Hawkeye and Green Arrow

vs

Captain America and Deadpool

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Team 1 is using all of their arrows
  • Deadpool has no healing factor
  • This is pre 52 Oliver
  • Team 1 has an unlimited supply of every trick arrow listed here(under their name only).
  • Deadpool has two katanas, two uzis, one ak 47, frag grenade(the last three are in unlimited supply)
  • Win by K.O. of both team members only.
  • No time limit.
Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Haaydrian

Team 1 simply because you've given them an arsenal which compensates for what the lack in other areas. They can spam as much as they want of whatever arrow with no worries.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By tg1982

With morals on, I don't see Hawkeye or Green Arrow using a lot of the arrows mentioned at least not effectively, meanwhile i don't see Deadpool really being that impressive without his healing factor. I honestly think this could go either way, with a possible slight edge to team two (Cap and DP).

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chaos-soul

dead pool via uzi spam witch is in his character

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jashro44

@tg1982 said:

With morals on, I don't see Hawkeye or Green Arrow using a lot of the arrows mentioned at least not effectively, meanwhile i don't see Deadpool really being that impressive without his healing factor. I honestly think this could go either way, with a possible slight edge to team two (Cap and DP).

This all though I disagree about deadpool being unimpressive without his healing factor.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Haaydrian

@jashro44 said:

@tg1982 said:

This all though I disagree about deadpool being unimpressive without his healing factor.

I don't see how that's the case? Why would either one of them not use the arrows that they already use, just with more regularity as they don't have to save them?

Spam sonic arrows. Morals has nothing to do with it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jashro44

@Haaydrian said:

@jashro44 said:

@tg1982 said:

I don't see how that's the case? Why would either one of them not use the arrows that they already use, just with more regularity as they don't have to save them?

Spam sonic arrows. Morals has nothing to do with it.

Neither really use sonic arrows much in character from what I have seen so I doubt they will spam them. Not to mention distance isn't specified so they don't have much range here. Deadpool and cap are going to be on them really quickly.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Haaydrian

@jashro44 said:

Neither really use sonic arrows much in character from what I have seen so I doubt they will spam them. Not to mention distance isn't specified so they don't have much range here. Deadpool and cap are going to be on them really quickly.

No, because their supply of each arrow is limited, here they have as many arrows as they want magically supplied to them so they don't have to worry about managing arrows. As for the use of sonic arrows, it is in character for them to use it. Sure it is not in-character for them to use it in every encounter, but there is no reason why they shouldn't be using them in this battle.

As for the range, there are a bunch of trees which means they'll both have to intercept them in their path to the archers. This would give the latter group enough time to put them down with a mixture of smoke arrows, sonic arrows and quantum arrows.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jashro44

@Haaydrian said:

@jashro44 said:

No, because their supply of each arrow is limited, here they have as many arrows as they want magically supplied to them so they don't have to worry about managing arrows. As for the use of sonic arrows, it is in character for them to use it. Sure it is not in-character for them to use it in every encounter, but there is no reason why they shouldn't be using them in this battle.

As for the range, there are a bunch of trees which means they'll both have to intercept them in their path to the archers. This would give the latter group enough time to put them down with a mixture of smoke arrows, sonic arrows and quantum arrows.

No there not going to use sonic arrows here because they both rarely use them. List some examples of them using it in character. It doesn't matter how many they have, they will definitely not be starting the match off with sonic arrows. And it really doesn't take long to run around some trees, especially for 2 enhanced humans like cap and deadpool.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Haaydrian

@jashro44 said:

@Haaydrian said:

@jashro44 said:

No there not going to use sonic arrows here because they both rarely use them. List some examples of them using it in character. It doesn't matter how many they have, they will definitely not be starting the match off with sonic arrows. And it really doesn't take long to run around some trees, especially for 2 enhanced humans like cap and deadpool.

...Dude. I can use that line for anything.

Oh, they're going to be using ______ arrow? Oh too bad, they can't use them, even though the OP explicitly gave them a roster of limitless arrows. So no, even though OP said that GA can use his nuclear arrow, he can't.

You've managed to make it so that this isn't a debate about Green Arrow/Hawkeye with any of the arrows, but they can only use the two three arrows they can most commonly used.

