Hawkeye's reaction time vs Arrow's reaction time

jaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jaller

Hawkeye has effectively dodged laser fire in both Avengers movies. In the beginning of the first movie, Clint dodged Loki's scepter blast (an infinity stone) twice at fairly close range, reacting only AFTER the laser was fired. Jump to the 1:03 mark.

He later goes on to dodge laser fire from an Ultron drone in the second movie at what is once again fairly close range.

Jump to :053

Meanwhile Oliver has showcased numerous times his quick reaction ability by catching arrows and or shooting already fired arrows with one of his own. Jump to 1:13

Both very impressive feats in their own right. Now my question is who has the better reaction speed? Is constantly avoiding laser fire harder than catching an arrow? If they switched positions do you think they could replicate each others feats? This isn't who is the better archer since they are both exceptional. This is who is the quicker combatant?

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

arrow

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Arrow. Those are good feats for Hawkeye but Arrow has better ones. Thor dodged laser blasts from very close range too.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with those energy blasts is that it was never specified how fast they actually move. We have one brief scene during the Cap movie, where a blast moves roughly just as fast as Cap's shield when he throws it, but that's not exactly flattering speed. My estimate would be 20 FPS at most.

People misuse the word laser too often. A laser is an actual, specific thing, you can't just classify all energy as a laser. Calling the Tesseract energy laser projectiles is like if Arrow dodged a cannonball and I said he dodged a tank shell. They are literally two separate things.

jaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with those energy blasts is that it was never specified how fast they actually move. We have one brief scene during the Cap movie, where a blast moves roughly just as fast as Cap's shield when he throws it, but that's not exactly flattering speed. My estimate would be 20 FPS at most.

People misuse the word laser too often. A laser is an actual, specific thing, you can't just classify all energy as a laser. Calling the Tesseract energy laser projectiles is like if Arrow dodged a cannonball and I said he dodged a tank shell. They are literally two separate things.

So how fast do you think those blasts were?

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Imperfect_Cell

Hawkeye is FTL confirmed.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a shootout or at longe range its hawkeyes fight to lose get in close and ollie stomps

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First Hawkeye reaction is unimpressive, I would be impressed if peak human archer couldn't dodge an energy blast from such a long range.

Mythbusters already proved that with enough training and distance it's possible to dodge a bullet, since 1 of them did it.

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chu42t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chu42t
  1. The projectiles weren't moving all that fast. Certainly slower than an arrow.
  2. Arrow catching type reaction requires skill. Energy dodging does not.
  3. Shooting arrows out of the sky requires extreme skill, precision, and speed. No doubt an amazing feat, considering the size and velocity of any arrow.

Verdict: Green Arrow destroys Hawkeye.

chu42t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By renamed040924

@sirneko: wtf? lol can you post a link or tell me which episode it was that the Mythbusters trained themselves to dodge a bullet?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaller: The only quantifiable instance is when one blast moved at the same speed as Captain America's shield. That would be like, 20 FPS. Nothing impressive, as far as fictional peak humans go at least.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: yeah I kinda want to know that too

As for the discussion, the first one isn't that impressive, by the look of Loki's face, you knew something was gonna happen.

The second one is good, but as others have said, it's speed is unquantifiable

Catching an arrow is....well, Ollie stomps

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gonna go with Hawkeye in this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko said:

First Hawkeye reaction is unimpressive, I would be impressed if peak human archer couldn't dodge an energy blast from such a long range.

Mythbusters already proved that with enough training and distance it's possible to dodge a bullet, since 1 of them did it.

They only managed to do it at a rally long range, and using Hollywood blanks that make the large smoke and light that we see in movies. They even said that without they blank they would have no shot of even seeing the bullet.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko said:

They only managed to do it at a rally long range, and using Hollywood blanks that make the large smoke and light that we see in movies. They even said that without they blank they would have no shot of even seeing the bullet.

The energy there moved a lot slower and had even bigger light source.

@sirneko: wtf? lol can you post a link or tell me which episode it was that the Mythbusters trained themselves to dodge a bullet?

