what do you think

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Forever

Green Arrow's probably the better archer. He's written as being the best to ever touch a bow. Green Arrow can probably fight better too. He's been moving into DC's upper tier of martial artists. I'd have to say Green Arrow.

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The Mighty Thor

i agree

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Forever

Lets see if anyone else disagrees

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I don't know anything about either character. Would you two care to teach me?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Forever

Well both are archers with good hand to hand skills. Green Arrow almost never misses while Hawkeye is very good. They both have trick arrows that can be used for lots of different functions, like a sonic arrow or explosive arrows... lots of different things.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Mighty Thor

but when it comes to strenght i say green arrow has it

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Oh... I see. But you think that overall, Green Arrow's long distance skills are higher than Hawkeye

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Forever

Eternal Chaos says:

"Oh... I see. But you think that overall, Green Arrow's long distance skills are higher than Hawkeye"

Definitely

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Oh ok. I see clearly well if that's the case, than I can't really argue with you Forever

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Forever

I'm not an expert on either of them though. We'll see if someone else chimes in who knows more about them then we do.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Mighty Thor

yea me too i was just curious there not to popular

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Too true Spidey, too true.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Valkaad

Hawkeye really never misses either. I have several comics with him from His limited series to avengers and west coast avengers, and he hits any and everything he shoots. Green arrow also never misses, so It's really a tough call. I think Hercules is a better archer than both of them though

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Prodigal Son

I agree with the above assessments. GA is by far the more skilled archer, plus he has the martial arts expertise and better agility.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The Mighty Thor

thank you

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Valkaad

Is Green arrow a great fighter? I know hawkeye is listed as an Olympic level athlete with the gymnastics skills of a carnival aerialist and the fighting skills of a student of captain america. He has above average human strength and can press 315pounds.

I don't really know Green arrows abilites that well.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Forever

Valkaad says:

"Is Green arrow a great fighter? I know hawkeye is listed as an Olympic level athlete with the gymnastics skills of a carnival aerialist and the fighting skills of a student of captain america. He has above average human strength and can press 315pounds. I don't really know Green arrows abilites that well."

Green Arrow hired a group of top martial artists to raise his fighting level so he's up there now.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#19  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

This thread was made before so if you look for it you'll find more responses. I'm not getting on you for making another one, just telling you that one exists. Anyway, Green Arrow wins for the reasons stated, he's a slightly better archer, and a much better fighter. However, as I said in the first thread, Hawkeye is crazy enough to fight the devil with an arrow and carries enough explosives to destroy a spaceship. I wouldn't count him out just because he looks outmatched.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rotten gun

isn't hawkeye the new ronin? put ronin as is and hawkeye as he was together and then how powerful is he?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Still crazy, but not good enough.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sync

ulimate hawkeye could kill people with his fingernails, while tied up, and beat stupid. He also seem to carry heavy or cooler arrow heads, or arrows shafts, not even to mention fuction of his bow.

green arrow seems to be the better fighter but in "IMO" not by life threaten much. No in the cartoon(yes cartoon) GA carries a qutuam warhead (which kind of broke the "laws of p", but oh well) which would equal a shipship destoryer. But besides that his shafts suxs, and bow too.

i say hawkeye wins.

Golden Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Golden Boy

Green Arrow wins easily. Hawkeye is great, but he is too headstrong and confident. Recently Green Arrow has gotten terriffic at strategizing. He ahd that Natas dude train him not just physically, but mentally. Hawkeye only ever had Cap train him, and his thinking is old fashioned and flawed, whereas GA knows how to think like a villain. No way Hawkeye could win without blowing himself up in the process.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sync

Golden Boy says:

"Green Arrow wins easily. Hawkeye is great, but he is too headstrong and confident. Recently Green Arrow has gotten terriffic at strategizing. He ahd that Natas dude train him not just physically, but mentally. Hawkeye only ever had Cap train him, and his thinking is old fashioned and flawed, whereas GA knows how to think like a villain. No way Hawkeye could win without blowing himself up in the process."

