• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Colossus666 (259 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hawkman would take Hawkeye. Sorry Clint

#3 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is one of my favorite characters, but I don't see that there's anything he could do to really hurt Hawkman.

#4 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say that Clint can pull it off 1 or 2 times, but Hawkman for the majority.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

If Hawkeye has his standard Equipment..he wins.

#6 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"If Hawkeye has his standard Equipment..he wins."
Second that
#7 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:

really? explain further for me.
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
Strafe Prower said:
"Vance Astro said:

really? explain further for me."
Hawkeye has several different types of arrows that could subdue Hawkman.People sleep on Hawkeye...I have seen him take down the Hulk and the Original Thunderbolts.
#9 Posted by Shonen (692 posts) - - Show Bio
Strafe Prower said:
"Vance Astro said:

Flying object vs archer videogame logic principle (e.g Fire emblem) I'm guessing.
#10 Posted by Shonen (692 posts) - - Show Bio
Strafe Prower said:
"Vance Astro said:

Flying object vs archer videogame logic principle (e.g Fire emblem) I'm guessing.
#11 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"Vance Astro said:

Hawkeye has several different types of arrows that could subdue Hawkman.People sleep on Hawkeye...I have seen him take down the Hulk and the Original Thunderbolts."
Really? He took down the Hulk? I don't remember that happening...
#12 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"Vance Astro said:

Hawkeye has several different types of arrows that could subdue Hawkman.People sleep on Hawkeye...I have seen him take down the Hulk and the Original Thunderbolts."
He took down the Hulk in Ultimate Universe. Did he do it in 616 too?
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"Vance Astro said:

He took down the Hulk in Ultimate Universe. Did he do it in 616 too?"
Yes.I think he had prep though..his arrow turned Hulk back into Banner.
#14 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"Vance Astro said:

He took down the Hulk in Ultimate Universe. Did he do it in 616 too?"
Yes.I think he had prep though..his arrow turned Hulk back into Banner."
Cool, I could see that.
#15 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he beat Abomination once as well.

I just thought was Hawkman was a little more skilled than hulk and faster. Not to mention the strength and flying factors.

#16 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Well there is no arrow that turns Hawkman into something that can't beat Hawkeye.

I like Clint a lot better (except when he's a ninja) but Carter takes this fight handily.

#17 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

hawkeye could probaly pull it off but i say hawkman has greater chance

#18 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

An arrow of plot device is the only way Hawkeye can win.

He's fast, he's accurate, but Carter is even faster, incredibly tough and can take oh Clint in one shot.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"An arrow of plot device is the only way Hawkeye can win.

He's fast, he's accurate, but Carter is even faster, incredibly tough and can take oh Clint in one shot."
How fast is Carter?
#20 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman

#21 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Zoom said:

He's fast, he's accurate, but Carter is even faster, incredibly tough and can take oh Clint in one shot."
How fast is Carter?"
I don't know, but he can sure cover ground faster than Clint.  Maybe not quite as maneuverable but not to the point where he won't bring Clint down sooner than later.
#22 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Zoom said:

How fast is Carter?"
I don't know, but he can sure cover ground faster than Clint.  Maybe not quite as maneuverable but not to the point where he won't bring Clint down sooner than later."

Have you seen the type of arrows Clint uses? I don't see Hawkman coming at Hawkeye doing any good. Clint has blinding arrows and trap arrows. Hawkman would have to out maneveur(ms?) him
#23 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I know what kind of arrows Hawkeye has but I don't see any of it bringing Hawkman down.

Just because he can avoid the rookies in the Thunderbolts for awhile doesn't mean he can avoid a guy who has been fighting for centuries before Clint was born.

#24 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I know what kind of arrows Hawkeye has but I don't see any of it bringing Hawkman down.

Just because he can avoid the rookies in the Thunderbolts for awhile doesn't mean he can avoid a guy who has been fighting for centuries before Clint was born.

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"I know what kind of arrows Hawkeye has but I don't see any of it bringing Hawkman down.

