• Latest version of philip Urich
  • New 52 Hawkman
  • No help
  • Standart gears
  • Battle starts 100 feet away
  • Morals off for both
  • Wins by death

#2 Posted by jashro44 (23702 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Hawkman have a counter for the lunatic laugh?

#3 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3657 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Tell me more about this "lunatic laugh", kind sir. It could help me make my decision.

#4 Posted by jashro44 (23702 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Tell me more about this "lunatic laugh", kind sir. It could help me make my decision.

Its pretty much the exact same ability as creepers laugh.

Here is spider-man describing the laugh. I think if Hawkman can counter it he will win otherwise I think Phil has the advantage.

#5 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose Carter's Nth metal armour could possibly counter the lunatic laugh. If so, he has the advantage in straight up combat. If not, I don't see how Carter stands a chance.

#6 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3657 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Gotcha. Hawkman's healing factor is pretty good, so it might serve him well here. That, and his flight speed, combat skills, and long range attack options should help him severely overpower Hobgoblin.

#7 Posted by BWANASIMBA (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Hawkman has the same personality New 52 as he did pre-52? Pre-52 Hawkman's one of the more... brutal superheroes, Phil might not even have time to employ the lunatic laugh before Carter kills him.

#8 Posted by jashro44 (23702 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Gotcha. Hawkman's healing factor is pretty good, so it might serve him well here. That, and his flight speed, combat skills, and long range attack options should help him severely overpower Hobgoblin.

Yea I have always found it hard to tell how the laugh would affect someone with a healing factor. If his healing factor allow him to resist the affects he will probably win.

#9 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3657 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Yea I have always found it hard to tell how the laugh would affect someone with a healing factor. If his healing factor allow him to resist the affects he will probably win.

He might initially be dizzy as hell, but as soon as he gets his bearings together, he WILL separate Ulrich's head from his shoulders. Afterwards, he'd probably punt said head across NYC for a field goal (lol)!

#10 Posted by jashro44 (23702 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Yea I have always found it hard to tell how the laugh would affect someone with a healing factor. If his healing factor allow him to resist the affects he will probably win.

He might initially be dizzy as hell, but as soon as he gets his bearings together, he WILL separate Ulrich's head from his shoulders. Afterwards, he'd probably punt said head across NYC for a field goal (lol)!

LOL yea your probably right!

#11 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3657 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: LOL yea your probably right!

If Carter had anything close to a sense of humor, he'd probably say something like, "Get that weak s**t outta here son! My mama screams louder than that! And she's been dead for 4500 years!" LOL!

#12 Posted by sync1 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman wins. His healing factor works pretty fast.

#13 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9142 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#14 Edited by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Phil might take it with his weapons and that Sonic attack.

#15 Edited by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah,I definitely think his weapons would too much for Hawkman (even since he was affected by Vibes Vibration attack in JLA) and his sword and bombs may take him out.At the same time with his healing factor and close range attacks (and Nth Metal),it is also in Hawkman's favor.

EDIT: Ya know what?

nevermind,I think Hawkman takes this. The Sonic attack would affect him severely,but he should get back up like a few minutes later and when he gets his bearings together he will take down Phil Urich.

To be honest,Phil isn't really that powerful.....All he's got going on for him is the laugh. Hawkman is like..far more powerful.

However,I don't really like subjective comparisons towards DC/Marvel.They're my favorite companies (I like them equally),and when it comes to things that are a bit subjective...I don't really like to compare.That also includes "Who do you think would win" threads or anything opinionated. However,at the same time I guess this wouldn't really count being that Phil is obviously out of his league...it's like comparing Batman and High Evolutionary...there is already a clear victor in the fight. It's also like comparing The Talon's healing factor against Wolverines (The Talon's healing and skill isn't even in the same league as Logans).So,while I hate comparing subjectively,some things are a bit...obvious.

How about this? I just hate comparing the two.

I mainly hate subjective/opinionated ones. Battles DO count. In other times,like ones that I stated where there is a clear victor,it would kinda be a bit more....objective.

#16 Edited by matchesmalone21 (9142 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman.

#18 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman, if he can counter the laughter.

#19 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12349 posts) - - Show Bio

damn, pretty cool thread.

#20 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Won't the Claw of Horus cancel out Hobgoblin's demonic powers?

#21 Posted by dondave (38784 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman

#22 Edited by matchesmalone21 (9142 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: This isn't the Demongoblin (Jason Macendale) and Hawkman (New 52) doesn't have the Claw of Horus.

#23 Edited by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman should take the win here. Urich's sonic laugh would knock him for a loop at first but the Nth Metal armour has shown great adaptive and healing powers. Once the laugh is taken out of the equation, Urich is massively outclassed by Hawkman in terms of stats and weaponry. The moment Urich gets too close, Hawkman would slaughter him in close combat.

#24 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9142 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by RenaissanceMan (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman imo