This isn't like a speedblitz situation where a character can't speedblitz due to the fact that he doesn't normally. If Green Arrow had a nuclear arrow (which the list says he does) he still won't use it because its not in character for him to kill himself.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vouile

Team 1: Hawkeye and Green Arrow

Th archers win this due to team 2 having a purely laid back member (deadpool). Since this battle is "in character", Deadpool isn't going to do much but joke. o.o

One of the archers takes out Deadpool pretty fast, and two archers against Captain America?...Is too much for Cap' to handle. :/

Hence, I give this battle to Team 1: Hawkeye and Green Arrow.

:D

Vouile

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tg1982

@jashro44 said:

@tg1982 said:

What i mean is how many feats do we see of DP without his healing factor? Not that he'd necessarily be useless or anything.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Strafe Prower

Hawkeye and Green Arrow will be able to pull out a few wins.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jashro44

@Haaydrian:

Oh, they're going to be using ______ arrow? Oh too bad, they can't use them, even though the OP explicitly gave them a roster of limitless arrows. So no, even though OP said that GA can use his nuclear arrow, he can't.

I never said they can't I said they wont. The op also mentions they are in character.

You've managed to make it so that this isn't a debate about Green Arrow/Hawkeye with any of the arrows, but they can only use the two three arrows they can most commonly used.

We take cis into account in battle forums. If a character rarely uses an ability in combat then we take that into account. They fight within the limits of there personality. All the op did was label gear he didn't say the archers have to use all those arrows. You think its in character show me examples of hawkeye and green arrow starting a fight with sonic arrows or provide a issue reference.

This isn't like a speedblitz situation where a character can't speedblitz due to the fact that he doesn't normally. If Green Arrow had a nuclear arrow (which the list says he does) he still won't use it because its not in character for him to kill himself.

Actually it is. They are going to use the arrows they normally use. There not going to fight any differently then normal. Again show me either combatant starting the fight with sonic arrows.

@tg1982:

What i mean is how many feats do we see of DP without his healing factor? Not that he'd necessarily be useless or anything.

Deadpool has actually been depowered recently. His showings started off on the lower end but recently deadpool has had some pretty impressive showings. His fight against hit monkey and his fight against daken were really something. But really a healing factor shouldn't help block and counter and land hits on opponents.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tg1982

@jashro44 said:

@tg1982:

Deadpool has actually been depowered recently. His showings started off on the lower end but recently deadpool has had some pretty impressive showings. His fight against hit monkey and his fight against daken were really something. But really a healing factor shouldn't help block and counter and land hits on opponents.

No, but a healing factor does help absorb punishment and absorb damage.

I haven't read any DP since Cable and Deadpool, so it's safe to say I'm a little out of the loop on him.

Without his HF how durable is he? Does he depend heavily on his HF, if so then not having it could be a severe disadvantage. Things like that are what I'm refering to when talking about DP, as I have a limited knowledge of him, and thus a limited knowledge of feats.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jashro44

@tg1982 said:

@jashro44 said:

@tg1982:

No, but a healing factor does help absorb punishment and absorb damage.

I haven't read any DP since Cable and Deadpool, so it's safe to say I'm a little out of the loop on him.

Without his HF how durable is he? Does he depend heavily on his HF, if so then not having it could be a severe disadvantage. Things like that are what I'm refering to when talking about DP, as I have a limited knowledge of him, and thus a limited knowledge of feats.

Oh in that case I agree. I'm not really sure how his durability is without his healing factor to be honest.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tg1982

@jashro44: And my biggest question concerning Deadpool is if he relies on something heavily and then doesn't have it anymore how will he cope and adapt. But that being said I think he can over come the lack of HF, and I give it to Deadpool and Cap by a slight majority

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By xxxddd

@jashro44: @tg1982: @Haaydrian: Changed it to where team 1 is using all arrows listed.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeanroygrant

Archers.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Haaydrian

@jashro44 said:

I never said they can't I said they wont. The op also mentions they are in character.

We take cis into account in battle forums. If a character rarely uses an ability in combat then we take that into account.

Depends on the rarity. Daken doesn't use his Pheromones every fight, but in the battle forum he still has access to them in every fight, so much so that people go as far as to put "No Pheromones". For someone like Thor, on the other hand, we don't say he can use TK or whatever it is they claim he can do, because he doesn't use it consistently. That's the key word here. GA and Hawkeye using these arrows in a consistent manner, so they can be used in a battle forum.

