Random encounter. Win by KO or death.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jashro44

From what I know of hawkman I would say thor takes this.

Avatar image for hulk_post_absolute_power
hulk_post_absolute_power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THOR GOD OF THUNDER for the win. And I'll need to see some impressive feats to change my mind on that

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By those_eyes

@jashro44: I had no prior knowledge of the claw of Horus. It said it is powerful enough to ko superman with one punch. So........Hawkman murderstomps thor!!!! Stomp stomp!!!!!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I had no prior knowledge of the claw of Horus. It said it is powerful enough to ko superman with one punch. So........Hawkman murderstomps thor!!!! Stomp stomp!!!!!

Superman wasn't knocked out. He was faking. It does hit with the force of a planet though all though considering thors recent showing against gorr not sure thats a big deal.

"We let them think they did"

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ForeverEvil

hawkmans out of his league. thor wins

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... this happened:

No Caption Provided

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By those_eyes

@jashro44: alright then I'm convinced Thor will take this.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dondave

Thor

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@those_eyes said:

Superman wasn't knocked out. He was faking. It does hit with the force of a planet though all though considering thors recent showing against gorr not sure thats a big deal.

"We let them think they did"

the scan doesnt say that it didnt KO him. it says that they let them think they captured them. cause what they wanted was to be brought to luthor.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jashro44

@foreverevil: Right they let hawkman and captain marvel capture them....By pretending to be knocked out. I doubt captain marvel and hawkman would believe that batman and superman would give up while they are conscious.They had to be "knocked out" if captain marvel and hawkman were to believe they won.

And I find it a little convent that they would use the castling strategy, lose, and then superman would summarize how he faked defeat and then mention castling. He was likely faking.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

thor

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ForeverEvil

@jashro44 said:

@foreverevil: Right they let hawkman and captain marvel capture them....By pretending to be knocked out. I doubt captain marvel and hawkman would believe that batman and superman would give up while they are conscious.They had to be "knocked out" if captain marvel and hawkman were to believe they won.

And I find it a little convent that they would use the castling strategy, lose, and then superman would summarize how he faked defeat and then mention castling. He was likely faking.

im just using the scans YOU posted. says so right there. never does it say that they werent KOd. for all we know he was indeed KOd and let himself get hit by the claw so that they could go on with their plans

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if Hawkman can hit hard enough to KO him, I think Thor can hit hard enough to KO hawkman. I think Thor durability is above HM. Not sure

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By willpayton

@pooty said:

Even if Hawkman can hit hard enough to KO him, I think Thor can hit hard enough to KO hawkman. I think Thor durability is above HM. Not sure

What would be the effect of Thor trying to hit someone who's wearing armor made of Nth Metal, which has anti-magic properties?

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thor

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

im just using the scans YOU posted. says so right there. never does it say that they werent KOd. for all we know he was indeed KOd and let himself get hit by the claw so that they could go on with their plans

And you don't know this for sure. That is speculation on your part. We know that it was there plan to lose the fight and that they were faking defeat. This at best proves its unquantifiable meaning we still can't say he was knocked out.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jashro44 said:

From what I know of hawkman I would say thor takes this.

This one suits me as well.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

What would be the effect of Thor trying to hit someone who's wearing armor made of Nth Metal, which has anti-magic properties?

IMO, Thor's strength is not magic. it's his physiology that gives him strength. So I think Thor would still be hitting with class 100+ strength. If Thor hit him with lightning, it would hurt like regular lightning, without the magic effect it normally has. Add that to Thor's weather control and I think Thor takes this 8/10

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thor wins

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ForeverEvil

@jashro44 said:
@foreverevil said:
@jashro44 said:

And you don't know this for sure. That is speculation on your part. We know that it was there plan to lose the fight and that they were faking defeat. This at best proves its unquantifiable meaning we still can't say he was knocked out.

ill agree to that. but same goes for saying he was NOT KO'd. we dont know.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thor still takes the win.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Thor stomps.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By willpayton

Ok, looks like Thor has this one. I'll have to put up someone different against Hawkman, even if he has the Claw.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Thor mega stomps. its not even close. The Court of Asgard is having fried Hawk for dinner tonight

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Thor mega stomps. its not even close. The Court of Asgard is having fried Hawk for dinner tonight

That's racist.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_red_viper  Moderator

@sog7dc said:

Fried Hawk? Volstaag solos =P

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkman can win IF he gets his New 52 healing factor.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil:

it's not faking if you are really knocked out you have no ideal how long you will be out that would be a stupid plan to really let hawkman knock him out because he might not have ever woken but he happened to wake up just in time to pull of this plan if he was really unconscious that would be some big luck. I think it is obvious that they faked being knocked out.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ForeverEvil

@foreverevil:

it's not faking if you are really knocked out you have no ideal how long you will be out that would be a stupid plan to really let hawkman knock him out because he might not have ever woken but he happened to wake up just in time to pull of this plan if he was really unconscious that would be some big luck. I think it is obvious that they faked being knocked out.

lol only that was their plan. to get taken to luthor. besides, its comics. all we know is whats said in the scan. and like i said. its inconclusive. all we know is that the claw of horus hit him with the power of the earth and then after that we arent sure if he really was KOd or not.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By willpayton

@sog7dc said:

How is this "not even close"? Hawkman has literally thousands of years of experience as a warrior, and the Nth Metal gives him enhanced strength, endurance, reaction time, and regeneration. The Claw of Horus allows him to hit with insane power, enough to KO Superman. (yes, it's enough... remember that Superman has been KO'ed by flying into a moon before)

Thor is not a speedster like Superman, and the Nth Metal enhancements should allow HM to see the attacks coming.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis: How good is Hawkman HF in the New 52

First Healing Factor Feat:

Hawkman can concentrate energy blasts in his strikes so that in addition to cutting them with the Nth Blade he also burns them as well.

In one panel, he was cut by a sword in the shoulder, but completely heals a panel or two later.

Also, it is stated that he is almost impervious to pain in JLn52.

Completely burned in the entirety of his body, but fully recovers with a few red spots. His healing factor is subconsciously automatic
Completely burned in the entirety of his body, but fully recovers with a few red spots. His healing factor is subconsciously automatic
No Caption Provided

Nth Metal shields him from a point blank energy blast from Thanagarian weaponry
Nth Metal shields him from a point blank energy blast from Thanagarian weaponry

Stated to have almost punched Blockbuster out of orbit
Stated to have almost punched Blockbuster out of orbit
No Caption Provided

Taking punches from Aquaman (A 75-100+ tonner)...
Taking punches from Aquaman (A 75-100+ tonner)...
...And then takes on Wonder Woman
...And then takes on Wonder Woman

One-shotting Shazam
One-shotting Shazam

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

How is this "not even close"? Hawkman has literally thousands of years of experience as a warrior, and the Nth Metal gives him enhanced strength, endurance, reaction time, and regeneration. The Claw of Horus allows him to hit with insane power, enough to KO Superman. (yes, it's enough... remember that Superman has been KO'ed by flying into a moon before)

Thor is not a speedster like Superman, and the Nth Metal enhancements should allow HM to see the attacks coming.

dude Thor is on another levelthan hawkman. and i would argue that the moon knockout and the hawkman punch knockout where both PIS because superman has survived a supernova. ill grant that hawkman will have a speed advantage but i doubt its enough to totally outclass thor the way supes does. hawkman probably lands oe good punch with the horus before thor smacks him with mjolnir and hawkman doesnt have tat kind of durability unless im missing something

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

I think Thor can win this.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

and i would argue that the moon knockout and the hawkman punch knockout where both PIS because superman has survived a supernova.

Those are two completely different things. You cant say that surviving one has anything to do with the other.

Also, I'm not sure you know what PIS means. PIS is when characters do something stupid or out of character for the sake of the plot, not when something happens that you dont like.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:
@willpayton said:
@sog7dc said:

dude Thor is on another levelthan hawkman. and i would argue that the moon knockout and the hawkman punch knockout where both PIS because superman has survived a supernova. ill grant that hawkman will have a speed advantage but i doubt its enough to totally outclass thor the way supes does. hawkman probably lands oe good punch with the horus before thor smacks him with mjolnir and hawkman doesnt have tat kind of durability unless im missing something

i kind of agree. Thor is on another level. The only thing that makes this a conversation worth having is that Hawkmans weapons and armor disrupt magic. that and he has a claw that hits with planet level force. oh and his speed. but thats all that keeps this from being a stomp in favor of thor

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By willpayton

i kind of agree. Thor is on another level. The only thing that makes this a conversation worth having is that Hawkmans weapons and armor disrupt magic. that and he has a claw that hits with planet level force. oh and his speed. but thats all that keeps this from being a stomp in favor of thor

Of course... regular Hawkman vs Thor would be ridiculous. I mean, Hawkman has taken a beating from Black Adam, which is no small feat, but still he had no chance in that fight. But, add in Nth Metal weapons, armor, and the Claw of Horus and this is another fight altogether. I dont think Thor would be able to walk away from getting hit by the Claw as HM hit Superman.

