Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Stephen King's greatest sorcerer vs Jim Butcher's great wizard. Both have access to all feats.

Both have 3 days prep.

Battle in dark part of New York.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Wyldsong

@sirfizzwhizz: I need to review Flagg's feats, been awhile, but Harry with three days prep is pretty damn beastly. For now, I'll back Harry for a slight majority.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@sirfizzwhizz: I need to review Flagg's feats, been awhile, but Harry with three days prep is pretty damn beastly. For now, I'll back Harry for a slight majority.

dude, we should CaV this.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

dude, we should CaV this.

I'll think about it bro. I have read the full body of Dresden's appearances, but I would need some bit of time to actually put together his feats. As is, I need a refresher=)

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: what is Dreden max? From what i seen he seems street level.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: what is Dreden max? From what i seen he seems street level.

He generally does street stuff, but in more recent times has played in the higher tiers. Give him some prep, and he can raise the bar quite a bit. Again though, I'd really have to do a review to give you a solid answer. One of his better feats was altering a spell that was meant to kill him and his family line, so that it would kill every Red Court vampire on the planet. He is pretty good with magic on the fly.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Randal Flagg is more classy with spells. Not real hard core on magic as Psy abilities, and knoweldge of alchemy and time travel/universes.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Randal Flagg is more classy with spells. Not real hard core on magic as Psy abilities, and knoweldge of alchemy and time travel/universes.

Honestly, I disliked his death. I feel like he deserved something a bit more epic and dying while facing Roland.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Honestly, I disliked his death. I feel like he deserved something a bit more epic and dying while facing Roland.

Yeah, i felt King tried to give rep to Mordred by doing that, and in the end, it was a out of character death for Randall.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the Stand and the Dark Tower. I think RF is a great character. But what can he really do? Aside from walking between worlds and swaying the minds of weaker men, I can't remember him ever showing the kinda in-face power that Dresden throws around constantly.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaztacular: He shown great abilities i think. Not low class anyway.

He also attack psy wise powerful people like Sheemie, and Alain.

So more than weaker minds.

He also has the pink Sphere for the longest time.

He also shown time and again to transmute himself, others, and objects with a wave of the hand.

He is pretty formidable.

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much of this Dresden fellow, but he's going to have to use all of his cunning to develop a plan that the Walkin' Dude won't already see coming.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much of this Dresden fellow, but he's going to have to use all of his cunning to develop a plan that the Walkin' Dude won't already see coming.

That too thanks to his fortune abilities.

No Caption Provided

Gaztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Thankee sai. And I cry your pardon for not having read those comics.

That said, I don't think the assailing the mind of poor, powerful but broken Sheemie Ruiz is equal to assailing the mental fortress of Harry Dresden. Beating Alain that easily with his Touch, gunslinger training, and ka-tet bond to Roland is a lot more impressive to me.

But pulling lightning that precisely from the sky and the instantaneous forced body transformations: yikes. That's not stuff Harry can match at all. Flagg wins in a pretty big mismatch.

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xeno_Seeker

@sirfizzwhizz:

oh I know of them quite well.

the source material for those scans are currently on my desk lol. I am a gigantic "Tower Junkie" as Edward Cantor Dean would put it.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeno_seeker: I just hope they at the least finish the series in comic form.

@sirfizzwhizz: Thankee sai. And I cry your pardon for not having read those comics.

That said, I don't think the assailing the mind of poor, powerful but broken Sheemie Ruiz is equal to assailing the mental fortress of Harry Dresden. Beating Alain that easily with his Touch, gunslinger training, and ka-tet bond to Roland is a lot more impressive to me.

But pulling lightning that precisely from the sky and the instantaneous forced body transformations: yikes. That's not stuff Harry can match at all. Flagg wins in a pretty big mismatch.

You should read the comics, they are so well done, with bonus material in lore in each one.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sirfizzwhizz: Give me a few weeks to put all my scans and quotes together that I'm currently doing right now anyways, and we should make a CAV of this. Would be awesome.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tparks

@sirfizzwhizz: Nevermind. Didn't notice you and Wyld might already have it covered. Lol. Well I'll be on deck in just in case.

I'm making scans for a CaV eventually anyways. Harry needs to be in the battle forums more. His books are just too action packed not to be, and he's got some nice comics out now too.

Also, I'm really impressed with your Flagg feat collection. Love that character.

Also, I've been re-listening to the books on tape, and it's the actor who played Spike from Buffy who does the voice of Harry in every novel. Kind of a cool nod to horror/action genre to use him, thought you might like to know as a fellow Buffy-fan.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@tparks: i dont think he has the time, I like to debate ya as well.

Spike being used sounds strange, because he is so sarcastic lol. Being serious would be a rare side to hear.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tparks

@sirfizzwhizz: Dresden Files are told in first person, and Harry can be pretty sarcastic, and has a pretty good sense of humor, so he fits the role well. He does a wonderful job actually. I prefer the audio version because of his performance.

I'm through going back through the first three books getting notes back from them, I'll let you know when I'm back up to date if you're still interested.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers