• 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by EternalWrath (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Hogwarts is the location.  
 
Harry Potter (End of series) vs Sauron (End of series).  

Harry has the wand. Sauron has his stuff. 
 
Random encounter. 
 
Any win method applies. 
 
Who wins, people? 
 

  
#2 Posted by xxxddd (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@EternalWrath: How powerful is Sauron?

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32128 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxxddd said:

@EternalWrath: How powerful is Sauron?

he's more or less a low tier god 
Online
#4 Posted by xxxddd (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Feats?

#5 Posted by Illuminatus (9480 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry dies a horrible death.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32128 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#7 Posted by xxxddd (3566 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron, like most LOTR characters, doesn't have a lot of direct feats. His power is more implied than stated. Before he became evil though, he helped create the world. Note, Sauron and the Balrogs are the same species, the Maiar, which are basically lesser gods. And Sauron is by far the most powerful of the Maiar. The Balrog from the movies, Durin's Bane, was actually a lesser Maia, while Sauron was one of the originals.

As I said, Sauron doesn't have a lot of direct feats. But, let me give an example. Lore wise, this dude is a mook compared to Sauron, a minion.

#9 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see him stand up to the Avada Kedavra curse.

#10 Posted by ComicStooge (11813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

I'd like to see him stand up to the Avada Kedavra curse.

Harry has never used that curse before.

#11 Posted by Maluke (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge:

What about Crusio and Sectumsempra? Would it hurt him?

#12 Edited by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron would brush off anything Harry can cast (yes, even the killing curse) then bend him over

#13 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maluke said:

@ComicStooge:

What about Crusio and Sectumsempra? Would it hurt him?

Entirely unknown. To my knowledge, the only two things to ever hurt Sauron were Huan, (who was basically a wolf god) and Anduril, the sister sword of Angrist, the blade that was said to be able to cut anything. Though the details of the battle against Huan aren't exactly know, this was before Sauron forged the ring. Heck, for all we know, Sauron may have lost on purpose, just to weaken his master so he could later assume the mantle of dark lord.

Sauron also can't, to our knowledge, be killed. Even when the ring is destroyed in the Return of the King, he lives on. He comes back at the end of time for a final battle, the exact details of which are also unknown.

#14 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Harry dies a horrible death.

#15 Posted by ShootingNova (15236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@xxxddd said:

@EternalWrath: How powerful is Sauron?

he's more or less a low tier god

Sauron isn't a god, not even remotely, he's been stated by Tolkien to be a lesser angelic spirit.

On-topic, though, Sauron destroys him.

#16 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

I'd like to see him stand up to the Avada Kedavra curse.

Harry has never used that curse before.

He used it on Bellatrix after she killed Sirius, but he never had the right feeling in it so it didn't do much.

#17 Posted by ShootingNova (15236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: No, that was Crucio.

#18 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: I knew it was one of the three.

#19 Posted by ShootingNova (15236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: Well, it wasn't the Killing Curse.

#20 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'd still like to see him face the Killing Curse. Dumbledore or even Tom Riddle.

#21 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

I'd like to see him stand up to the Avada Kedavra curse.

Even though Sauron is almost a god and the only way you can kill him is seperating him from the Ring, which Harry wouldn't know about because they're from different universes.

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32128 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@xxxddd said:

@EternalWrath: How powerful is Sauron?

he's more or less a low tier god

Sauron isn't a god, not even remotely, he's been stated by Tolkien to be a lesser angelic spirit.

On-topic, though, Sauron destroys him.

Your right, I was getting my Maia and Valar mixed up
Online
#23 Posted by ShootingNova (15236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Valar are not gods either.

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32128 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Valar are not gods either.

demi-gods, they help create the world
Online
#25 Posted by ShootingNova (15236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Helping create the world does not signify your status as a god or not. Many gods have not created the world, many who have created the world are not.

Even if they were demigods (which they are not), they would still not be gods. Furthermore, the Valar are not humans treated as gods, nor are they children of gods and mortals. They also are not minor gods. So they are not demigods either by definition.

#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32128 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova: Ok define the difference between a god and an incredibly powerful reality warping spirit?
Online
#27 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@xxxddd said:

@EternalWrath: How powerful is Sauron?

he's more or less a low tier god

Sauron is not a god. I don't know why people keep throwing this term around for him. Tolkien directly stated that he was a 'minor spirit'.

@Laurcus:

Seriously. Can you stop with the god talk?

Huan a wolf god? Uh no. His only magical ability was to talk three times.

Sauron a god? Tolkien directly states that this is completely wrong. Nevermind the fact that there is only one god in LoTR!

The sword that cut Sauron was broken and lost a great deal of it's magic before it cut his finger off. Sauron's only durability feat in the books is entirely debateable.

@Hksaru said:

Sauron would brush off anything Harry can cast (yes, even the killing curse) then bend him over

Feel free to prove that. Sauron doesn't have feats to suggest this.

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@ShootingNova: Ok define the difference between a god and an incredibly powerful reality warping spirit?

They arn't gods. They arn't reality warpers. They are more like angels than anything. Most of their feats have been through using the power of Eru.

@minigunman123 said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

I'd like to see him stand up to the Avada Kedavra curse.

Even though Sauron is almost a god and the only way you can kill him is seperating him from the Ring, which Harry wouldn't know about because they're from different universes.

