• 50 results
#1 Posted by dorukesin (5676 posts) - - Show Bio

The Man of Steel(Henry Cavill)

vs

Team X-Men:Wolverine,Colosus,Sabretooth,Cyclops,Phoenix(Jean Grey),Juggernaut,Storm,Lady Deathstrike

Area:New York

Bloodlust on

Morals off

Win by only and only REAL DEATH

Can The Man of STEEL take X-MEN team ?

#2 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel stomps

#3 Posted by eternityx (2745 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix solos.

#4 Posted by Experio (15510 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark is hopelessly outmatched, this is a mismatch. The least you could have down was give Superman two of his teammates. There is no way Superman can even stop Juggernaut or Phoenix unless sun-dipped

#5 Posted by dorukesin (5676 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio: Phoneix or Juggernaut ? Dude are you serious ?? Superman was fighting blitz.He rips jean and juggernaut heart in a few seconds

#6 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21776 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman snaps all their necks in a picosecond

#7 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio
@experio said:

Clark is hopelessly outmatched, this is a mismatch. The least you could have down was give Superman two of his teammates. There is no way Superman can even stop Juggernaut or Phoenix unless sun-dipped

I probably would have agreed if this wasn't movie versions.

The guy from the crappy movie wins.

#8 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16875 posts) - - Show Bio

...this is really just Phoenix vs Man of Steel again...all of the other X-men are irrelevant and have nothing to show they can compete with Man of Steel.

#9 Edited by SheenLantern (6500 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

There is no way Superman can even stop Juggernaut

Uh, what did Juggernaut do that puts him above Man Of Steel?

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (41357 posts) - - Show Bio

...this is really just Phoenix vs Man of Steel again...all of the other X-men are irrelevant and have nothing to show they can compete with Man of Steel.

#11 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

There is no way Superman can even stop Juggernaut

Uh, what did Juggernaut do that puts him above Man Of Steel?

#12 Posted by Iragexcudder (4631 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#13 Posted by RogueShadow (10373 posts) - - Show Bio

Minus nonentities of X team. MOS blasts a fist through Phoenix's head.

#14 Posted by dorukesin (5676 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by dondave (36685 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

#16 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1821 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#18 Edited by tparks (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear there is about a thousand of this exact thread and Superman curbstomps every time. There has never been a feat in any of the X-men movies that shows any of them could damage Supes. Maybe Wolverine's claws, but he isn't fast enough to ever come close to touching Superman.

This thread does have bloodlust, so the rules are different, but that just makes me think Superman stomps even faster. Snaps necks, heat vision, punches, or knocks a building down on top of them in less then 10 seconds and all the X-Men are dead. This is spite.

#19 Posted by Experio (15510 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Experio (15510 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4144 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark dies mercilessly. Cavill didn't show very impressive stats as Superman. And all of those people (Including Pheonix alongside Juggernaut) Is just overkill.

#22 Posted by JetiiMitra (8536 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark dies mercilessly. Cavill didn't show very impressive stats as Superman. And all of those people (Including Pheonix alongside Juggernaut) Is just overkill.

Because accidentally breaking mountains, creating shockwaves from his punches, and surviving re-entry into Earth's atmosphere isn't impressive. Juggernaut did zero to prove he could even scratch Clark. Phoenix is the only one with a chance, and considering she died from a stab and showed no reaction feats anywhere near Kryptonian, I'd back the bloodlusted guy with super-speed and laser vision.

#23 Edited by Pope052 (3108 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean would beat Superman, the rest of the X-Men are non-factors though. Superman has no resistance to Jean's telepathy on it's own and she could easily win by those means.

Phoenix slaughters him. Even if he was going to blitz them all, he'd go for the most formidable looking one (which certainly isn't Jean, more likely Juggernaut ), giving Jean time to mind-rape him or disintegrate him with a thought.

