Harley Quinn vs Barbara Gordon (Read OP)

• 78 results
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Erik

@CitizenBane said:

Eh, quite honestly this is pretty even. I'm going to say Babs wins barely, as long as no one brings up the time Harley held her own against Dick, Tim and Cass at the same time.

Someone already brought it up so so much for that. :p

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By RainEffect
@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

Eh, quite honestly this is pretty even. I'm going to say Babs wins barely, as long as no one brings up the time Harley held her own against Dick, Tim and Cass at the same time.

When the hell did this happen?
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Saren

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

That's what I get for just jumping in.

@RainEffect said:

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

Her solo series, it was filled with fan service. She punked Batman, hit Croc in the nuts with a hammer, and survived an explosion that Bizarro pulled her into without even a scratch.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RainEffect
@CitizenBane said:

@RainEffect said:

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

Her solo series, it was filled with fan service. She punked Batman, hit Croc in the nuts with a hammer, and survived an explosion that Bizarro pulled her into without even a scratch.

LOL. The only one I could actually see happening is the Croc one - only because he's become a jobber in recent memory. I can't remember the last time he did anything 'feat worthy', though you probably have better memory than me.

@HBKTimHBK: I was just re-reading No Man's Land and Helena does a hell of a good job as Batgirl, even though Batman eventually demands she take it off. 

Why?

Because she failed to protect a district from 200 of Two-Face's goons. >.> 

I'd love to see someone else from the Bat Family try and do what Helena did.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Saren

As Batgirls go,

Steph > Cass > Helena > Babs (was better as Oracle).

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By RainEffect
@CitizenBane said:

As Batgirls go,

Fanboy. xD

But seriously, what has Steph done to earn that top spot? Aside from being the most likable/relate-able.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Saren

@RainEffect said:

@CitizenBane said:

As Batgirls go,

Fanboy. xD But seriously, what has Steph done to earn that top spot? Aside from being the most likable/relate-able.

Saved Gotham when the Calculator set the Anti-Life equation on everyone, saved Dick's life, saved London with Squire, infiltrated the School of Night for Batman, some other stuff I can't recall offhand.

Helena didn't do anything for Batman Inc as far as I know.

Also, when Steph yells "Shazam!", Supergirl, Miss Martian, Bombshell and Star Girl show up. Can Huntress do that? Huh? Huh?

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@RainEffect said:

@CitizenBane said:

@RainEffect said:

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane said:

LOL. The only one I could actually see happening is the Croc one - only because he's become a jobber in recent memory. I can't remember the last time he did anything 'feat worthy', though you probably have better memory than me.

@HBKTimHBK: I was just re-reading No Man's Land and Helena does a hell of a good job as Batgirl, even though Batman eventually demands she take it off.

Why?

Because she failed to protect a district from 200 of Two-Face's goons. >.>

I'd love to see someone else from the Bat Family try and do what Helena did.

I'm biased towards Babs as Batgirl, what can I say? lol

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Any other arguments?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#60  Edited By Joygirl

IMO a little bit of "fanservice" (thought that was sexy poses though?) that actually gives her some feats is worth a career of being written as a lackey despite having skills and powers. On the Batgirl end of things... I dunno. Just never was that impressed with Barbara Gordon. She's like a mini-Bat only nowhere near as impressive, and with even less distinguishing qualities.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By ReVamp

@Erik said:

1. I strongly disagree.
  2. Her legs are not yet fully recovered. That is all.
  3. Would not work at all. In fact, that is one of the first things you learn in wheelchair self defense seeing as how most aggressors actually try to take a wheelchair bound person from behind.
  1. Guess we just have to disagree, there's not enough evidence for any of us to prove our point.
  2. Yes. Exactly my point. She's not at her potential with her legs in this state.
  3. Yes, but Huntress is not a regular joe.

