• 78 results
#1 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

I think aquaman's got the smarts to win, but i'm gonna go with hawkman! he's a bit of a beast with that mace when he comes to fights!

#3 Posted by Cap. Briny (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman is a superior fighter and has weaponry, but Aquaman is smarter, I say Hawkman for Aquamans lack of offense. If it was a boxing match I would give it to Aquaman but alas it is not.

#4 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wields a Trident and is a master swordsmen. He's every bit as strong as Hawkman (even out of water)

#5 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Cold battle mane. I would think Aquaman intially because his durability and strength are superior, but the evasive maneuvers and tactical sense coupled with the altitude (high ground)and weaponry Hawkman has at his disposal makes this a war.

I think in the end the sea king will win. How exactly I am uncertain.

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

original or current aquaman?

#7 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

On land, Aquaman's strength (60 tons) is greater than Hawkman's (50 tons). In water, Aquaman strength increases (1000 tons). But, I doubt Hawkman would even fight Aquaman in the water. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but he won't be able to make full use of his evasive maneuvers underwater to fight Aquaman. And, strength isn't everything in a fight. On land, I'd have to give it to Hawkman, because of his lifetime experience as a warrior in armed and unarmed combat and tactical nature.

#8 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and Hawkman are that strong? 1000 tons? Hawky is 50tons? Since when?

#9 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Aquaman and Hawkman are that strong? 1000 tons? Hawky is 50tons? Since when?"

http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Strength_Scale

I'm guessing his exposure to the Nth metal gives him that ability. As for Aquaman, well, he's an Atlantian, right? LOL
Post Edited:2007-12-18 20:11:10

#10 Posted by Cap. Briny (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"On land, Aquaman's strength (60 tons) is greater than Hawkman's (50 tons). In water, Aquaman strength increases (1000 tons). But, I doubt Hawkman would even fight Aquaman in the water. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but he won't be able to make full use of his evasive maneuvers underwater to fight Aquaman. And, strength isn't everything in a fight. On land, I'd have to give it to Hawkman, because of his lifetime experience as a warrior in armed and unarmed combat and tactical nature."

Oh my god? I didn't know Aquaman was that strong, holy crap! Well they both are masters of weapons and both have super strength, but Aquaman is stronger and smarter.

Unless Hawkman has the Claw of Horus then I see Aquaman winning.

#11 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman's strength is always overlooked. The dude is a tank, as is Hawkman, but I've seen Batman put Hawky on his ass with one punch. Where as Aquaman has held his own against Superman on more then one occasion.

#12 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Ambrose Avatars FTW!

#13 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Aquaman's strength is always overlooked. The dude is a tank, as is Hawkman, but I've seen Batman put Hawky on his ass with one punch. Where as Aquaman has held his own against Superman on more then one occasion. "

When Hawkman was knocked on his @$$, did he have the Nth Metal in his possession!?

#14 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Gambler says:
"Aquaman's strength is always overlooked. The dude is a tank, as is Hawkman, but I've seen Batman put Hawky on his ass with one punch. Where as Aquaman has held his own against Superman on more then one occasion. "

When Hawkman was knocked on his @$$, did he have the Nth Metal in his possession!?"

Its Batman, it was a sucker punch :P

#15 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Static Shock says:
"Gambler says:

When Hawkman was knocked on his @$$, did he have the Nth Metal in his possession!?"

Its Batman, it was a sucker punch :P"

Oh... LMAO.

#16 Posted by MrDirector786 (43370 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

Also, I say Hawkman.

#17 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

hawkman

#18 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Strength_Scale"
Thats a wiki with no freaking citations on most of the data (and information that isn't actually there if you follow the few citations, notably Aquaman's).

Grodd is way over 10 tons.
Atom smasher is probably more than 15 tons.
Not believing Killer Croc can lift 10 tons.

Not entirely sure I believe Aquaman is 60 tons on land but my belief one way or the other certainly isn't changed by that site.

#19 Posted by cagane (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

I think Hawkman is closer one to the victory?

#20 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Aquaman

#21 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, still.
#22 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cap. Briny said:
"

Static Shock says:

"On land, Aquaman's strength (60 tons) is greater than Hawkman's (50 tons). In water, Aquaman strength increases (1000 tons). But, I doubt Hawkman would even fight Aquaman in the water. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but he won't be able to make full use of his evasive maneuvers underwater to fight Aquaman. And, strength isn't everything in a fight. On land, I'd have to give it to Hawkman, because of his lifetime experience as a warrior in armed and unarmed combat and tactical nature."

Oh my god? I didn't know Aquaman was that strong, holy crap! Well they both are masters of weapons and both have super strength, but Aquaman is stronger and smarter.

Unless Hawkman has the Claw of Horus then I see Aquaman winning.

"

Lol if Aquaman lifting up 1000 tons impresses you, You'll orgasm over PC Superman.
#23 Edited by Raw_Material (3208 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. All he has to do his drown Hawkman. In comparison to a shark drowning a bird. Aqua can fly in and out of the water, having that advantage he can use both of the battle fields, benefiting him in the long run. Also he can summon sharks and $#@% out of the water using his telepathic abilities. That's pretty badass.

#24 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

In light of current events; BUMP

#25 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins pretty easily imo. The guy is a tank

#26 Posted by kingsloth (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#27 Posted by sinestro_GL (3030 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

In light of current events; BUMP

:) Was just going to find one of these (Y)

n52 Aquaman wins! He's da man...or da fish...

#28 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman I think

#29 Posted by jwalser3 (4793 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman! I was out raged that Waller thinks he can take on Arthur!

#30 Posted by King_Namor (649 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman!!!

#31 Posted by whoohoo789 (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@static_shock:

remember Aquaman has also trained as a warrior,however I'm not gonna say because they are both well trained battle warriors.