And even if, a very big IF her telepathy didn't kill Superman, it would at the very least hold him down giving Wolverine time to send his claws through Clark's skull, and that's only a couple of the many scenarios that Jean prevails.

#24 Posted by godzilla44 (3059 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: I doubt that wolverines claws can through him and he can just heat vision all of them all in a second

#25 Edited by Pope052 (3108 posts) - - Show Bio

@godzilla44:

Why wouldn't Wolverine's claws cut through him? Does MOS suddenly have an immunity to Adamantium? No, he doesn't. Adamanitum cuts through anything, not anything but Superman. Unless Superman has been stabbed by Wolverine and with no affect, he will get cut.

Also, Jean would mind-rape him before he got a chance to use his Heat-Vison.

#26 Edited by patrat18 (9615 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Wardemon32 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052:

Actaully Jean isn't discenegrating Superman that easy. If it was actually that easy then he would hae died when he entered Earth. And the only real feat she actually has is "beating" Xavier, which she techncially didn't since she just discentegrated him. She hasn't been shown to be able to stop people from moving(Airport Scene, White House, other Airport scene, and Sebastian Shaw). I'm not saying that she can't but she has never really been shown to.

Wolverine=One shotted.

Lady Deathstrike= One shotted.

Storm=One shotted. +She couldn't even catch up wit Callisto. She damn sure isn't tagging Superman or even survivng a blow.

Cyclops=One shotted.

Sabertooth=One shotted.

Colosus-One shotted. I recall him getting hurt by a pretty sizeable rock.

Juggernaut=One shotted. He has no feats to suggest otherwise,

Jean Grey= One shotted.

Phoenix slaughters him. Even if he was going to blitz them all, he'd go for the most formidable looking one (which certainly isn't Jean, more likely Juggernaut ), giving Jean time to mind-rape him or disintegrate him with a thought.

Actually this isn't entirely true. From Man Of Steel he should have already noticed that he shouldn't judge a character by their looks. If you look at Faora and Nam-Ek side by side you would automatically assume Nam-Ek wins. Faora put up more of a fight than Nam-Ek did and Superman, using his common sense, should have realized that. So why should he do that here?

And are you saying every round he goes after that one persom? I highly doubt it. He should be able to blitz all of them in less than a second.

And even if, a very big IF her telepathy didn't kill Superman, it would at the very least hold him down giving Wolverine time to send his claws through Clark's skull, and that's only a couple of the many scenarios that Jean prevails.

How is "mind-raping" him(which she wouldn't even get the chance to do) stopping him from using laser vision?

When has someone in X-Men killed someone with telepathy anyways?

#28 Posted by Erick_Williams (758 posts) - - Show Bio

One-shot party for Clark

#29 Posted by Pope052 (3108 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32:

If it was actually that easy then he would hae died when he entered Earth.

What is that even supposed to mean?

And the only real feat she actually has is "beating" Xavier, which she techncially didn't since she just discentegrated him.

The Phoenix was overwhelming Xavier's mind. Yes she disintegrated him but why are you implying that she wouldn't be able to disintegrate Man of Steel? The Phoenix Force (although weakened in the film) is still > Superman, he can't even contend with it.

Jean hadn't displayed too much feats with it as it hadn't completely taken her over (hence why Wolverine wasn't incinerated). But that in no way implies that MOS would defeat it/her.

She hasn't been shown to be able to stop people from moving(Airport Scene, White House, other Airport scene, and Sebastian Shaw). I'm not saying that she can't but she has never really been shown to.

What are you talking about? Sebastian Shaw was in X-Men First Class, Jean wasn't.

How is "mind-raping" him(which she wouldn't even get the chance to do) stopping him from using laser vision?

What suggests that it wouldn't stop him from using Heat Vision? Telepathic attacks damages the mind severely, Superman shouldn't be able to resist or counter it, and he hasn't displayed anything that suggests that he'd withstand telepathy. So there's no reason as to why Superman shouldn't be mind-raped.

When has someone in X-Men killed someone with telepathy anyways?

