#1 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry Potter and Luke Skywalker (movie versions)

vs

Spiderman and Captain America (movie versions)

Morals on.

Shield, lightsaber, wand, Firebolt, and webs are the only equipment.

Spiderman is using a weaker version of his webs that only last 10 seconds before dissolving.

Start 100 yards apart on a football field.

Use feats from all Harry Potter movies, the 3 Raimi Spiderman movies, The First Avenger and The Avengers, and the last 3 Star Wars movies.

Win by KO.

If this is spite in either team's favor I apologize beforehand :p

This battle is just for the lols

#2 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

Harry: Accio Spider man and Captain America. Then Luke slices them with his lightsaber.

#3 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: nice reasoning, but won't Team 2's superior physical stats come into play? what about the shield and webs?

#4 Posted by killers10333 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry potters magic could take out cap or spiderman plausibly... spiderman would be harder but possible...luke imo could beat them both because of the force and lightsaber...force throw caps shield and slice him.luke is probably as strong as spiderman because he has the force to boost his movements and he can easily cut spiderman... plus his force gives him awareness aswell, probably equal to spider-sense.. so team 1 should win easily...i wouldnt say spite but yea

#5 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

@kingkronos: nice reasoning, but won't Team 2's superior physical stats come into play? what about the shield and webs?

Not really..... I doubt that Cap and Spiderman would come close to them. Cap is fast, but the moment Harry seems him coming, he can stun him easily. Luke can use the force to push him away. So Cap won't be much of a problem, since he won't get close enough to use his strength. Now his shield may help, but harry may freeze it midway, or conjure a shield, or Luke can use the force to get rid of it..... But that's assuming, they have the reflexes to do so....

Now Spiderman is very agile, but also, the moment these two spot him, they can take him down easily.

#6 Posted by ShootingNova (17081 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

Harry's spells combined with Luke's overall fighting prowess should be sufficient.

Captain's Shield is not too much of a point.

Harry can use Protego to deflect the shield or even Protego Totalus to prevent movement or usage in one area, and Luke can use the Force for similar purposes.

Spider-Man, alone, cannot stand against Luke and Harry' combined might.

#7 Posted by Swagger462 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a cakewalk for team 1.

#8 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Team 1.

Harry's spells combined with Luke's overall fighting prowess should be sufficient.

Captain's Shield is not too much of a point.

Harry can use Protego to deflect the shield or even Protego Totalus to prevent movement or usage in one area, and Luke can use the Force for similar purposes.

Spider-Man, alone, cannot stand against Luke and Harry' combined might.

Actually, yes he is. Spidey's reactions (even from the movies) are good enough to beat both of them. Cap's shield is worthless (Harry could turn it into a cup), but he could provide a decent enough distraction as well. Team 2 take it.

#9 Posted by ShootingNova (17081 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh: Not true. Luke has reacted well enough to deflect shots and Harry has sufficient reaction speed to fight Spider-Man to, as of DH p2.

#10 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

T1

#11 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke from the movies showed a proficient enough fighting skill to be able to win it fairly easily. The Force prevents anything from hurting him, and throwing in Harry's insta-kill spells seals the deal.

#12 Posted by ShootingNova (17081 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

Luke from the movies showed a proficient enough fighting skill to be able to win it fairly easily. The Force prevents anything from hurting him, and throwing in Harry's insta-kill spells seals the deal.

@The_Thunderer said:

T1

Pretty much.

#13 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 stomps.

#14 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

Team 1.

Harry: Accio Spider man and Captain America. Then Luke slices them with his lightsaber.

#15 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

I was about to say Skywalker solos with incredible ease, but then I realized we're going with movie feats only.

This one is tough to call. Generally speaking, all four of the characters in this fight are much weaker with their movie versions.

The HP movieverse uses very little creativity in combat spellcasting. Most of what they end up doing is basically like the Stupefy curse. The curses like what they use are generally pretty straightforward concussive (can be blocked by a vibranium shield) and projectile-style (can be dodged). I don't see Harry being very highly effective unless he gets on his Firebolt and shoots from the air.

Luke loses pretty much all of his best feats if he's restricted to the movie version, but he is still a force to be reckoned with. For the sake of a good fight, I'll assume vibranium will block a lightsaber. Having the force gives him the speed and pre-cog necessary to keep up with Cap and Spidey. The real issue is his morals. It's against Jedi code to kill or injure an unarmed opponent. He may be fine with hurting Cap, since the shield counts as a weapons, but would he hurt Spider-Man? Spidey's webs in the Raimi movies were organic. He did not have web shooters or anything else that could be construed as a weapon. I think Luke might hold himself back if engaging Spider-Man.

Spider-Man is far inferior in the movies. He is slower, weaker, has an inferior spider-sense, and limitations have been put on his webbing. I can see him being able to dodge Harry's spells in the beginning, but he would have a hard time of it once Harry sees how quick he is and adjusts accordingly. Spider-Man will have to get up close to be effective against either enemy, and the wide-open spaces of the football field don't give him the best chances of getting up close.

Cap, IMO, is the powerhouse of the fight. He can block offensive spells indefinitely (unless Harry uses something more creative, like "Accio shield". But he never really did that much in the movies), block the lightsaber, potentially knock Harry off his broom with a good shield ricochet, and he is strong enough to KO either enemy if he manages to land one solid hit.

In 2v2 battles, the usual style is for fighters to pair off from the start. Because of that, there are two potential scenarios I see.

Scenario 1: Harry vs Spidey, and Luke vs Cap.

Due to Spider-Man's lack of truly impressive speed/agility or a really good spider-sense in the movies, I wouldn't actually bet on him being able to dodge Harry's spells indefinitely. His only chance is to snag Harry's broom on a web in hopes of throwing him off, but even that plan could have some big hitches. I can see Harry beating Petey. Luke vs Cap is much closer. However, one has to remember that, even in the movies, Luke was capable of beating Darth Vader in 1-on-1. He has a small edge in both training and experience to Cap. Cap is stronger and faster, but I can still see Luke taking an extremely small majority.

Scenario 2: Harry vs Cap, and Luke vs Spidey

Cap would beat Harry. He can block concussive spells all day, and has the speed and presence of mind to knock Harry's broom out of the air. Luke, on the other hand, would probably lose to Spider-Man. He would hold himself back significantly, and would probably be disarmed at some point by webbing.

#16 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))) said:

Cap, IMO, is the powerhouse of the fight. He can block offensive spells indefinitely (unless Harry uses something more creative, like "Accio shield". But he never really did that much in the movies), block the lightsaber, potentially knock Harry off his broom with a good shield ricochet, and he is strong enough to KO either enemy if he manages to land one solid hit.

As I was reading I was wondering why no one stated anything about this .... captain is the power house because his shield REFLECTS everything ... remember him blocking thors attack and it causing a huge boom. Spells and lightsabers .. until proven otherwise would just be reflected.

That being said Luke may be able to pull it away from him w/ the force dunno if captain would let go though. Either way I would give the small majority to spider and captain.

#17 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

I think team 2 could take. Harry's reflexes in the movies are pretty bad and nowhere near Cap's or Spiderman's (not to mention Spidersense), as such I could see both of them dodging Harry's spells pretty easily till Spiderman gets near enough him to deliver a knockout or maybe just a web to the face which causes Harry to crash. Luke's force powers might be more an unknown but outside of deflecting blaster in front of him, his reflexes were nothing amazing either so both members on team 2 have the speed advantage and would eventually overwhelm him.

Give Cap's Shield a constant Protego charm it, that way he could deflect Harry's spells and it would be even easier.

#18 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6356 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Luke was a chump.

Potter was too slow. Spider-Man probably solos.

#19 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Movie Luke was a chump.

Potter was too slow. Spider-Man probably solos.

lols

#20 Posted by Supermansito (197 posts) - - Show Bio

LUKE solos so i say T1

#21 Posted by ShootingNova (17081 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supermansito said:

LUKE solos so i say T1

In the EU, he does without Team 2 even reacting.

But this is movie, so that isn't the case.

#22 Posted by Alien_Emperor_Xenu (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer: when someone has a father who talks through a gas mask and still be able fight like a normal jedi/sith, ill vote for that dude.

#23 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

team 2. spidey probably solos.

#24 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1, luke uses Jedi mind trick to make captain America fight spiderman than he force chokes the winner to death. Harry uses the accio spell to take captains shield away as well than hits them with the imperious spell just in case the mind trick fails.

#25 Edited by ShootingNova (17081 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bane_of_sith said:

Team 1, luke uses Jedi mind trick to make captain America fight spiderman than he force chokes the winner to death. Harry uses the accio spell to take captains shield away as well than hits them with the imperious spell just in case the mind trick fails.

Luke has not used a Mind Trick powerful enough to defeat someone with Steve's willpower. He failed against Jabba, since this is simply movie versions.

#26 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

That's why I said Harry uses the imperious spell, I wasn't sure if the mind trick would work on them, but that would, that why it's an unforgivable spell

#27 Posted by ShootingNova (17081 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bane_of_sith: I know, I was just saying. Mind Trick definitely fails.

#28 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

You think team 1 or 2 wins? I definitely think team one would take it

#29 Posted by ShootingNova (17081 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bane_of_sith: If you read the first page, you would realize that I favoured Team 1.

#30 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Skipped right to the last page. Sorry. I think an imobulous spell could really stop them in their tracks or the petrificus totalus, either way I agree team one would destroy

#31 Posted by ShootingNova (17081 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bane_of_sith: It's all good.

Yeah, I take Team 1 as the victor.

#32 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

With movie feats only Skywalker would go down against either of his opponents, assuming a light saber can be blocked by Cap's shield. However, I have no idea who would win because I know nothing about Harry Potter other than the fact that it is terribly written tripe.

#33 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6356 posts) - - Show Bio

Find it cute we have two blokes with serious daddy issues on the same team.

I say they see a kindred soul in Spidey's pain at Uncle Ben's loss, then all three see the father figure they never had in Steve Rogers, break down in tears and share in a group hug.

#34 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))) said:

I was about to say Skywalker solos with incredible ease, but then I realized we're going with movie feats only.

This one is tough to call. Generally speaking, all four of the characters in this fight are much weaker with their movie versions.

The HP movieverse uses very little creativity in combat spellcasting. Most of what they end up doing is basically like the Stupefy curse. The curses like what they use are generally pretty straightforward concussive (can be blocked by a vibranium shield) and projectile-style (can be dodged). I don't see Harry being very highly effective unless he gets on his Firebolt and shoots from the air.

Luke loses pretty much all of his best feats if he's restricted to the movie version, but he is still a force to be reckoned with. For the sake of a good fight, I'll assume vibranium will block a lightsaber. Having the force gives him the speed and pre-cog necessary to keep up with Cap and Spidey. The real issue is his morals. It's against Jedi code to kill or injure an unarmed opponent. He may be fine with hurting Cap, since the shield counts as a weapons, but would he hurt Spider-Man? Spidey's webs in the Raimi movies were organic. He did not have web shooters or anything else that could be construed as a weapon. I think Luke might hold himself back if engaging Spider-Man.

Spider-Man is far inferior in the movies. He is slower, weaker, has an inferior spider-sense, and limitations have been put on his webbing. I can see him being able to dodge Harry's spells in the beginning, but he would have a hard time of it once Harry sees how quick he is and adjusts accordingly. Spider-Man will have to get up close to be effective against either enemy, and the wide-open spaces of the football field don't give him the best chances of getting up close.

Cap, IMO, is the powerhouse of the fight. He can block offensive spells indefinitely (unless Harry uses something more creative, like "Accio shield". But he never really did that much in the movies), block the lightsaber, potentially knock Harry off his broom with a good shield ricochet, and he is strong enough to KO either enemy if he manages to land one solid hit.

In 2v2 battles, the usual style is for fighters to pair off from the start. Because of that, there are two potential scenarios I see.

Scenario 1: Harry vs Spidey, and Luke vs Cap.

Due to Spider-Man's lack of truly impressive speed/agility or a really good spider-sense in the movies, I wouldn't actually bet on him being able to dodge Harry's spells indefinitely. His only chance is to snag Harry's broom on a web in hopes of throwing him off, but even that plan could have some big hitches. I can see Harry beating Petey. Luke vs Cap is much closer. However, one has to remember that, even in the movies, Luke was capable of beating Darth Vader in 1-on-1. He has a small edge in both training and experience to Cap. Cap is stronger and faster, but I can still see Luke taking an extremely small majority.