#32 Posted by leonkarlen123 (3605 posts) - - Show Bio

They have already fought and Hawkman won pretty rapidly

#33 Posted by XiiX (7070 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#34 Posted by beatboks1 (6931 posts) - - Show Bio

They have already fought and Hawkman won pretty rapidly

Not how I recall it, Arthur Clearly won

#35 Edited by leonkarlen123 (3605 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: See how it continues.. I believe Hawkman beat aquaman once

#36 Edited by beatboks1 (6931 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: See how it continues.. I believe Hawkman beat aquaman once

I can't recall a single instance. I can recall Arthur once soloing ( to a match not victory) a version of the JLA that included Wonder Woman, MMH, Warrior (Guy Gardner) and others.

Arthur is vastly stronger than Carter, his feats include, lifting ocean liners, over turning oil rigs, supporting an 11 story highrise while it was evacuated when it was collapsing, lifting a building from it's foundations under water to level it ( New Venice era) and the Sub Diego feat where he lifted an underwater city block.

He's vastly faster with speed feats that include outracing an overhead concord Jet in water, and running on land across country at 175MPH (Detroit era JLA).

He has durability that has allowed him to tank energy blasts, lightning, plasma blasts, explosions, low caliber bullets, blows from Wonder Woman that Knocked him through a wall across a city and through another wall and he just got straight back up

What exactly is Carter supposed to do to him???

And this is without the 100's of times he's mindraped, used his TP as esp to know what someone's going to do etc.

#37 Edited by Ostyo (6247 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman curbstomps and New52 Aquaman murderstomps.

#38 Edited by Dratini1331 (6883 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#39 Posted by reaverlation (13107 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman unless Hawkman hits Arthur with the force of the planet

#40 Posted by TBEMrMcCoy (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman flys down to attack and Aquaman jumps out of the water with his indestructible trident in one hand with ten sharks around him. Hawkman connects with his mace but Aquaman blocks it with his trident. While these two fight the shark proceed to rip the flesh off of Hawkman in chunks. Then Aquaman pierces his chest with his trident and drowns him while the sharks eat the carcass. Not saying Hawkman wouldn't get some nasty blows in with that mace in the meantime. Aquaman would have serious injuries to heal from after Hawkmans blitz rage.

#41 Posted by generator2000 (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is stronger, no doubt, but his durability is crap. He got is hand eaten by pirahnas, he couldn't take too many hits from Hawkman's mace. I still haven't mentioned that Hawkman could use the Claw of Horus and knock Aquaman into oblivion, but apparently, Aquaman lost to Hawkman, if the scan above was right.

#42 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11276 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins in water...nowhere else.

#43 Edited by tomlikesfries (4624 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

Couldn't Aquaman put Hawkman down with TP?

#44 Posted by Alvy (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say Hawkman got da advantage here cuz he's a flying hero while Aqua man is a water type... Da fight would last for some time but Hawkman can take out Aqua man only if..... Aqua man can somehow pull Hawk man into da water it'll be a easy win for him...

#45 Posted by WillPayton (9029 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins. He's got the TP advantage, strength, and durability. Probably also speed.

#46 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11276 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

Couldn't Aquaman put Hawkman down with TP?

No, Hawkman has TP resistance...

#47 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11276 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman wins. He's got the TP advantage, strength, and durability. Probably also speed.

Hawkman has TP resistance, better regen and is most definitely faster while flying, has better bullet time feats and can see the Flash while he's vibrating...

#48 Posted by beatboks1 (6931 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is stronger, no doubt, but his durability is crap. He got is hand eaten by pirahnas, he couldn't take too many hits from Hawkman's mace. I still haven't mentioned that Hawkman could use the Claw of Horus and knock Aquaman into oblivion, but apparently, Aquaman lost to Hawkman, if the scan above was right.

His durability isn't crap the way they chose to make that change was just an example of very poor writing.

A blow from Wonder Woman is greater than anything save the claw of Horus that Hawkman could throw and Arthur and despite striking him hard enough to send him out a building and across to the next and into a wall didn't even KO him. The dozens of other times that he's tanked blows from Superman, Lobo, Superboy (who he easily beat), MMH, and countless others with much greater striking power than Carter don't speak well for Carter either.

The Claw BTW isn't standard gear for Carter, he's used it a half dozen times only and had to go get it in prep to use. So since the OP never gave it to him it's not in the battle.

Also as I said when I posted those scans Arthur won that fight, Carter was only on top for a moment due to surprise strike from his wing.

@willpayton said:

Hawkman has TP resistance, better regen and is most definitely faster while flying, has better bullet time feats and can see the Flash while he's vibrating...

Regarding the underlined, SINCE WHEN ?

I can think of at least 14 other occasions where TP wrecked Hawkman so seriously doubt it.

As to the bolded more like even, The Nth metal does give hawk a healing factor and increases his resilience but Arthur also has a HF and was once told by doctors because he as never allowed himself any rest after an injury (due to how quickly he heals) that his body was nothing but amass scar tissue that needed rest.

In the four preceding issues to this there had been 6 attempts of Arthur's life, hell the reason he was in the hospital to begin with was that an explosion brought a building down on him a page or two earlier. Compare this to Carter

Yes he took a lot of punishment from BA but he was definitely damaged and was still showing signs in the following issue. Carter has better healing feats too of course but I'd rate their healing factors about even.

#49 Posted by TDK_1997 (14388 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that Hawkman has anything to throw against Aquaman that would make him win this battle.

#50 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32047 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

I don't think that Hawkman has anything to throw against Aquaman that would make him win this battle.

I think it's a lot closer than people are making out, the Nth metal bonds with Katar and put's his strength level and durability about even.