Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Hannibal "The Canibal" Lecter

No Caption Provided

VS

Light Yagami

No Caption Provided

Hannibal has to find Light in the time given. With the time given Hannibal can use it as prep, but that uses up the days given. If Hannibal does not kill Light on time Light figures out who Hannibal is and writes his name in the Death Note.

Round 1: 1 month

Round 2: 2 weeks

Round 3: 1 week

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hannibal x3.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uberhikari

There's no way Hannibal will find out who Light is.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GonnaRain

He does not have the resources L or N had, and even they took a lot longer than a month to find out who Kira was, so Hannibal isn't winning this.

Light wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He does not have the resources L or N had, and even they took a lot longer than a month to find out who Kira was, so Hannibal isn't winning this.

Light wins.

Well I am not picking sides put Hannibal figured out Graham's home addresses in less than day from a prison cell. Remember he was a psychiatrist.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GonnaRain

@joeagentofhand1 said:

@gonnarain said:

Light wins.

Well I am not picking sides put Hannibal figured out Graham's home addresses in less than day from a prison cell. Remember he was a psychiatrist.

I don't remember much about the movies, so you will have to correct me on this, but, didn't he have any info on the guy to begin with?

I'm not denying he is smart, I just don't believe he is on L or N's level, and they took a lot more than a month to catch Kira, and they needed quite a lot of resources to do so. For example, how is Hannibal gonna even know where to start searching? L had to use the fake L T.V announce just to figure out in which part of Japan Kira was probably living.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gonnarain: He only knew Graham's name, I believe.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GonnaRain

@gonnarain: He only knew Graham's name, I believe.

I really have a shitty memory. Thanks.

Still, that's something to start at least. The part I'm having trouble with is that I find it very hard for Hannibal to even start his search without any info at all about Kira, nor a name or even an area to start looking. Like I said, L had to use a TV broadcast just to start.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

face eating for the win

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NeonGameWave

Light all Rounds. If L one of the greatest detectives and most brilliant minds had significant trouble when in the discovering of Kira as being Light then Hannibal has no real chance even with what he is given in regards to the amounts of time within each scenario, Light will right Hannibal`s name in his Death Note and then it will be the end of Hannibal Lecter`s story.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Light would whoop all rounds

Alphapunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Alphapunk

A good psychiatrist would look at light and know he was Kira. If light was trying to kill Lecter it would be hard to stop him.

ImmortanSeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ImmortanSeth

Jus a few factors are needed here

Does Hannibal know he is looking for light or is he looking for Kira?

What kind of info does Hannibal have name, city he lives in, basic knowledge??

Without certain factors light should stomp

Also I just want to clear up people thinking it took L a while to find Kira. L had no trouble figuring out light was Kira he knew from the start of the series. He just needed to prove it

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AlphaQ

There is no way for Hannibal to catch him, he has nowhere to start. The only reason L came close to Kira was because Light made huge mistakes just to get the plot rolling, such as 1) killing the fake L 2)changing his killing patterns when he hacked his father's computer and found out L knew he was a student 3) killing the FBI agents.

Bear in mind though that part of the reason L got close to Light was because of Light's childishness and because Light was trying to get close to L also. Without this mentality on Light's part Hannibal can't do it.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BulletTimer

@alphaq said:

3) killing the FBI agents.

Why the hell did he even do that? Dumbest moment of the series

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd Side with Light, Lecter may have the Intellect to match Light but without the Reasources of Near or L for that Matter. He's gonna lose

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AlphaQ

@bullettimer: He believed that he wouldn't be able to move freely, IIRC. And I disagree with that being the stupidest move - changing his pattern narrowed done the numbers from all of Japan to the families of the task force. Not only that but Light stood out like a sore thumb in that group - as the most intelligent by far, the son of the chief investigator and a student. It's really incredible - if I was L I would've sent their families and all their friends to the chopping block and the world would've been rid of Kira for good.