Just because he can avoid the rookies in the Thunderbolts for awhile doesn't mean he can avoid a guy who has been fighting for centuries before Clint was born."
When you say Rookies..who are you talking about? Hawkeye beat the Classic Thunderbolts.There isn't one rookie in the bunch.Hell Zemo has been around longer than Clint.
#26 Posted by King Saturn (223796 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkman wins
#27 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Zoom said:
"I know what kind of arrows Hawkeye has but I don't see any of it bringing Hawkman down.

Just because he can avoid the rookies in the Thunderbolts for awhile doesn't mean he can avoid a guy who has been fighting for centuries before Clint was born."
When you say Rookies..who are you talking about? Hawkeye beat the Classic Thunderbolts.There isn't one rookie in the bunch.Hell Zemo has been around longer than Clint."
Goliath, Jolt, Songbird?  These people weren't rookies when Hawkeye was running with them?

Or are we talking about an earlier fight?  I seem to remember Hawkeye and Zemo not being on the team at the same time but its been several years since I read a classic Thunderbolts comic.
#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Zoom said:

When you say Rookies..who are you talking about? Hawkeye beat the Classic Thunderbolts.There isn't one rookie in the bunch.Hell Zemo has been around longer than Clint."
Goliath, Jolt, Songbird?  These people weren't rookies when Hawkeye was running with them?

Or are we talking about an earlier fight?  I seem to remember Hawkeye and Zemo not being on the team at the same time but its been several years since I read a classic Thunderbolts comic."
Goliath and Songbird..no.Jolt Yes.
Zemo might have left a few issues after Hawkeye joined up.I remember him being in the issue where Hawkeye made out with Moonstone.
#29 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

naw zemo and hawkeye weren't in at the same time
zemo left and hawkeye took over if i recall

#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"naw zemo and hawkeye weren't in at the same time
zemo left and hawkeye took over if i recall"
They didn't have a long run as teammates but Zemo was there when Hawkeye owned them.I don't think he was even part of the team at that point.
#31 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

when hawkeye owned the thunderbolts?
he just took over at that point

#32 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, Hawkeye Took out Abomination with an arrow before. I don't see Hawkman brushing them off.

#33 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Goliath and Songbird..no.Jolt Yes."
Oh please.  How many times did Screaming Mimi appear before she joined the Thunderbolts? 15 to 20?  How many of those times didn't involve her getting her butt handed to her?  4?

Hawkeye joined the Thunderbolts like 10 issues in.  Songbird and Atlas were still for all practical purposes rookies at that point.  The way I see it, the only reason he was able to dodge their attacks was because he had a whole heck of a lot of experience and they were pretty green and weren't using teamwork.
#34 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Strafe Prower said:
"By the way, Hawkeye Took out Abomination with an arrow before. I don't see Hawkman brushing them off."
Gee.  Could it have been the same kinda arrow that took down the Hulk?

Again, an arrow that takes away gamma or the like isn't gonna do much to Hawkman.  There isn't a magic arrow of plot device for him.
#35 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Again, an arrow that takes away gamma or the like isn't gonna do much to Hawkman.  There isn't a magic arrow of plot device for him."
What about a magic arrow of knockout gas? Or a magic arrow of exploding in your face?
#36 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

or a simple net arrow can do the trick

#37 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"or a simple net arrow can do the trick"
Couldn't his wings cut the net or something? I'd just use Mace (get it?).
#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Goliath and Songbird..no.Jolt Yes."
Oh please.  How many times did Screaming Mimi appear before she joined the Thunderbolts? 15 to 20?  How many of those times didn't involve her getting her butt handed to her?  4?

Hawkeye joined the Thunderbolts like 10 issues in.  Songbird and Atlas were still for all practical purposes rookies at that point.  The way I see it, the only reason he was able to dodge their attacks was because he had a whole heck of a lot of experience and they were pretty green and weren't using teamwork."
Even assuming that they were rookies..based on their powers alone it's still quite a feat.Hawkeye couldn't have done that to the Initiative rookies.
#39 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"geraldthesloth said:
Couldn't his wings cut the net or something? I'd just use Mace (get it?)."
zing!
#40 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"By the way, Hawkeye Took out Abomination with an arrow before. I don't see Hawkman brushing them off."
Gee.  Could it have been the same kinda arrow that took down the Hulk?