It doesn't really matter though, not like this debate is going to make Barbara lose either round.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By Stronger

Barbara wins.Harley Quinn isnt much of a fighter.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Stronger said:

I think they're decently on the same level, with the enhanced attributes and such

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Stronger

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Stronger said:

I think they're decently on the same level, with the enhanced attributes and such

Enhanced Harley is the worst idea they could think,if you ask me.She was a lot better as Jokers girlfriend

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Stronger said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Stronger said:

Enhanced Harley is the worst idea they could think,if you ask me.She was a lot better as Jokers girlfriend

Eh, things change I guess, especially with the New 52.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Stronger

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Stronger said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Stronger said:

Eh, things change I guess, especially with the New 52.

Yeah,I suppose.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Erik

@ReVamp said:

1. Guess we just have to disagree, there's not enough evidence for any of us to prove our point.
  2. Yes. Exactly my point. She's not at her potential with her legs in this state.
  3. Yes, but Huntress is not a regular joe.

It doesn't really matter though, not like this debate is going to make Barbara lose either round.

1. Yeah there is. Read BoP and Batgirl and compare her fighting ability to all her appearances as Batgirl.
  2. Which does not mean anything other than acrobatics is effected. And considering she has already shown us that she is still very competent against someone much much better than Harley, I fail to see how it benefits the clown.
  3. Irrelevant when Barbara is better than her.
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By HolySerpent

No. Harley was better with the Gotham sirens

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@HolySerpent said:

I prefer her anywhere just not with Joker, I believe it's just holding back her character from evolving.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Erik

@HolySerpent said:

I might have to change my opinion. I forgot about that series since I have yet to read it.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#71  Edited By Joygirl

I wish she didn't gravitate to the closest authority figure, she seems to do best by herself. Even Ivy keeps her down.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Joygirl: She's getting better at least, lol

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ReVamp

@Erik said:

1. Yeah there is. Read BoP and Batgirl and compare her fighting ability to all her appearances as Batgirl.
  2. Which does not mean anything other than acrobatics is effected. And considering she has already shown us that she is still very competent against someone much much better than Harley, I fail to see how it benefits the clown.
  3. Irrelevant when Barbara is better than her.
  1. I have read BoP nearly completely. Have yet to read Batgirl.
  2. It means her ability to dodge and evade attacks are effected, which are two essential abilities to fighting. If you want to put "Evading" and "Dodging" under "Acrobatics" you can, but you must acknowledge the fact that both are relevant to fighting ability. [Or you musn't, that's up to you] I didn't say it benefits the Clown. Go back and read my previous posts, I mentioned explicitly that I'm simply defending Old Barbara > New Barbara, not that Harley wins.
  3. Not when she is incapacitated severely. Why would Barbara decide to become Oracle when she lots the use of her legs, if she's still at the same level that she was before. Why didn't she continue to fight crime like she used to?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Erik

@ReVamp:

• It does not matter that her legs are not in top shape. That does not and I repeat, NOT mean that Classic Batgirl is a more competent fighter than her time as Oracle. It merely meant that in order to maintain and even improve her skill, she had to adjust to her new lifestyle, which she did and then some.
  • Uh I do not think you know what I am even arguing about if you really are posting your third point. To even try that tells me you are trying to be a sarcastic twat or you just are lost. Obviously she could not be Batgirl without the use of her legs but that does not mean she could not maintain and even increase her fighting ability. The two do not go hand in hand.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ReVamp

@Erik:

1. I'll disagree. While she can improve her skill hand-to-hand on the wheelchair, it doesn't mean that her total fighting ability goes up.
  2. I disagree. Maybe my point wasn't totally relevant to the argument. I think she could increase her skill but no her fighting ability in total.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#76  Edited By Strafe Prower

Bump

I love how Babs has no feats as Batgirl, yet manages to pull a win in this. Rubbish IMO.

OppositeOfYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By OppositeOfYou

Round 1: Barbara Gordon

Round 2: Harley... i think. Its a close one.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Didn't see this bump coming...lol