Martian Manhunter and Hawkman has tanked advance Thanagarian tech so military tech doesn't really mean much.

Yes the armor does matter. It has protected from energy blast before and acted as full body armor.

No, I'm not. I want to see these physical confrontations.

You're using nothing but ABC logic when providing feats. I want to see some substantiation behind this. You could be speaking completely out of context.

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

How am I using ABC logic? I never said he beat Aquaman physically so he beats X-O Manowar.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_man_with_questions: You're saying "this hurt this guy, but Hawkman tanked it" when there could have been any kind of circumstance behind the feat. I want to at least see them before I deem Hawkman (who Deathstroke was troubling) a Martian Manhunter/Aquaman level threat.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Aric, but it Carter should make him work it for due to his HF and his Nth Metal weapons.

Also, Hawkman and Aquaman didn't get into that big of a fight. There were only 2 panels. One in which Aquaman super jumps at Hawkman in flight (no physical confrontation) and another in which Aquaman throws a punch and grazes Carter's chin and draws blood.

That's literally it.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

Not true. If you look at the scan when his hand regens you can see flesh in his finger tips.

Aric found the armor, he passed out (the armor ko's people before it accepts him), the guards blow open the room, then Aric is show standing ready to fight them. Then the next issue Aric is running through the ship with his armor and his hand regrows after another bout with guards.

The timeline is not given, but there's no way it was a day. Hour at the most.

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Slade was only handling Hawkman before his mastery of Nth-Metal. Context is everything.

No Caption Provided

Getting based on by a guy who was confronting the entire Justice League of America including J'onn.

No Caption Provided

I'm not saying anyone wins here, I just thought you were undermining Hakwman and a believe a sufficient argument has been made for Aric.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we have Hawkman getting hit by one glancing blow, from a guy who to this point has one panel of Martian Manhunter wrapping his arm around him. Nice.

Aric still wins.