EDIT: He also wanted to devide the relations between the Americans and Japanese task forces and to scare the agents of the task forces to resign. Now that it's coming back to me he was also trying to manipulate the task forces into investigating L around that time, in an effort to kill/expose him.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I would've tortured them instead, I doubt Light would've endured as well as Misa tbh.

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With nothing to go on except "find him" he will never get it done, ever. Give Hannibal more to go on.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

@bullettimer: He believed that he wouldn't be able to move freely, IIRC. And I disagree with that being the stupidest move - changing his pattern narrowed done the numbers from all of Japan to the families of the task force. Not only that but Light stood out like a sore thumb in that group - as the most intelligent by far, the son of the chief investigator and a student. It's really incredible - if I was L I would've sent their families and all their friends to the chopping block and the world would've been rid of Kira for good.

EDIT: He also wanted to devide the relations between the Americans and Japanese task forces and to scare the agents of the task forces to resign. Now that it's coming back to me he was also trying to manipulate the task forces into investigating L around that time, in an effort to kill/expose him.

Surely if he simply acted normally suspicion would be removed off him... we know this because that Raye guy who was trailing him said "I'll follow him for one day then stop, he's OK" or something to that effect. I get that Light can't read minds but surely he's smart enough to figure that out? Yeah, using info only police could know was also stupid as hell. Thinking about it, he made a lot of dumb moves early on.

Yeah, and look where that got him. Suspect numero uno in L's (and later Near and Mello's) book which led to his undoing. "Keikaku doori" my ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Give Hannibal the resources and he will do it. Otherwise, Small chance he makes it in round 1. Round 2 and 3 probably not.

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Purple_D_Dragon

Book Hannibal? Movies Hannibal? Series Hannibal?

amercian_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This inspires me to make a battle with Hannibal vs a certain someone.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24 Zetsu-San  Online

@joeagentofhand1: Hannibal is already on the registry, so the fight would end before it even starts. L would be like, cannibal escapes jail? Better kill him.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25 Zetsu-San  Online

@neongamewave: Best detective in Deathnote verse may be just above average in Hannibal verse.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullettimer: "Yeah, using info only police could know was also stupid as hell. Thinking about it, he made a lot of dumb moves early on."

That was not a mistake.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87 said:

@bullettimer: "Yeah, using info only police could know was also stupid as hell. Thinking about it, he made a lot of dumb moves early on."

That was not a mistake.

Yeah it was, a massive one

Light klutzed up so much at the start, to even get suspected when you're using a Death Note is a feat of true stupidity

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Light dies again.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pateuvasiliu

Light stomps. Even being the best detective in his world and having nigh limitless resources L could not find Light until Light did a lot of stupid mistakes out of pride which he has no reason to do now because Hannibal isn't going to show up on TV and mock him. Hannibal can't find out who Kira is.

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullettimer said:

@irhp87 said:

That was not a mistake.

Light klutzed up so much at the start, to even get suspected when you're using a Death Note is a feat of true stupidity

No it was not, not one at all. He purposefully did that. This is the second time I've had to tell someone. I don't blame you because it is a complex anime, but you're wrong. Pay attention and rewatch it.

Loading Video...

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87 said:

@bullettimer said:

@irhp87 said:

That was not a mistake.

No it was not, not one at all. He purposefully did that. This is the second time I've had to tell someone. I don't blame you because it is a complex anime, but you're wrong. Pay attention and rewatch it.

Loading Video...

I've never seen the anime, I read the manga. It's not complex, it's a plot device put in to get the plot going because if he used the Death Note with logic he'd never get caught and there wouldn't be a story. Thanks to using info only people with police access would know he narrows the potential suspect list down from a few million to a scant few thousand or so people, and there's no reason for him to do so other than his want to pit L and the cops against each other, which is borne of his want to defeat L. You're right, there is a reason, but in time it's proven that the benefits of using the police info are far outweighed by the costs. If he just left the guy alone and kept killing other criminals with regular heart attacks at randomly generated times he would've never even been suspected.

But regardless, it is a great manga.