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: exactly so it isn't too impressive

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: Of course it's possible to dodge a bullet given enough distance, it's possible to dodge anything given enough distance, that statement is meaningless. I could dodge light given enough distance.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: Of course it's possible to dodge a bullet given enough distance, it's possible to dodge anything given enough distance, that statement is meaningless. I could dodge light given enough distance.

Light moves 7.48 times around the Earth in a second. On Earth there is no distance you could be to dodge it.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

should be close

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Arrow's reaction feats are way better. You didn't even mention some of his best ones. Like this.

No Caption Provided

He didn't even pull his bow back until the guy fired his m203

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree we should race Hawkeye and Flash quick somebody make a thread. Also does it bug anyone else when people call GREEN Arrow just Arrow? Like really it pisses me off almost as much as the Flash season finale episode was total ass. Like for real all the episodes were badass until the last one CUTS THE HELL OFF WHEN HE GOES INTOTHE BLACK HOLE NOW I NEED TO WAIT TIL FALL.

I blame Obama

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@force_echo: and how would you know that "light" was coming your way ?

@sirneko said:
@force_echo said:

Light moves 7.48 times around the Earth in a second. On Earth there is no distance you could be to dodge it.

The main problem is that there is no way to know that light is coming your way. If a bullet is shot at you, the light from the shot reaches your eye faster than the bullet reaches your skull, therefor, you could, theoretically, react before the bullet reaches you. Now if a light beam is shot at you, no information can travel fast enough to "warn" you.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SirNeko

@leito said:

@sirneko said:
@force_echo said:

The main problem is that there is no way to know that light is coming your way. If a bullet is shot at you, the light from the shot reaches your eye faster than the bullet reaches your skull, therefor, you could, theoretically, react before the bullet reaches you. Now if a light beam is shot at you, no information can travel fast enough to "warn" you.

Tell that to Wally West.

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: All I'm saying is that, "in real world", there is no way to "dodge" light (if the light beam is already on its way). It is not a matter of distance.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leito said:

@sirneko: All I'm saying is that, "in real world", there is no way to "dodge" light (if the light beam is already on its way). It is not a matter of distance.

No Caption Provided

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AngryHulks

@sirneko said:
@leito said:

@sirneko said:
@force_echo said:

Tell that to Wally West.

Technically even if you're fast enough to react to light, you wouldn't be able to see it approaching you unless that light beam also comes with hypothetical particles that can travel faster than light.

But hey, it's comic book logic, maybe Wally has "Tachyon vision" or something.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko said:
@leito said:

@sirneko said:
@force_echo said:

Tell that to Wally West.

Technically even if you're fast enough to react to light, you wouldn't be able to see it approaching you unless that light beam also comes with hypothetical particles that can travel faster than light.

But hey, it's comic book logic, maybe Wally has "Tachyon vision" or something.

I am pretty sure Wally has stated in the comics that he can see light in a stand still when he runs faster than light.

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By leito

@sirneko said:
@leito said:

No Caption Provided

There is no way you are Joseph Ducreux ! You'd be almost 300 years old !

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks: dude half the convesation about dodging light makes you sound like a crackhead but as i said before:

Blame Obama

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Arrow reacted to Flash.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leito said:

@sirneko said:
@force_echo said:

If I knew beforehand. As in, light is going to be shot from this location in 10 seconds, dodge it.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leito said:

@sirneko said:
@force_echo said:

If I knew beforehand. As in, light is going to be shot from this location in 10 seconds, dodge it.

Mythbusters hosts didn't know when the shot was coming, they had to see the light to dodge it. Like I said before light travels around the Earth 7.48 times in a single second. There is no distance on Earth you could dodge Light.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: I never said anything about a myth buster episode, And despite the fact that it is possible to dodge something in 1/7 of a second, I never said the light had to originate on Earth. I said that you could dodge light given enough distance, which is true.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

hawkeye

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: I never said anything about a myth buster episode, And despite the fact that it is possible to dodge something in 1/7 of a second, I never said the light had to originate on Earth. I said that you could dodge light given enough distance, which is true.

If you are talking about distance in general your initial post to me was pointless.