Scenario 2: Harry vs Cap, and Luke vs Spidey

Cap would beat Harry. He can block concussive spells all day, and has the speed and presence of mind to knock Harry's broom out of the air. Luke, on the other hand, would probably lose to Spider-Man. He would hold himself back significantly, and would probably be disarmed at some point by webbing.

The first intelligent response.

@ShootingNova said:

@girugamesh: Not true. Luke has reacted well enough to deflect shots and Harry has sufficient reaction speed to fight Spider-Man to, as of DH p2.

Bull, that is not impressive enough to make a case to say that Luke could avoid all of Pete's attacks. Dodging the movie blaster bolts isn't impressive at all, Han and Leia were doing it ok.

And when has Harry ever shown anything above peak human? Dodging a few spells doesn't make him capable of avoiding all of Spidey's attacks.

I accept that team 1 may win, but it certainly won't be as simple as a lot of people are making it out to be.

#35 Edited by ShootingNova (17081 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh: I never said it was easy.

It doesn't matter. Han and Leia were dodging them while Luke was actually deflecting them, and even when blindfolded. Harry was able to avoid multiple spells simultaneously or so and with his Firebolt around it might change the things. Not that Team 2 can't win, but things like the Imperius curse or Crucio or something would change it.

The good thing is that its not EU Luke, which would make this battle spite.

#36 Posted by Supermansito (197 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Supermansito said:

LUKE solos so i say T1

In the EU, he does without Team 2 even reacting.

But this is movie, so that isn't the case.

ok got it.... my pick still T1

#37 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alien_Emperor_Xenu said:

@ChaosBlazer: when someone has a father who talks through a gas mask and still be able fight like a normal jedi/sith, ill vote for that dude.

XD lol

#38 Posted by ShootingNova (17081 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supermansito: Okay.

#39 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@girugamesh: I never said it was easy.

It doesn't matter. Han and Leia were dodging them while Luke was actually deflecting them, and even when blindfolded. Harry was able to avoid multiple spells simultaneously or so and with his Firebolt around it might change the things. Not that Team 2 can't win, but things like the Imperius curse or Crucio or something would change it.

The good thing is that its not EU Luke, which would make this battle spite.

Oh I know, EU Luke would stomp both of them.

And all the same, I see it going either way, it just depends who attacks who first.

#40 Posted by ShootingNova (17081 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh: Kind of.

#41 Posted by YoungJustice (6841 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry solos

#42 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17359 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

Team 1.

Harry: Accio Spider man and Captain America. Then Luke slices them with his lightsaber.

ROFL I would love to see that accio spider man and captain america :)

accio glasses.. ok. accio firebolt.. ok. accio spiderman?? looll

#43 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17359 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles: you need to kill his godfather first to make him use instant kill.. he uses only wand :)

but anyway, harry can do a lot of versatile things.. protego for defense if Luke's force is not enough (I doubt that) and once stunned, they have no way to come back in fight..

@sandiego008 said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

Cap, IMO, is the powerhouse of the fight. He can block offensive spells indefinitely (unless Harry uses something more creative, like "Accio shield". But he never really did that much in the movies), block the lightsaber, potentially knock Harry off his broom with a good shield ricochet, and he is strong enough to KO either enemy if he manages to land one solid hit.

As I was reading I was wondering why no one stated anything about this .... captain is the power house because his shield REFLECTS everything ... remember him blocking thors attack and it causing a huge boom. Spells and lightsabers .. until proven otherwise would just be reflected.

That being said Luke may be able to pull it away from him w/ the force dunno if captain would let go though. Either way I would give the small majority to spider and captain.

accio isn't the flying light unlike stunners.. it cannot be reflected but has to be blocked magically.. and if captain doesn't let go of the shield, keep knocking him about till he is ko'd.. (btw did anyone think that spidey could win solo by either boring or laughing them to death by his jokes?)

I would go for team 1.. harry potter isn't all heroic, but the opposition has no answer to harry's type of magic.