willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By willpayton

@sog7dc said:

so i need to prove the exact amount of supernova superman took but you dont need to prove anyting? theres a word for that....hypocr.....nah nevermind

You have to prove what you claimed. Do you deny this?

What is it you think I need to prove? If it's that the Claw of Horus can hit like a planet, I cant because that's just dialog from HM. But, I still fail to see how that's relevant to the question that we're discussing. You seem to want to keep bringing other topics into this to distract from the question at hand.

YOU compared surviving a supernova to being knocked out by a moon. All I said was that they are two different things, and that you cant tell what "surviving a supernova" even means because you dont know anything about it. So YOU have to back up your claim.

@sog7dc said:

its was campm [re-52. the coming of atlas story arc

so the only hpe hawkman has that is trumped two fold by the last scan i posted is irrelevant.....ridiculous. illprove everything you asked for when you hold yourself to the same standard. prove the claw of horus actually hits with that mucch force. get me numbers, schematics,experiment data..... amd ill get you all the info on the supernova you want

Again, you seem to be confused and bringing in irrelevant arguments into this. Do you think that if you just bring up enough different things into this that you'll just win by default when I get tired of replying to you??

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we all know this isn't exactly fair for Carter, let's just leave it at that...Thor blasts him for the easy KO

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By SOG7dc

@willpayton: Condescending and arrogant? You have Internet genius down pat. My point was very clear yet somehow lost on you. The amount of force exerted by an exploding star is greater than the amount of force a planet could exert no matter the circumstances. Superman survived a supermove while he was being weakened by red sun radiation. So it stands to reason that him being knocked out by a planet punch, so to speak, is illogical and nonsense. And why do I have to prove anything when you refuse to do so? You have proved absolutely nothing. You have produced zero scans and all you've down is lowball the scans I have posted with out any sound argument. Let me spell it out as clearly as I can. YOU say hawkman has a chance of beating Thor. I say that he has ZERO chance. I back up this claim by saying hawkman could not hurt Thor. You bring up superman being knocked out by a "planet punch" I then present scams of superman surviving things that would have a much greater damage output than a planet punch. You then ask for ridiculous things that don't exist for any feat for any character in any comic. When I do the same to you you pretend to be oblivious of why I did it. I refuse to believe you really cant connect those dots. You're choosing to ignore things that have relevance. And I'll remind you I have only responded to you. So get "bored" responding to me if you please just remember YOU brought this up. YOU brought up the planet punch. YOU asked for ridiculous amounts of evidence. And when I asked the same of you you ignore the requests...so please. Explain to me like I'm a 4 year old how hawkman could hope to hurt either superman or Thor.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@willpayton: Condescending and arrogant? You have Internet genius down pat. My point was very clear yet somehow lost on you. The amount of force exerted by an exploding star is greater than the amount of force a planet could exert no matter the circumstances.

You really just refuse to actually listen to what I'm telling you. The bolded statement above is nonsense. I already even gave a perfect example to illustrate this, which I guess you ignored. So, one more time: We survive supernovas all the time. This is because the "amount of force exerted" by that supernova on us is basically zero. But, the amount of force exerted by the Earth on us is not close to zero. In this case, the Earth has significantly more impact on us than a supernovae millions of light years from us. In other words, your statement is clearly false.

If you cant understand that then there's no point in discussing this further. You're just bent on ignoring what I said and then trying to insult me. It's not arrogance on my part, it's just a difficulty in having to deal with your inability to listen and reason.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Dratini1331

@willpayton:

@jashro44: I had no prior knowledge of the claw of Horus. It said it is powerful enough to ko superman with one punch. So........Hawkman murderstomps thor!!!! Stomp stomp!!!!!

That punch is the most out of context scan and overused scan next to the machine gun one -.- I've never seen the follow up pages to that, and (obviously) superman and batman won that fight. This is also the same superman that could take normal planetary explosions like a champ. There's nowhere I've seen that says anything about the actual result of the punch.

The odds of it KOing Supes are very slim, and it's probably not gonna KO thor in one hit either.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd think getting hit by Mjolnir would be worse then getting hit by the claw of Horus.

At the end of the day, I don't think Hawkman brings anything to the table that really worries Thor.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By willpayton

@willpayton:

@those_eyes said:

@jashro44: I had no prior knowledge of the claw of Horus. It said it is powerful enough to ko superman with one punch. So........Hawkman murderstomps thor!!!! Stomp stomp!!!!!

That punch is the most out of context scan and overused scan next to the machine gun one -.- I've never seen the follow up pages to that, and (obviously) superman and batman won that fight. This is also the same superman that could take normal planetary explosions like a champ. There's nowhere I've seen that says anything about the actual result of the punch.