When has MOS blitzed 8 people in less than a second? It doesn't matter if she kills him or not, she can at the very minimum keep him down on the ground in pain and/or mind-control him into thinking he's on the same side as the X-Men. In either of those scenarios that gives Wolverine time to pierce Clark's skull with his claws.

#30 Posted by godzilla44 (3059 posts) - - Show Bio

MAN OF STEEL STOMPS

#31 Edited by cooljammy18 (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

#32 Edited by Wardemon32 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052:

You said she can disintergrate him with a thought. I was saying if it was that easy for him to be disintergrated then he wouldn't have survived re-entering Earths atomosphere when he was fighting Zod. He wasn't hurt or cut by it at all actually.

The Phoenix was overwhelming Xavier's mind. Yes she disintegrated him but why are you implying that she wouldn't be able to disintegrate Man of Steel? The Phoenix Force (although weakened in the film) is still > Superman, he can't even contend with it.

Jean hadn't displayed too much feats with it as it hadn't completely taken her over (hence why Wolverine wasn't incinerated). But that in no way implies that MOS would defeat it/her.

Comics doesn't matter. Just film. Saying the Phenoix force>Superman doesn't actually say why she would be able to disintegrate him. Superman was "weakened" compared to his comic counterpart but I'm not bringing it up. I really don't see why that matters anyways honestly...

And why does it matter if she didn't "completely take control of her"? When she was in control at the moment, I'm pretty sure she was using her power to the fullest extent. Pheonix was still in control while she was fighting Wolverine. She only lost control when Wolverine was standing one foot from her. The whole fight scene she had control but you're saying when it came up to Wolverine she didn't have "full control"? She couldn't kill Wolverine. Plain and Simple.

What are you talking about? Sebastian Shaw was in X-Men First Class, Jean wasn't.

When I put those in parenthesis and said "Stop people from moving" I was refrencing Xavier. I thought you would have caught that from the airport scene in X-2 and Wolverine, Nightcrawler scene in the White House, and when Xavier froze Sebastian.

I'm not saying that Jean was in First Class--she obviously wasnt.

What I'm saying is that only Xavier has been shown to stop people from moving. Jean hasn't been shown to have that skill.

What suggests that it wouldn't stop him from using Heat Vision? Telepathic attacks damages the mind severely, Superman shouldn't be able to resist or counter it, and he hasn't displayed anything that suggests that he'd withstand telepathy. So there's no reason as to why Superman shouldn't be mind-raped.

So you're saying if Superman mind is messed up, he wouldn't be able to use Heat Vision?

If thats the case then he wouldn't have been able to use his Heat Vision when he was in school and he was trying to adpat to Earth atmosphere(which also messes with his mind).

And you're getting things mixed up again. I never said that Superman can't be mind raped. I'm just pointing out how Heat Vision should still be on the table.

But when you say "mind-rape", can you explain what exactly can/will she do whole mind raping him?

When has MOS blitzed 8 people in less than a second? It doesn't matter if she kills him or not, she can at the very minimum keep him down on the ground in pain and/or mind-control him into thinking he's on the same side as the X-Men. In either of those scenarios that gives Wolverine time to pierce Clark's skull with his claws.

He hasn't blitzed 8 people in less than a second, but theres clear evidence that he can.

She has never showed any sort of mind control in the X-Men series so why are you saying that she can? And again, he can use his Heat Vision while he is under TP. In X-Men, TP is just showed as a strain on the brain, he should still be able to use his Heat Vision. Just becuase he's in pain it doesn't mean he can't use his powers.

And no that whole Wolverine thing is not happening. Not only that he can be blown back with Supermans heat vision, but Wolverine would have already been blitzed by then. You mean to tell me, you think Jean can TP a bloodlusted/morals off Superman before he gets to blitz any one of them?

#33 Edited by godzilla44 (3059 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052:

You said she can disintergrate him with a thought. I was saying if it was that easy for him to be disintergrated then he wouldn't have survived re-entering Earths atomosphere when he was fighting Zod. He wasn't hurt or cut by it at all actually.

