Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Static Shock said:
" @cracks said:
" @Static Shock: We were conversing about both characters' power levels and their raw power and how they compare and Havok has more raw power than Cyclops.        %Pr "
From what I can recall, Cyclops doesn't have to recharge. Havok does. "
Also true. Cyclops' body is constantly absorbing energy.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By cracks
@Static Shock: Actually it is Cyclops who has more trouble using his powers than Havok.  Cyclops needs that visor, while Havok does not. Cyclops constantly absorbs energy because there is almost always sunlight around. Cosmic energy is not always around.                           %Pr
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Static Shock
@cracks said:
" @Static Shock: Actually it is Cyclops who has more trouble using his powers than Havok.  Cyclops needs that visor, while Havok does not. Cyclops constantly absorbs energy because there is almost always sunlight around. Cosmic energy is not always around.                           %Pr "

The Handbook states that the extra-dimensional supply of energy for Cyclops is infinite. For Havok, the Handbook states that if his energy is all used up, it takes him 16.5 hours to recharge. The fact that Cyclops needs his visor to control his powers has no relevance, despite the fact that Havok also required equipment for his energy control as well.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By cracks
@Static Shock: Well, yes, sunlight is infinite, as is cosmic energy.        %Pr
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Static Shock
@cracks said:
" @Static Shock: Well, yes, sunlight is infinite, as is cosmic energy.        %Pr "

The energy that Havok stores isn't infinite if he has to recharge.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cracks
@Static Shock: The irrefutable fact remains that cosmic energy is infinite, yes.  I personally don't know why Havok has to recharge. Ask the X-Men comic book writers.       %Pr
WeaponX510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By WeaponX510

as much as i like Havok cyke wins this one

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ferro Vida
@cracks said:
" @Static Shock: The irrefutable fact remains that cosmic energy is infinite, yes.  I personally don't know why Havok has to recharge. Ask the X-Men comic book writers.       %Pr "
He has a different physiology than Cyclops.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By cracks
@Ferro Vida: Expound on that further, please.      %Pr
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Hellos

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By cracks
@Hellos: LOL.%Pr
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Ferro Vida
@cracks said:
" @Ferro Vida: Expound on that further, please.      %Pr "
Havok's body needs to recharge, while Cyclops' constantly absorbs energy. It doesn't matter what the energy source is. Their bodies are just different.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Static Shock
@cracks said:
" @Static Shock: The irrefutable fact remains that cosmic energy is infinite, yes.  I personally don't know why Havok has to recharge. Ask the X-Men comic book writers.       %Pr "

The fact that cosmic energy is infinite is irrelevant to the fact that Havok has to recharge, and it doesn't mean that his own energy reserves are infinite like Cyclops' are. With that being the case, Havok works like a rechargeable battery.  

Because Cyclops has infinite energy, he has more raw power than Havok does. Cosmic energy begin infinite is besides the point, since you're main point was that Havok had more raw power than Cyclops. When that was refuted, you jumped from Cyclops having trouble using his powers, to cosmic energy being infinite, dancing around what the main point was....
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By cracks
@Ferro Vida: So, you are saying that Havok won't be able to always blasts? He might be out?

@Static Shock said:
" @cracks said:
The fact that cosmic energy is infinite is irrelevant to the fact that Havok has to recharge, and it doesn't mean that his own energy reserves are infinite like Cyclops' are. With that being the case, Havok works like a rechargeable battery.   Because Cyclops has infinite energy, he has more raw power than Havok does. Cosmic energy begin infinite is besides the point, since you're main point was that Havok had more raw power than Cyclops. When that was refuted, you jumped from Cyclops having trouble using his powers, to cosmic energy being infinite, dancing around what the main point was.... "

Yes, Cyclops has more raw power than Havok does, but Havok's energy source is more bountiful than Cyclops' energy source, making Havok potentially more powerful overall. %Pr
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Ferro Vida
@cracks said:
" @Ferro Vida: So, you are saying that Havok won't be able to always blasts? He might be out?