The odds of it KOing Supes are very slim, and it's probably not gonna KO thor in one hit either.

Yes, obviously Superman and Batman won the fight...

No Caption Provided

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

-pretty close: http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2609412

if a planet werethat close it would have been obliterated

- and i quote "the explosion was about fifty times the size of keplars spernova"

That was just a story Pa Kent was telling Martha to reassure her that Superman was going to be okay during the whole Zod invasion thing. It didn't really happen. I'm not sure if it would really count as PIS compared to the other examples you gave even if it did happen, since I believe it was written after them. You can't really expect Loeb or Starlin to take into account something that hadn't been written yet (I'm also pretty sure Superman was saved from the two planets by the Source and Orion).

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By thanosii

people are obviously wanking the Claw firstly

Superman only pretended to lose as part of a plan to get into the White house

Also if you take it literally the claw is a magical weapon and hence could hurt Superman anyway

That has no bearing on Thor who can one shot Hawk

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Thor stomps

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By pooty

Thor wins. It's not a cake walk but not his hardest fight either

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor one shots him with no effort. Mismatch of the highest order lol.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@retconcrisis: The healing factor isnt new to Nu52. Has been the case for some time. the only upgrade in the Nu52 is the ability of Nth metal to change form at the will of the wearer turning it into full body armor.

In fact pre flashpoint Nth metal has properties that with the right user make them a reality warper. Hawkman however isnt the right user

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor.

Avatar image for hulk_post_absolute_power
hulk_post_absolute_power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the Hawkman fans have provided nothing truly worth this fight.besides.a.highly disputably claw. I give this to Thor. On the super nova scan superman was basically human thanks to the red sun so him surviving means it powered him.up. but it has been shown that superman has tanked a hit.with.the.force of 15 super nova's.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@willpayton: Ssriously? Pick out one area where I insulted you. And what YOU are ignoring is that...nevermind. You won't listen anyway.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a mismatch.

Thor walks all over Hawkman.

DedrabbiT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In new 52 doesn't hawkman have a new form that makes him even stronger? It's like red and green or something. It was in the last issue of hawkman I believe. He knocked blockbuster into orbit and that was regular hawkman at the time. His durability has always been high and he has a huge tolerance for pain. The dude is a stone cold warrior. He looove to battle. Thor with morals on will not be as brutal. And with the claw of Horus he can hit even harder. With the force of a planet I believe. That is enough to damage Thor. Also I thing the hawk is faster. Now Thor does has the weather manipulation and overall more versatile but this isn't gonna be a stomp for either character here.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VERY CLOSE AND CONTESTED BATTLE. Hawkman with the Claw of H is a threat for any heavy hitter like Thor. It's a toss up.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor WINS

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@sog7dc:

Explain to me like I'm a 4 year old how hawkman could hope to hurt either superman or Thor.

That won't be necessary. I'll talk to you like an adult. My guess is that you'll enjoy that much better than the alternative! See my answer below for more details!

@ancient_0f_days:

we all know this isn't exactly fair for Carter, let's just leave it at that...Thor blasts him for the easy KO

I see Hawkman doing at least as well as "brainwashed" Wolverine did. Perhaps better considering that Wolverine's razor sharp super-metal weapons (Adamantium in his case) isn't any where near as effective against mystical targets as Hawkman's razor sharp super-metal weapons (Nth Metal in his case). Hawkman is also much stronger that Logan, so it stands to reason that his strength combined with his speed and skill level with such weapons could do even more damage than our favorite Canuck did.

Final verdict:

Thor 5 or 6/10 (only if he takes Hawkman seriously)

Thor 4 or 5/10 (if he doesn't think Hawkman's weapons are strong enough to pierce his skin)

Remember, Carter's no fool. He's an archaeologist who's been around long enough to have seen both the rise AND the fall of the Norse Empire. If he sees some guy wearing Nordic Battle Armor, wielding a Norse Battle Hammer, speaking with "thus" and "thou", and calling himself Thor, he's going to come to one of two conclusions: 1.) This dude's delusional and he needs to be put out of his misery. Or 2.) This is Thor of The Aesir, and I will suffer for any mistakes I make here. Thus killshot after nasty killshot until Thor does something to make some breathing room for himself. Though a ground pound shockwave attack won't be nearly as effective against Hawkman (who can fly) as it was against Wolverine (who can't).

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Dratini1331

@willpayton: The entire point of the comic is that they won that fight via tricking the other two so they could get close to luthor. They are shown in the next scene having replaced the two...

