Has Any Battle Thread Changed Your Mind About Who Beats Who?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pooty

Saturday Oct 1, 2011 someone admitted that through a battle thread discussion they changed their mind about who would win between Thor and Hulk. We usually go into a thread already convinced who would win. Has your mind ever been changed? What was the battle? What was the evidence given that changed your mind? Who's argument changed your mind?(optional) Or even if they didn't change your mind they atleast understand and respect their opinion. Alot of us have been on here for awhile so ALL OF US should have had our mind changed atleast once. What's your story?

P.S This is not a thread to call anyone a fanboy or troll. Or to say how someone else should have seen your point of view. This is solely about how you had your mind changed by a good debate or new evidence.

FemmeFatale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FemmeFatale

Not really

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mortein

yes, I like when that happens, it means my knowledge and understanding has grown

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By progenitorigin

I believe that Thor could take Hulk, however, due to certain battle threads, my appreciation for Spider-Man has grown significantly, so there are certain matches that I would probably give to Spider-Man that I would not have otherwise.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By difficlus

Yes, for spider man, Batgirl, blue beetle, mr majestic, the authority and even silver surfer.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Yes I have I said Supes beats Palpatine changed my mind with that one the scans and the evidence done it for me and they are other I have to think though......

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MrDirector786

A few. For example, I used to think Captain Marvel would beat the Silver Surfer, but I now think Surfer would most likely win.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the creator

No, never, but then I like to think through the outcome based on all the available info before I post.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By czarny_samael666

Yes, many times.

A specially when it comes to X-Men or Iron Man. I was suprised more than once about Tony's feats as well as Magneto's. 
I also remember that I've changed my mind about Kyle Rayner's powers
What changes my mind?

When people from start brings scans and when they don't bring dozen of them in the same day in 4 threads to completly forgot about them in future.  I always think in that moment that this is somekind of attack on some hero.

Also, if people have in their nick, some  heroes names I barely belive them. The same if I've catched someone on posting (on purpose) completly out of context scans in which thier hero is boosted somehow or something like that.

Besides, I often (more than I would like to) change my mind about heroes like Sentry. Sometimes I belive that he can take Superman (when I belive that he has matter manipulation) and sometimes I don't. 

I also hate if someone completly don't understand heroes' powers. Like thinking that - out of morals - speedsters can lose with people who doesn't even have superhuman durability (Quicksilver vs. Storm) or against people mostly - at best - equal to them (Gladiator/Superman vs. WB Hulk/Cap Marvel). They often think that speedsters need as much time to make first move as their enemy to make so defensive move. Or when You try to explain that BRB has all Thor's stats and powers because he hammer was made to be Mjolnir's equal in everything. Which also gives both of them feats of second one.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tron_bonne

Anything is possible in comics. 
The only truth is the history.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By demifiend

Yes, for silver surfer, mr majestic, and some cosmic beings.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tron_bonne

I learned that M. Bison is stronger than most people wish him to not be.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tron_bonne

I also learned that the character Demi Fiend is a multi dimensional threat.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14  Edited By owie  Moderator

Definitely, especially when I first started reading on the site, before I even joined. I learned a lot about characters' powers and histories that I didn't know about. This is especially true to cosmic characters, whose powers are so vast and ambiguous, it often takes an expert fan to really explain them. But also with street levelers, when someone has good scans.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Phylos

whats changed my mind? 
storm is basically a god  

prior to me joining the vine, i never really had an in depth understanding of storms powers & abilities. all i really had was cartoon showings and what not because i didnt follow the comics. but now having been on the vine for a good while, she's basically unstoppable...i mean without putting her in a spite match. versatility to the bone, but its rather hard to set up battles with her, since she has such a range of power with a fan base to match.

i for one would like to see her be put on the frontline, instead of being a support type. if she's regarded as a goddess, then why not just give that to her? im sure it'd make things more interesting & solid.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By charlieboy

yes. i remember static shock schooled me in a debate of ms. marvel vs. donna troy. i was sure ms, marvel would win. but static had enough evidence to prove to me donna was the victor.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TifaLockhart

Captain America vs. Batman and Black Panther vs. Batman. I used to think Batman would win.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By cascadeking09

It's happened a few times but I can't think of a lot of the top of my head.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By beatboks1

I've re-examined my position a number of times. Usually after debating with AtPhantom, Zoom, Static Sbock, Morpheus, and Gambler.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By demifiend
@tron_bonne said:

this and i learned archangel is the coolest character ever
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

nope, not really

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tron_bonne
@demifiend said:
@tron_bonne said:

this and i learned archangel is the coolest character ever
And M. Bison is the hottest.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pooty

@czarny_samael666: Or when You try to explain that BRB has all Thor's stats and powers because he hammer was made to be Mjolnir's equal in everything. Which also gives both of them feats of second one.

I see what your saying. The hammer says "If worthy you get the power of Thor". So BRB should equal Thor. BRB even bested Thor early on. But when you compare the actual feats of BRB vs Thor vs Eric Masterson, they don't look nearly as dominate as Thor.

So do you think the same logic applies to Green Lantern power rings? Aren't all the rings created equal? So technically shouldn't all ring bearers be capable of the same thing?

And Colossus just got the Gem from Cytorak. Shouldn't he atleast in theory be on the same level as Juggs?

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By czarny_samael666
@pooty said:

@czarny_samael666: Or when You try to explain that BRB has all Thor's stats and powers because he hammer was made to be Mjolnir's equal in everything. Which also gives both of them feats of second one.

I see what your saying. The hammer says "If worthy you get the power of Thor". So BRB should equal Thor. BRB even bested Thor early on. But when you compare the actual feats of BRB vs Thor vs Eric Masterson, they don't look nearly as dominate as Thor.

So do you think the same logic applies to Green Lantern power rings? Aren't all the rings created equal? So technically shouldn't all ring bearers be capable of the same thing?

And Colossus just got the Gem from Cytorak. Shouldn't he atleast in theory be on the same level as Juggs?

Difference between Mjolnir and Ring, is that You don't have to be experienced user to have the power of Thor. You can not know that You can make a god blast or something like that (but I belive that BRB knows about it, since he know Thor well), but all his stats are Yours from the beginning. Your willpower or practise with weapon doesn't matter. In Marvel similar situation is with Nova Force. You have to gain knowldge about it or be a talent in this, like Nova Prime's brother.  Ergo: not all Nova Froce/Quantum Bands/ring wielders are equal, but all Mjolnir/Strombreaker are equal (if they don't have another boosts). Only real difference between Thor and BRB is that BRB is more brutal and that he has cybernetic parts in his body. His speed, strength and durability is equal to Thor's because that is the SB's power.

About feats, BRB destroyed planets in his battle with Stardust, created portal to BFR small black hole or currently 

I agree about Colossus. A specially that it already happened once. I mean, Cyttorak once gived his power to some kid to humiliate Cain. Only thing Piotr can not know, is using force field.