owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

Edited By owie  Moderator

[edited from my original post last year, on my first vineversary]

This (2013) is my second Vineversary. Over the past two years I've continued to enjoy the two main things that drew me to the site when I first joined, which are the wiki and the battle forum. I've especially enjoyed putting my creativity into making battles. As of today I've made 200 battles: 113 in my first year and 87 this year (I'm slowing down a bit but at least they average out nicely!). You can find them all compressed under the spoilers sections below.

If you want to celebrate my second Vineversary, then please bump one of my battles, especially one of the lesser-discussed ones!

As you can easily see if you browse through, I may be unintentionally winning the "most battles with the least comments" award, which probably has more than a little to do with my tendency to use less-than-prominent characters in an attempt to give them some deserved time in the spotlight.

It's been a lot of fun to talk with all of you over the past two years, and I'm looking forward to many more years on the Vine. Thanks to everyone who has participated in my threads!

EDIT: the spoiler block works correctly if you see this directly through my blog, but if you see it through the forums, it's a little off: you have to click the Spoilers line, then that brings up a second Spoilers line, and you have to click that one too. Then it will show all the battles.

My second year's battles:

Bracket Battles

Streetlevel(ish)

Mid-tier

Cosmic

Fun/Themed

My first year's battles:

Bracket Battles:

Streetlevel(ish)

Mid-tier

Cosmic

Fun/Themed

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By MenaceForever2

@Owie: You sir are my idol ( behind YNCG and Mercy_)

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sandiego008

I'm shocked I missed some brackets ... I'll get to them sometime in the near future ...I appreciate the call out but I appreciate the well thought out battle threads even more keep them coming !

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pooty

@Owie: Those are some HORRIBLE THREADS!!! I will not be bumping them. Just playing. Whether we agreed or you were wrong, I've enjoyed your comments. Many more happy years on the Vine!!!!!!!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator
@menaceforever said:

@Owie: You sir are my idol ( behind YNCG and Mercy_)

Thanks!

@sandiego008 said:

I'm shocked I missed some brackets ... I'll get to them sometime in the near future ...I appreciate the call out but I appreciate the well thought out battle threads even more keep them coming !

Well, they were coming out fast and furious there for a while.  Even I almost missed them!  But like I said, I really appreciate the work you put into those answers.

@pooty said:

@Owie: Those are some HORRIBLE THREADS!!! I will not be bumping them. Just playing. Whether we agreed or you were wrong, I've enjoyed your comments. Many more happy years on the Vine!!!!!!!

Haha--right back atcha!  Thanks pooty.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By owie  Moderator
@Renchamp said:

Sweet wiki points. Way to be well-rounded. It's rare around here.

Thanks, I appreciate it--and props back at your own wiki record!  I just feel like if I'm going to take advantage of the wiki by using it's info to inform my debates in battles, I ought to pay it back by adding to it, you know?  It's sort of a basic duty as a user, to my mind.  I wish wiki-ing was more popular, and I don't really understand why it isn't.  Sometimes I just imagine what it would be like if every member did a minimum of 1000 wiki points.  It doesn't take too long to get that much, as I'm sure you know.  You could probably get 1000 points by writing a couple paragraphs on each of 10 characters.  The wiki would be so much more robust that way.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By owie  Moderator

Bump for year number two!

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@owie: Dang I never made anywhere close to that many threads O_O Congrats dude xD.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 owie  Moderator

@owie: Dang I never made anywhere close to that many threads O_O Congrats dude xD.

Thanks!

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

woah...