????????????????????????????

hawkeye lead the avgeners, and you say he is too headstrong and confident?

captain amercia one of the greatest fighters, and tactical thinkers who leads the avgengers??/ your syaing captian is ol fashion and cant think??? and flawed??

not my place but being trainned by captain amercia says something., it like you saying someone got trainned by batman and suxs????? WTF

what thinking like a villian got to do with it, when hawkeye just says f$$$$ this and fires a volley of tactial nukes in GA loaction or way, what is that villian thinking going be saying or doing" OH $hiT"

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Final Arrow

Sync says:

"Golden Boy says:
"Green Arrow wins easily. Hawkeye is great, but he is too headstrong and confident. Recently Green Arrow has gotten terriffic at strategizing. He ahd that Natas dude train him not just physically, but mentally. Hawkeye only ever had Cap train him, and his thinking is old fashioned and flawed, whereas GA knows how to think like a villain. No way Hawkeye could win without blowing himself up in the process."
???????????????????????????? hawkeye lead the avgeners, and you say he is too headstrong and confident? captain amercia one of the greatest fighters, and tactical thinkers who leads the avgengers??/ your syaing captian is ol fashion and cant think??? and flawed?? not my place but being trainned by captain amercia says something., it like you saying someone got trainned by batman and suxs????? WTF what thinking like a villian got to do with it, when hawkeye just says f$$$$ this and fires a volley of tactial nukes in GA loaction or way, what is that villian thinking going be saying or doing" OH $hiT" "

Golden boy you need to explain more , I agree but these are my reason why.

Green Arrow recently under went a massive transfermation, He was trained by the best in the world not only in fighting but, Medicane, Food, Gadgets aand everything you could imgaine, Also the guy who trained Death Stroke, To prove himself capable the masters sent alot and I mean alot of Hitmen to kill Arrow all trained in various martail arts and weaponery , Green Arrow beat them and later went to beat Death Stroke.

Hawkeye may have been trained by Cap but I dont think he could take death stroke on and live.

Also sure Hawkeye has been the leader of the Avengers but Green Arrow was one of the orginal members of the JLA also he was in every JLA up to the new one then red Arrow took his place.

So it is pretty blanced but due to the new training and skills that Green Arrow has I think the battle goes to him

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sync

wow, i could barley follow that story of ga.

The story "imo" made him worst than superman and all his uber powers.

IT was hard for me to see him doing all that training, he should have done that before??

And in the end he beats deathstorke, seems like a uber give me to hype him ga up.

have we had a deathstroke vs cap trend, "imo" i see captain barely pulling it off, but standing tall.

still though hawkeye seems to have the edge, to me, but as it been said and is true, Ga new uber training would give him the edge.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The Mighty Thor

green arrow does give him the edge

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eternal Chaos

If we're talking Ultimate Hawk vs Green, Hawk wins, normal, Green Wins

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The Mighty Thor

okay

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eternal Chaos

That's it, no more reason to argue

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The Mighty Thor

of they are normal green arrow

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eternal Chaos

What?

tetralord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tetralord

g.a.,s fighting skilss must be improving as he wrestles with the canary each night. i somehow doubt she is the dead fish type. i bet she utilyzes all the spaces in the area. thus green arrow gets a real workout each night as well as whoever he fights during the day. he might be gettin tired though.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hadrelius

Forever says:

"Green Arrow's probably the better archer. He's written as being the best to ever touch a bow. Green Arrow can probably fight better too. He's been moving into DC's upper tier of martial artists. I'd have to say Green Arrow."

I think Green Arrow is the better archer but not fighter. Hawkeye was trained by Cap. He's more agile. His persona right now is a ninja. Ironman wated him to be the new Cap because he is able to use the shield almost as well, so he can use other weapons.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By Methos

Alpha says:

"I think Green Arrow is the better archer but not fighter. Hawkeye was trained by Cap. He's more agile. His persona right now is a ninja. Ironman wated him to be the new Cap because he is able to use the shield almost as well, so he can use other weapons. "

and Green Arrow has also trained with Batman, Nightwing, Black Canary and Natas, who trained Deathstroke (The best assassin in the DCU)...

i don't know much about Hawkeye so i won't comment on the fight, but i wouldn't put GA's fighting skills down so quickly when he has trained under the best of the DCU fighters...