Comics doesn't matter. Just film. Saying the Phenoix force>Superman doesn't actually say why she would be able to disintegrate him. Superman was "weakened" compared to his comic counterpart but I'm not bringing it up. I really don't see why that matters anyways honestly...

And why does it matter if she didn't "completely take control of her"? When she was in control at the moment, I'm pretty sure she was using her power to the fullest extent. Pheonix was still in control while she was fighting Wolverine. She only lost control when Wolverine was standing one foot from her. The whole fight scene she had control but you're saying when it came up to Wolverine she didn't have "full control"? She couldn't kill Wolverine. Plain and Simple.

When I put those in parenthesis and said "Stop people from moving" I was refrencing Xavier. I thought you would have caught that from the airport scene in X-2 and Wolverine, Nightcrawler scene in the White House, and when Xavier froze Sebastian.

I'm not saying that Jean was in First Class--she obviously wasnt.

What I'm saying is that only Xavier has been shown to stop people from moving. Jean hasn't been shown to have that skill.

So you're saying if Superman mind is messed up, he wouldn't be able to use Heat Vision?

If thats the case then he wouldn't have been able to use his Heat Vision when he was in school and he was trying to adpat to Earth atmosphere(which also messes with his mind).

And you're getting things mixed up again. I never said that Superman can't be mind raped. I'm just pointing out how Heat Vision should still be on the table.

But when you say "mind-rape", can you explain what exactly can/will she do whole mind raping him?

He hasn't blitzed 8 people in less than a second, but theres clear evidence that he can.

She has never showed any sort of mind control in the X-Men series so why are you saying that she can? And again, he can use his Heat Vision while he is under TP. In X-Men, TP is just showed as a strain on the brain, he should still be able to use his Heat Vision. Just becuase he's in pain it doesn't mean he can't use his powers.

And no that whole Wolverine thing is not happening. Not only that he can be blown back with Supermans heat vision, but Wolverine would have already been blitzed by then. You mean to tell me, you think Jean can TP a bloodlusted/morals off Superman before he gets to blitz any one of them?

This

#34 Posted by KingAres109 (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: Wow...Great job man..Hats off to you.....

#35 Posted by Wardemon32 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4144 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: She has mind controlled Professor Xavier to use him as a sort of meat puppet when she went to telekinetically push the Blackbird away.

#37 Posted by Wardemon32 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by TommyJones1945 (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry Cavill blitzes like crazy.

CIN.

#39 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2883 posts) - - Show Bio

....sooooooo this is basically Phoenix versus Superman again.

All the other muties die (horribly probably). Supes basically out-muscles Jeans TK before she can TP him. Or, Jean TP's Supes before he can out-muscle her TK. 50/50 I say

#40 Edited by thanosii (1256 posts) - - Show Bio

This again Pheonix vs Clark and it has Been already established that she wins

1- She has shields that can hold back millions of tons of water, so they very easily withstand an assault from MoS until she TPs him

2- Clark has no resistance what so ever to TP and he goes down every time to it

3- Clark has no faster than thought feat in the movie, ever. Don't get me wrong he moved really fast but he reacted normally, similar to a jet pilot who can maneuver at Mach speeds but has human thought process.

4- jeans powers work at the speed of thought, she stopped hundreds of bullets in mid air a reaction feat unseen outside the " Matrix "

5- She is not the 1st person Clark will attack in the group in every scenario so she has all the time to mind rape him.

Bottom line Clark's thinks " blitze" Jean thinks " Stop ", he stops!!!

#42 Posted by thanosii (1256 posts) - - Show Bio

@blazinghell: I don't normally respond to posts like yours but I'm bored.