I'm saying he needs to recharge. The same thing Static said, the same thing the handbook said.
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By reactor
@cracks said:

" @Ferro Vida: That is why Havok has more raw power. He can absorb more energy. Cyclops needs sunlight and Havok needs cosmic energy. There is more cosmic energy than there is sunlight. LOL.

Dude, you do realize that sunlight essentially is cosmic radiation, right? They're both powered by the same thing. The only difference is Cykes needs the sun's cosmic rays, and Havok can be powered by any.

And also, Cykes may need a visor, but Havok needs an entire body-suit for him to control it properly - his control is far worse than Scotts. Havok's energy is also finite, while Cykes' power isn't.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Reactor said:
" @cracks said:
" @Ferro Vida: That is why Havok has more raw power. He can absorb more energy. Cyclops needs sunlight and Havok needs cosmic energy. There is more cosmic energy than there is sunlight. LOL.

Dude, you do realize that sunlight essentially is cosmic radiation, right? They're both powered by the same thing. The only difference is Cykes needs the sun's cosmic rays, and Havok can be powered by any. "
Actually, Storm also once powered his optic blast with lightning.
loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By loganreme

So if it's down to h2h then Cyc would take this....unless he holds back a little on his younger brother, which would give Alex a fighting chance :)
Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By They Killed Cap!

Cyc and danger room training. Cyc for the win.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By cracks
@Ferro Vida: You haven't answered my question. LOL. I was simply asking what would happen in the event that Havok needed to recharge? If he wanted to attacks someone with his blasts, would he simply not be able to blast anything? Would nothing come out? Or would a little bit of blast come out and not as much if Havok were fully charged?

@Ferro Vida said:
" @Reactor said:
" @cracks said:

Dude, you do realize that sunlight essentially is cosmic radiation, right? They're both powered by the same thing. The only difference is Cykes needs the sun's cosmic rays, and Havok can be powered by any. "
Actually, Storm also once powered his optic blast with lightning. "

How is that possible? Lightning is not sunlight.  

@Reactor said:
" @cracks said:

Dude, you do realize that sunlight essentially is cosmic radiation, right? They're both powered by the same thing. The only difference is Cykes needs the sun's cosmic rays, and Havok can be powered by any.  And also, Cykes may need a visor, but Havok needs an entire body-suit for him to control it properly - his control is far worse than Scotts. Havok's energy is also finite, while Cykes' power isn't. "

Yes, but cosmic energy, as  I have said many times, is more bountiful then sunlight is.  There is more to cosmic radiation than just sunlight. LOL. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Static Shock
@cracks said:
" Yes, Cyclops has more raw power than Havok does, but Havok's energy source is more bountiful than Cyclops' energy source, making Havok potentially more powerful overall. %Pr "
How can you potentially have more power than someone whose power is infinite, when you have to recharge you own? Your statement makes no sense.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Static Shock
@cracks said:
" @Ferro Vida: You haven't answered my question. LOL. I was simply asking what would happen in the event that Havok needed to recharge? If he wanted to attacks someone with his blasts, would he simply not be able to blast anything? Would nothing come out? Or would a little bit of blast come out and not as much if Havok were fully charged?
If he has to recharge, what makes you think he would be able to use his powers?
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Cyclops ftw, it don't matter how much Havok recharges :P 

(had to get my change in this, lol)
loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By loganreme

They can't hurt eachother with their powers anyway! So why are we even discussing it? I suppose it's purely hypothetical just like the rest of this battle lol :)
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Andferne
@loganreme said:
" They can't hurt each other with their powers anyway! So why are we even discussing it? I suppose it's purely hypothetical just like the rest of this battle lol :) "
Collateral damage, effecting the environment around them. Both are more than capable of blasting huge chunks in the ground, or leveling buildings etc. Using the area around them one could even win a match up between them. Burying the other in a heap of rubble or something similar.
loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By loganreme
@Andferne said:
" @loganreme said:
" They can't hurt each other with their powers anyway! So why are we even discussing it? I suppose it's purely hypothetical just like the rest of this battle lol :) "
Collateral damage, effecting the environment around them. Both are more than capable of blasting huge chunks in the ground, or leveling buildings etc. Using the area around them one could even win a match up between them. Burying the other in a heap of rubble or something similar. "

Sounds about right to me, though they could end up burying eachother  lol :)
Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@Andferne said:
"
A fight between brothers
A fight between brothers

Both immune to one anothers powers
Both immune to one anothers powers

Ends with ear pulling.. Yes I said ear pulling... LOL
Ends with ear pulling.. Yes I said ear pulling... LOL
"

is that havok he is beating up??
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Andferne

Yes.