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By IRHP87

@irhp87 said:

@bullettimer said:

@irhp87 said:

That was not a mistake.

Loading Video...

I've never seen the anime, I read the manga. It's not complex, it's a plot device put in to get the plot going because if he used the Death Note with logic he'd never get caught and there wouldn't be a story. Thanks to using info only people with police access would know he narrows the potential suspect list down from a few million to a scant few thousand or so people, and there's no reason for him to do so other than his want to pit L and the cops against each other, which is borne of his want to defeat L. You're right, there is a reason, but in time it's proven that the benefits of using the police info are far outweighed by the costs. If he just left the guy alone and kept killing other criminals with regular heart attacks at randomly generated times he would've never even been suspected.

It's relatively complex compared to most anime/manga. It's not rocket science, never said it was, but I have noticed a lot of the events go over people's heads.

The cost of using the police to get close to L worked perfectly. Down the line it never bit him in his ass any more than anything else he did to get close to L. His only mistake was giving a s*** about L in the first place, making it personal, but then we wouldn't have a badass anime. It's just PIS. Light is a genius and there's very few mistakes he makes against L.

But yeah, definitely great series.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO Light couldn't have lost to L if it wasn't for Misa's emergence, so he wouldn't have lost anything really by being suspected.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87 said:
@bullettimer said:
@irhp87 said:

@bullettimer said:

@irhp87 said:

That was not a mistake.

Loading Video...

It's relatively complex compared to most anime/manga. It's not rocket science, never said it was, but I have noticed a lot of the events go over people's heads.

The cost of using the police to get close to L worked perfectly. Down the line it never bit him in his ass any more than anything else he did to get close to L. His only mistake was giving a s*** about L in the first place, making it personal, but then we wouldn't have a badass anime. It's just PIS. Light is a genius and there's very few mistakes he makes against L.

I love it for that, though. I was hooked when I saw the Spaceland bus plan to get Penber's name.

Yeah, that's what it basically boils down to. We can put his need to win over L down to personality flaws. Light is a genius but he did make a few critical blunders early in the game, just for the sake of his arrogance... ah well. As you say, we wouldn't have a badass story without it

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87 said:
@bullettimer said:
@irhp87 said:

@bullettimer said:

@irhp87 said:

That was not a mistake.

Loading Video...

I love it for that, though. I was hooked when I saw the Spaceland bus plan to get Penber's name.

Yeah, that's what it basically boils down to. We can put his need to win over L down to personality flaws. Light is a genius but he did make a few critical blunders early in the game, just for the sake of his arrogance... ah well. As you say, we wouldn't have a badass story without it

Well, a blunder is defined as "a stupid or careless mistake." Light was well aware of his actions and their risks, so they're not blunders, technically. He wasn't careless in the least regarding the instance in question. As for it being stupid, that's a subjective opinion. I don't find it stupid because it was something he wanted to do, to accept that challenge. Anything a person does could be construed as stupid, technically; driving a car is stupid, there's in inherent risk. Eating has inherent risks. A person, to do nothing "stupid", would need to live in a bubble, and that would be stupid in my opinion.

His first killing was his only major mistake, objectively, but he didn't even think it would work. Everything after that was a calculated risk.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hannibal isn't exactly a detective, though. He's a psychiatrist, and even the world's greatest detective in Light's universe took time to find him.

Frost-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Frost-07

@bat_siri: @alphaq: @bullettimer: @neongamewave: @gonnarain: @crash_: @pateuvasiliu: @uberhikari: Hannibal wins, he’s more smarter than Light. Unlike L Lector can figure out that Light is Kira by looking into his eyes with his evil stare. Light won’t be able to stop Lector before he’s either caught or killed. Lector has figured out stuff more faster than L. Light will also have a difficult time trying to figure out Lectors name because there’s no way he can get through him. That being said Hannibal takes all rounds in this fight.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hannibal is a lot smarter than anyone in DeathNote verse, but he needs the proper resources to pull this off.

Quwudu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Light