Havok vs Dazzler

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By nefarious

>Setting: The Brooklyn Bridge ; Unpopulated. 

>Elimination via Knock-out, Death, or Incapacitation. 
>Both will fight without morals. 
>Starting distance: at about 27 Feet Apart. 
>Versions: Earth-616 of both. 
>Both are at normal levels. 

Who wins this fight? 

No Caption Provided

VERSUS
No Caption Provided
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By charlieboy

dazzler ftw. she can create shields to block his shots. and she can just dazzle him.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Shawnbaby

I'd give it to Havok under these circumstances. Dazzlers ability is to turn Sound into Light...and an unpopulated Brooklyn bridge will be rather quiet. Havok's Blasts are more powerful than hers. 

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By charlieboy

dazzler's can store sound . she is usually full charged during the course of a day until she starts making light. i don't think her being charged would be an issue.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shawnbaby
@charlieboy said:

dazzler's can store sound . she is usually full charged during the course of a day until she starts making light. i don't think her being charged would be an issue.

I suppose it depends on which version...the version pictured was not able to do so. 
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By charlieboy

@Shawnbaby: unless specifically stated it is the current version. and dazzler wore that uniform for one adventure recently. but originally dazz could not store sound. she couldn't do it until the dazzler graphic novel.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#7  Edited By AssertingValor

I believe havok can take this.........

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By charlieboy

dazzler is more versatile in defense and offense. she is also more agile and has some decent h2h skills.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shawnbaby
@charlieboy said:

dazzler is more versatile in defense and offense. she is also more agile and has some decent h2h skills.

Havok is not without skill in H2H either. Truthfully though...it could go either way. Either only needs one good shot to win.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sandiego008

I wish I knew more about dazzler ... because the comics I've read w/ her in it she was a big waste of space and havok would stomp this w/o blinking ... but from what I've gathered she got became decent ... so I can't vote on this one ...

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By charlieboy

she was never a waste of space. she has always been a fairly powerful character. some writers just write her like she was a flashlight.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shawnbaby

I'd say she was pretty much a waste of space until she joined up with the X-Men...then she got really cool, really quick.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By charlieboy

@Shawnbaby: really. in her first series she fought the hulk, dr. doom, the enchantress, and terrax and she came out on top or at the very least survived those encounters. she was herald of galactus shortly and the beyonder wooed her. all of this pre x-,men.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shawnbaby
@charlieboy said:

@Shawnbaby: really. in her first series she fought the hulk, dr. doom, the enchantress, and terrax and she came out on top or at the very least survived those encounters. she was herald of galactus shortly and the beyonder wooed her. all of this pre x-,men.

None of that makes her an interesting character. 
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By charlieboy

@Shawnbaby: i always found dazzler to be an interesting character. she never let being a mutant stop her from chasing her dreams and she had real life problems like paying rent and getting jobs along with the super hero stuff. she was always cool to me. but to each their own. did you read any of her appearance before she joined the x-men?

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sandiego008

I put dazzler in my jubilee section ... always wanted to like the character ... never could ... heck i still want to like jubilee but can't as she doesn't apeal to me and has a lack of power growth

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shawnbaby
@charlieboy said:

@Shawnbaby: i always found dazzler to be an interesting character. she never let being a mutant stop her from chasing her dreams and she had real life problems like paying rent and getting jobs along with the super hero stuff. she was always cool to me. but to each their own. did you read any of her appearance before she joined the x-men?

I did. When i saw her in X-Men  later I first thought she must have been a different character with the same name because she just seemed a lot more interesting to me. And as far as "real life problems" go...Peter Parker invented that. 
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By charlieboy

@Shawnbaby: yeah i know. i am just saying she always seemed to be the peter parker of the mutant set. she had a life she pursued outside of the x-men. but everybody likes different characters. spider-man is ok but he is not one of my favorites and you obviously are a fan. so like i said to each their own.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spiderbuck1

@Shawnbaby said:

@charlieboy said:

None of that makes her an interesting character.

Actually, it kind of does.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

In the books I've read, Dazzler is either doing something amazing with her powers or just playing cheerleader for the X-Men while they beat up on poor ol' Sinister or something.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shawnbaby
@charlieboy said:

@Shawnbaby: yeah i know. i am just saying she always seemed to be the peter parker of the mutant set. she had a life she pursued outside of the x-men. but everybody likes different characters. spider-man is ok but he is not one of my favorites and you obviously are a fan. so like i said to each their own.

True that. I really liked her as an X-Man. Perhaps it was the whole disco-ball styled roller skates that really set me off about here orignally
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By charlieboy

@Illuminatus: yeah different writers portray her different ways. fraction kind of mad her an airhead popstar who never used her powers to their full potential. claremont wrote her as a capable hero.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By charlieboy

@Shawnbaby: yeah that turned a lot of people off. but she was always the girl who would rather be a singer than a hero. the costume was just more updated and contemporary. i liked the blue outfit with the star. but i also like disco era dazz. but i am a fan.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I think Dazzler would win a slight majority. She has a powerful powerset that is more advantageously versatile, though I doubt her shields can hold up against Alex's raw power, at least not for long and not without significant focus. Her shields have blocked bullets and harpoon's blasts before, but I don't recall it blocking power output like Havok's.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Havok.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jeanroygrant

@sandiego008 said:

I wish I knew more about dazzler ... because the comics I've read w/ her in it she was a big waste of space and havok would stomp this w/o blinking ... but from what I've gathered she got became decent ... so I can't vote on this one ...