1- I know it's movie versions its clear on the op

2- When you say comic Supes beats Pheonix you just trolling right

3- how do I know Clark has no resistance? It's not my job to prove he doesn't its for you to prove he has

4- Manuevering between buildings is not faster than thought how old are you

5- The speed of her thoughts don't make her invulnerable to being stabbed

You points have no bearing on this debate at all

#43 Posted by TommyJones1945 (749 posts) - - Show Bio

^And ur thoughts either make zero sense/are wrong. The team dies while Clark makes out with Lois over their corpses. :)

CIN.

#44 Edited by trebean (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii said:

@blazinghell: I don't normally respond to posts like yours but I'm bored.

1- I know it's movie versions its clear on the op

2- When you say comic Supes beats Pheonix you just trolling right

3- how do I know Clark has no resistance? It's not my job to prove he doesn't its for you to prove he has

5- The speed of her thoughts don't make her invulnerable to being stabbed

You points have no bearing on this debate at all

1.GOD! Phoenix can't even find a way to defeat a slow moving Wolverine, a guy who barely has any TP resistance shown in the movie, why would you even think she can stop Superman?

2.You didn't even counter his 2nd point

3.And yes it is, you're debating against him, right?

4.Also, I don't think you should dismiss that maneuver feat easily, it shows that he has a high reaction speed, and a higher movement speed, and probably a somewhat not as high combat speed seeing as he was fighting Zod.

5.If she can operate telepathically/telekinetically faster than though she could have found a way to stop a slow, trudging Wolverine, like I don't know...... SHUT OFF HIS MIND?

#45 Posted by theONEtaichou (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman punches himself in the face and the resultant shockwave kills the Xmen. Ha!

@wardemon32: so this is where you are now... kicking butt and taking no names!!

good day

#46 Posted by Wardemon32 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii:

1- She has shields that can hold back millions of tons of water, so they very easily withstand an assault from MoS until she TPs him

I'm pretty sure the force of the World Engine is much greater than the force of the water from the dam. I don't really think this matters in this scenario.

That's the thing. A lot of people bring up Jeans TK with people like Superman and Thor, but Superman should be able to take it and Thor can always throw his hammer which she can't control.

But whatever.

2- Clark has no resistance what so ever to TP and he goes down every time to it

Yes. Now can you show her having the reaction speed to catch him? We explained this like a million times already. Superman already percieves time slower than us. Once he starts mvoing he already hit a few Machs. If he's coming directly to her and she somehow manages to catch him with TP, he'll fly directly at her still causing her to die.

She can't react to Superman. She has no feats to suggest she can use her TP before superman gets to her(Which should be well under a second.

Lets put Supermans speed down to 100. Thats 34,029 M/S. And then that would be 111643.7 FPS. The average battle should about be about 20 feet away. He should easily get 20 feet in less than a second.

3- Clark has no faster than thought feat in the movie, ever. Don't get me wrong he moved really fast but he reacted normally, similar to a jet pilot who can maneuver at Mach speeds but has human thought process.

So are you going to compare a guy flying a Jet at about Mach 2, to a guy flying at well over a 100? A guy who can fight at SUPERSPEED which would require you to have a slower perception of time, meaning that you think faster? How'd he maneuver through those buildings so easy without hitting anything while he was fighting Zod? How did Faora react to Supermans blitz by choking him in the iHop scene? How did Faora think to move when Superman was about to jump ontop of her at superspeed? How did Nam-EK think to catch Superman while he was about to blitz Faora?

I seriously fail to see how you can say he has "Normal Reactions" if he gets into fights at superspeed. You on the other hand fail to understand the context in "thought" and "reaction".

4- jeans powers work at the speed of thought, she stopped hundreds of bullets in mid air a reaction feat unseen outside the " Matrix "

My god. I really want to get a facepalm meme but I wont. Those bullets only went about 200 MPH. A car can go faster than that. How is that anywhere near teh speed of thought? You do know the speed of thought is light speed right? You're telling me those bullets were going light speed?

She was warned before the bullets show.

And the mind goes through "thinking" then "reacting". How much times do people have to say stuff for you inorder for you to understand?