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By loganreme
@cracks:
Cyclops omits energy from his eyes, as we all know and this limits his power output...so he is absorbing energy while blasting.  Havok can do a full body blast and use up all the energy he has in one go...so that's why he has to recharge and that's why he's more powerful than his older brother.... IMHO  Scott can level a whole building in one blast while Alex can level a whole block lol....Well that's just my opinion on this subject I'm sure that you'll have your own  :)
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#80  Edited By Zoom

Who cares?  They're immune to each others powers. 

Cyclops beats Havok into unconsciousness with his fists.  Game over.
loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By loganreme
@Zoom said:
"Who cares?  They're immune to each others powers.  Cyclops beats Havok into unconsciousness with his fists.  Game over. "

Cracks was asking why Havok has to recharge! I was merely answering him.....don't get your panties in a bunch lol :)
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#82  Edited By Zoom

I'm just saying in general.  We have a 3 page thread for a 10 second fight between a skill martial artist and his little brother who is not.
loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By loganreme
@Zoom said:
"I'm just saying in general.  We have a 3 page thread for a 10 second fight between a skill martial artist and his little brother who is not. "

Fair enough......though I wouldn't say 10 seconds, more like 20 :D
Avatar image for vampireselektor
VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By VampireSelektor
@Ferro Vida: No, Cyclops needs to recharge, but his method of replenishment is hardly depicted on-panel. Go to Barnes and Noble and look up the first volume of Stan Lee's X-Men( #1-10)
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Ferro Vida
@VampireSelektor: Oh, you mean back when punching through Magneto's shield in X-men number one was enough to knock him out for a few minutes. That limitation has rarely been shown, as his power is fueled by solar energy. Even when he has been in space or underground he didn't have a problem, and the only time I can recall off the top of my head where this was a problem for him was when the X-men traveled to Arkon's home dimension, where he had to fight through an army of barbarian-like warriors with no sun to fuel him.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#86  Edited By Mercy_
@Ferro Vida: :O you're alive?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Ferro Vida
@The Dark Huntress: And kicking.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Mercy_
@Ferro Vida: And going to be more active? xD
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Ferro Vida
@The Dark Huntress: We'll see. There's not much reason for me to be active. I only come on to check for PMs and every now and then some new guy replies to a comment I made a year or two ago. The best battle thread makers left for CL and the RPG community here is a shell of what it once was.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Mercy_
@Ferro Vida: WAL is back and there's a reboot going on right now, that may interest you. 
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Ramtha07

Cyclops wins via wet willie, wedgie and noogie
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Ferro Vida
@The Dark Huntress: I might look into it. But you gotta admit that the battles here are worse than ever
Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ferro Vida said:
RPG community here is a shell of what it once was.
No Caption Provided
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Mercy_
@Ferro Vida: Did you see me denying it? xP There are a few new people cropping up, but things at the core remain the same. It's pretty much a lost cause. 

And you should def look into it. Did I mention Kiara's back? ;) 
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Mercy_
@Andy Steven Summers: That scan never gets old. 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Andy Steven Summers: Someone got a new scan xD

I didn't :P
      I didn't :P
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Ferro Vida
@The Dark Huntress: LOL Yeah, we talked a bit on FB a while ago
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Mercy_
@Ferro Vida: So comeeeeeeeeee back. xP I'm gonna keep pestering until you do, btw. 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Ferro Vida
@The Dark Huntress: You know I have tried before. It's tough getting back into a game that I don't even recognize anymore.