Again, an arrow that takes away gamma or the like isn't gonna do much to Hawkman.  There isn't a magic arrow of plot device for him."

No, it could be an exploding arrow, shocking arrow, or knockout arrow. he also has some magnetic arrows that would be quite useful agaist Hawkman and his mace.
#41 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Zoom said:
"Again, an arrow that takes away gamma or the like isn't gonna do much to Hawkman.  There isn't a magic arrow of plot device for him."
What about a magic arrow of knockout gas? Or a magic arrow of exploding in your face?"
Strafe Prower said:
"No, it could be an exploding arrow, shocking arrow, or knockout arrow. he also has some magnetic arrows that would be quite useful agaist Hawkman and his mace."

Have you guys seen Hawkman?  The guy gets an axe buried five inches into his arm and just pulls the axe right out like its nothing.  He gets blasted with fire and laughes.  That crap isn't gonna take him down.

geraldthesloth said:
For all of one second before Carter snaps it.

Vance Astro said:
"Zoom said: Even assuming that they were rookies..based on their powers alone it's still quite a feat.Hawkeye couldn't have done that to the Initiative rookies."
Quite a feat for Hawkeye.  But he didn't beat them either.  He just dodged them.

Hawkman would have hospitalized the whole lot, starting with Atlas.
#42 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hawkeye could win this. He has several arrows that could give him an edge in battle.

#43 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
Quite a feat for Hawkeye.  But he didn't beat them either.  He just dodged them.

Hawkman would have hospitalized the whole lot, starting with Atlas.
"
C'mon Zoom.you know as well as I do..Hawkeye did alot more than dodge them.

#44 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Have you guys seen Hawkman?  The guy gets an axe buried five inches into his arm and just pulls the axe right out like its nothing.  He gets blasted with fire and laughes.  That crap isn't gonna take him down."
Enough tranquilizer/knockout gas has taken out the Hulk and other heavy hitters. I don't see why it wouldn't work on Hawkman. Also, being blinded is hard to deal with. As the scans above show, Hawkeye is perfectly capable of multi-tasking his way to victory against a number of super-powered opponents. I don't think it's a stretch to say he could find a combination of arrows that would take Hawkman out.
#45 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"C'mon Zoom.you know as well as I do..Hawkeye did alot more than dodge them."
I don't see a single Thunderbolt koed from that second issue.  Not to mention, as I stated earlier, they're acting like a bunch of rookies knocking into each other.  Its only impressive because Hawkeye is "only human."

You really think Hawkman couldn't have taken all of them down?

Korg said:
"Enough tranquilizer/knockout gas has taken out the Hulk"
Sure.  For a few minutes.  In the 70s.

Korg said:
"I don't see why it wouldn't work on Hawkman. Also, being blinded is hard to deal with. As the scans above show, Hawkeye is perfectly capable of multi-tasking his way to victory against a number of super-powered opponents. I don't think it's a stretch to say he could find a combination of arrows that would take Hawkman out."
Its not a stretch to say he could find a combination to take Hawkman out.  Its a stretch to say he could do it before Hawkman plants a mace upside his head.

#46 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

As an aside, I can't believe I'm even arguing this.  I dislike Hawkman and downright loathe Hawkgirl.

#47 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye wins. Carter is a downright beast... but the fact that he can be separated from his harness rubs me the wrong way in a fight like this. Hawkeye would know Carter's wings are not attached from the way they move (he doesn't flap them much because he doesn't need to). From then on, Hawkeye would need only to cut off Hawkman's harness with a normal arrow, and he goes down, easy shot for someone like Hawkeye. Alternatively, Hawkeye could use Pym Particles to grow, or to shrink Hawkman to a non-threatening size. He could use a heavy amount of tranquilizers, sonic arrows, or even the arrow he used against Abomination (it is an arrow that could pierce Ultron and deliver a massive electrical discharge from inside, but he ended up using it on Abomination).

#48 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman

#49 Posted by Deathstrokesrevenge (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman wins this

#50 Posted by jashro44 (19528 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to go with hawkeye from the very little I have seen of the two. I can be convinced otherwise though.