Another thing that I think people are ignoring... is that morals-on, in-character Thor is not that tough. I mean, he's not exactly a smart fighter and regularly lets people tag him. On the other hand, in-character Hawkman is always dangerous and a great fighter. It's not unreasonable to think that in a fight he'll be able to tag Thor. And, tagging Thor with the Claw means big trouble for Thor.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

and i would argue that the moon knockout and the hawkman punch knockout where both PIS because superman has survived a supernova.

Those are two completely different things. You cant say that surviving one has anything to do with the other.

Also, I'm not sure you know what PIS means. PIS is when characters do something stupid or out of character for the sake of the plot, not when something happens that you dont like.

.....so its logical for superman to survive a supernova while being weakened by red sun radiation, for superman to survive two planets colliding and be hurt by being punched "with the earth"? no my friend that IS the definition of PIS. and i am well aware of what it means it is stupidity induced by the plot. the plot (written by jeph leob in an arc where superman was hit by a bullet and beat darksied BADLY) called for superman to have an adversary that didnt have magic as an advantage like marvel did. so he had to fight hawkman and if he would have used his speed, trength, heat vision, freexe breath, super breath, etc he could have easily dispersed of hawkman. and thor has just as many ways of dispersing of hawkman

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil said:

Of course... regular Hawkman vs Thor would be ridiculous. I mean, Hawkman has taken a beating from Black Adam, which is no small feat, but still he had no chance in that fight. But, add in Nth Metal weapons, armor, and the Claw of Horus and this is another fight altogether. I dont think Thor would be able to walk away from getting hit by the Claw as HM hit Superman.

Another thing that I think people are ignoring... is that morals-on, in-character Thor is not that tough. I mean, he's not exactly a smart fighter and regularly lets people tag him. On the other hand, in-character Hawkman is always dangerous and a great fighter. It's not unreasonable to think that in a fight he'll be able to tag Thor. And, tagging Thor with the Claw means big trouble for Thor.

I agree with the bold parts. thor relies alot on his magic and strength. The magic may or not maybe be disrupted. but i say probably because thats what Nth metal does. and i dont think its ever failed. and the strength part is great for thor, he just needs to land the hits since Hawkman is faster. If the magic is negated i say hawkman wins. if not, i go with thor.

thorthorthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By thorthorthor

Hawkman will humiliate Thor.lol

Well, not really a stomp but Hawkman is going to beat Thor with a bit ease.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

.....so its logical for superman to survive a supernova while being weakened by red sun radiation

Yes, it's logical. It depends on many factors... how far was Superman from the supernova? How much total energy did the supernova put out? You got those figures? Good... now divide the total energy by the area of the sphere with radius R, R being the distance from the supernova to Superman. Then multiply by the area of Superman's body... lets assume it's 1.5 m^2. Now you have how much total energy Superman was actually exposed to. Next, figure out what type of energy. We know Superman runs on solar energy, so how much of that energy actually made Superman stronger (sun dip) and how much would have hurt him? How much consisted of particles, and how do those affect Superman?

Once you do all that, tell me how resisting energy and particles compares to getting hit by a physical object like a moon.

Go ahead, I can wait.

Or, you can just admit that the two are different things... like I already pointed out. Supernovas happen all the time in our galaxy, and yet we here on Earth survive them just fine. Reason? Because we're very far away. This simple bit of logic should tell you that "surviving a supernova" is a pretty useless feat when you dont know any other facts about it.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

I agree with the bold parts. thor relies alot on his magic and strength. The magic may or not maybe be disrupted. but i say probably because thats what Nth metal does. and i dont think its ever failed. and the strength part is great for thor, he just needs to land the hits since Hawkman is faster. If the magic is negated i say hawkman wins. if not, i go with thor.