M

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hadrelius

Methos says:

"Alpha says:
"I think Green Arrow is the better archer but not fighter. Hawkeye was trained by Cap. He's more agile. His persona right now is a ninja. Ironman wated him to be the new Cap because he is able to use the shield almost as well, so he can use other weapons. "
and Green Arrow has also trained with Batman, Nightwing, Black Canary and Natas, who trained Deathstroke (The **best** assassin in the DCU)... i don't know much about Hawkeye so i won't comment on the fight, but i wouldn't put GA's fighting skills down so quickly when he has trained under the best of the DCU fighters... M"

Deathstroke is the best assassin in the DCU? I thought it was Lady Shiva. I know I read where Batman stated this.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hadrelius

Sorry. A little off topic. Just curious.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By Methos

Alpha says:

"Deathstroke is the best assassin in the DCU? I thought it was Lady Shiva. I know I read where Batman stated this. "

Shiva is the top hand to hand fighter... or she was a while back...

she very rarely takes assassin work as it's 'dishonorable'... while Deathstroke is primarily an Assassin who trained in pretty much every form of combat known to man.

M

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hadrelius

Methos says:

"Alpha says:
"Deathstroke is the best assassin in the DCU? I thought it was Lady Shiva. I know I read where Batman stated this. "
Shiva is the top hand to hand fighter... or she was a while back... she very rarely takes assassin work as it's 'dishonorable'... while Deathstroke is primarily an Assassin who trained in pretty much every form of combat known to man. M "

Gotcha!

WavyFLATLINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WavyFLATLINE

This is a draw. These guys are so good with their bows that they'd probably kill each other. I've said this before, neither Marvel or D.C. would ever say that their premiere archer was inferior to the other. I like both of them but Hawkeye is my favorite archer.

Still, this is a draw.

-WavyFLATLINE

dishwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dishwasher

cap beats the vest fighters in marvel with ease, he pwned wolverine into sumission and you is gonna say "hey meng his premiere disciple can't beat some corny dood named deathstroke!"

i have a negative amound of respect for the DCU, they have the penguin, THE PENGUIN MAN.

Alex Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Alex Prime

Green arrow

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43  Edited By Zoom

dishwasher says:

i have a negative amound of respect for the DCU, they have the penguin, THE PENGUIN MAN."

Who is a much better character than oh I don't know

TRIATHLON!

Don't hate on DC for having some silly characters.

For every silly Batman villain there is a silly Spider-Man villain (most of which are actually pretty cool).

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kuchiku

green arrow cause hes got different arrows for differtent things

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zoom

kuchiku says:

"green arrow cause hes got different arrows for differtent things"

So does Hawkeye. :p

How bout Green Arrow because he's now a ninja.

Oh wait, so is Hawkeye.

Green Arrow because Hawkeye is too headstrong and overconfident? Headstrong and overconfident...who does that describe? Oh wait, Green Arrow!

Really, they have the exact same abilities these days.

Classic GA was the better archer and classic Hawkeye was better in hand to hand.

Currently, Green Arrow is better because even though his book is written by Winnick, you really can't do (much) worse than Bendis. Also, he has an interesting supporting cast, which is more than can be said for Hawkeye, who barely gets to even say anything in his book anyways because he isn't the main character.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kuchiku

who won the marvel vs dc green arrow!!!

that about sums it up!!

cant argue with the creators can yah!!

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zoom

kuchiku says:

"who won the marvel vs dc green arrow!!! that about sums it up!! cant argue with the creators can yah!!"

Actually, I'll argue all day against everything that happened in Marvel vs DC. ;)

This is the same comic book where Wolverine with bone claws ripped Thanos appart and beat Lobo right? The same book where he had trouble beating Killer Croc? The same book where Juggernaut was beaten by physical force? Where Storm beat Wonder Woman?

No, Marvel vs DC was a joke.

I agree with the outcome, but it can't be cannon.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kuchiku

Post Deleted.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kuchiku

Zoom says:

"kuchiku says:
"who won the marvel vs dc green arrow!!! that about sums it up!! cant argue with the creators can yah!!"
Actually, I'll argue all day against everything that happened in Marvel vs DC. ;) This is the same comic book where Wolverine with bone claws ripped Thanos appart and beat Lobo right? The same book where he had trouble beating Killer Croc? The same book where Juggernaut was beaten by physical force? Where Storm beat Wonder Woman? No, Marvel vs DC was a joke. I agree with the outcome, but it can't be cannon."

youre a fool zoom

wanna be freinds

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zoom

Lol.

Sure.