5- She is not the 1st person Clark will attack in the group in every scenario so she has all the time to mind rape him.

You're finally right on someting. She is not the first person he will attack everytime. This was already debunked in your secind claim^^

Question. How fast is the speed of thought?

If he had regular human reactions, do you think you can transverse through those building goign that fast?

#47 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16875 posts) - - Show Bio

All right. I want to settle Phoenix vs MOS debate once and for all.

The Human mind requires on average about .25 seconds to recognize a threat. IE. You're driving and you see the car in front of you slam on his brakes. Or in this case. Phoenix sees Man of Steel ,realizes's he a threat.

It then requires about another .25s to do something about it. IE: You then decide to slam on your brakes. Phoenix decides she is going to control his mind.

So...at MINIMUM under the assumption that Phoenix's ability triggers instantly she would need .50 seconds to mind-rape Man of Steel.

Now. Man of Steel is Kryptonian and given he is superior to us in every way (and since we have to make some assumptions to even have all of this)...lets assume he can think twice as fast as a human. So he needs .125 seconds to recognize the X-men as a threat and another .125s to decide what to do about it.

That means he has a .25 window for him to attack everyone.

Here is my calculation of Man of Steel Speed.

@fallschirmjager said:

5:08. Superman is temporarily taken aback in mid air. Zod tackles him and they go fying upwards. We later see them exchanging blows as they go higher, before stopping at the Wayne Satellite at 5:16.

They did start a few hundred feet from the ground, but that is negligible given the distance traveled. While they are fighting on the Satellite we can clearly see the Earth in the back ground, the Satellite is CLEARLY in Low-Earth Orbit.

Low Earth Orbit is a MAXIMUM of 1273 miles above the earth.

Now its hard to say exactly how high the how high the satellite is. Normally, satellites orbit at minimum of 200 miles above the earth and a maximum of about 1200 (in low earth orbit). Since we don't have an exact number, we'll just calculate both numbers and it will give us a range of speed.

200 miles in 8 seconds. or 25 miles per second. 1500 miles per minute. 90,000 miles per hour. Or Mach 117 (rounded down)

1200 miles in 8 seconds. or 150 miles per second. Or 9000 miles per minute. Or 540,000 miles per hour. Or Mach 703 (rounded down)

So there you have it. During his fight with Zod both Superman and Zod were flying anywhere from Mach 117 to Mach 703. Given that they were both doing this, it gives legitimacy to the speed feat.

Now I personally think its closer to 117 than it is 703 as I don't think they were quite 1200 miles above the earth. But I have no way of knowing. If the satellite is used by Wayne Enterprises its most probably for communications and thus probably lower...but if it was built by them and sold to someone else...it could be used for who knows what. Wayne Enterprises also has contracts with the military (in comics)...and if its in use by the military it could very well be 1200 miles above the earth, as some military satellites are.

I'm hoping they will tell us in MoS 2 what kind of satellite it was, as that would give us a far more accurate guess about the distance traveled.

Unfortunately the OP has not given us a starting distance between the two teams. So I'll just actuate the maximum distance he can fly with each speed.

1 mile per hour = 1.46666666666667 feet per second.

Man of Steels slowest speed was 90,000 miles per hour. That is 132,000 feet per second.

His fastest speed was 540,000 miles per hour. That is 792,000 feet per second.

132,000 x .25 = 33,000 feet.

792,000 x .25 = 198,000 feet.

So. Man of Steel, assuming he can think at least twice as fast as a human being, can travel anywhere from 33,000 to 198,000 feet in one-quarter of second. That is 6.25 to 37.5 miles.

Unless the two teams are starting farther away than that, I think Man of Steel can successfully blitz them without much trouble - and he has plenty of room to spare to be honest.

This is all assuming he can think twice as fast as human being. I don't think its an unreasonable assumption given Superman lore has displayed him having advanced thought processes

#48 Edited by cooljammy18 (944 posts) - - Show Bio

All right. I want to settle Phoenix vs MOS debate once and for all.