They fight within the limits of there personality. All the op did was label gear he didn't say the archers have to use all those arrows. You think its in character show me examples of hawkeye and green arrow starting a fight with sonic arrows or provide a issue reference.

Show me an issue where Daken uses Pheromones to make a group of enemies null. Same thing. It is in personality for Daken to use his Pheromones in a fight, just like it is in personality for Hawkeye/GA to use their arrows. This "using it first in battle" is bull. If you want to prove that it is, then you provide a scan/issue of reference where they claim they always hold back in the beginning of the fight. Another anaology. Superman wins against Hulk, the most basic reason why is because Superman can't be tagged by the Hulk, his speed is too great. (Or course, he's also stronger, but lets not get into that). But how many times has he been tagged by people with low speed? Immense. But he still uses speed enough times in a consistent manner that people attribute the speed to being in character. (And don't confuse speed with speed-blitzing, whether innocently or not)

Actually it is. They are going to use the arrows they normally use.

Yes, but they don't normally have an infinite supply of arrows. Their personality is still the same, however the manner that they're going to act because of this vital factor in the OP is going to change how the battle plays out, even if the characterization of the characters (pardon the redundancy) remains the same.

There not going to fight any differently then normal.

That's like giving someone a Kryptonite gun against Superman and then claiming that they aren't going to use it because they don't use it normally or in a consistent manner. The OP is changing in an equipment, so the character's actions are going to take accordingly. This is an example illustrating what I was saying above.

Again show me either combatant starting the fight with sonic arrows.

I don't have to because the OP changes the context of the battle.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By nefarious

Team 2.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jashro44

@Haaydrian:

I don't have to because the OP changes the context of the battle.

I'm going to address the final part of your post first. But if we are going to continue arguing what is or is not in character for the 2 I need examples. Yes its true now you don't have to, however if you are going to continue this debate you need examples.

Depends on the rarity. Daken doesn't use his Pheromones every fight, but in the battle forum he still has access to them in every fight, so much so that people go as far as to put "No Pheromones". For someone like Thor, on the other hand, we don't say he can use TK or whatever it is they claim he can do, because he doesn't use it consistently. That's the key word here. GA and Hawkeye using these arrows in a consistent manner, so they can be used in a battle forum.

Daken doesn't use his pheromones much in character (not for combat anyways). People just assume he does and that is why it is brought up all the time. And no hawkeye and green arrow do not use these arrows. That is my point. There going to use the arrows they normally do.

Show me an issue where Daken uses Pheromones to make a group of enemies null. Same thing. It is in personality for Daken to use his Pheromones in a fight, just like it is in personality for Hawkeye/GA to use their arrows. This "using it first in battle" is bull. If you want to prove that it is, then you provide a scan/issue of reference where they claim they always hold back in the beginning of the fight. Another anaology. Superman wins against Hulk, the most basic reason why is because Superman can't be tagged by the Hulk, his speed is too great. (Or course, he's also stronger, but lets not get into that). But how many times has he been tagged by people with low speed? Immense. But he still uses speed enough times in a consistent manner that people attribute the speed to being in character. (And don't confuse speed with speed-blitzing, whether innocently or not)

Daken doesn't use his pheromones much in character. He has used them twice iirc for combat reasons. Every other example is for manipulation and not actual combat. There is actual evidence of superman using his speed in character. He uses his speed when he has to. He has been tagged by slower characters a few times (mostly when he fighting people who cannot actually hurt him) but he has shown more times to use his speed in combat.

Yes, but they don't normally have an infinite supply of arrows. Their personality is still the same, however the manner that they're going to act because of this vital factor in the OP is going to change how the battle plays out, even if the characterization of the characters (pardon the redundancy) remains the same.

Green arrow and hawkeye have gone entire fights with using arrows like sonic arrows and plasma arrows, etc. I don't see why they would suddenly start using arrows right off the bat that they have sometimes ignored.

That's like giving someone a Kryptonite gun against Superman and then claiming that they aren't going to use it because they don't use it normally or in a consistent manner. The OP is changing in an equipment, so the character's actions are going to take accordingly. This is an example illustrating what I was saying above.

Thing is the op hasn't actually changed the equipment that much. He just sent a link to a page that lists hawkeyes and green arrows standard gear (and some other characters). I see no reason they will act any differently then normal. Unless you got some scans or issue references of hawkeye and green arrows starting a fight off with 1 of there easy win arrows there is no reason they will start off with those arrows here (with the exception of the edit in the op)