Pretty much. I'm not saying who I think wins or loses here, only that I disagree with those saying that HM has no chance. HM has taken serious blows from Black Adam (when he wasnt wearing Nth Metal armor), which tells me that he can take blows from Thor and still dish out his own punishment:

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ForeverEvil

@sog7dc said:

.....so its logical for superman to survive a supernova while being weakened by red sun radiation

Yes, it's logical. It depends on many factors... how far was Superman from the supernova? How much total energy did the supernova put out? You got those figures? Good... now divide the total energy by the area of the sphere with radius R, R being the distance from the supernova to Superman. Then multiply by the area of Superman's body... lets assume it's 1.5 m^2. Now you have how much total energy Superman was actually exposed to. Next, figure out what type of energy. We know Superman runs on solar energy, so how much of that energy actually made Superman stronger (sun dip) and how much would have hurt him? How much consisted of particles, and how do those affect Superman?

Once you do all that, tell me how resisting energy and particles compares to getting hit by a physical object like a moon.

Go ahead, I can wait.

Or, you can just admit that the two are different things... like I already pointed out. Supernovas happen all the time in our galaxy, and yet we here on Earth survive them just fine. Reason? Because we're very far away. This simple bit of logic should tell you that "surviving a supernova" is a pretty useless feat when you dont know any other facts about it.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SOG7dc

@sog7dc said:

Go ahead, I can wait.

-pretty close: http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2609412

if a planet werethat close it would have been obliterated

- and i quote "the explosion was about fifty times the size of keplars spernova"

-youre being ridiculous. find me one feat in comics that has that much definition behind i. youre just either lowballing or trolling now and by the by he was being weakend by red sun radiation. the writer even tells us his power is depleting

- how about i ove on and show you superman being hit by two planets?

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2609427

all your doing is givng hawkman waayyyyyy too much credit while lowballing both superman and thor... i presents actual on panel evidence and you ask for things you know dont exist. so how about you got get me the schematics of the horus that prove it hits with the force of the entire planet. showme a chart that details how effective hawkmans healing is. show me hawkman surviving planetary level attacks. show me hawkman surviving something comparable to thors lightening......

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Claw of Horus helps a lot, but Thor still wins

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many meters is "pretty close"?

@sog7dc said:

And you get this from... where? It certainly doesnt say that in the scan. And, BTW, what comic was that scan from? Is it canon?

@sog7dc said:

- and i quote "the explosion was about fifty times the size of keplars spernova"

Which means what?

@sog7dc said:

-youre being ridiculous. find me one feat in comics that has that much definition behind i. youre just either lowballing or trolling now and by the by he was being weakend by red sun radiation. the writer even tells us his power is depleting

I'm not being ridiculous, I'm simply trying to point out what you refuse to acknowledge... that surviving a supernovae at some indeterminate distance from it is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from getting hit by a rock.

@sog7dc said:

And this is relevant, how? Also, what comic is that from?

@sog7dc said:

all your doing is givng hawkman waayyyyyy too much credit while lowballing both superman and thor... i presents actual on panel evidence and you ask for things you know dont exist. so how about you got get me the schematics of the horus that prove it hits with the force of the entire planet. showme a chart that details how effective hawkmans healing is. show me hawkman surviving planetary level attacks. show me hawkman surviving something comparable to thors lightening......

You seem to be confused. I'm not sure why you think I need to provide any of this.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor obviously wins...with the claw however, Carter should be able get a few good hits in before going down hard...it only increases his strength, not his durability.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many meters is "pretty close"?

@sog7dc said:

And you get this from... where? It certainly doesnt say that in the scan. And, BTW, what comic was that scan from? Is it canon?

@sog7dc said:

Which means what?

@sog7dc said:

I'm not being ridiculous, I'm simply trying to point out what you refuse to acknowledge... that surviving a supernovae at some indeterminate distance from it is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from getting hit by a rock.

@sog7dc said:

And this is relevant, how? Also, what comic is that from?

@sog7dc said:

You seem to be confused. I'm not sure why you think I need to provide any of this.

so i need to prove the exact amount of supernova superman took but you dont need to prove anyting? theres a word for that....hypocr.....nah nevermind

its was campm [re-52. the coming of atlas story arc

so the only hpe hawkman has that is trumped two fold by the last scan i posted is irrelevant.....ridiculous. illprove everything you asked for when you hold yourself to the same standard. prove the claw of horus actually hits with that mucch force. get me numbers, schematics,experiment data..... amd ill get you all the info on the supernova you want