Sauron isn't almost a god. He's a lesser spirit.

#28 Posted by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron destroys him.

#29 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32128 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy: A lesser spirit that cant be killed, that helped to create the earth, that is one of the most powerful beings in the universe , that has more power than some characters in other fiction that are actually stated as "gods"?
Online
#30 Edited by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron stomps Harry. AK won't work on Sauron since he has an indestructible essence/soul. And he's completely immune to magic.

#31 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Baldy: A lesser spirit that cant be killed, that helped to create the earth, that is one of the most powerful beings in the universe , that has more power than some characters in other fiction that are actually stated as "gods"?

Virtually everything you've said is false or exagerrated. Maybe you should actually read some books with Sauron in them. Sauron lost virtually every fight he was in.

@kingkronos said:

Sauron stomps Harry. AK won't work on Sauron since he has an indestructible essence/soul. And he's completely immune to magic.

Way to completely make things up. This is blatently untrue.

#32 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy: Not completely perhaps, but he has immunity to magic.

#33 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

@Baldy: Not completely perhaps, but he has immunity to magic.

No he doesn't.

#34 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32128 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy: I have read everything Tolkien has ever wrote, if you weren't so condescending and instead of coming to a thread and saying "your'll all wrong, none of you know anything" how about trying "I don't think that's right and this is why.." while providing proof to back you up, until then I'm just going to ignore everything you post from now on. 
Online
#35 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

@kingkronos said:

@Baldy: Not completely perhaps, but he has immunity to magic.

No he doesn't.

Didn't Witch king have immunity to magic, and was stated to be that because of Sauron's spell?

#36 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Baldy: I have read everything Tolkien has ever wrote, if you weren't so condescending and instead of coming to a thread and saying "your'll all wrong, none of you know anything" how about trying "I don't think that's right and this is why.." while providing proof to back you up, until then I'm just going to ignore everything you post from now on.

Wait. Provide proof of what? You're the one making claims. The burden of proof lies on you.

#37 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (15898 posts) - - Show Bio

Lool.. funny thread. We have a harry potter hater here :)

#38 Edited by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

@Baldy said:

@kingkronos said:

@Baldy: Not completely perhaps, but he has immunity to magic.

No he doesn't.

Didn't Witch king have immunity to magic, and was stated to be that because of Sauron's spell?

I'm trying to think of an instance in which this was mentioned. He was killed by a mundane weapon, but it's possible and prehaps even highly likely, that he was either immune or highly resistant to such weapons until he was stabbed in the back of the knee by a dagger of Westernesse. Actually the fact that the dagger was most probably magical in nature points to him not being immune to magic.

Not that it matters, that was the Witch King and not Sauron.

#39 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2758 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope someone has the resurrection stone so we can see Harry again even if it's just an intangible image

#40 Posted by ShootingNova (15236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@ShootingNova: Ok define the difference between a god and an incredibly powerful reality warping spirit?

Okay....

From the dictionary:

god [god]

noun (plural gods)

1.supernatural being: one of a group of supernatural male beings in some religions, each of which is worshiped as the personification or controller of some aspect of the universe
  • Thor, the Norse god of thunder
  • -- Taken from the Dictionary
    Notice the underlined, italic part. Is Sauron in a religion where he is worshipped as a personification of something in the universe? Sauron isn't a personification anyways.
    #41 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio
    #42 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (873 posts) - - Show Bio

    @The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

    Then EXPLAIN THIS!

    Dont Take Away My Child Hood Man!

    #43 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

    I don't see Harry standing much of a chance here.

    #44 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

    @Monarch_Chronicle said:

    @The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

    Then EXPLAIN THIS!

    Dont Take Away My Child Hood Man!

    #45 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32128 posts) - - Show Bio
    @ShootingNova said:

    @Jonny_Anonymous said:

    @ShootingNova: Ok define the difference between a god and an incredibly powerful reality warping spirit?

    Okay....

    From the dictionary:

    god [god]

    noun (plural gods)

    1.supernatural being: one of a group of supernatural male beings in some religions, each of which is worshiped as the personification or controller of some aspect of the universe
  • Thor, the Norse god of thunder
  • -- Taken from the Dictionary
    Notice the underlined, italic part. Is Sauron in a religion where he is worshipped as a personification of something in the universe? Sauron isn't a personification anyways.
    So the only differenced is the being worshipped part? So I will say he is god-like then. 
    Online
    #46 Posted by ShootingNova (15236 posts) - - Show Bio

    @Jonny_Anonymous: Didn't you read my post? Not only is Sauron not worshipped, he is not a personification or controller of some aspect or nature of the universe. So not a god at all.

    #47 Posted by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

    @ShootingNova said:

    @Jonny_Anonymous: Didn't you read my post? Not only is Sauron not worshipped, he is not a personification or controller of some aspect or nature of the universe. So not a god at all.

    Then Morgoth his master is god?

    #48 Posted by ShootingNova (15236 posts) - - Show Bio

    @BigCimmerian: Morgoth isn't a true personification of a nature of the universe, so no.

    #49 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

    @jeanroygrant said:

    @Illuminatus said:

    Harry dies a horrible death.

    #50 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

    Sauron's not a god, not by any means but he is at least a very powerful demi god. Harry gets slaughtered by one mace hit or a ground splitting mace strike.