The Human mind requires on average about .25 seconds to recognize a threat. IE. You're driving and you see the car in front of you slam on his brakes. Or in this case. Phoenix sees Man of Steel ,realizes's he a threat.

It then requires about another .25s to do something about it. IE: You then decide to slam on your brakes. Phoenix decides she is going to control his mind.

So...at MINIMUM under the assumption that Phoenix's ability triggers instantly she would need .50 seconds to mind-rape Man of Steel.

Now. Man of Steel is Kryptonian and given he is superior to us in every way (and since we have to make some assumptions to even have all of this)...lets assume he can think twice as fast as a human. So he needs .125 seconds to recognize the X-men as a threat and another .125s to decide what to do about it.

That means he has a .25 window for him to attack everyone.

Here is my calculation of Man of Steel Speed.

@fallschirmjager said:

5:08. Superman is temporarily taken aback in mid air. Zod tackles him and they go fying upwards. We later see them exchanging blows as they go higher, before stopping at the Wayne Satellite at 5:16.

They did start a few hundred feet from the ground, but that is negligible given the distance traveled. While they are fighting on the Satellite we can clearly see the Earth in the back ground, the Satellite is CLEARLY in Low-Earth Orbit.

Low Earth Orbit is a MAXIMUM of 1273 miles above the earth.

Now its hard to say exactly how high the how high the satellite is. Normally, satellites orbit at minimum of 200 miles above the earth and a maximum of about 1200 (in low earth orbit). Since we don't have an exact number, we'll just calculate both numbers and it will give us a range of speed.

200 miles in 8 seconds. or 25 miles per second. 1500 miles per minute. 90,000 miles per hour. Or Mach 117 (rounded down)

1200 miles in 8 seconds. or 150 miles per second. Or 9000 miles per minute. Or 540,000 miles per hour. Or Mach 703 (rounded down)

So there you have it. During his fight with Zod both Superman and Zod were flying anywhere from Mach 117 to Mach 703. Given that they were both doing this, it gives legitimacy to the speed feat.

Now I personally think its closer to 117 than it is 703 as I don't think they were quite 1200 miles above the earth. But I have no way of knowing. If the satellite is used by Wayne Enterprises its most probably for communications and thus probably lower...but if it was built by them and sold to someone else...it could be used for who knows what. Wayne Enterprises also has contracts with the military (in comics)...and if its in use by the military it could very well be 1200 miles above the earth, as some military satellites are.

I'm hoping they will tell us in MoS 2 what kind of satellite it was, as that would give us a far more accurate guess about the distance traveled.

Unfortunately the OP has not given us a starting distance between the two teams. So I'll just actuate the maximum distance he can fly with each speed.

1 mile per hour = 1.46666666666667 feet per second.

Man of Steels slowest speed was 90,000 miles per hour. That is 132,000 feet per second.

His fastest speed was 540,000 miles per hour. That is 792,000 feet per second.

132,000 x .25 = 33,000 feet.

792,000 x .25 = 198,000 feet.

So. Man of Steel, assuming he can think at least twice as fast as a human being, can travel anywhere from 33,000 to 198,000 feet in one second. That is 6.25 to 37.5 miles.

Unless the two teams are starting farther away than that, I think Man of Steel can successfully blitz them without much trouble - and he has plenty of room to spare to be honest.

This is all assuming he can think twice as fast as human being. I don't think its an unreasonable assumption given Superman lore has displayed him having advanced thought processes

Checkmate.

#49 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16875 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18: Whoops! My above post should actually read

"travel anywhere from 33,000 to 198,000 feet in one-quarter of a second. "

I edited it above. but it will be misquoted by

#50 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Interesting breakdown lol. Lots of science going on there lol

@allstarsuperman said:

This, he'll speed blitz Jean before she knew what hit her and literally fly Juggy to space, then punch Juggy to the next galaxy or toss him into the Sun, good night Juggy.