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TommyJones1945

@willpayton: Not surprsied you made this thread. This is an obvious mismatch/spite. I'm surprised it made more than one page.

Avatar image for s0n_of_d3adp00l
S0N_of_D3ADP00L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins with his trustee hammer Mjonir.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: Wolverine was only able to surprise Thor for a second until he got into the air and blasted him...I don't think Carter can survive that.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: I know he's always had a healing factor. It's just that his newly improved HF in the New 52 would be something that would be good against Thor. Besides that I don't see Carter beating him.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkman FTW

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

DaseanComerWCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85  Edited By DaseanComerWCR

Thor.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Odinson.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By beatboks1

@pooty said:

@willpayton said:

@pooty said:

Even if Hawkman can hit hard enough to KO him, I think Thor can hit hard enough to KO hawkman. I think Thor durability is above HM. Not sure

What would be the effect of Thor trying to hit someone who's wearing armor made of Nth Metal, which has anti-magic properties?

IMO, Thor's strength is not magic. it's his physiology that gives him strength. So I think Thor would still be hitting with class 100+ strength. If Thor hit him with lightning, it would hurt like regular lightning, without the magic effect it normally has. Add that to Thor's weather control and I think Thor takes this 8/10

Now first I'm not saying for a moment that Thor wont win, but I think it pertinent to address some of these issues. Nth metal is actually a very good defense against most of these attacks. Good enough that while HM will loose it will be after a long hard fought battle.

Nth metal aside form countering (and with enough knowledge and enough of it allow control of) Gravity, also grants the wearer enhanced strength ( no where near Thor at 5 tons), Healing factor ( easily close to Logan), enhanced senses, it also has other properties that allow someone with enough knowledge on it and enough of it to control the four forces of nature ( HM doesn't have enough of either though in the Rann Thanagar war he started to gain some of that knowledge)

Blunt force Durability

Due to HF being a 100+ tonner is no guarantee of being able to put HM down. As shown by WWIII BA's attempt here.

Several pages of BA pummeling him didn't put him down. Not when he had a wall crushed on him, Throwing him from a height above the surrounding skyscrapers straight though an engine block (crushing a car). None of these things put HM down for the count.

Energy Durability

Nth metal actually disrupts energy. I couldn't find the page after the second scan to show HM not harmed ( will look again alter). Lightning simply wont do jack to anyone wearing nth metal.

Healing factor

No Caption Provided

In the last one his neck and major artery were cut and he was almost dead while not wearing his nth metal. the metal is placed on him and in seconds he is up and talking.

Then there are the anti magic capabilities of nth metal

The metal also makes strikes made with it vastly more devastating than the strength of the one wielding the metal

The reason that the Claw of Horus "strikes with the force of a planet" is that it's the purest piece of nth metal known to exist forged a particular way to take full advantage of the metals properties.

I can go on to show how others like Ominar Synn can use Nth metal to be virtual reality warpers but there isn't a point because Carter can't do that.

Can he defeat Thor, absolutely no, he can however make a battle last last long as he sees fit which against powerhouses is what he normally does.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: So the moral of the story, is that Hawkman stalls his inevitable death for an extra 5 minutes? Cool. ;p

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

@beatboks1: So the moral of the story, is that Hawkman stalls his inevitable death for an extra 5 minutes? Cool. ;p

I agree with sync1. Thanks for the info on Hawkman. While it was interesting, it doesn't change the fact that Thor wins the vast majority. and i know you were not trying to refute that. Thanks

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

He wont be killed as long as Nth metal is on him due to the HF it provides. I'm not sure why all the talk on the thread about Nu52 HF because it's exactly the same if not below pre 52. He also has incredible durability to heat and temperatures from nth metal (as far back as the SA can survive deep space with nothing more than a breather and Nth metal to cope with temps).

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By beatboks1

@pooty: i'll absolutely the thunder God will win 10 minutes into the fight HM while healing will be suffering quite a bit of damage and looking for a way to retreat

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkman got oneshotted by Wonder Woman, what chance he has against Thor?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

Hawkman got oneshotted by Wonder Woman, what chance he has against Thor?

That's Nu52 Hawkman and WW was possesses/blood raged by Pandora's box. OP says pre 52 HM. Pre 52 HM has struck pre 52 WW and caused her pain ( which frankly is PIS, but whatever)

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: The Claw of Horus suppose to hurt the likes of Superman so that makes sense. Either way, Thor would beat Hawkman quite badly. The only ways I see Hawkman winning is by ambush or staying agile.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone saying Thor stomps, I agree thor wins but this isn't a stomp

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers